GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Administrators

@Gatsby This is one of the best outcomes on this forum ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks absolutely fantastic! Congrats mate!! 

I can only hope my end result will be even close to yours one day!

Can I ask a question? and sorry if it sounds a little stupid... I've seen people grow beards to be quite long, so I understand it is possible with beard grafts, but with body hair - is there a limit on the length of the hair that it can produce/sustain? As in, if you ever wanted to grow your hair long, would you be able to?

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, rja said:

Looks absolutely fantastic! Congrats mate!! 

I can only hope my end result will be even close to yours one day!

Can I ask a question? and sorry if it sounds a little stupid... I've seen people grow beards to be quite long, so I understand it is possible with beard grafts, but with body hair - is there a limit on the length of the hair that it can produce/sustain? As in, if you ever wanted to grow your hair long, would you be able to?

Hey @rja There’s a thing called recipient dominance. It’s too hard to say if this is occurring as I have never let my hair grow long enough. However the beard hair in my frontal/vertex area has grown to the same length as the scalp hair. The beard and body hair in the donor has definitely grown through as I can feel it. Also I think being on oral minoxidil helps ‘all of the transplanted hair’ (scalp, beard, body) stay in the anagen phase as long as possible. 👍

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hey @rja There’s a thing called recipient dominance. It’s too hard to say if this is occurring as I have never let my hair grow long enough. However the beard hair in my frontal/vertex area has grown to the same length as the scalp hair. The beard and body hair in the donor has definitely grown through as I can feel it. Also I think being on oral minoxidil helps ‘all of the transplanted hair’ (scalp, beard, body) stay in the anagen phase as long as possible. 👍

Thanks @Gatsby!

I didn't know about recipient dominance, but it kinda makes sense, I guess, considering the opposite (donor dominance) is what makes HT possible in the first place.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
31 minutes ago, azza786 said:

Adrian, are you using fibres? Also any other hair products on a consistent basis for enhancement? 

Hey azza! I rarely if at all use hair fibres as I just find it too messy by the end of the day and it requires a shower. I do use a product when I go out called Muk. It’s a pomade and I do use it a few times a week to tighten down my hair when I comb it backwards. Otherwise I mostly just comb my hair back and give it a squirt of hair spray. Hope you are well mate and wishing you a happy new year. 🎊🎈🎆 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hey azza! I rarely if at all use hair fibres as I just find it too messy by the end of the day and it requires a shower. I do use a product when I go out called Muk. It’s a pomade and I do use it a few times a week to tighten down my hair when I comb it backwards. Otherwise I mostly just comb my hair back and give it a squirt of hair spray. Hope you are well mate and wishing you a happy new year. 🎊🎈🎆 👍

Thanks Adrian. Sounds good. Wishing you and everyone here a prosperous new year.. Here's to plenty of growth, maturation and epic results! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

Gatsby, are you still taking finasteride and oral minoxidil? Do you think they helped thicken your hair, looks amazing! 

Thanks @HairTrippin. I stopped the topical finsteride about a month ago now as it was muting my libido. I'm still on 5mg oral minoxidil and I definitely believe that it has helped all of my scalp and beard hair in terms on thickness.

Most guys opt for the topical form of finasteride to avoid having sexual side effects however applying it topically will still get systemically delivered.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Thanks @HairTrippin. I stopped the topical finsteride about a month ago now as it was muting my libido. I'm still on 5mg oral minoxidil and I definitely believe that it has helped all of my scalp and beard hair in terms on thickness.

So do you think you don’t need Finasteride if the oral min is keeping the hair thicker? 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

So do you think you don’t need Finasteride if the oral min is keeping the hair thicker? 

I think my hair would definitely benefit from Finasteride. However it doesn’t benefit my partner!😬 I think I will try Xyon or some other product this year that has a base to keep the drug at the scalp level. Look at @Melvin- Admin. One year on Xyon topical dutasteride and his crown looks like he has had another hair transplant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian, quick question : Are you finding that you have to keep your hair a certain length to achieve density or are you able to pull that off with short length also?

Thanks 

3608 grafts with dr h.rahal, june 2007

1623 grafts- dr h. rahal, november 2008

total- 5231 grafts

My Hair Loss Website

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, azza786 said:

Adrian, quick question : Are you finding that you have to keep your hair a certain length to achieve density or are you able to pull that off with short length also?

Thanks 

Hey Azza. I find that the crown looks denser if I style my hair back over the top. The rest has good density in large part due to the beard grafts. Hope that helps. 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:08 PM, Gatsby said:

It's been a pleasure. I will update my 12 month result next week. 👍

I am looking forward to it my brother!👍

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY