Has anyone decided to go the hair transplant route without taking Fin or Min, do you have any pictures and advice?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hairtroubles said:

Are there any examples I can see with people NOT on FIN, like please?

Melvin just ran a poll asking how many people had a hair transplant without using finisteride/Propecia. According to the poll about 50% of the people who responded to the poll are not using it. The link is below.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

Are there any examples I can see with people NOT on FIN, like please?

Melvin & Bill on here are two examples.

Im not on them anymore & my hair is thinning slowly but still looks fine apart from the crown.

Im certaintly not going to give up anyway. And I will be a norwood 5-6 without transplants,smp in 10-15 years

I actually lost hair on Fin from 2015-2017. It slows hair loss doesnt stop it completly

We have seen big advancemts in Transplants & SMP in the last 10 years. Next 10 years I think they transplants will improve further.

More surgeons will reach this standard 

You should use toppik for your thin area's

I don’t use either - it’s arguably not the most responsible approach to take in terms of hair loss, but it’s a decision I’m happy with. 

I’ve consulted with 3x top level doctors on here who have expressed no concern with my plan to continually restore throughout my lifetime, which is fortunately due to my donor and BHT capacity, but it can certainly be done with the right patient attributes and expectations. 

6 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

I know man, but the thing is I tried fin before for a week, didn't know ANYTHING ABOUT the sides, and felt super anxious and had a panic attack at work and had to head up.  No joke, it was BAD.  I hadn't even researched the pill at all, but I know it fucked me up. I know this for a fact, I remember the day clearly.  I researched it when I came home and was terrified by what I read.

Is it even worth me getting a hair transplant?

Hmm, interesting. Are you prone to panic attacks in general? I wasn't aware that Fin had the potential in provoke such things. At any rate, it seems that no amount of convincing or reasoning will get you to try Fin again, so we'll just leave it at that.

In terms of a HT, whether or not it's worth it can't really be known until it's done, right? Because you may receive an awesome HT that looks great for a few years, however since balding is progressive we ultimately won't know if the HT will hold up in the long-term. So without medical intervention to help prevent or, at the very least, delay the onset of balding, it's really impossible to tell whether or not a transplant will be worth it.

One of the main reasons I am considering Fin now is because a friend of mine posed a valid question: "what if you start losing your native hairs after the transplant???"

I never really considered that and now that I've really thought about it, I was like: "damn, he's right!" If I continue to bald then that HT would almost be counterproductive because instead of being naturally bald, I now would have an unnatural grouping of hairs that still look thin! So if anything, I've essentially fucked myself up in the long run.

Anyways, not trying to add more fear or doubt in your life, but these are things you really need to consider. So have an honest conversation with yourself about it and perhaps reassess the pros and cons of medical intervention versus surgical intervention. One is permanent, the other is not...

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Melvin just ran a poll asking how many people had a hair transplant without using finisteride/Propecia. According to the poll about 50% of the people who responded to the poll are not using it. The link is below.

Thanks for this man, am now 29, losing hairs since 27 I would say, so not sure if that is late enough to not need to be on Fin?

21 minutes ago, Balding Bad said:

Hmm, interesting. Are you prone to panic attacks in general? I wasn't aware that Fin had the potential in provoke such things. At any rate, it seems that no amount of convincing or reasoning will get you to try Fin again, so we'll just leave it at that.

In terms of a HT, whether or not it's worth it can't really be known until it's done, right? Because you may receive an awesome HT that looks great for a few years, however since balding is progressive we ultimately won't know if the HT will hold up in the long-term. So without medical intervention to help prevent or, at the very least, delay the onset of balding, it's really impossible to tell whether or not a transplant will be worth it.

One of the main reasons I am considering Fin now is because a friend of mine posed a valid question: "what if you start losing your native hairs after the transplant???"

