Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon

Der3k7

19 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Oh, hell naw! LOL!

I mean, he's awesome and all but there are WAY too many exceptional alternatives for a 1/3 that price. 

Yeah, unless you earn 300k a year or something similar, I don't see how it's justifiable considering there are so many amazing options that you really can't even argue are particularly inferior to Konior for 1/3, even 1/4 of that price! 

I'm paying the equivalent of 3USD per graft - 17 is crazy!

1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, unless you earn 300k a year or something similar, I don't see how it's justifiable considering there are so many amazing options that you really can't even argue are particularly inferior to Konior for 1/3, even 1/4 of that price! 

I'm paying the equivalent of 3USD per graft - 17 is crazy!

Even Hasson & Wong is $8/graft for FUE. It's hard to get better than that.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you consulted with De Freitas? I suggest consulting with all three perhaps over video call. The cost and convenience may become the deciding factor. 

I emailed him I'm waiting on reply. Also how do you think feriduni compares to Freitas?

I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions here, but Diep does get some great results. However, his front office staff is absolutely awful and unorganized. You can never get any of your questions answered, you wait weeks for any new information and it all seems like a shit show. When they tried to setup my consultation, they were late and failed to send me an email after multiple calls to them to find out what was going on. They were all very confused and I was shocked at how they can even operate as a business.

When I finally met with Diep, he said the following comment to me during my consultation. "I will make you look like Elvis. Full head of hair." This is such bullshit because no surgeon can promise this result, and they must be realistic. I told this to another surgeon/office and they said that comment was super unprofessional and just plain wrong.

Diep is a nice guy and loves his job. He also gets some amazing results. However, I canceled my surgery with him due to the front office staff, some horror stories on these forums regarding his donor management, and overall technique I have been seeing with some recent cases. There are a couple repair jobs that people have had after Diep as well. Again, Diep has great results, but there are too many inconsistencies for me to be 100% confident in him.

Edited by hybonix

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

2 minutes ago, hybonix said:

I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions here, but Diep does get some great results. However, his front office staff is absolutely awful and unorganized. You can never get any of your questions answered, you wait weeks for any new information and it all seems like a shit show. When they tried to setup my consultation, they were late and failed to send me an email after multiple calls to them to find out what was going on. They were all very confused and I was shocked at how they can even operate as a business.

When I finally met with Diep, he said the following comment to me during my consultation. "I will make you look like Elvis. Full head of hair." This is such bullshit because no surgeon can promise this result, and they must be realistic. I told this to another surgeon/office and they said that comment was super unprofessional and just plain wrong.

Diep is a nice guy and loves his job. He also gets some amazing results. However, I canceled my surgery with him due to the front office staff, some horror stories on these forums regarding his donor management, and overall technique I have been seeing with some recent cases. There are a couple repair jobs that people have had after Diep as well. Again, Diep has great results, but there are too many inconsistencies for me to be 100% confident in him.

Have you seen similar bad cases from Freitas?

• Administrators

There’s no perfect surgeon, and there are bad cases with every surgeon mentioned in this thread. It’s up to you to consult with them over video and really research and talk to past patients. That’s very important. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s no perfect surgeon, and there are bad cases with every surgeon mentioned in this thread. It’s up to you to consult with them over video and really research and talk to past patients. That’s very important. 

I know I'm looking for overall trends and probabilities. Some maybe have a bad case out of every 50 surgeries whereas one may have a bad case out of every 200

Here is my current status. I want to reinforce the thin part of my hairline and bring it in ever so slightly and square it off so it frames my face a bit better and also fill in my vertex that's thinning at the top back of my head ideally

1E4B543A-CEF6-4341-93CA-705AA047D0F1.jpeg

3AA6D376-F973-4435-8F61-705263C0D3C1.jpeg

A3890EF8-B87F-48EB-B382-C5FB5B63981B.jpeg

BF2DDB32-A3F6-4AAB-842C-237A0FA56B4C.jpeg

ED937462-04FE-4ED1-BB29-D3BBA446C8A7.jpeg

ACD9F4EF-4A46-4480-99FE-21CBA2197718.jpeg

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Here is my current status. I want to reinforce the thin part of my hairline and bring it in ever so slightly and square it off so it frames my face a bit better and also fill in my vertex that's thinning at the top back of my head ideally

1E4B543A-CEF6-4341-93CA-705AA047D0F1.jpeg

3AA6D376-F973-4435-8F61-705263C0D3C1.jpeg

A3890EF8-B87F-48EB-B382-C5FB5B63981B.jpeg

BF2DDB32-A3F6-4AAB-842C-237A0FA56B4C.jpeg

ED937462-04FE-4ED1-BB29-D3BBA446C8A7.jpeg

ACD9F4EF-4A46-4480-99FE-21CBA2197718.jpeg

Tbh I still think you got a pretty good result. I don’t think you’re a particularly difficult case, although your donor management is crucial. You might be the perfect case for De Freitas, as I recall you’re portuguese/spanish descent right? He operates on your type of hair all the time with incredible success.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Tbh I still think you got a pretty good result. I don’t think you’re a particularly difficult case, although your donor management is crucial. You might be the perfect case for De Freitas, as I recall you’re portuguese/spanish descent right? He operates on your type of hair all the time with incredible success.

