GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

That is a fresh cut, man.

@Melvin- Admin nailed it with the Brad Pitt Fury vibes.

Solid 🔥🔥

Thanks @Steeeve. Donor’s looking very thin on it. Hoping over the coming months it will bounce back. Early days, literally. . 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators

You took the Norwood reaper and beat him senseless 🤕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Rocking the look with that new hair style Adrian! That is a very fitting look for you. Your new diet and exercise regimen has also made a world of difference in your appearance. You have such a youthful look now comparatively to even a year ago. Great accomplishment on all fronts!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

Gats, I laughed so hard at the “water board” pic at the sink!😂

You look like a rockstar! 😎

• Haha 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor
40 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Gats, I laughed so hard at the “water board” pic at the sink!😂

You look like a rockstar! 😎

She threatened to kill me if I didn’t reveal where the curly hair in the donor scars came from? I ain’t given up my pubes for anyone! 😉😂

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 4/10/2024 at 6:17 PM, Gatsby said:

Two months post op

First cut and color post op after the hairdresser tried to water board me!! 😳

35d047e7-6292-42fd-a376-362e2b7c4314.jpeg

This picture reminded me of Arnold Schwarzenegger when he is on Mars in Total Recall 😀arnold total recall.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

HT3 MONTH THREE POST OP

Well tomorrow is exactly three months since my third and final surgery in the crown with 800 scalp grafts and 400 beard grafts. To be honest nothing much has really happened yet and I didn’t expect it would. Some pics just taken outside before I go to work. Donor is still a little on the weak side and I will give everything the full benefit of the doubt at 12 months. In my next review I’ll video a comb through of the crown to get a proper look. 🙏

IMG_3528.jpeg

IMG_3529.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3548.jpeg

IMG_3554.jpeg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Hey Gatsby, did your doctor say anything about razor bumps in the neck area? What if you tend to get them after you shave, are they still able to use beard grafts, or do they graft around those? 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, HairTrippin said:

Hey Gatsby, did your doctor say anything about razor bumps in the neck area? What if you tend to get them after you shave, are they still able to use beard grafts, or do they graft around those? 

You need to not shave for 4 or 5 days before the surgery, so that there's enough of the hairs growing that they can see what they are extracting. I'm guessing that not shaving for a number of days will solve most of your razor bump issue. If you get it really bad then try not shaving for a while and grow a beard. Then you can buzz it down to the proper length for the surgery.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)

Hi, Gatsby:

Two quick question …I’ve just had my consultation with Dr Pittella and am moving forward with it - and am excited. But wanted to get some insight from you:

1) I too will be using a lot of beard donor. In your photos, I see some redness on your cheek — Will that fade? Up close, can you see any scarring at all?

and 

2) Given that our beard hair is a different texture, is there anything we can do to smoothen it, make it less frizzy once it’s on our scalp?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Edited by Slickster76
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Slickster76 said:

Hi, Gatsby:

Two quick question …I’ve just had my consultation with Dr Pittella and am moving forward with it - and am excited. But wanted to get some insight from you:

1) I too will be using a lot of beard donor. In your photos, I see some redness on your cheek — Will that fade? Up close, can you see any scarring at all?

and 

2) Given that our beard hair is a different texture, is there anything we can do to smoothen it, make it less frizzy once it’s on our scalp?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

1/ The redness in my case is the result of over 8k beard grafts being utilized. I found after the first surgery (about 4K beard grafts) that the redness faded after six months. During the second surgery almost another 4K beard grafts were again extracted and this left redness again which took another eight months to fade and improve. Three months ago I think I had reached the limits of what can be taken without leaving visible redness. Even though it was only 400 beard grafts, this time I think that they have gone over pre extracted areas. I am now using a silicone scar ointment twice a day this time and will keep using it for another three months or so. I’m not worried about the redness if it means I can have my hair back. I’m sure that this redness will improve over the next six to twelve months.

2/ I usually use a product called MUK and it keeps any of the straggly beard hair straightened and packed down. These pics today were just taken on the fly (no product, etc). Also in previous pics at a Xmas party in this thread I have just let my hair go back to its natural curly state. When left curly the beard hair blends in so much better even without product. I’m going to keep coloring my hair and just continue to keep growing my hair long from now on. All the best with Dr Pittella @Slickster76. If I was doing this all over again he would definitely be up there as a surgeon of choice. 👌

19 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

1/ The redness in my case is the result of over 8k beard grafts being utilized. I found after the first surgery (about 4K beard grafts) that the redness faded after six months. During the second surgery almost another 4K beard grafts were again extracted and this left redness again which took another eight months to fade and improve. Three months ago I think I had reached the limits of what can be taken without leaving visible redness. Even though it was only 400 beard grafts, this time I think that they have gone over pre extracted areas. I am now using a silicone scar ointment twice a day this time and will keep using it for another three months or so. I’m not worried about the redness if it means I can have my hair back. I’m sure that this redness will improve over the next six to twelve months.

2/ I usually use a product called MUK and it keeps any of the straggly beard hair straightened and packed down. These pics today were just taken on the fly (no product, etc). Also in previous pics at a Xmas party in this thread I have just let my hair go back to its natural curly state. When left curly the beard hair blends in so much better even without product. I’m going to keep coloring my hair and just continue to keep growing my hair long from now on. All the best with Dr Pittella @Slickster76. If I was doing this all over again he would definitely be up there as a surgeon of choice. 👌

And is there anything that I can use for the redness in the beard area? I imagine they will utilize a lot, if not all. I have Italian/German skin...so fairly olive...not too much though. I take really good care of my skin; it's pretty smooth and wrinkle free. So I'm just wondering if it's going to look pocked or bad after this.