GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

33 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Before and after of old plug scars and repair scars in the rear donor. 

IMG_7616.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

Dude what do you credit more, the smp or the grafts into the scar for concealing it? Are you gonna go back and do smp on the scar again, or you think the grafts made it unnoticeable? I feel like with smp you have to know what hairstyle you want to get it the right way. 

• Valued Contributor
15 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

Dude what do you credit more, the smp or the grafts into the scar for concealing it? Are you gonna go back and do smp on the scar again, or you think the grafts made it unnoticeable? I feel like with smp you have to know what hairstyle you want to get it the right way. 

The SMP made much more of an impact I think. For one it changes the color of the white scar tissue. The grafts now in there are more of a bonus but also do make a big difference. I won't be having anymore SMP.

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

The SMP made much more of an impact I think. For one it changes the color of the white scar tissue. The grafts now in there are more of a bonus but also do make a big difference. I won't be having anymore SMP.

So when you got the smp, how did you know how much color you wanted and are you worried if it fades away? 

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

So when you got the smp, how did you know how much color you wanted and are you worried if it fades away? 

I left that to Caitlin James who is an expert in SMP. If the SMP fades away it won't worry me. I mean I could always have it done again but more tailored to my hair transplant and for density. But I can't see that happening. Also this will be my last surgery. If the results are not great or the donor looks affected I can live with that. I'll never forget where I came from and what Dr Sethi did for me. I remind myself everyday by practicing gratitude for what I do have (and not on things that I don't or things I can't change).

Edited by Gatsby

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Ten days post op today. All scabs have gone. I'll update this in three months. ☺️

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

@Gatsby- The way your hair and donor looks now is awesome. Donor looks normal as if you just got a buzz cut. Yes, the current style looks like you are the front man in a ska band...but is that such a bad thing -lol? AND you look like 30 years old :).

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, SLA said:

@Gatsby- The way your hair and donor looks now is awesome. Donor looks normal as if you just got a buzz cut. Yes, the current style looks like you are the front man in a ska band...but is that such a bad thing -lol? AND you look like 30 years old :).

Hahaha. Thanks Addy for the kind words. Funny thing I’ve just returned from seeing a great British cover band of ‘The Smiths.’ I’ll just wait out the growing phase and keep growing it now and see how it looks in 6 months. Depending on how thin the donor is I want to grow my hair long again (and front a real band)! 

• Like 1

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Ten days post op today. All scabs have gone. I'll update this in three months. ☺️

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

This is giving me Brad Pitt from Fury

image.jpeg

I think this is perfect. 

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good luck with this one. I think you definitely made the right choice.

It would have been difficult living with the sparse area, knowing in the back of your head, that you probably could have added some more grafts.

In all reality, money not withstanding, you could continue to add density if you are willing to use more pubic and other body hair.

Don't feel obliged to answer if you do not want to but how much in total would you say you have spent on all procedures combined?

Look forward to following this!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 11:54 PM, Gatsby said:

Donor and crown 

IMG_3202.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

I think this will look awesome. Now that I’ve been mentally auditing the hair on like everyone I see IRL for a while, the overwhelming majority of 57+ year old men (and women) don’t have a perfectly closed off crown, just from natural aging alone. A small minority do but honestly for men like 25+, just having enough to not be noticeably thin in most lighting is enough imo. Definitely look forward to seeing your updates 👍 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 9:16 PM, Gatsby said:

12 MONTH UPDATE 

Ive just had a cut and color/blow dry from my hair dresser. Considering where my baseline was two years ago from where I started from I’m over the moon. When it comes to my gratitude to this forum and all the members I’m genuinely lost for words. I never believed that I was a HT candidate even when Dr Sethi accepted me as a patient. In fact two weeks before the first surgery I actually rang him up and canceled it. But he talked me through all the obstacles and reasons why it will work. This is why I always state that the most important thing to look for in a hair transplant surgeon (after the research) is communication. Many thanks to @Melvin- Admin for who I believe runs the best hair loss forum. The biggest of thanks to everyone else. I’m off to the Phillipines tomorrow so I will update this thread with photos of my hair at the beach, in the water, wet, dry and otherwise. And most importantly, to everyone else who is young and worried about going bald for life, then don’t make my mistakes that I did when I was young. Learn from my mistakes! That would be the greatest compliment I could ever get. You do not want to live a life from 18 full of scars, hair pieces and ink (did I mention scars? 🤔). But right now there is still plenty of life in the old dog yet! Thank you to everyone who has followed my thread and has been so incredibly encouraging and supportive along the way. 🙏

IMG_8414.jpeg

Just reading through this thread and you give me hope @Gatsby. 😭😭...I'm a NW 6-7  with Afro hair, regardless you give me hope brother, you give me hope......😭😭

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, dc3 said:

Just reading through this thread and you give me hope @Gatsby. 😭😭...I'm a NW 6-7  with Afro hair, regardless you give me hope brother, you give me hope......😭😭

Well remember that Afro hair will give a better illusion of coverage than straight hair which means you could cover the same area with less grafts. Also Afro body hair would be a better donor match to Afro scalp hair also if required. Just do plenty of research and stick with the surgeons who do great work in Norwood 7 cases. Wishing you all the best. 👊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/23/2024 at 5:54 PM, Gatsby said:

Donor and crown 

IMG_3202.jpeg

IMG_3201.jpeg

This is awesome in every way! I’m inspired when I see this. 

I had resigned myself to never being able to go that short again but now I’m not so sure!!! 

SMP Adelaide seem to have done a nice job. Are you glad you went there / did you do a lot of research?

Also was that before you had grafts placed in scar? I’m guessing not.

Edited by kiwidan

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

Six weeks post op HT3

Six weeks weeks has passed since I had 800 scalp and 400 hundred beard grafts transplanted into the crown. I am truly in the bowels of the big ugly duck 🫣🦆 I’ll hang onto the mullet (why not) and color and trim my hair at three months. This third post op period has definitely felt like the longest one by a country mile. 

IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3352.jpeg

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 6
  • Well Done 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:20 AM, Gatsby said:

Six weeks post op HT3

Six weeks weeks has passed since I had 800 scalp and 400 hundred beard grafts transplanted into the crown. I am truly in the bowels of the big ugly duck 🫣🦆 I’ll hang onto the mullet (why not) and color and trim my hair at three months. This third post op period has definitely felt like the longest one by a country mile. 

IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3352.jpeg

IMG_3353.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3356.jpeg

Very impressive and well done.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Your face seems to look a bit thinner. I know you said somewhere that you started working out. It's weird how when we improve one area we then get motivated to improve ourselves in other ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor

@Al - Moderator I’ve gone back to the gym and I’ve been on the carnivore diet for six weeks now. So far I’ve lost 8kg’s. Yes I think when you try and improve one area of your life it does cascade into other areas too. I was carry a bit of weight so it feels great working out, being more active now, etc. It also helps me keeping busy through this ugly duckling phase!  🤞 😉🙏

• Like 7