Painful decade long journey. 34 yo | 3x HT

track_rat

• Administrators
7 hours ago, track_rat said:

Approaching 9 months. Tried styling a little differently in an effort to go outside without a hat. Just looks like a birds nest. Only have myself to blame for letting this happen to me. My donor is looking great and I know there are options. It’s just about being strategic and very careful going forward. Will keep you updated on what I decide..but I can’t live like this. 

2B016642-486F-4B53-87C2-07E4AFC4C01C.thumb.jpeg.284d7d62fdfb889f14f29e041296e447.jpeg94DB8967-68EB-4AD5-A25E-7C6DA1448EA8.thumb.jpeg.45e86e77a40f4871d08be5ec66efe9bf.jpeg

Man I’m sorry you’re struggling with this, did you ever try the straightener? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Also very important. Use a wide toothed comb after coming out of the shower to comb your hair. Apply the product, then run your fingers thru your hair like a comb so the hair bunches up and is more tightly formed. Once dry you will start to see the curls form. The more you wet the hair and use this leave in conditioner, the more it curls until it eventually and hopefully evens off in your case. 

Give it whirl, and let me know how it works out.

Edited by MazAB

I read your thread man.

I feel really sorry for you. Honestly. 

Androgenic Alopecia is a curse. I feel ya and I can relate to your story 150%. 

People often criticize Kevin Mann and Derek from MorePlates because they preach in favor of Finasteride/Dutasteride...

But at the end of the day getting ahead of hairloss before it gets ahead of you by jumping on 5AR inhinitors and AA very early on is the ONLY way to win the hairloss battle and not let it ruin your life in the long term...

Once you are far gone and start playing catch up by getting multiple surgeries, depleting your donor, spending thousands of dollars then it becomes extremely  consuming... Both financially and emotionally. 

The biggest mistake most of us make is starting Finasteride way too late. 

I saw your pictures.

Doesn't look bad considering your starting point and your limited donor supply. 

I think the coverage is there but it just does not blend very well. Your beard seems a lot curlier than your hair. 

Like Melvin said, using a straightener is probably the answer goo. Try to straighten those beard grafts in the morning and then comb it forwards, that way it should allow you to get better visual coverage. You could gain A LOT by doing so. 

I think the hairs grew in nicely on the crown. It's just a matter of how to optimize them and use them strategically. You know what I'm sayin bro. 

I'm curious to see Pradeep's and Arika's take on all this. 

I understand they were working with a very limited donor supply to begin with. So can't blame them for trying to use beard. 

I wish you all the best. 

Another thing I have to say is 

-Your hairline has been rebuilt very nicely with only 600 grafts. Objectively speaking, looks nice and natural. 👍 

-I took a close look at your beard extraction pattern. While I do agree 100% with Melvin about the fact that this is basically a trade-off, I must say they performed the extractions way too high slightly ABOVE the chin. Who performed your extractions ? Was it Dr. Arika or the techs ? 

Beard extractions should never be performed that high. It should always be below the chin unless the patient asks specifically for it (which is rarely the case...)  I am a bit surprised that they did that. Had you discussed that particular aspect before consultation ? 

Let's be honest....Sometimes the extractions s*** at Eugenix... I have seen 2 cases of botched temples from theirs technicians on this forum. 

That being said, your slight beard patchiness is not the end of the world.

You can always ask them to repair it for free by implanting some beard grafts from below the chin back into the thinned-out area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, What is your agenda here said:

I read your thread man.

People often criticize Kevin Mann and Derek from MorePlates because they preach in favor of Finasteride/Dutasteride...

But at the end of the day getting ahead of hairloss before it gets ahead of you by jumping on 5AR inhinitors and AA very early on is the ONLY way to win the hairloss battle and not let it ruin your life in the long term...

Once you are far gone and start playing catch up by getting multiple surgeries, depleting your donor, spending thousands of dollars then it becomes extremely  consuming... Both financially and emotionally. 

I saw your pictures.

I think the coverage is there but it just does not blend very well. Your beard seems a lot curlier than your hair. 

Like Melvin said, using a straightener is probably the answer goo. Try to straighten those beard grafts in the morning and then comb it forwards, that way it should allow you to get better visual coverage. You could gain A LOT by doing so. 

I think the hairs grew in nicely on the crown. It's just a matter of how to optimize them and use them strategically. You know what I'm sayin bro. 

I understand they were working with a very limited donor supply to begin with. So can't blame them for trying to use beard. 

I wish you all the best. 

I have little respect for both of these guys. They do not work in the industry so there really is no insight. 

15 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

I have little respect for both of these guys. They do not work in the industry so there really is no insight. 

Sure they are not in the industry. 

But the advice they give to young folks is the absolute hairloss Gospel. 

Trust me Mike MANY people could have completely avoided  all these suffering, trauma, emotionnal stress, money spent had they started treatment early in the process. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Another thing I have to say is 

-Your hairline has been rebuilt very nicely with only 600 grafts. Objectively speaking, looks nice and natural. 👍 

-I took a close look at your beard extraction pattern. While I do agree 100% with Melvin about the fact that this is basically a trade-off, I must say they performed the extractions way too high slightly ABOVE the chin. Who performed your extractions ? Was it Dr. Arika or the techs ? 

Beard extractions should never be performed that high. It should always be below the chin unless the patient asks specifically for it (which is rarely the case...)  I am a bit surprised that they did that. Had you discussed that particular aspect before consultation ? 

Let's be honest....Sometimes the extractions s*** at Eugenix... I have seen 2 cases of botched temples from theirs technicians on this forum. 