Yeah im German, English, Irish, Portuguese, and spanish. Last name Rodrigues. 

I really want to fill in that hairline and square off my forehead a little bit it's too see through in pictures and in sunlight and looking directly at it. Kind of like these lines drawn on, but If I really had to conserve then I'd just fill in where my current hairline is without lowering and save for the top but I Def need to reinforce that hairline. Ideally lower and bring it in a millimeter or 2

E0ABA8D0-755E-46D8-BC97-A9B8A8DB2797.jpeg

885E37DC-FE2C-429E-B862-3009B59DF7FD.jpeg

BA32A9F8-D68D-4A21-A43C-709EE92AC476.jpeg

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah im German, English, Irish, Portuguese, and spanish. Last name Rodrigues. 

I really want to fill in that hairline and square off my forehead a little bit it's too see through in pictures and in sunlight and looking directly at it. Kind of like these lines drawn on, but If I really had to conserve then I'd just fill in where my current hairline is without lowering and save for the top but I Def need to reinforce that hairline. Ideally lower and bring it in a millimeter or 2

E0ABA8D0-755E-46D8-BC97-A9B8A8DB2797.jpeg

885E37DC-FE2C-429E-B862-3009B59DF7FD.jpeg

BA32A9F8-D68D-4A21-A43C-709EE92AC476.jpeg

Do NOT lower your hairline that’s a bad idea, hit up the clinic on here @De Freitas Clinic they’ll respond quickly.

• Like 2

View my thread

I think you *could* lower your hairline. It depends on your donor, which doesn't look particularly strong. You might need at least 1,000 grafts just to rebuild the hairline/temples and add forelock density without lowering it. Add another 1,000 for the crown. You'd need 800 or so more to lower your hairline 1cm or so.

So it may not be worth weakening your donor. As an alternative, you might be able to pull 500 from your beard. That might give you more options.

Ask @De Freitas Clinic to expedite the consultation. They are backed up with the regular online consultations. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

I think you *could* lower your hairline. It depends on your donor, which doesn't look particularly strong. You might need at least 1,000 grafts just to rebuild the hairline/temples and add forelock density without lowering it. Add another 1,000 for the crown. You'd need 800 or so more to lower your hairline 1cm or so.

So it may not be worth weakening your donor. As an alternative, you might be able to pull 500 from your beard. That might give you more options.

Ask @De Freitas Clinic to expedite the consultation. They are backed up with the regular online consultations. :)

1cm is more than I would do. I'd be fine with 1mm in the center part of the hairline (or even no change just reinforcement there) and then 2mm in the corners on each side so my hairline doesn't curve so much and is more angular. Like here and really thicken up where all the red dots are that would be solid. 

275FEF99-BBB9-4EB0-8E17-2D97311C10A2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a bunch of videos and results posted by Freitas clinic. It looks like their videos took some inspiration from Coutos videos at the end where they comb through the hair and everything.

6 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

If I had a chance to choose between Freitas and Juan couto who do you think would be the best option? Ignoring wait time 

In my opinion, De Freitas has the best hairlines in the game. At any price. And his price is a bargain compared to the average "top docs in the US" price.

• Administrators

I think they’re both excellent choices, although I have no personal experience with Cuoto, I’m purely speculating based on his impressive cases on YouTube. De Frietas is definitely one of the top docs.

View my thread

On 10/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think they’re both excellent choices, although I have no personal experience with Cuoto, I’m purely speculating based on his impressive cases on YouTube. De Frietas is definitely one of the top docs.

We only have 1 forum member on here who has posted their results with Freitas right? Other than that we just have to go off of the foreign forums? I noticed on the foreign forums a lot of the posted results also were by Dr Freitas forum account rather than patient posted results.

52 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

We only have 1 forum member on here who has posted their results with Freitas right? Other than that we just have to go off of the foreign forums? I noticed on the foreign forums a lot of the posted results also were by Dr Freitas forum account rather than patient posted results.

Yes, I too have noticed that there are not enough cases here, of patients who have published their procedure with Dr. De Freitas, but only those published by the clinic itself.  I was told that because of the language, patients have a hard time posting here, but there are a lot of them on the Spanish forums.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:25 AM, Egy said:

Yes, I too have noticed that there are not enough cases here, of patients who have published their procedure with Dr. De Freitas, but only those published by the clinic itself.  I was told that because of the language, patients have a hard time posting here, but there are a lot of them on the Spanish forums.

You mind sending a link to the Spanish forum here? I looked at a foreign forum and saw some but still a lot of them were posted by the clinic maybe I'm looking at the wrong foreign forum?

1 hour ago, Der3k7 said:

You mind sending a link to the Spanish forum here? I looked at a foreign forum and saw some but still a lot of them were posted by the clinic maybe I'm looking at the wrong foreign forum?

You should ask to@De Freitas Clinic here, what I said was written by him, I don't know which Spanish forum he was referring to.

Edited by Egy