Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon

Der3k7

I am getting back on this forum because it is getting closer to the time that I will be ready to pick and schedule my next transplant. I am sure a lot of you recognize me here is a link to my previous main thread.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52580-dr-koray-erdogan-5000-grafts/

I am currently favoring Dr. Diep for my 3rd surgery because I have seen a lot of high yield results from him and he uploads good results to YouTube every weekend. I'm wanting to get back in here and see what other well established top surgeons people are talking about with the best track records of high yield reliable surgeries with consistency. I'm not really concerned with cost as I am willing to go to diep which charges $8 per graft. I simply want to optimize my chances at a great result with high yield while being conscious of my remaining donor area. 

Who are the best surgeons as of late that people are talking about? Is it still the usual? Diep, h&w, Freitas,... I only want FUE

Edited by Der3k7

• Der3k7 changed the title to Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon

Dr. Diep and Dr. Mohebi are great. Are you in California? They were both trained by Dr. William Rassman, who has trained excellent surgeons

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Dr. Diep and Dr. Mohebi are great. Are you in California? They were both trained by Dr. William Rassman, who has trained excellent surgeons

I'm in Arizona and willing to travel. Okay I haven't heard of Mohebi yet 

Check out Dr. Konior in Chicago, especially if you're willing to travel.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Check out Dr. Konior in Chicago, especially if you're willing to travel.  

I've heard of him a lot but when I look at the before and afters on his website I was more impressed by the before and afters I've seen from diep 

Edited by Der3k7

That's fine.  Be sure to take a deep dive into the patient reviews on the forum for a handful of docs.  This way you can see what has been happening of late. 

• Like 4

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

This is your third FUE and you're going with a different doctor. Definitely spend some time reading patient reviews.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Administrators

I went to Diep so I’m a bit biased, but De Freitas is fantastic. I’ve seen some amazing work check out @BjornBorg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've seen some really impressive results from Diep, especially the ones he has posted on his own YouTube channel, so I'm not trying to talk badly about him, but I have also seen a fair few where the results have come out looking somewhat... artificial to me, seemingly due to the implantation pattern of straight rows he often uses. 

As always, patient posted reviews from start to finish where the poster had no idea how things would turn out in the end are the most valuable, so have a look for yourself of any surgeons you're considering and decide who you like the results of the most, who you don't, note any things that stand out to you as good/bad etc.

Don't rely too much on clinic posted results (be that on their YouTube channel or website - no matter who the clinic is) and once you've seen enough patient reviews with consistent results that you think are great then contact the clinic and see if you like them and their approach to you as a patient/customer. 

4 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I've seen some really impressive results from Diep, especially the ones he has posted on his own YouTube channel, so I'm not trying to talk badly about him, but I have also seen a fair few where the results have come out looking somewhat... artificial to me, seemingly due to the implantation pattern of straight rows he often uses. 

As always, patient posted reviews from start to finish where the poster had no idea how things would turn out in the end are the most valuable, so have a look for yourself of any surgeons you're considering and decide who you like the results of the most, who you don't, note any things that stand out to you as good/bad etc.

Don't rely too much on clinic posted results (be that on their YouTube channel or website - no matter who the clinic is) and once you've seen enough patient reviews with consistent results that you think are great then contact the clinic and see if you like them and their approach to you as a patient/customer. 

Right about also looking at patient reviews. I'm a bit confused what you mean about the straight rows...he always talks about how he transplants in a zig zag pattern at the hairline 

Zig-zag pattern usually refers to an up and down sort of pattern at the hairline so its not a solid straight line on the first row and is broken up a little - I mean that he seems to place in lines in general rather than a completely random pattern.

Search the forum and read through some reviews of his patients, I'm sure you'll come across the same threads that I'm talking about. As I say, no shade at Diep, I'm in the UK so I've never deeply looked into him, but have seen enough results of his and this would just be something I would want to have been aware of if I was considering him for a procedure. 

