Has anyone decided to go the hair transplant route without taking Fin or Min, do you have any pictures and advice?

I had my HT at Eugenix almost 8 months back and I am not on Fin. I did try Fin 2 times with a gap of 2 years between each attempt and I got sexual sides each time. These sides lasted for about a week the first time and then for a month the second time. I was so scared the second time around since I didn't expect it to last that long.

I am applying Minoxidil though twice a day and it seems to be holding my native hair pretty good. I am going to ride out Minoxidil till it's effects start to wane and maybe add dermarolling after that. If all this fails, I might give Fin one last shot or else get another HT.

17 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

I get that, but bro, how can Fin be an Ally when I read posts of people unable to have their dick functioning again.  It's just hard to ignore.

It’s ally bro

4D875880-0F60-4693-BBD6-7728833264D2.thumb.jpeg.7b2e35ff8c95962ac00321468479588b.jpeg

only a little over 5 months apart along with a little over 4 months of minoxidil, top looks better in not as harsh downlighting, but I wanted these before and after to be exact same spot.

like you, I was very apprehensive to take it for years. Actually unlike you, I never even tried it before my hair loss got real bad because of the shit I read online. My first time trying it was 5.5 months ago, 1 mg/day. After countless hours researching it, speaking to my doctor, I came to the factual conclusion that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of men do not experience sexual side effects from it. You need to make a calculated decision in your head here, do the extremely unlikely incidences of ED outweigh the (from what I am reading by your posts, likely) mental health decline from continuing to lose hair? Only you can decide that. Try 1mg 3x a week or 0.5/day if you like, but as others have said, doing a HT in your case and age with no preventative hair loss measures is just asking to be even less happy in the future than you are now. I went in at 1 mg/day and, like most men who take it, my dick works 100% fine. I can show you people online saying that Tylenol ruined them too, doesn’t mean you should never take it if your head hurts. Best of luck my friend.

30288A2F-4BF4-4ECF-A3B4-CFD32FAC782A.thumb.jpeg.3f7dd86fc8f6da16a4e590b5430b17ce.jpegABBF8734-E1A8-484C-A412-6B249C7D2C38.thumb.jpeg.9968a850af5a0f14158e5837f0e0522f.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed profanity
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

@SavemyhairlineI have to agree. The people who have no side effects generally wouldn't seek out a hair loss forum as they would simply just be happy from if they gain good results with no side effects. However people who do get side effects are far more likely to seek out a hair loss forum to find out what they can do, etc?? I myself had side effects after a few months on 1mg per day of finasteride and my libido just died. I took a break and ten days later I was more toey than a March hare! About four months ago I restarted finasteride again only this time on a micro dose of 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have since increased Friday to 1mg and today I have decided to increase Monday to 1mg. I'll sit on this for a month or two and then I will increase Wednesday's dose to 1mg and see how I go in terms of my crown and donor quality (assuming I don't develop side effects).

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@SavemyhairlineI have to agree. The people who have no side effects generally wouldn't seek out a hair loss forum as they would simply just be happy from if they gain good results with no side effects. However people who do get side effects are far more likely to seek out a hair loss forum to find out what they can do, etc?? I myself had side effects after a few months on 1mg per day of finasteride and my libido just died. I took a break and ten days later I was more toey than a March hare! About four months ago I restarted finasteride again only this time on a micro dose of 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have since increased Friday to 1mg and today I have decided to increase Monday to 1mg. I'll sit on this for a month or two and then I will increase Wednesday's dose to 1mg and see how I go in terms of my crown and donor quality (assuming I don't develop side effects).

100%. Op, If you are among the few that have issues lower dose as needed or discontinue. I’m OCD so I sought out multiple hair loss forums before deciding to take fin, thankfully I didn’t nocebo myself. Actually after speaking to multiple doctors and looking at studies, I was very confident I would not get side effects when I started so nocebo wasn’t a thing. Maybe talk to your GP or other doctors you deem reputable and decide. Talking to guys in the minority on a hair loss forum probably isn’t your best course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

100%. Op, If you are among the few that have issues lower dose as needed or discontinue. I’m OCD so I sought out multiple hair loss forums before deciding to take fin, thankfully I didn’t nocebo myself. Actually after speaking to multiple doctors and looking at studies, I was very confident I would not get side effects when I started so nocebo wasn’t a thing. Maybe talk to your GP or other doctors you deem reputable and decide. Talking to guys in the minority on a hair loss forum probably isn’t your best course.

Appreciate this bro.  I really do, I think if I was going to do it, I would do 0.50 every other day, or 0.25mg a day?

I am thinking of booking in a Dermatologist to have a look at my hair and all of that.  Its just so expensive, 400 pounds to see a dermatologist and insurance doesn't even cover it, I just feel like I am throwing my money away.