I never really considered that and now that I've really thought about it, I was like: "damn, he's right!" If I continue to bald then that HT would almost be counterproductive because instead of being naturally bald, I now would have an unnatural grouping of hairs that still look thin! So if anything, I've essentially fucked myself up in the long run.

Anyways, not trying to add more fear or doubt in your life, but these are things you really need to consider. So have an honest conversation with yourself about it and perhaps reassess the pros and cons of medical intervention versus surgical intervention. One is permanent, the other is not...

Hey, 

No I am not prone to panic attacks in general, would say I have never had one. I was also in a good place I think when I went on Fin, and was at work, in a booth and randomly I felt weak and had to go home I was that bad.  I had no idea about Fin so I know it was fin.I also know others have had the same issues with anxiety and Fin. So definitely a side. Maybe just a rare one.

I agree with your point, I just don't know if me being 29 would mean I am okay, or will get much worse.  I would say I am a Norwood V as of now. Which actually depresses me.  I didn't think I was this bad.  

I don't want to be on Fin or Min.  

Yes -your friend makes a valid point, but surely we can stablise the hair?  Surely you dont need to be on Fin.  Bicer says she does not recommend Fin, she doesn't recommend Fin or Min.

Asked about PRP and so forth.  She also said to me that she wants me to go to a Dermatologist, is this normal?  Do people go to a dermatologist before a hair transplant and get a report, if so what are some good qustions or things to ask for?  As of now, I get a really good feeling about Dr. Bicer.

2 hours ago, BOW32 said:

I don’t use either - it’s arguably not the most responsible approach to take in terms of hair loss, but it’s a decision I’m happy with. 

I’ve consulted with 3x top level doctors on here who have expressed no concern with my plan to continually restore throughout my lifetime, which is fortunately due to my donor and BHT capacity, but it can certainly be done with the right patient attributes and expectations. 

Okay, good to hear, and where are you at now.  Whats your plan without taking Fin or Min, how old are you and are you going for a Hair Transplant?

Do you have pics of your donor area, and which Doctors do you plan on pursuing?

3 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Melvin & Bill on here are two examples.

Im not on them anymore & my hair is thinning slowly but still looks fine apart from the crown.

Im certaintly not going to give up anyway. And I will be a norwood 5-6 without transplants,smp in 10-15 years

I actually lost hair on Fin from 2015-2017. It slows hair loss doesnt stop it completly

We have seen big advancemts in Transplants & SMP in the last 10 years. Next 10 years I think they transplants will improve further.

More surgeons will reach this standard 

You should use toppik for your thin area's

Thanks, I use Toppik, its just annoying, and I feel like itchess my hair?

Does Bill have any further pictures without Fin, never seen his, seen Melvins and it looks good!

I think I do want to go to a dermatologist and see how my skin is and what I can do, not sure what exactly I should be doing though or can do, maye doctors appointment, i feel like a bit of a mild mild itch, but maybe im over thinking it.

58 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

Hey, 

No I am not prone to panic attacks in general, would say I have never had one. I was also in a good place I think when I went on Fin, and was at work, in a booth and randomly I felt weak and had to go home I was that bad.  I had no idea about Fin so I know it was fin.I also know others have had the same issues with anxiety and Fin. So definitely a side. Maybe just a rare one.

I agree with your point, I just don't know if me being 29 would mean I am okay, or will get much worse.  I would say I am a Norwood V as of now. Which actually depresses me.  I didn't think I was this bad.  

I don't want to be on Fin or Min.  

Yes -your friend makes a valid point, but surely we can stablise the hair?  Surely you dont need to be on Fin.  Bicer says she does not recommend Fin, she doesn't recommend Fin or Min.

Asked about PRP and so forth.  She also said to me that she wants me to go to a Dermatologist, is this normal?  Do people go to a dermatologist before a hair transplant and get a report, if so what are some good qustions or things to ask for?  As of now, I get a really good feeling about Dr. Bicer.

