BIG ANNOUNCEMENT-Dr. Hasson Instagram Live December 10th- THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ciaus said:

Personally I don't trust dutasteride enough, it has a more powerful and lingering effect, and compared to finasteride there aren't as many studies, FDA approval, and a long safety history over decades of millions of users. Guys should try finasteride first and if they continue losing, carefully weigh your options to include relying on more hair transplants if the finasteride slows your loss down enough before jumping on dutasteride. 

And the topicals are always going to be a small segment of the total market. If you're not getting side effects, like the vast majority of people taking fin and even dut, myself included, there's no reason to switch over to a topical that will be a pain in the a$$ to apply for the rest of your life, compared to popping a pill. 

For those looking to start, it'd be better to start by micro-dosing the pills and gradually increasing up to the standard dosage before trying to dabble in the topicals. But maybe if you are really worried about side effects to the point of being vulnerable to the nocebo effect, see if you can handle the topical first and if so, then try to move over to micro-dosing and gradually increasing the dosage of the pills. Applying a topical for the rest of your life is a big commitment, and you have to worry about other people like esp pregnant women, coming into contact with it. And its always going to be alot more expensive relative to the pills.

There’s a huge market for guys like myself who got sides from oral version. Hell, if I were starting all over again and was a 21 year old kid. I would definitely opt for the topical version with limited systemic absorption, as opposed to significantly reducing your hormones. This is just a safer route in my opinion, well worth the extra money.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, ciaus said:

Personally I don't trust dutasteride enough, it has a more powerful and lingering effect, and compared to finasteride there aren't as many studies, FDA approval, and a long safety history over decades of millions of users. Guys should try finasteride first and if they continue losing, carefully weigh your options to include relying on more hair transplants if the finasteride slows your loss down enough before jumping on dutasteride. 

And the topicals are always going to be a small segment of the total market. If you're not getting side effects, like the vast majority of people taking fin and even dut, myself included, there's no reason to switch over to a topical that will be a pain in the a$$ to apply for the rest of your life, compared to popping a pill. 

For those looking to start, it'd be better to start by micro-dosing the pills and gradually increasing up to the standard dosage before trying to dabble in the topicals. But maybe if you are really worried about side effects to the point of being vulnerable to the nocebo effect, see if you can handle the topical first and if so, then try to move over to micro-dosing and gradually increasing the dosage of the pills. Applying a topical for the rest of your life is a big commitment, and you have to worry about other people like esp pregnant women, coming into contact with it. And its always going to be alot more expensive relative to the pills.

Well it doesn't have FDA approval but it's approved in some countries for hair loss so it's not a complete unknown. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a significant number of dut users. 

I honestly feel safer taking topical dut not because I'm prone to nocebo effects but because I like to take every precaution possible. I'm very even keeled and don't get depressed or suicidal at stuff like this. I just don't like to take unnecessary risks and don't want to mess with my hormones as much as I can help it

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I liked how Dr Hasson addressed the benefits to not just transplanted hair but also for donor hair. IMHO I think if you are going to have surgery 5ari’s are important in not just the results of a hair transplant but over the life span for the patient. I know not all will agree on this and it’s also a huge commitment. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

There’s enough information out there to know the donor isn’t immune to DHT, there still some 5-ar activity, but at a much lower rate. I think some form of 5-ar is necessary. I understand some reluctance. That is why I wanna give a natural version a shot before trying this. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Exciting stuff.

Two questions: 1. Is there a place to watch this chat without Instagram? Surely it will be uploaded to youtube at some point?

2. What cost are we talking here? Is there a ball-park figure stated yet?

Eventually I’m gonna put it on YouTube, takes a long time to splice it all up so it’s easily digestible. It was over an hour long conversation. I’m gonna include some slides and his studies as well. 

Not sure about the cost. I would expect over $100 for months supply, but that’s just my estimate. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
17 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Well it doesn't have FDA approval but it's approved in some countries for hair loss so it's not a complete unknown. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a significant number of dut users. 

I honestly feel safer taking topical dut not because I'm prone to nocebo effects but because I like to take every precaution possible. I'm very even keeled and don't get depressed or suicidal at stuff like this. I just don't like to take unnecessary risks and don't want to mess with my hormones as much as I can help it

If it comes out that topical dut is effective few times a week with minimal systemic reduction. It will probably change everything.

View my thread

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Eventually I’m gonna put it on YouTube, takes a long time to splice it all up so it’s easily digestible. It was over an hour long conversation. I’m gonna include some slides and his studies as well. 

Not sure about the cost. I would expect over $100 for months supply, but that’s just my estimate. 

$100 is a lot for topical dut since you only have to apply it like once or twice a week. I'm gonna take the under on this. At the end of the day they're still competing with stuff like FUEClinic, MinoxMax and the pills. Even if it was $100 though I think I'll pay it...

I don't even have stuff to spend my money on anyway

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If it comes out that topical dut is effective few times a week with minimal systemic reduction. It will probably change everything.