That being said, your slight beard patchiness is not the end of the world.

You can always ask them to repair it for free by implanting some beard grafts from below the chin back into the thinned-out area. 

Really appreciate you brother. The situation sucks, and it’s my fault for jumping into a big procedure. I’ve learned my lesson and will be extremely tactful about any grafts being moved now.

As you said, it isn’t the end of the world. I was in ok shape prior to the procedure, and was a happy go lucky guy, albeit with a thinning crown. I think I can come out of this ok with some careful moves, just need to plan things out in steps. I’m not concerned about the chin anymore because I know that’s an easy fix. Just sucks that I’ve had to carry that for 9 months.

And to all others who have commented, I really appreciate it. Melvin has coached me with the straightener. And Maz, I will order the balm. Anything to help me out on a day to day basis until a more permanent solution, or step towards, is taken.

cheers, will keep you updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, track_rat said:

Really appreciate you brother. The situation sucks, and it’s my fault for jumping into a big procedure. I’ve learned my lesson and will be extremely tactful about any grafts being moved now.

As you said, it isn’t the end of the world. I was in ok shape prior to the procedure, and was a happy go lucky guy, albeit with a thinning crown. I think I can come out of this ok with some careful moves, just need to plan things out in steps. I’m not concerned about the chin anymore because I know that’s an easy fix. Just sucks that I’ve had to carry that for 9 months.

And to all others who have commented, I really appreciate it. Melvin has coached me with the straightener. And Maz, I will order the balm. Anything to help me out on a day to day basis until a more permanent solution, or step towards, is taken.

cheers, will keep you updated.

Glad to hear you're doing well bro. 

Definitely an easy fix for the chin. 100ish beard grafts should do it. 👍

Try the straightener, comb your hair forwards, take a few pics and let us know how it goes. 

All the best and good luck bro 🙏

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Sure they are not in the industry. 

But the advice they give to young folks is the absolute hairloss Gospel. 

Trust me Mike MANY people could have completely avoided  all these suffering, trauma, emotionnal stress, money spent had they started treatment early in the process. 

Yep for some young guys who are uninformed. But for us guys not. The guy from no plates not dates also comes across as a smartass while he does not have much to offer besides his internet knowledge. 

• Like 1

You have a glorious beard (still). I think the extraction has gone too close to the jawline, and hence the thinning. You could grow it at length and then that would camouflage it.

I don't think it's going to grow back as you have had extractions around the area.

Personally, I would be against the idea of implanting beard hair or body hair on my scalp and as they are very different in texture. This should've been assessed properly at design stage.

Some people get away with BHT as their scalp hair has similar texture or their BHT hair to scalp hair ratio is low.

If it is taking too much of your mental strength, I would recommend a good SMP and growing out your beard bud.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 3

You can also try to perm your hair so it becomes curly and more similare to beard hairs on the crown. You look a lot better in the hairline than prior the surgery and more coverage in the crown. 

• Like 2

Have you looked into keratin treatments @track_rat? My friend has similar hair texture to your bearded grafts and has this done and the result is very smooth and straight hair. 

While your planning your next few procedures, it may be something to look into. 

Your already know this but you're on a journey ATM with your hair and you are only at the middle point so do not be too anxious/disappointed.

Take the time to save $ and carefully plan your next few surgeries and you will end up with a satisfying result. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike10 said:

Yep for some young guys who are uninformed. But for us guys not. The guy from no plates not dates also comes across as a smartass while he does not have much to offer besides his internet knowledge. 

Very harsh, Derek offers a wealth of information, based on his own and other people's observations, and always advocates being responsible with bloodwork etc when trying new drugs / routines

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Very harsh, Derek offers a wealth of information, based on his own and other people's observations, and always advocates being responsible with bloodwork etc when trying new drugs / routines

100% 

Derek is the man.     

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ryan Daniel said:

In my opinion your beard grafts aren't meant to be long, simply because of their characteristics. 

If I did beard grafts in my crown, I would keep it as short as I can. Tight and short

Tough to cut them short because there’s a large gap in coverage in the middle of the back of the head. They left that area empty, and instead implanted dead center. It would look even worse, if you can try to picture that. But I agree with you. Tight and short for beard hairs, as in my donor, is the way to go.

02AB5E16-A7A5-4122-AF81-6886C5CC7C25.thumb.jpeg.2204686398ac0272553d34d31ec29f17.jpeg7983524F-9DFA-47BF-9313-69543E6D51AE.thumb.jpeg.f3f3953f6a6ff9c34355dea643f374de.jpeg

On 5/4/2022 at 5:44 PM, lack of bludflow said:

I read your thread man.

I saw your pictures.

I wish you all the best. 

Imo Kevin Mann is not a reputable source of info... he is very confident and persuasive, and actually helped me make the decision to try Fin.

But the same man who said he has had 'no sides' and often criticises sides as 'nocebo', had to stop taking Finasteride in 2013 due to his profession that it 'messes with his di**'.

Check out James English's rebuttal video.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Imo Kevin Mann is not a reputable source of info... he is very confident and persuasive, and actually helped me make the decision to try Fin.

But the same man who said he has had 'no sides' and often criticises sides as 'nocebo', had to stop taking Finasteride in 2013 due to his profession that it 'messes with his di**'.

Check out James English's rebuttal video.

You mean Rob English ? 

I think Rob English is a knowledgable  and well spoken guy but he (just like Hairguard) want to push the Galea Aponeurotica scalp tension theory just to sell their scalp massages etc...

I think the Mann did a great job debunking all this.

• 4 weeks later...