I just went back to the first page to look over your photos. Your hair loss, while it's evident, it's not beyond saving with medical intervention. I would strongly suggest you reconsider Fin. I, myself, have abstained from Fin for the past 10 years due to the negative sides I would hear/read about, but had 0 firsthand experience with it. That being said, I intend on taking Fin only 3x a week as a precautionary way to avoid any potential negative sides.

When you were on Fin, were you taking the full 1mg dosage every single day? If so, perhaps it's worth trying to get back on it but at a lower dosage/frequency. This way you can avoid any potential sides, such as the anxiety it caused.

Also, why would your doctor say she doesn't recommend Fin or Min? I've never heard of any doctor flat out rejecting both forms of medication. They are the only 2 items that are proven to be effective against the fight in hair loss! I've been on Min for the past 6 years and while I don't think it's made a major difference, I don't have any major progression in my midscalp or crown either, so I do think it's at least help stabilize my hair loss.

And yes, dermatologists are pretty common to see in regards to hair loss. It's quite possible you may be suffering from a skin condition and you may not actually be suffering from MPB, but based on your photos I would say that's probably not likely.

Edited by Balding Bad

1 hour ago, Hairtroubles said:

Okay, good to hear, and where are you at now.  Whats your plan without taking Fin or Min, how old are you and are you going for a Hair Transplant?

Do you have pics of your donor area, and which Doctors do you plan on pursuing?

I had a hairline restoration procedure with Dr Bisanga coming up 3 years ago, and I’m scheduled to have a small procedure with Dr Konior mid next year. 

I have a thread with pics. 

16 minutes ago, BOW32 said:

I had a hairline restoration procedure with Dr Bisanga coming up 3 years ago, and I’m scheduled to have a small procedure with Dr Konior mid next year. 

I have a thread with pics. 

Hey mate, ive just tried to find your posts with your hairloss, can you link me, for some reason it freezes everytime i click on your activity in your profile... super weird.

35 minutes ago, Balding Bad said:

I just went back to the first page to look over your photos. Your hair loss, while it's evident, it's not beyond saving with medical intervention. I would strongly suggest you reconsider Fin. I, myself, have abstained from Fin for the past 10 years due to the negative sides I would hear/read about, but had 0 firsthand experience with it. That being said, I intend on taking Fin only 3x a week as a precautionary way to avoid any potential negative sides.

When you were on Fin, were you taking the full 1mg dosage every single day? If so, perhaps it's worth trying to get back on it but at a lower dosage/frequency. This way you can avoid any potential sides, such as the anxiety it caused.

Also, why would your doctor say she doesn't recommend Fin or Min? I've never heard of any doctor flat out rejecting both forms of medication. They are the only 2 items that are proven to be effective against the fight in hair loss! I've been on Min for the past 6 years and while I don't think it's made a major difference, I don't have any major progression in my midscalp or crown either, so I do think it's at least help stabilize my hair loss.

And yes, dermatologists are pretty common to see in regards to hair loss. It's quite possible you may be suffering from a skin condition and you may not actually be suffering from MPB, but based on your photos I would say that's probably not likely.

Thanks man, yeah, I think if I took fin and min, my hairline would be saved, but I am too nervous to try Fin.  Also, my friends who have taken 0.25mg of min have had sides.  Someone who has taken Fin 0.50 every other day, hasn't had a boner in a while I know as well.  It scares me. 

So I presume you have not been on Fin either, and are reconsidering it, what is making you want to take it now all of a sudden, whats changed in your mind set?

Bicer just said to me she doesn't recommend it, just wants my hair loss to stable naturally, I dont know, hopefully I can just have a hair transplant without Fin or min.

10 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

Thanks man, yeah, I think if I took fin and min, my hairline would be saved, but I am too nervous to try Fin.  Also, my friends who have taken 0.25mg of min have had sides.  Someone who has taken Fin 0.50 every other day, hasn't had a boner in a while I know as well.  It scares me. 

