Gatsby

• Moderators

Hair greed strikes again. It seems nobody can ever have enough hair 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Meeting Stewie again and finally the great Norwood 7 slayer, John, was a highlight of the trip also (can’t find our pic Stewie?). 

Awesome getting to catch up again mate, was to short for sure with John and you in and out of surgery, but at least we had a few laughs :) 

As for a photo I actually can't find one either, I am not sure we took one haha, ill use AI to put me in place of John :D 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Meeting Stewie again and finally the great Norwood 7 slayer, John, was a highlight of the trip also (can’t find our pic Stewie?). 

IMG_3174.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

Man, what a pleasure it was to hang out with you! Just a shame we didn't have longer I'm sure our paths will cross again soon and we can have some more fun (and hopefully less surgery!). Your result is even more immense in the flesh mate! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 9:16 PM, Gatsby said:

12 MONTH UPDATE 

Ive just had a cut and color/blow dry from my hair dresser. Considering where my baseline was two years ago from where I started from I’m over the moon. When it comes to my gratitude to this forum and all the members I’m genuinely lost for words. I never believed that I was a HT candidate even when Dr Sethi accepted me as a patient. In fact two weeks before the first surgery I actually rang him up and canceled it. But he talked me through all the obstacles and reasons why it will work. This is why I always state that the most important thing to look for in a hair transplant surgeon (after the research) is communication. Many thanks to @Melvin- Admin for who I believe runs the best hair loss forum. The biggest of thanks to everyone else. I’m off to the Phillipines tomorrow so I will update this thread with photos of my hair at the beach, in the water, wet, dry and otherwise. And most importantly, to everyone else who is young and worried about going bald for life, then don’t make my mistakes that I did when I was young. Learn from my mistakes! That would be the greatest compliment I could ever get. You do not want to live a life from 18 full of scars, hair pieces and ink (did I mention scars? 🤔). But right now there is still plenty of life in the old dog yet! Thank you to everyone who has followed my thread and has been so incredibly encouraging and supportive along the way. 🙏

IMG_8414.jpeg

Hi Gatsby,

Thanks for being such an inspiration to all us "baldies"!  You give me so much hope that a NW6/7 like me can get rid of "piece" and have hair 1 day.  Personally I have some other priorities so I am still a few years out on this.  Your and @Zoomster result are awe inspiring!  And also, I was researching SMP (as you might remeber) but I am going to straight for the HT now.  Thanks so much!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Gatsby said:

IMG_3174.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

You look sick with that hairstyle. If you grew out your beard youd look like a Viking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Initially I was thinking of 500-600 grafts in the crown (and it is a big, fat Norwood 7 crown). However after Dr Pradeep looked at my scalp it was decided that he would transplant 800 scalp grafts and another 400 beard grafts into the crown (1,200 grafts in total). 

It's amazing how many grafts they can find as long as a person is willing to wait a year and go back. I don't really understand how it works like that, but I'm glad it does. It means my 5500 procedure that is coming up will probably not be my last procedure unless I want it to be.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:23 PM, Gatsby said:

IMG_3174.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

With this hairstyle, you’re looking great.  I thought you went for a fade cut. But after looking at previous update, I found that you went for another touch up 😀 This is getting to the next level 😲

I think this is getting possible only because of Dr. Sethi’s approach. On the other hand, If it was Dr. Pittella  he would’ve went for maximum grafts at one go. I'm not against his approach, because he's producing great results, which matters the most. I just want to hear from you what do you think regarding this ? And Did you discuss anything with Dr. Sethi regarding your current medications ? Any changes ?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Shadman said:

With this hairstyle, you’re looking great.  I thought you went for a fade cut. But after looking at previous update, I found that you went for another touch up 😀 This is getting to the next level 😲

I think this is getting possible only because of Dr. Sethi’s approach. On the other hand, If it was Dr. Pittella  he would’ve went for maximum grafts at one go. I'm not against his approach, because he's producing great results, which matters the most. I just want to hear from you what do you think regarding this ? And Did you discuss anything with Dr. Sethi regarding your current medications ? Any changes ?

Thanks @Shadman. Firstly I am a huge fan of Dr Pittella and I follow his work closely on instagram and on here. I think if Dr Sethi wasn't around then Dr Pittella would be my pick if he accepted me as a patient. With Dr Sethi I find that regardless of how big a mega session he perfoms, he always leaves 'something in the bank' and chooses exactly where he wants grafts harvested from that need to go where. For example, the temple hair has to be light colored, slow growing and fine hair. Also compared to all other surgeons he gets around Norwood 7 patients by being able to master the art of using beard hair mixed in with scalp hair in numbers that are higher than any other surgeon I'm aware of. This last surgery for the crown has pushed me to now having had over '8k beard grafts' harvested in total!!! That goes a long way in adding density where it counts and takes the pressure off using pure scalp hair alone. Dr Sethi will push it right to the edge without going over it. He knows how and where to use chest hair and when farming into donor scars he didn't want to waste even beard grafts initially so he used pubic hair grafts. So even after my first surgery of 8,728 grafts, he still left enough scalp donor (and beard, etc) in the interests of donor management for the future. At the end of twelve months then if there is scope for improvement then the patient can look at going for further improvement which has been my experience. Again, even after the second surgery he repeated the aim of leaving some in the bank again hence last weeks final crown top up. I find Dr Pradeep to not only be an extremely talented and hard working surgeon, but also a creative one and someone who always wants to improve on each surgery than the one before. I hope that best explains my experience.

• Like 4

On 2/19/2024 at 11:23 AM, Gatsby said:

IMG_3174.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

Legend in your own lifetime .

SLAMDUNK !! 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 3:21 AM, Gatsby said:

The crown before and after 1,200 scalp and beard grafts were used to increase the density. 

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3165.png

IMG_3154.jpeg

I swear at this point it's like everytime a hair is taken from your donor, 3 more magically grow in its place 😂😂. Did Dr. Sethi say if you have any grafts remaining? (not that you need any lol)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Patrick_Joyce 😂 I'm not sure if I have anything left in the bank as I didn't ask Dr Sethi. But when I get to around 6 months and my donor starts to bounce back 🤞I'll ask him.

I also find it amazing that you've gotten over 8,000 grafts from your beard despite it being considered "average." And it even looks like there's potentially more that can be taken (if you didn't mind depleting it and not that you need it anyways). It makes you wonder, if average can put out that many hairs, just how many can a heavy beard put out if really pushed.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Patrick_Joyce said:

I also find it amazing that you've gotten over 8,000 grafts from your beard despite it being considered "average." And it even looks like there's potentially more that can be taken (if you didn't mind depleting it and not that you need it anyways). It makes you wonder, if average can put out that many hairs, just how many can a heavy beard put out if really pushed.

Yes I still have growth after more than 8k beard grafts being extracted. At 57 my beard is almost white and just makes me look older so if I color it it looks much better on my scalp than my face!🤣 I shave everyday but have no interest in wanting a beard.