Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

• Administrators

Wow this is absolutely next level, can you attach pictures of your donor. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Hugo thanks for sharing those pictures, looking good. 

What made you want to go for another surgery after your last results? It looked like you had very good coverage and could almost pass as a full head of hair. 

Im guessing because of what he’s just posted from immediately post op after surgery number 2 . . Looks incredibly good full coverage for 10,000 grafts . . The guys going to have an amazing outcome with all that up top now! 

Unbelievable! 

Would equally be keen to see pics of donor and extraction pattern! 

• Like 1

Hi guys, 

Back home now and after some rest, here is some update. 

Summary of first surgery that was done beginning of January 2021, 7070 grafts ( I thought it was 7000) and now 10 months after 3613 grafts. 

First some before pictures before all of this started as e reminder, followed by 10 months result after first procedure and post op pictures. 

After this procedure I should have approximately 1500 grafts left for the future according to Dr.Zarev. 

1633672005760.jpg

1633671920013.jpg

1633672674908.jpg

1635008210244.jpg

1635008340695.jpg

1635008415888.jpg

1635008528271.jpg

1635008575224.jpg

1635018376971.jpg

1635018411553.jpg

1635018457722.jpg

1635018521124.jpg

1635018547865.jpg

1635018598452.jpg

1635018608023.jpg

1635018660639.jpg

1635018702647.jpg

1635018744959.jpg

1635018787388.jpg

1635018839533.jpg

1635018904001.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 10/22/2021 at 1:16 AM, asterix0 said:

Hugo thanks for sharing those pictures, looking good. 

What made you want to go for another surgery after your last results? It looked like you had very good coverage and could almost pass as a full head of hair. 

I guess a little bit of hair greed, I would have been happy with what I achieved from first surgery if nothing else could be done, but as I had the opportunity to gain even a better result... Why not 🙂

• Like 2

You had a great result the first time, I'm sure this will look even better. Congratulations to you on taking leap and getting what you were looking for. Dr. Zarev seems like a great doc. Please post a pic of your donor in a few weeks once that area has had a chance to grow back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HugoX said:

I guess a little bit of hair greed, I would have been happy with what I achieved from first surgery if nothing else could be done, but as I had the opportunity to gain even a better result... Why not 🙂

Understandable, hair greed is tough indeed 😄.

To me it's just thinking, well your result is such a homerun, no need to swing again just enjoy that you won the game 🙂.

• Like 1

Utterly outstanding! Even your first round with him looks amazing buddy! Did he put more singles in your hairline? Can’t tell by the photo as his works super clean! Is he still operating out of the Galatea clinic? Awesome results buddy!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:02 PM, Woody1000 said:

Utterly outstanding! Even your first round with him looks amazing buddy! Did he put more singles in your hairline? Can’t tell by the photo as his works super clean! Is he still operating out of the Galatea clinic? Awesome results buddy!

I think a couple of singles were added, but most was behind hairline for definition and to build density all over. 

Yes, still at the Galatea clinic, but I got a sneek pre view of the new clinic that should be finished in January (if no more delays). 

Looked very nice and exclusive, going to be a nice clinic with views towards Sofia Mountains and also accommodation for 1-2 nights for the surgery days. 

Edited by HugoX

58 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Honestly cannot believe how awesome this transplant is! Do you find your back and sides have thinned out in your donor area when it’s grown through? 

Well obviously it's going to be thinner than before any of the transplants 😅, after the first 7000 grafts I barely noticed any difference from before (as you can see from before pictures before 2nd session). 

I am guessing it will be a bit more noticeable after this round compared to before first and before second sessions. 

We shall se after 4 months, but skin fades is not an option any more as it would be more noticeable. 

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Hugo, are you on a medical regime, and are you privy to your donor stats pre surgery in terms of density per cm2 ?

Thanks  

Just minoxidil with 0.1% Finasteride and some vitamins and shampoos. 

Donor stats I can't say I have (or remember) but I know we have taken approximately 60% of my donor. 

And recipient has an average of approximately 50 grafts/cm2 I believe , higher around hairline (around 55 grafts/cm2) and lesser cm2 other places. 

• Like 1

An absolute homogeneous extraction and implantation pattern. When this grows out it will be absolutely undectable that this patient had any hair loss. Simply amazing strategy and execution. This is true donor management and I believe Dr. Zarev is one of only a handful of surgeons that could achieve this result. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Administrators

You've completely skipped the ugly duckling phase fantastic 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This has to be the most amazing transplant I have ever seen.  Really making me consider him for my transplant when I will need one.  

I think the unique thing here is because the OP is effectively bald on top and since all of the grafts are essentially evenly distributed, the texture/quality of the hair is all donor hair so it makes it all look homogeneous.   

Is something like this even possible on diffuse thinners?  I guess Zarev would just transplant amongst the native hairs?

Edited by johnto
  • Like 1