So I presume you have not been on Fin either, and are reconsidering it, what is making you want to take it now all of a sudden, whats changed in your mind set?

Bicer just said to me she doesn't recommend it, just wants my hair loss to stable naturally, I dont know, hopefully I can just have a hair transplant without Fin or min.

I was moving full steam ahead with a HT procedure and was hoping to have it scheduled early 2022. During my consultation call the rep really pushed hard for medical intervention, which I was obviously resistant to. I reasoned that if anything I would start with Fin AFTER my HT.

However the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it didn't quite make sense to get on medication AFTER surgery. Surgery should be the absolute last resort! Also when my friend questioned me about what I would do if my native hairs fell out, it made me realize that I'm eventually gonna need to be on Fin because hair loss IS PROGRESSIVE, so even though my hair will look nice with the newly transplanted hairs, eventually it'll start to look thin again when the native hairs fall out, so I'll be back at square one.

So I decided you know what? It would make a lot more sense for me to overcome my fear of Fin first, take it BEFORE any potential surgery to see how I react...because who knows, I may potentially respond to it quite well with 0 sides and all the benefits! And if my hair can regrow then it might be possible I may require less grafts or NO GRAFTS at all because all my hair came back (this is wishful thinking)!

That was my thought process.

I've got the Fin right now, had it since last week, but I haven't taken it yet since I'd like to get some blood tests done first prior to starting. It's not necessary, but I feel like it'd be nice to have a baseline of my vitals before I start this medication.

Edited by Balding Bad
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Balding Bad said:

I was moving full steam ahead with a HT procedure and was hoping to have it scheduled early 2022. During my consultation call the rep really pushed hard for medical intervention, which I was obviously resistant to. I reasoned that if anything I would start with Fin AFTER my HT.

However the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it didn't quite make sense to get on medication AFTER surgery. Surgery should be the absolute last resort! Also when my friend questioned me about what I would do if my native hairs fell out, it made me realize that I'm eventually gonna need to be on Fin because hair loss IS PROGRESSIVE, so even though my hair will look nice with the newly transplanted hairs, eventually it'll start to look thin again when the native hairs fall out, so I'll be back at square one.

So I decided you know what? It would make a lot more sense for me to overcome my fear of Fin first, take it BEFORE any potential surgery to see how I react...because who knows, I may potentially respond to it quite well with 0 sides and all the benefits! And if my hair can regrow then it might be possible I may require less grafts or NO GRAFTS at all because all my hair came back (this is wishful thinking)!

I've got the Fin right now, had it since last week, but I haven't taken it yet since I'd like to get some blood tests done first prior to starting. It's not necessary, but I feel like it'd be nice to have a baseline of my vitals before I start this medication.

Exactly. I’m not a doctor but I believe that surgery should be a last resort for hair loss. And if you are going to have surgery you want to optimize your results as surgery is for life. If you can strengthen your native hair, improve your crown and donor supply and stabilize your hair loss then in my humble opinion it’s definitely worth ‘trying’ Finasteride. When I first tried it (even as a Norwood 6) my donor hair felt thicker and my lower crown began to lift similar to @Zoomster experience. After two months I lost my libido. After sticking it out (pardon the pun) for another fortnight I went off the drug. Within 10 days my sex drive rebounded through the roof. I recently went back on Finasteride Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ 0.5mg. I have just increased Friday to 1mg and still no sides and I feel that my donor hair is getter stronger again, etc. Very soon I will titrate up my Monday dose to 1mg and so on. My goal is to reach 1mg every other day. Their are a lot of risks in surgery that we see the results of on this forum on a daily basis. I know 5ari’s aren’t for everyone. But I don’t believe we should throw the baby out with the bath water. It’s a personal choice. All the best. 

