Hello everyone, 

I am looking for your suggestions and recommendations for choosing a place for a HT

I have been actively researching in different forums and been taking consultation from various clinic. Honestly, the more I research the more confused and indecisive I get. So I would greatly appreciate if you could pitch in your thoughts.

Information about me:

currently not on min or fin, but planning to start after the procedure.

budget ~ 2,000€ (max 2,300)

Offers I Have received from clinics.

1. Dr. Cinik- 4,000+ grafts; 2,090€(Fue)/ 2,340€ (sapphire fue); Consultation with doctor, Tech will do the entire procedure.

2. Cosmedica (Dr. Acar)- 4500+ grafts; 2,100€ (2,800 if more than 4500 graft is required because that will require mega session); Consultation with doctor, Tech will do the entire procedure.

3. Fuecap (Dr. Turan)- Denied, suggested it's too early for a HT, and recommend I take Fin and Min for 6-8 months to strengthen miniaturized hair and then they can revisit my case.

4. Dr Biçer- 3,000 grafts (although you need more than 4000 grafts. Because you are 26 and you have high risk to lose your current hair related with hormones. If that happens, you will need another sessions in the future. She wants to protect your donor area for the future and she wants to stop around 3000); 1.5 €/ grafts = 4,500€ + 350€ (hotel and transfer). Doctor will do most of the procedure.

5. Dr. Resul Yaman- 4,500 grafts; 2350$ (sapphire fue) / 3250$ (DHI); Doctor will do the incision, tech will do extraction and implantation. 

6. Suzermed/Dr. Fatih Oztürk (through Qunomed)- 3,500-4,000 grafts; €1,850 (Fue); Doctor will do the incision, tech will do extraction and implantation. 

7. Dr. Ziya Yavuz (through Qunomed)- 3,500-4,000grafts; €1,810 (Fue); Doctor will do the incision, tech will do extraction and implantation. 

8. Smile Hair Clinic (through Qunomed)- €1,640(Fue); Consultation with doctor, Tech will do the entire procedure.

9. E&S Tetik: 4,000-4,500 grafts; €2,000 (DHI); Nurses will do the entire procedure. 

10. Asmed/ Dr. Erdogan: 5,000 grafts; € 7,500(Tech) / €9,500 (tech+doc)/ €12,500(Doc).

My thoughts,

Fuecap was my first choice, but unfortunately they refused to do it. 

Dr. Resul Yaman quoted quite low (surprisingly) but I read quite a few bad reviews and not satisfied by his results. Same goes for Dr. Yavuz and Smile Hair clinic.

Couldn't find much about suzermed/ Dr.Fatih ozturk

Dr. Erdogan & Dr. Biçer are out of my budget.

I am leaning towards Cinik/ Cosmedica based on the results on this and other forums, but since they are hairmill it could be a hit or miss, as I do not know which tech team will perform the surgery. (unfortunately beggers can't be choosers). 

I am also considering E&S tetik, they are 2 nurses who do most of the job and are not a Hair mill (does 3 patient per week), They are also pretty popular in the Turkish hair transplant forum.

Please let me know if you any other clinic recommendations or suggestions.

20210521_204846.jpg

20210517_010842.jpg

20210517_010148.jpg

20210521_204914.jpg

• Administrators

Forget about a HT if 2,000 is your budget. You need at least 5,000 grafts. Which will cost at least 5k at an affordable clinic. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What's the point of starting fin *after* your transplant?

Get started on that now, especially with how limited your budget is... You need as much coverage as possible for as little money as possible. You should be aiming to keep as much hair as possible and you should be aiming to limit the number of grafts that you need

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

What's the point of starting fin *after* your transplant?