12 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I agree with you on this. Some of Diep's work looks great. But others, not so much. Not sure if it's his cornrow approach. I see that from other clinics, too, but in the hairline it looks odd to me.

I have a total man crush on Dr. De Freita's hairlines. Just so damn nice! And Dr. Ferreira's hairlines are really impressive. (like this!)

5 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Zig-zag pattern usually refers to an up and down sort of pattern at the hairline so its not a solid straight line on the first row and is broken up a little - I mean that he seems to place in lines in general rather than a completely random pattern.

Search the forum and read through some reviews of his patients, I'm sure you'll come across the same threads that I'm talking about. As I say, no shade at Diep, I'm in the UK so I've never deeply looked into him, but have seen enough results of his and this would just be something I would want to have been aware of if I was considering him for a procedure. 

Okay I will look. What are the best surgeons you have found that I should take a look at as well?

2 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I agree with you on this. Some of Diep's work looks great. But others, not so much. Not sure if it's his cornrow approach. I see that from other clinics, too, but in the hairline it looks odd to me.

I have a total man crush on Dr. De Freita's hairlines. Just so damn nice! And Dr. Ferreira's hairlines are really impressive. (like this!)

I'll look into Freitas some more. Do you have any other top surgeons that you think are better than diep and up there with Freitas?

3 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Yeah, De Freitas is one of my favourites too. Him and Couto have the hairline formula. 

I'm also a big Ferreira fan!

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Okay I will look. What are the best surgeons you have found that I should take a look at as well?

As I say, I'm mostly in tune with European surgeons, but in the U.S./Canada, H&W, Konior, Cooley, Rahal and Shapiro are probably my favourite long standing surgeons. 

You should look into Bisanga, Feriduni, De Freitas, Pinto (I'm booked with him), Ximena Vila, Ferreira and HLC. They're who I all strongly considered and are my favourites. 

4 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, De Freitas is one of my favourites too. Him and Couto have the hairline formula. 

I'm also a big Ferreira fan!

I was strongly considering couto for awhile too but was hesitant because of not many patient posted reviews 

2 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

As I say, I'm mostly in tune with European surgeons, but in the U.S./Canada, H&W, Konior, Cooley, Rahal and Shapiro are probably my favourite long standing surgeons. 

You should look into Bisanga, Feriduni, De Freitas, Pinto (I'm booked with him), Ximena Vila, Ferreira and HLC. They're who I all strongly considered and are my favourites. 

I looked at these US surgeons and felt like I saw more home run great results from diep awhile back. I'll have to look at them all again

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I was strongly considering couto for awhile too but was hesitant because of not many patient posted reviews 

I don't think it matters. Cuoto isn't accepting new patients. He's booked through 2023, I believe.

Just now, MachoVato said:

I don't think it matters. Cuoto isn't accepting new patients. He's booked through 2023, I believe.

When I messaged them they said I could fly out and they'd examine me and if eligible do it that same week for me

5 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you have any other top surgeons that you think are better than diep 

Yes, many.

Your side of the world, Konior, H&W, Rahal, - and I saw a very nice hairline repair thread from Dr Cooley on here yesterday, however I don't know much more about this doc. 

Europe

De Freitas
Lorenzo
Couto
Ferreira
Bisanga
Feriduni
Hattigen
Reddy

Just now, Curious25 said:

Yes, many.

Your side of the world, Konior, H&W, Rahal, - and I saw a very nice hairline repair thread from Dr Cooley on here yesterday, however I don't know much more about this doc. 

Europe

De Freitas
Lorenzo
Couto
Ferreira
Bisanga
Feriduni
Hattigen
Reddy

India - Eugenix 

Turkey - HLC, Keser, Pekiner 

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

When I messaged them they said I could fly out and they'd examine me and if eligible do it that same week for me

Whoa! I've seen recently they have been declining online evaluations. Even his website is down.

Same week?! Not sure if I'd be able to turn that offer down. Do it!