• Like 1

Your hair loss will not stabilize without an anti-androgen protecting your follicles. Does that mean you can't restore your hair through transplants? No, but you have to have the resources to sustain. You can be a NW 5/6 and essentially lose everything up top and still get a nice restoration. The key is you have to have the available donor to support. Meaning high density, high caliber, coarse hair in the occipital region and adequate beard hair. A restoration without medication can only be as good as your supply of donor hair. Keep in mind though that high Norwoods usually don't have this type of donor so it is rare to be able to achieve a great result without medical therapy. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

20 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

Thanks man for that feedback, and i get completely where you are coming from, I really do.  I guess it is all about the priorities.   I took Fin once, 3 years ago, and I had not researched the sides at all - I had panic attacks at work.  Close friend of mine had sides. I dont want to be on it. Minoxidil, I took it for a month, then I see after a month I have massive heart palpitations...  this is why I just dont want to mess around with my body anymore.  I tried it man, I really did. Maybe I am not meant for it.  I feel a bit demotivated, like genuinely, I am down the path and doomed.  I dont know.

So there you go, I am planning on going to a dermatologist, hopefully, getting some tests, seeing if I have anything, managing the hair loss hopefully, I have to ask the 4 following questions:

1- reason of hair loss ?  2- tricoscopic examination result  3- telogen efflivium ? : 4-active hairloss ?

Anything else I should ask?

Anyways, this is my thoughts, why I feel a bit doomed and a loss.  GIven all this, do i really have another chocie?

18 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Exactly. I’m not a doctor but I believe that surgery should be a last resort for hair loss. And if you are going to have surgery you want to optimize your results as surgery is for life. If you can strengthen your native hair, improve your crown and donor supply and stabilize your hair loss then in my humble opinion it’s definitely worth ‘trying’ Finasteride. When I first tried it (even as a Norwood 6) my donor hair felt thicker and my lower crown began to lift similar to @Zoomster experience. After two months I lost my libido. After sticking it out (pardon the pun) for another fortnight I went off the drug. Within 10 days my sex drive rebounded through the roof. I recently went back on Finasteride Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ 0.5mg. I have just increased Friday to 1mg and still no sides and I feel that my donor hair is getter stronger again, etc. Very soon I will titrate up my Monday dose to 1mg and so on. My goal is to reach 1mg every other day. Their are a lot of risks in surgery that we see the results of on this forum on a daily basis. I know 5ari’s aren’t for everyone. But I don’t believe we should throw the baby out with the bath water. It’s a personal choice. All the best. 

I appreciate it.  I appreciate the advice.  I dunno man, i just dont want to be on fin, I really, really dont.  It scares the crap out of me, honestly.  Without Fin, am I just doomed, honestly.

17 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

Your hair loss will not stabilize without an anti-androgen protecting your follicles. Does that mean you can't restore your hair through transplants? No, but you have to have the resources to sustain. You can be a NW 5/6 and essentially lose everything up top and still get a nice restoration. The key is you have to have the available donor to support. Meaning high density, high caliber, coarse hair in the occipital region and adequate beard hair. A restoration without medication can only be as good as your supply of donor hair. Keep in mind though that high Norwoods usually don't have this type of donor so it is rare to be able to achieve a great result without medical therapy. 

I get it, looking at my donor area at the beginning of this thread, what do you think, is it enough?  Is it possible, my loss could stable.  Looking at pictures of my both grandads ... they have thick hair until 40-50 so I am super confused.

Your posts really are quite unnecessarily dramatic - this thread is just going round in circles, and you keep asking the same unanswerable questions each time a new user adds their piece and entertains you. 

No one can tell you how much hair loss you are going to have over the course of your life time, because a) we don’t know when you’re going to die, and b) there is no possible way as of 2021 to determine 100% what hair is safe and what isn’t. 

The input on here has been sufficient enough for you to go away and make up your own mind about what it is you want to do. Going to see the dermatologist is likely going to be a waste of time and money, because your hair loss is due to MPB, as it is for pretty much every other guy in the world who is losing hair. 