Just the fact Fin changes your hormones and some people say they get super depressed on it and so forth scares the shit out of me.

12 hours ago, Mggm said:

I had my HT at Eugenix almost 8 months back and I am not on Fin. I did try Fin 2 times with a gap of 2 years between each attempt and I got sexual sides each time. These sides lasted for about a week the first time and then for a month the second time. I was so scared the second time around since I didn't expect it to last that long.

I am applying Minoxidil though twice a day and it seems to be holding my native hair pretty good. I am going to ride out Minoxidil till it's effects start to wane and maybe add dermarolling after that. If all this fails, I might give Fin one last shot or else get another HT.

Thanks for your input bro, doesn't that scare you, the fact sides from Fin lasted a month, that shit is no joke.  A month.   And you want to try it again, ive read countless posts of people saying they tried fin again after ED and lowered it and now two years on they cant get a boner, no joke, I have read post after posts about that.  It just scares me.

Just curious, does anyone know about the new hair loss treatments and when they will be coming out?

Whats your expeirences with Min so far?  I see this ages people/dark circles?

1 hour ago, Hairtroubles said:

Thanks for your input bro, doesn't that scare you, the fact sides from Fin lasted a month, that shit is no joke.  A month.   And you want to try it again, ive read countless posts of people saying they tried fin again after ED and lowered it and now two years on they cant get a boner, no joke, I have read post after posts about that.  It just scares me.

Just curious, does anyone know about the new hair loss treatments and when they will be coming out?

Whats your expeirences with Min so far?  I see this ages people/dark circles?

What's worrying is the sides seem to last longer every time you try it. I did not workout at that time and my test levels were also low ~300ng/dl. After cleaning up my diet and working out, my levels are much higher now ~ 650. I might be wrong but this might be the reason why the ones who are on gear are not affected by this. With all this said, Fin will still be my last shot and I will give topical fin a try this time around.

No sides on Min. I am also using Keto shampoo. I did have dark circles before Min due to lack of sleep, so I am not sure if Min had any effect. I am not apply anything on my face for beard. So, I may not have experienced any aging because of this. 

If you are balding, I highly recommend Fin or Min at the very least because I made this mistake when I was NW1 and I did not follow any protocol for 5 years. This made me go to a NW3 and eventually a hair transplant. 

• Moderators

You could try microneedling/dermarolling if you want to try something that is non medical.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:17 PM, Mggm said:

What's worrying is the sides seem to last longer every time you try it. I did not workout at that time and my test levels were also low ~300ng/dl. After cleaning up my diet and working out, my levels are much higher now ~ 650. I might be wrong but this might be the reason why the ones who are on gear are not affected by this. With all this said, Fin will still be my last shot and I will give topical fin a try this time around.

No sides on Min. I am also using Keto shampoo. I did have dark circles before Min due to lack of sleep, so I am not sure if Min had any effect. I am not apply anything on my face for beard. So, I may not have experienced any aging because of this. 

If you are balding, I highly recommend Fin or Min at the very least because I made this mistake when I was NW1 and I did not follow any protocol for 5 years. This made me go to a NW3 and eventually a hair transplant. 

Yeah that is worrying.  Bro, I cant lie, I would love to try Fin it just seems so scary, like its a synthetic drug that shouldn't be in the body.  That's the thing that terrifies me.  Chemically put together.

Do you have before and after pics of your eyes on Min?  Keto shampoo I presume is nizoral?

7 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

Yeah that is worrying.  Bro, I cant lie, I would love to try Fin it just seems so scary, like its a synthetic drug that shouldn't be in the body.  That's the thing that terrifies me.  Chemically put together.

Do you have before and after pics of your eyes on Min?  Keto shampoo I presume is nizoral?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pre or post pics but I am fairly sure Minoxidil side effects, if any, last only as long as you use it and you can rebound back to normal quickly if you stop using it.  Yes, I use Keto 2% which is Nizoral and is a very mild DHT blocker.

Get your blood work done and make sure your hormone levels are intact if you ever decide to jump on Fin.

7 hours ago, Hairtroubles said:

I am going to try this, but I am not sure if this is going to do anything alone.  Does it?

There were some studies on dermarolling alone and surprisingly, it's effects seem to be on par with Min. Ofcourse, the results are far superior if you add Min to the equation.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 5:16 AM, Mggm said:

There were some studies on dermarolling alone and surprisingly, it's effects seem to be on par with Min. Ofcourse, the results are far superior if you add Min to the equation.

Hey man, funny you say this, I willl look to use Minoxidil and Derma rolling in the new year.  I bought a Dr. Pen.

I will not touch Fin at all.  I cannot risk it.  It looks terrifying man.