Thinking of a hair transplant Turkey?

8 hours ago, SD1984 said:

According to all I've read, it's mostly docs who work on your head at HLC with some technician assistance.

@1needhair When did HLC quote you 2.5 euro per graft? According to the costs section on their site they are now at 2.7

2.5 euro if they choose the dates 

8 hours ago, ML488 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Finasteride isn't completely necessary for this guy? He has virtually no hair left on his head to begin with. I get how some docs (i.e. Pekiner) are just super conservative and want to try all they can to save whatever they can, but to me, going on Finasteride isn't exactly a small thing imo. It's medication basically forever. If this were 10 years ago and the guy was still NW3 or so, entirely different situation.

P.S. to the OP, I can almost guarantee you that anything more than 5000 grafts in that donor will be too much. Be careful and cautious with how many grafts you give up.

Every clinic has said finasteride is needed after surgery, going on it now should save whatever is left on top hopefully 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GUCCI said:

HLC said you about 4000-4500 for which part? only front ?

about 4000-4500 Grafts for the hairline. With this amount, we can rebuild the hairline and close the temples. We will also give to the front half area more density.”

They said I’ll need a 2nd surgery for the crown 6-12 months later but the scalp donor area will not be enough and body/beard hair will be needed 

3 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

about 4000-4500 Grafts for the hairline. With this amount, we can rebuild the hairline and close the temples. We will also give to the front half area more density.”

They said I’ll need a 2nd surgery for the crown 6-12 months later but the scalp donor area will not be enough and body/beard hair will be needed 

ask them how many grafts will remain in my donor if i put 4000-4500 grafts for front part now? How many beard grafts can they extract?

Edited by GUCCI
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ML488 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Finasteride isn't completely necessary for this guy? He has virtually no hair left on his head to begin with.

If he indeed only has 5,000 grafts in reserve then maintaining the bridge and lateral humps are crucially important.    As a NW6 myself I know that only having 5,000 lifetime grafts would have left me very unsatisfied.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

No way you can safely take more than 5000 from him IMO, and yes the humps are crucial. Any ethical surgeon who looks at his advanced hair loss should always leave some room for the possibility that the humps drop later in life.

• Valued Contributor
On 6/13/2021 at 11:50 AM, ML488 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Finasteride isn't completely necessary for this guy? He has virtually no hair left on his head to begin with. I get how some docs (i.e. Pekiner) are just super conservative and want to try all they can to save whatever they can, but to me, going on Finasteride isn't exactly a small thing imo. It's medication basically forever. If this were 10 years ago and the guy was still NW3 or so, entirely different situation.

P.S. to the OP, I can almost guarantee you that anything more than 5000 grafts in that donor will be too much. Be careful and cautious with how many grafts you give up.

Without Finasteride, etc, the lateral humps will drop, the thin frontal tuft will disappear and the bottom of the crown will dip. The donor area over all will miniaturize over the lifespan (so that includes the recipient area).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ML488 said:

4000-4500 just for the hairline!??? No way. They must have meant frontal third and some midscalp.

Your donor capacity is prob no more than 5000 as it is.

HLC weren’t very clear in the email because in the pricing they’ve included bodygrafts. All the other clinics upto 4000 from scalp donor, Eugenix 3500 scalp and 1500 from beard 

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

HLC weren’t very clear in the email because in the pricing they’ve included bodygrafts. All the other clinics upto 4000 from scalp donor, Eugenix 3500 scalp and 1500 from beard 

I would seriously stick with Eugenix's advice with this. They don't recommend body grafts (chest, etc) for good reasons.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Without Finasteride, etc, the lateral humps will drop, the thin frontal tuft will disappear and the bottom of the crown will dip. The donor area over all will miniaturize over the lifespan (so that includes the recipient area).

In his case Bc of such drastic loss at a young age, I agree. Extremely high chance of the rare donor thinning, as well as hump drops.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:43 AM, GUCCI said:

ask them how many grafts will remain in my donor if i put 4000-4500 grafts for front part now? How many beard grafts can they extract?

They need to analyse donor area when I’m on site and after the examination they can tell me how many reserves I have left. For beard they can extract 1000

I’ve updated the list on page 1, Mwamba and Lorenzo have been in touch so I will update the list later this week once they get back to me. 

This is from HDC. I don’t think I’d be happy with that to be honest.. maybe have the hair line slightly higher up so more can be covered at the back?

409D0C00-5A59-454D-9C1C-FE022D225864.jpeg

Edited by 1needhair

27 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

I’ve updated the list on page 1, Mwamba and Lorenzo have been in touch so I will update the list later this week once they get back to me. 

This is from HDC. I don’t think I’d be happy with that to be honest.. maybe have the hair line slightly higher up so more can be covered at the back?

Was HDC proposing a 2 stage plan with the above ? 

1 hour ago, 1needhair said:

What about the plan of HDC for the crown? did they say anything or they just focus on front part? 

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

44 minutes ago, GUCCI said:

What about the plan of HDC for the crown? did they say anything or they just focus on front part? 

Surgery is to take place over 2 days but nothing is mentioned about a 2nd surgery later on. He did say this 

Also we should not go over the top and put too much hair in case you have further hair loss in the future”

I forgot to mention, my dad and grandad both are a Norwood 7. I think I’m a Norwood 5/6 currently 

7 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

Surgery is to take place over 2 days but nothing is mentioned about a 2nd surgery later on. He did say this 

Also we should not go over the top and put too much hair in case you have further hair loss in the future”

I forgot to mention, my dad and grandad both are a Norwood 7. I think I’m a Norwood 5/6 currently 

You can ask them about the crown if they can cover it as well with your remaining grafts on your donor.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, GUCCI said:

You can ask them about the crown if they can cover it as well with your remaining grafts on your donor.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:11 PM, JohnAC71 said:

HDC can do the crown in a 2nd procedure 9 months later but doesn’t look like they can cover it fully 

8F045735-15F1-4CB6-A068-FB6BB80CA106.jpeg

Edited by 1needhair

38 minutes ago, 1needhair said:

After speaking to Eugenix for the last few days I think they are my preferred clinic. Their results are amazing. I just need to decide on a package and dates 

Excellent choice. I know the travel is a difficult situation but they really are worth waiting for 🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1needhair said:

After speaking to Eugenix for the last few days I think they are my preferred clinic. Their results are amazing. I just need to decide on a package and dates 

what's eugenix hair sciences plan about your case? also how much do they charge per graft?

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Excellent choice. I know the travel is a difficult situation but they really are worth waiting for 🙏

1 hour ago, Egy said:

Excellent choice, for the moment it is not advisable to go to India, but as soon as the situation returns to normal you should take a ticket to fly there.

Yes I’ll be waiting for the restrictions to ease before booking. Anyone on this forum booked the comprehensive package?