I think it has been for quite a while with Dr. Mwambas formulation. I feel a bit better with Dr. Hasson's formulation since it seems like he's gone through a lot of testing

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

how is topical finas or dutas applied ? all over the scalp or on select areas ? i.e. hairline , crown, etc ? 

This particular formula needs to be applied to the particular area.

• Like 1

View my thread

And here we go again, the big announcements...

Scientifically, if you suffer from ED and/or Neurological sides even on 0.2mg per day, you will not get away with this kind of treatment.

Last time they said they have liposomal fin, and they delivered liposomal+fin instead.

The hype is on fire and will drop after the first people reports sides.

And if you don't suffer from sides, take the oral fin.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s a huge market for guys like myself who got sides from oral version. Hell, if I were starting all over again and was a 21 year old kid. I would definitely opt for the topical version with limited systemic absorption, as opposed to significantly reducing your hormones. This is just a safer route in my opinion, well worth the extra money.

The market is not huge and this stuff will give you sides anyway.

You guys really need to understand how 5ar is working, it is not all about DHT suspression.

It is a mix of failed Progestogene metabolism and higher t/e imbalances.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, devop911 said:

The market is not huge and this stuff will give you sides anyway.

You guys really need to understand how 5ar is working, it is not all about DHT suspression.

It is a mix of failed Progestogene metabolism and higher t/e imbalances.

Your obviously posting with an agenda, see ya 👋🏼

View my thread

7 minutes ago, D2x said:

I am a normal user, had hair transplants with Hattingen Hair in Switzerland in the past.

Besides that I am working in the medical compound field (no we don't do anything with fin or Dut).

So I think I have a bit of knowledge in that field.

So, criticism as I believe it is just extreme expensive and not at all superior to other formulations like PG/Ethanol, 

Will result in a permanent BAN?!

I am very disappointed @Melvin- ModeratorModeratorModeratorModerator Bye!

Whilst I don't know If I agree the ban is deserved or not, you are just posting inflammatory comments with no basis behind them and then acting all high and mighty like you have some sort of superior knowledge on how 5 alpha reductase inhibitors work over everyone else, including a highly regarded Dr. in the field who is actively involved in reasarch and has been for a long time...

In your other post, you admitted you didn't even bother to watch the whole video and then started on a tirade against their announcement/product - what is the point? If you bothered to watch it, you'd see that this new 'version' was created as they knew they were still having sides in some people with the previous version, so to make out as if you'd been tricked or something by H&W in the past comes off the wrong way. Why create a post criticising them when you couldn't even be arsed to watch the video? How can you even formulate an argument about something that you literally haven't bothered to gather the necessary prior info needed in order to actually do so?

In regards to the other part of your post, it's not all about DHT suppression obviously, no. It's more the downstream effects that DHT suppression via the inhibition of 5-ar that are going to cause issues in general imo, as you allude to when mentioning T-E levels and so on in your comment here. But, the only reason these things happen is because 5-ar is inhibited SYSTEMICALLY across the board. DHT is paracrine hormone that is also formed in the scalp/hair follicles and does not need to be targeted systemically in order to combat hair loss. It only matters that it is reduced where it matters, in the hair follicle.  

The whole point of Hasson's topical here is to act in the target tissue only and thus minimally affect serum levels. If serum levels are only lowered by 10 percent (as opposed to 70), then all of the other downstream effects on Estrogen,  allopregnanalone/neurosteroids in general or whatever else can be affected will also be less, too. What is it you understand here that I don't that makes this a non-worthwhile factor and that this would be guaranteed to give sides to anyone who would get them on fin anyway?

• Administrators

I’ve been doing this a long time, and I know when people are posting to troll. This guy is obviously a troll. No one is forcing anyone to believe in this treatment or to even buy it. But this guys here to post with an agenda.

• Like 1

View my thread

8 minutes ago, Enhancer said:

Great news for the 3% of people who get sides from these medications.

But any news for the 30% of people that medications don't even work for?

According to what sources do fin/dut not work for 30 percent of users?

1 minute ago, BurnieBurns said:

10% for the topical dutasteride 30% for the fin

Oh right ok, I must have missed that part. I wasn’t aware that he gave out figures for the topical dutasteride - thats more promising for sure, especially if it is a once a week application. 

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Oh right ok, I must have missed that part. I wasn’t aware that he gave out figures for the topical dutasteride - thats more promising for sure, especially if it is a once a week application. 

Totally, and he emphasised they want to use the most minimum effective dose possible. In a way, this kind of formulation is really the start of what topicals can offer. Dr Wong also said it'll be the next gold standard and he sure wouldn't say that lightly

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

@Melvin- Moderator Will you be trying their topical fin or will you wait for the dutasteride?

I’m actually creating my own natural formula, where I’m gonna be checking my serum and scalp dht. The goal is to have a minuscule amount of systemic reduction and a lot more scalp reduction. I’m doing it on a pilot basis. I’ll be sending it out to some forum members willing to track and try it here.  

Full disclosure,  I’m not in any way saying my formula will be a replacement to these types of treatments. But for those adamantly against fin or dut, it may be an alternative. If it doesn’t work, then yea I’ll consider microdosing this topical. 

• Like 1

View my thread