Thinking of a hair transplant Turkey?

Hi guys, 

I’m 31 and I’m a Norwood 5 going on 6, I’ve started finasteride and minoxidil today to see if it makes a difference as I’ll be looking to do a hair transplant next summer. I’ve messaged various clinics from what I’ve researched to see what it would cost and how many grafts I’d need. All of these clinics say they can only cover the front and middle area as my crown is advanced and my donor area isn’t enough to cover the crown 

In no particular order

Cosmedica

3000-3500 grafts

Gold package £1480

DHI Package £2080

Pekiner

Recommends 6 months medication then assess before any surgery

Need 3/4000 to 5000 grafts for front at 2.5euro per graft 

HLC

2.5euro per graft

4000-4500 grafts

2nd surgery for crown area 6-12months later 

Transmed - Melike Kulahçi 

3000-3200 grafts 

2800 euro

İlhan Serdaroğlu

3500-3800 grafts 

3500 euro

Dr. Cinik

3500-4000 grafts

2200 euro

Ekrem Civas

3200 grafts

3200 euro

Vertex/Dr.Barghouthi

3500-4000 grafts

$3 first 1000 grafts-$2.5 for the rest

Tayfun Oguzoglu

2800 grafts max from donor 

1200 grafts beard and chest 

P2 package 2800euro

Eugenix

5000 grafts 3500 scalp and 1500 beard 

HDC 

3500 grafts

2.5euro

Serkan Aygin

4200 grafts- beard + back of head 

£1990

AEK

2600 euro 

grafts?

Waiting on the following to get back to me

Hair of Istanbul

Asmed - Koray Erdogan

Ozlem Bicer

Dr.Mwamba

Dr.Bis anga

Dr.Lorenzo

AEK

Vera clinic  

Out of this list which would you recommend or is there anyone else I should message? Thanks  

75C3A4BE-C0FC-4720-AEDB-E1612D0C35B4.jpeg

0F43CB97-5BA5-49A9-8F13-8D871BD45CC5.jpeg

Edited by 1needhair
Added HDC AEK VERTEX eugenix

3 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

It’s hard to tell which is a hair mill as not many mention it in reviews 

HLC, Pekiner, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Mwamba and Bicer are the ones to choose from. The others are low cost hair mills. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HLC, Pekiner, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Mwamba and Bicer are the ones to choose from. The others are low cost hair mills. 

Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Have you also considered HDC ? @Doron Haratiis the rep. Vertex @DrTBarghouthi is another excellent choice for higher Norwoods. Normally I would say Eugenix but travel is going to be a issue for quite some time. 

I’ve not heard or come across either of them, I will look into both of them now. Thank you 

• Like 1

• Administrators

You have completely different clinics. Bicer, Mwamba, Bisanga all do the work themselves, most of the other clinics mentioned have technicians do everything. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Your Norwood pattern shows it would become a 7. Your crown has already dipped. However with meds you could retain the scalp hair you still have.

How Is you beard ? Could be another valuable source 👌 

My beard isn’t great to be honest, it is patchy in places.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You have completely different clinics. Bicer, Mwamba, Bisanga all do the work themselves, most of the other clinics mentioned have technicians do everything. 

Thank you. I’ve also messaged Vertex/Dr.Barghouthi and HDC 

Be good to see the complete donor from side profiles also as we do not harvest just from the occipital, although that said many do to be fair. Your rear occipital area is not the strongest and is dipping and for 31 this is aggressive loss. Good you are on medication and really good to see firstly how well you tolerate them and secondly if you stabilise loss or get growth. 

Your lateral humps can dip from the top shot and this usually is in synergy with crown loss also going lower, so need to keep all this in mind and see how meds go because you do not want to become unattached in the event of losing more hair post surgery.

As said we are a very different setup to some of the clinics mentioned in approach and who does what, so it depends on really what factors are important for you. 

In any event I would go with a VERY conservative approach to keep in mind future loss potential and donor limitations and that you have have if as they said 3500/4000 at approx, so will you be happy with this as an outcome. Get the clinics to draw the designs as to what you can expect from the surgery so that you can have an idea of what you will get and try to see similar cases and meet patients also for the clinic you choose to go to. 

If you can also travel to meet the doctor and clinic then you would benefit from a real empirical donor assessment  on density, miniaturisation, FU groupings etc so there is then less guess work on long term what can be achieved.

In any event, all the best in your research and hope you get what you are hoping to achieve and well done on researching and asking forums also. 

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 19.22.27.png

Edited by sl
  • Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

13 hours ago, sl said:

Be good to see the complete donor from side profiles also as we do not harvest just from the occipital, although that said many do to be fair. Your rear occipital area is not the strongest and is dipping and for 31 this is aggressive loss. Good you are on medication and really good to see firstly how well you tolerate them and secondly if you stabilise loss or get growth. 

