Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon

Der3k7

My first response from Freitas was that he's not able to do a surgery on me because of the density of my donor hair.  I find this strange because diep, hw, couto, konior all recommended 1500-2250 grafts for my surgery. Hw estimated I have upward of the high 2000s to 3000 grafts left. The pic I sent Freitas does have my head faded so it's hard to tell the density so I sent him some more with it less faded. For example here is a screenshot of my head when I had it grown out. 

16B37D1D-0DBA-4933-8BE6-B7EED60DB121.jpeg

36D1C733-80FB-4380-B078-2CAF9230F284.jpeg

9181A345-5D6D-4B9D-9FEA-04CC847CC509.jpeg

0D11B9C9-883A-42B1-8255-E31D6C784A04.jpeg

Don’t  worry, if H & w told you you still have 2000 to 3000 grafts, that will be.  At this point, I doubt that De Freitas likes to win easy, if he refuses the more complicated cases, considering the fact, that as already mentioned by someone, few real cases on HRN, but only those published by the clinic .

1 hour ago, Egy said:

Don’t  worry, if H & w told you you still have 2000 to 3000 grafts, that will be.  At this point, I doubt that De Freitas likes to win easy, if he refuses the more complicated cases, considering the fact, that as already mentioned by someone, few real cases on HRN, but only those published by the clinic .

Ultimately you're going to have to go in for an in person evaluation, so they can accurately determine how many grafts you have remaining. Remember, this number will vary between surgeon to surgeon, as some are more conservative by nature, others more aggressive - some with higher capability, others with potentially less. 

Don't feel too hard up about that response from De Freitas - it was only from a photo, and if you explained your back story over email, as was mentioned by Egy, he might just not fancy the hassle. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Just saw this post from Freitas and it looks like I have more donor than this patient even though I have had a lot removed and was still rejected by Freitas 🙄

3EFB168C-D3F7-42C3-9B05-4F3A1E7F3B8F.jpeg

I think the difference is you’ve had a lot of grafts removed and this patient had a virgin scalp. Keep in mind, these are suggestions virtually. It may be different if the doctor saw you in person. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
54 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

For some reason hw said hasson won't be available for my case and that I would be assigned to Wong

I’m gonna do an IG live with Hasson this Friday, feel free to ask him about your case.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m gonna do an IG live with Hasson this Friday, feel free to ask him about your case.

I sent a follow up email asking if it's because both surgeons felt wong is better suited for my specific case. I wonder why 

I reread the email they said it's "due to the fa toes associated with my case wong" wong would be assigned to me. Wong said something close to my proposed hairline would be reasonable. If wong achieves this I'd be very pleased. 

2ED45F6B-CB32-490E-A4DF-992FC4447CD8.jpeg

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

This is what they said about why Wong is a better choice for me

939F4BCF-4CD3-4727-BE15-C6120DDEE54C.jpeg

Basically, your goals are better suited for Dr. Wong, that’s exactly why I always stress, there isn’t a best surgeon, but rather a best surgeon for your case.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
47 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

that’s exactly why I always stress, there isn’t a best surgeon, but rather a best surgeon for your case.

This ^ For those researching for a hair transplant what Melvin has stated is exactly what you should be using as your first and prime filter for surgery. Cost, geography, etc are way down the line.

• 1 month later...

Yeah apparently Freitas reevaluate my pictures and changed his mind and said he can do my surgery afterall. 

I already booked with Dr wong because Freitas turned me away. What do you guys think...Dr wong or Dr Freitas? 

8FA60874-1A76-4975-8DDC-AF2C3A3FE682.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah apparently Freitas reevaluate my pictures and changed his mind and said he can do my surgery afterall. 

I already booked with Dr wong because Freitas turned me away. What do you guys think...Dr wong or Dr Freitas? 

8FA60874-1A76-4975-8DDC-AF2C3A3FE682.jpeg

Both good choices, pick whoever you like the work of the most, but you'll be waiting a while for De Freitas..

• Like 1

I just asked them how far out they are booking for. Well I've seen more impressive before and after from Freitas I think. They are half the price too. I just need to make sure I don't make a bad choice and waste grafts I need as many of them to actually grow this time as possible. 

If it was me, and I had to choose between the two, I would probably go with which ever date and timing suits you the most. And if the dates were pretty similar - -  if De Freitas really is half the price, even after flights and accomodation, that would probably make up my mind. 

Just now, Curious25 said:

If it was me, and I had to choose between the two, I would probably go with which ever date and timing suits you the most. And if the dates were pretty similar - -  if De Freitas really is half the price, even after flights and accomodation, that would probably make up my mind. 

Do you really think it is just a toss up between the 2 in terms of reliability and consistency of results and the transplanted hairs actually growing and not dying 

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you really think it is just a toss up between the 2 in terms of reliability and consistency of results and the transplanted hairs actually growing and not dying 

I would probably deep down favour Wong, based on his years in industry, and having came across more patient posted results of his (I don't use the spanish forums). 

Why did they recommend Wong over Hasson out of interest, I assumed Hasson was the more obvious choice for hairline work?