Jump to content

Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Yes, many.

Your side of the world, Konior, H&W, Rahal, - and I saw a very nice hairline repair thread from Dr Cooley on here yesterday, however I don't know much more about this doc. 

Europe

De Freitas
Lorenzo
Couto
Ferreira
Bisanga
Feriduni
Hattigen
Reddy
 

I was Considering H&w for awhile too but felt like I saw more higher yield results from diep 🤔

I remember 6 months ago there weren't many patient posted results of couto, just his YouTube videos. Have we been seeing more patient posted results from couto? 

Also, what have you noticed about dieps results that makes you think these other surgeons are getting better results? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Whoa! I've seen recently they have been declining online evaluations. Even his website is down.

Same week?! Not sure if I'd be able to turn that offer down. Do it!

Yeah it was hard getting their attention though but they said because I'd be a repair case they'd have to examine me first and to prevent me from having to do another trip they can do it right there that week but it'll be over the course of a week. They'd do a little bit every day is what they told me. I was just hesitant because of lack of patient posted results. But his YouTube results are amazing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I was Considering H&w for awhile too but felt like I saw more higher yield results from diep 🤔

I remember 6 months ago there weren't many patient posted results of couto, just his YouTube videos. Have we been seeing more patient posted results from couto? 

Also, what have you noticed about dieps results that makes you think these other surgeons are getting better results? 

At the end of the day, if you really like Diep's results then go for him, just make sure you look into what was said before you make any decisions and decide if you agree or not.

As far as Couto's results, there aren't many on here, but there are some on the Spanish forum; same deal for De Freitas and Pinto really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

At the end of the day, if you really like Diep's results then go for him, just make sure you look into what was said before you make any decisions and decide if you agree or not.

As far as Couto's results, there aren't many on here, but there are some on the Spanish forum; same deal for De Freitas and Pinto really.

Yeah ill do another deep dive into all of the surgeons mentioned. I'll have to take a weekend soon and dedicate it to surfing the forum results. 

Edited by Der3k7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me Diep lacks consistency, and I don’t know why that is.
 

He has some truly amazing results, for sure.
 

But I have also seen patient threads of donors looking borderline decimated,  and unnatural corn row style hairlines, nothing dissimilar as to what we have became accustomed to seeing from cheap hair mills. 
 

For me, if you are an excellent surgeon, the odd few cases of lack of growth are an acceptable given with the nature of surgery - however those two things mentioned, donor extraction and naturalness of implanting, should always remain consistently good as they aren’t variables out of the surgeons control. For those reasons, I would be a nervous Diep patient.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Der3k7How many grafts do you think you have left in the bank .? I know you have had 5k already. Konior and his protege Nadimi are both worth considering. 
Dr Freitas is putting out excellent results, as are Pinto, Vila, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, Ferreira, Lorenzo. Lapunzula and Mwamba. So many good options in Europe ! 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Der3k7How many grafts do you think you have left in the bank .? I know you have had 5k already. Konior and his protege Nadimi are both worth considering. 
Dr Freitas is putting out excellent results, as are Pinto, Vila, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, Ferreira, Lorenzo. Lapunzula and Mwamba. So many good options in Europe ! 
 

I had a very dense donor region to start with. I've had 7k grafts done with not very good yield. Surgeons have estimated that I have 2750 or so grafts left. (Asmed, diep, and h&w). My donor area doesn't look bad or particularly thin but it has thinned out but no one can notice I've had anything done because it's not particularly thin in the back so I Def still have grafts left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

I had a very dense donor region to start with. I've had 7k grafts done with not very good yield. Surgeons have estimated that I have 2750 or so grafts left. (Asmed, diep, and h&w). My donor area doesn't look bad or particularly thin but it has thinned out but no one can notice I've had anything done because it's not particularly thin in the back so I Def still have grafts left. 

That’s a pretty awesome amount from just scalp hair. Shame the yield wasn’t better from the transplants you already had 😞 let’s hope the next one gives you a better result. With the names your considering your certainly giving yourself the best chance ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

That’s a pretty awesome amount from just scalp hair. Shame the yield wasn’t better from the transplants you already had 😞 let’s hope the next one gives you a better result. With the names your considering your certainly giving yourself the best chance ! 

Yeah I've seen high yield 5k graft surgeries and they go from basically bald to a full head of hair and mine was not nearly that dramatic so I know most of my grafts died at asmed

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I've seen high yield 5k graft surgeries and they go from basically bald to a full head of hair and mine was not nearly that dramatic so I know most of my grafts died at asmed

Was it the techs or Dr Erdogan who done the work ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Der3k7 said:

Erdogan only does incisions 

Yes I know but in recent years people don’t necessarily even get that unless they choose the top option. Most ASMED transplants are tech driven only. And then occasionally we see people choose the option where he will do the channel opening/incisions. Just wondering if he did all of yours ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Yes I know but in recent years people don’t necessarily even get that unless they choose the top option. Most ASMED transplants are tech driven only. And then occasionally we see people choose the option where he will do the channel opening/incisions. Just wondering if he did all of yours ? 

He did only incisions for me. I've never heard of techs doing incisions just extractions and placements 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

He did only incisions for me. I've never heard of techs doing incisions just extractions and placements 

Yes the model of ASMED is the same of a hair mill these days, multiple patients per day and tech only procedures. Dr Erdogan will draw the hairline and that’s it for most. They now pay extra if they want him to do the incisions. It’s the top option they offer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes the model of ASMED is the same of a hair mill these days, multiple patients per day and tech only procedures. Dr Erdogan will draw the hairline and that’s it for most. They now pay extra if they want him to do the incisions. It’s the top option they offer. 

That's crazy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

It is, and to be honest the price jumps so much if he’s involved people may as well consider the top European options such as Dr Freitas. 

What's he been charging these days? How much does Freitas charge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

Damn that's cheap compared to diep and hw

Yup! I flew from Texas to Turkey... flew business class, stayed 5 extra days in a 5* hotel, had a mini vacation... and probably saved $10-20k USD by going to HLC instead of a top US clinic. 

De Freitas, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, etc. are all in the top 25 in the world, I would say. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Yup! I flew from Texas to Turkey... flew business class, stayed 5 extra days in a 5* hotel, had a mini vacation... and probably saved $10-20k USD by going to HLC instead of a top US clinic. 

De Freitas, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Feriduni, etc. are all in the top 25 in the world, I would say. 

It bothers me because at the time I was researching after my first transplant for a best surgeon for my 2nd one so many people said Erdogan was in top 3 of the world. Then things started going downhill after I paid to schedule my surgery 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

It bothers me because at the time I was researching after my first transplant for a best surgeon for my 2nd one so many people said Erdogan was in top 3 of the world. Then things started going downhill after I paid to schedule my surgery 

I would be confident in saying he's still among the best. But as I understand it, he has technicians do much of the work these days. Even Dr. Acar (Cosmedica) is very skilled, but I've seen some hatched jobs from poor technician extractions. You have to pay extra for the doctor to spend 1 hour to make incisions. Now it seems Cosmedica and Asmed are more volume driven than quality driven. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MachoVato said:

I would be confident in saying he's still among the best. But as I understand it, he has technicians do much of the work these days. Even Dr. Acar (Cosmedica) is very skilled, but I've seen some hatched jobs from poor technician extractions. You have to pay extra for the doctor to spend 1 hour to make incisions. Now it seems Cosmedica and Asmed are more volume driven than quality driven. 

Well I went to asmed and got 5000 grafts with low yield and Erdogan did my incisions. Maybe my techs were just not good. It's hard to tell though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...