Go and consult with a reputable surgeon, find out what your donor potentials are, and what signs of miniaturisation you currently have showing throughout your scalp. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Your posts really are quite unnecessarily dramatic - this thread is just going round in circles, and you keep asking the same unanswerable questions each time a new user adds their piece and entertains you. 

No one can tell you how much hair loss you are going to have over the course of your life time, because a) we don’t know when you’re going to die, and b) there is no possible way as of 2021 to determine 100% what hair is safe and what isn’t. 

The input on here has been sufficient enough for you to go away and make up your own mind about what it is you want to do. Going to see the dermatologist is likely going to be a waste of time and money, because your hair loss is due to MPB, as it is for pretty much every other guy in the world who is losing hair. 

Go and consult with a reputable surgeon, find out what your donor potentials are, and what signs of miniaturisation you currently have showing throughout your scalp. 

@Curious25 - the surgeon who is wanting to do my Hair Transplant, is telling me to go to a dermatologist............  Ive spoken to her now for quite a while, they are asking me to do this.   So if I say no, the person i want to have a transplant with wont do it.

Didn't want to go too much into detail about this part on this thread, but started another one about these products I have been prescribed, to be honest, I am at a proper loose end feeling quite down as I do not even know if these products prescribed are going to help:

On 11/25/2021 at 1:58 PM, Curious25 said:

@Hairtroubles I think Curious25 has hit the nail on the head with his response. It's a bit blunt, but it's also the much needed truth.

I think you're hoping someone will chime in with a response touting a miracle drug/procedure that will regrow 100% of your hair with absolutely no side effects or potential negative short/long-term effects and the reality is that simply isn't going to happen.

You need to either accept that, medically, your only options are going to be Fin/Min or perhaps even Saw Palmetto (but even that has similar sides the Fin) and if you choose not to then it's almost a guarantee your hair loss/miniaturization will continue.

Otherwise your only other option is a surgical procedure (HT), but even then there's no guarantee that in the long run it will hold up because as long as your hairs continue to miniaturize then this is equivalent to kicking the can down the road. The best you can really hope for is to delay your MPB for as long as you can.

So long story short, this is your outlook: Take none of the proven preventative drugs and accept you will continue to bald OR get a hair transplant and accept you will continue to bald.

I think the sooner you accept and embrace that baldness will be a part of your, the easier it will be for you psychologically and mentally.

We're all in the same boat together, so best of luck.

Edited by Balding Bad
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Balding Bad said:

@Hairtroubles I think Curious25 has hit the nail on the head with his response. It's a bit blunt, but it's also the much needed truth.

I think you're hoping someone will chime in with a response touting a miracle drug/procedure that will regrow 100% of your hair with absolutely no side effects or potential negative short/long-term effects and the reality is that simply isn't going to happen.

You need to either accept that, medically, your only options are going to be Fin/Min or perhaps even Saw Palmetto (but even that has similar sides the Fin) and if you choose not to then it's almost a guarantee your hair loss/miniaturization will continue.

Otherwise your only other option is a surgical procedure (HT), but even then there's no guarantee that in the long run it will hold up because as long as your hairs continue to miniaturize then this is equivalent to kicking the can down the road. The best you can really hope for is to delay your MPB for as long as you can.

So long story short, this is your outlook: Take none of the proven preventative drugs and accept you will continue to bald OR get a hair transplant and accept you will continue to bald.

I think the sooner you accept and embrace that baldness will be a part of your, the easier it will be for you psychologically and mentally.

We're all in the same boat together, so best of luck.

