Does this look like 2500 grafts harvested? FUT

Does this look like 2500 grafts harvested? FUT   

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I were in your shoes, I'd have the density of the hairline improved and probably nothing else.  I wouldn't mess with the temples or try to lower further.  As far as the multi/single graft situation, I'd let the Doc figure that aspect out.

• Like 1

Temples look good on you. I'd leave that alone and just focus on the most important thing which is naturalism in the hairline. Some of the best repair jobs I've seen, they did come down just a tad on the hairline and dense packed soft singles in combo with removing the multi hair grafts and re-implanting them in other areas for added density. 

The other approach would be coming down slightly and implanting singles around the multi's instead of extracting them. That is an easier approach, but with the downside of it still not looking quite right. I believe with as many multi hair grafts as you have in the hairline, the 1st option may be the better one, but that is for a very good, qualified repair surgeon to make the call on. 

Also, beard and/or scalp hair implanted back in the FUT scar would be a no brainer for you as well. Even if you ended up with a great procedure on the 1st go, that is something I'd probably want to have done anyway to have more options with hairstyles.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, John1991 said:

If I were in your shoes, I'd have the density of the hairline improved and probably nothing else.  I wouldn't mess with the temples or try to lower further.  As far as the multi/single graft situation, I'd let the Doc figure that aspect out.

She said removing the multis would lead to scarring.. I'll have a more in-depth talk with the Dr. in person

On 4/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, MazAB said:

Temples look good on you. I'd leave that alone and just focus on the most important thing which is naturalism in the hairline. Some of the best repair jobs I've seen, they did come down just a tad on the hairline and dense packed soft singles in combo with removing the multi hair grafts and re-implanting them in other areas for added density. 

The other approach would be coming down slightly and implanting singles around the multi's instead of extracting them. That is an easier approach, but with the downside of it still not looking quite right. I believe with as many multi hair grafts as you have in the hairline, the 1st option may be the better one, but that is for a very good, qualified repair surgeon to make the call on. 

Also, beard and/or scalp hair implanted back in the FUT scar would be a no brainer for you as well. Even if you ended up with a great procedure on the 1st go, that is something I'd probably want to have done anyway to have more options with hairstyles.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks for the detailed comment, really appreciate it. When I asked the Dr.'s receptionist she said removing the multis would lead to scarring.. I'll have a more in-depth talk with the Dr. in person when i'm there and see what her plan is. All I want is to achieve the best result possible of course

On 4/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Good call on the touch-up. Your crown is in good shape. Your temple points look fine, the main goal is to soften your hairline. The hairline looks like it has some multis, you might need to remove some of the grafts. You seem to have an overall positive attitude, which is important. 

For me, making the hairline look natural, priority #1. After that, I’d focus on density. To me, the height and shape looks fine. Lastly, I’d get grafts in the scar. 

The Dr.'s assistant informed me removing multi's would lead to scarring. Is this considered a special job? It's not common practice? If that's what will give the best result than that's what i'm going to push to do. Scarring in that area sounds rough though. I'll wait until I can talk to the Dr. in person

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...