Your lateral humps can dip from the top shot and this usually is in synergy with crown loss also going lower, so need to keep all this in mind and see how meds go because you do not want to become unattached in the event of losing more hair post surgery.

As said we are a very different setup to some of the clinics mentioned in approach and who does what, so it depends on really what factors are important for you. 

In any event I would go with a VERY conservative approach to keep in mind future loss potential and donor limitations and that you have have if as they said 3500/4000 at approx, so will you be happy with this as an outcome. Get the clinics to draw the designs as to what you can expect from the surgery so that you can have an idea of what you will get and try to see similar cases and meet patients also for the clinic you choose to go to. 

If you can also travel to meet the doctor and clinic then you would benefit from a real empirical donor assessment  on density, miniaturisation, FU groupings etc so there is then less guess work on long term what can be achieved.

In any event, all the best in your research and hope you get what you are hoping to achieve and well done on researching and asking forums also. 

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 19.22.27.png

Thanks! My dad and grandad both are a Norwood 7 so I will eventually end up the same. My standard hair cut is a 0 back and sides and I leave the top as it is because I can’t deal with a bald/shaven look, I’ve tried it twice and it isn’t for me.
If my front and middle area is covered decently then I’d be happy I think. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

To be honest I wouldn't consider a hair transplant if your goals are unrealistic. You need to trial a 5HT inhibitor for at least 6 months (but preferably longer as it can take up to two years to see the full benefits). I would wait and look at Eugenix and augment your donor supply with beard grafts if they deem your beard suitable to provide the necessary amount. Your hair all over will continue to minitaurise over the coming years so it's important that you can tolerate and stay on a drug like finasteride. All the best.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

To be honest I wouldn't consider a hair transplant if your goals are unrealistic. You need to trial a 5HT inhibitor for at least 6 months (but preferably longer as it can take up to two years to see the full benefits). I would wait and look at Eugenix and augment your donor supply with beard grafts if they deem your beard suitable to provide the necessary amount. Your hair all over will continue to minitaurise over the coming years so it's important that you can tolerate and stay on a drug like finasteride. All the best.

I don’t plan on booking anything till next year as I want to see if the medication helps. I’ll message eugenix to see what they make of it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1needhair said:

I don’t plan on booking anything till next year as I want to see if the medication helps. I’ll message eugenix to see what they make of it 

Eugenix would be a excellent option. Especially if your Beard can be used for a additional source of grafts. Even another 1000 grafts would be very helpful.

@Abhinay Singhis the Eugenix rep here on the forum, or you can use:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/India/Arika-Bansal/688

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/India/Pradeep-Sethi/687

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 3

Yours is a rather difficult starting situation, I agree with @JohnAC71, run away from Turkish hair mills, the ones that offer you “all inclusive”  and who say that you will have a great result and that they will issue you a certificate of guarantee for the next 10 years, all bullshit, entrusted to a specialized clinic in Norwood high, do not get attracted by the low costs, you may regret it for the rest of your life.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Egy said:

Yours is a rather difficult starting situation, I agree with @JohnAC71, run away from Turkish hair mills, the ones that offer you “all inclusive”  and who say that you will have a great result and that they will issue you a certificate of guarantee for the next 10 years, all bullshit, entrusted to a specialized clinic in Norwood high, do not get attracted by the low costs, you may regret it for the rest of your life.

From the conversations I’ve had Cosmedica/Dr Acar, Pekiner and Bicer are the only ones I think I’d consider in Turkey. I need to check if any of those are hair mills though. 

Is Vertex, HDC and Eugenix the only ones to look at for higher Norwoods?

Out of those names Cosmedica is a hair mill. Pekiner is not really a go too person for the higher Norwoods. So that leaves Dr Bicer being the only really viable option. Eugenix is pretty much the best choice though. As they seem to excel in these cases. Just check out @Zoomsterresults for example.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

I need to check if any of those are hair mills though. 

I'll tell you: Cosmedica is a hair mill, Acar was a business partner with Cinik, before the latter started his own business, but the modus operandi of the two is the same.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 12:05 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

According to all I've read, it's mostly docs who work on your head at HLC with some technician assistance.

@1needhair When did HLC quote you 2.5 euro per graft? According to the costs section on their site they are now at 2.7

Edited by SD1984

17 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You need to trial a 5HT inhibitor for at least 6 months (but preferably longer as it can take up to two years to see the full benefits). 

Am I the only one who thinks Finasteride isn't completely necessary for this guy? He has virtually no hair left on his head to begin with. I get how some docs (i.e. Pekiner) are just super conservative and want to try all they can to save whatever they can, but to me, going on Finasteride isn't exactly a small thing imo. It's medication basically forever. If this were 10 years ago and the guy was still NW3 or so, entirely different situation.

P.S. to the OP, I can almost guarantee you that anything more than 5000 grafts in that donor will be too much. Be careful and cautious with how many grafts you give up.

Edited by ML488