Hey Balding Bad, 
Appreciate your message here.  Yeah, Curious25 was blunt, and I appreciate that, I know he is right, and I know you are right.  The thing is, you see a guy typing and going in circles, but you do not see the behind the scenes.  I'm writing this as I am watching the hair loss clinic on Discovery + for motivation.  I have tried things.  People don't realise, I tried Finasteride without researching any of the sides, and had a massive panic attack at work feeling anxious as f**k.   I had no idea finasteride could do it, I just went to the belgravia center in London, got my Fin, took it, and had an anxiety attack 2 weeks later (never had one before).  Then I researched Fin, didn't like what I saw, did not want to touch it again.  Okay, so Fin is a no.

I then paid GBP 200.00 to go to a reputable Trichologist in the UK who works with Dr. Ball.  She put me on Liquid Minoxidil.  Cool, I took it for a month, every day, consistently - I kept getting heart palpitations, I even tried to push through them, I got prescribed Propronalol to compensate, it was too much.  Had to stop.  Okay, so minoxidil messed me up too.

Here I am, I do NOT accept not trying, people think I do not want to try things and it absolutely drives me crazy. I do. We can go around and round in cricles, but theres no point, I want to find a solution.  My options and potential plans that I want your thoughts on is:

- Foam Minoxidil? I hear Heart palpitations occur less on it?  The questions I have is, Monoxidil, it's for life, is it worth it, maybe getting some stories about people and their minoxidil use could give me some motivation?

- Hair transplant - not doing anything and getting a hair transplant is something I am thinking about it, waiting for the hair loss to stabilise.

I am going to go to a dermatologist soon hopefully, and take a blood test to see the results. I do want to be active and think of a solution. No matter what you guys say or believe.

41 minutes ago, Hairtroubles said:

Hey Balding Bad, 
Appreciate your message here.  Yeah, Curious25 was blunt, and I appreciate that, I know he is right, and I know you are right.  The thing is, you see a guy typing and going in circles, but you do not see the behind the scenes.  I'm writing this as I am watching the hair loss clinic on Discovery + for motivation.  I have tried things.  People don't realise, I tried Finasteride without researching any of the sides, and had a massive panic attack at work feeling anxious as f**k.   I had no idea finasteride could do it, I just went to the belgravia center in London, got my Fin, took it, and had an anxiety attack 2 weeks later (never had one before).  Then I researched Fin, didn't like what I saw, did not want to touch it again.  Okay, so Fin is a no.

I then paid GBP 200.00 to go to a reputable Trichologist in the UK who works with Dr. Ball.  She put me on Liquid Minoxidil.  Cool, I took it for a month, every day, consistently - I kept getting heart palpitations, I even tried to push through them, I got prescribed Propronalol to compensate, it was too much.  Had to stop.  Okay, so minoxidil messed me up too.

Here I am, I do NOT accept not trying, people think I do not want to try things and it absolutely drives me crazy. I do. We can go around and round in cricles, but theres no point, I want to find a solution.  My options and potential plans that I want your thoughts on is:

- Foam Minoxidil? I hear Heart palpitations occur less on it?  The questions I have is, Monoxidil, it's for life, is it worth it, maybe getting some stories about people and their minoxidil use could give me some motivation?

- Hair transplant - not doing anything and getting a hair transplant is something I am thinking about it, waiting for the hair loss to stabilise.

I am going to go to a dermatologist soon hopefully, and take a blood test to see the results. I do want to be active and think of a solution. No matter what you guys say or believe.

Yes, we're encouraging you to get on Fin again...but AT A LOWER DOSE/FREQUENCY. I really do think it's worth a shot before swearing it off completely.

Moreover, as some have suggested, it's quite possible the sides are psychosomatic. Perhaps if you go into it again every other day (3x a week) and have positive thoughts about your hair regrowing then you'll have a better experience.

The reality is Fin is the only effective non-surgical treatment against the fight in hair loss. You should try altering your perspective and view Fin as an ally and not an enemy.

The decision is ultimately yours, but please speak to your dermatologist about the idea of taking Fin at a lower dose/frequency given your prior experience and see what the derm has to say.

Good luck brotha!