Get started on that now, especially with how limited your budget is... You need as much coverage as possible for as little money as possible. You should be aiming to keep as much hair as possible and you should be aiming to limit the number of grafts that you need

Agreed. Op has a lot of hair to retain still. With such a high loss you really should consider starting Fin sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

Please don’t rush into surgery. It may end up in a big regret (it kind of is for me). I highly recommend you stick to a clinic where the doctor does most of the work and is not juggling multiple patients per day. Also, don’t let price be the only deciding factor; save up for several years if you have to.

• Like 6

I agree with the members who have written above, especially with @5BetaReductase, advising you to save a little and then eventually pull the trigger, most of the clinics you mentioned are hair mills, if you want to play Russian Roulette then take one  among them, but you may regret it for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

My thoughts,

Fuecap was my first choice, but unfortunately they refused to do it. 

If someone has given you this advice that often is GOLD. Not everyone is a hair transplant candidate. If you are working towards a budget then you are not a hair transplant candidate. You need to be having consultations with clinics that put out consistently great work on a regular basis in high Norwood patients. Also you need to be on finasteride NOW. You need to be on the drug for sometime to know if you can tolerate it. Without a 5HT blocker I personally wouldn't go ahead with it. You may disagree with me but if you have a cheap hair transplant without stabilizing your hair loss you may regret ever having gone down this path. Keep researching and all the best. You've done well already by not pulling the trigger which many others (like myself) have done.

• Like 3

Honest advice. Delay your surgery by few years, as you are heading towards a complete stage 6 if not more. You will need finasteride until then. This gives you time to budget higher and gives you more options of clinics to go to. Don't mess it up too soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Honest advice. Delay your surgery by few years, as you are heading towards a complete stage 6 if not more. You will need finasteride until then. This gives you time to budget higher and gives you more options of clinics to go to. Don't mess it up too soon. 

Sage advice!

Yeah, you have an advanced level of hair loss for 26 years of age. As mentioned, you are likely to lose a lot more, which is why a transplant is not a good idea right now. Most will agree to get on finasteride for at least 1 year to determine how stable your native hair can be. If it does stabilize, then most clinics might consider your case.

I definitely agree on the budget issue. I would consider a plan that includes two procedures. Something like this...

2021: 12 months of finasteride and minoxidil
2022: First transplant for hairline and mid-scalp
2023: Second transplant for crown and any hairline touchups

I know you don't want to do this, but really, this isn't something you want to get wrong. :)

• Like 1

Keep saving.  Your current budget will only lead to dissatisfaction, especially with your level of loss. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

You have great looking hair and a healthy looking donor! In the right hands you will be able to get a really great looking result - save up until you can afford to choose a fantastic clinic, and your patience will be rewarded! 

In the mean time, read up, research and consult with doctors on the medication options you have available, that may help you retain the hair you currently have up top. 

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, denndeko said:

SPAM

Denndeko. Nothing beats an in person consultation where a surgeon can examine your hair 'in vivo' as opposed to a file? Medical history evolves and changes over time just like a potential patient's current hair loss and available donor changes over time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Denndeko. Nothing beats an in person consultation where a surgeon can examine your hair 'in vivo' as opposed to a file? Medical history evolves and changes over time just like a potential patient's current hair loss and available donor changes over time.

They posted just to spam the hyperlink they included.reported. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes, these spammers think by answering the question and covertly placing a hyperlink they are fooling somebody, but they are not. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

28 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, these spammers think by answering the question and covertly placing a hyperlink they are fooling somebody, but they are not. 

Gotta get up pretty early to get one past me.. 🤣 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I'm 43 and currently considering a hair transplany. I was thinking about it 10 years ago but most of the results I found back then was not interesting and I was not in a situation where finaces was stable as now.

5 years ago I just shaved my head and is completely ok with it.

In my case I have a weak donor but your donor looks like it can sustain several ops. + you are still young and at that age appearance its so much more important why I do not agree entirely with previous posts. As long as you have realistic expectations and you are prepared that your hair loss could continue and you have a great plan on donor management go for it but do your research.

I get the feeling I'm in your situation now with researching a good doctor which is super tough.

Please update on what decisions you made.