Your Input is Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Arshad on our Community

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
Dear valued members, physicians, and visitors of our community, 

As you may know, we invite input from our patient-based community and our recommended physicians before we approve a physician for a recommendation. We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Arshad and his results and to post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer.

Dr. Arshad has a highly technical understanding of hair transplantation and has been producing awe-inspiring results, many of which have been posted by his patients on our discussion forum.

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation. As the community knows, this requires that he meet our community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistent and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to have the ability to serve not only quality dense-packed follicular unit grafting but also the capacity and staffing to perform extensive sessions, transplanting thousands of follicular units per day. 

Some clinics can produce good results, but very few have the experience and staff to perform consistent quality results with good growth. Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after their surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. 

Why we Feel Dr. Arshad is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Arshad graduated from Medical School at the University of Leeds (UK) in 2007. After completing higher surgical training in Otolaryngology, he became UK board certified as a Consultant Head & Neck Surgeon in the NHS. Dr. Arshad has undertaken an advanced national fellowship at the Oxford University Hospitals, including Plastic/Reconstructive surgery of the Head & Neck. Dr. Arshad is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS) and a Member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons (EAFPS). Dr. Arshad has extensive surgical experience in the NHS, with over 2000 successful head & neck operations performed.  

Dr. Arshad has a passion for hair restoration surgery and is highly-competent in FUT, FUE, BHT, eyebrow, and beard reconstruction. Dr. Arshad is skilled in double-layered trichophytic closure and scar revision. With his facial plastic surgery background, he can undertake complex reconstructive and repair cases with excellent results.  

Dr. Arshad has a full-time hair restoration practice – The Hair Dr. Clinic based out of Leeds/West Yorkshire (UK). Dr. Arshad is passionate about teaching/training and only works with technicians and doctors he has personally trained himself to ensure the highest standards are being met in his clinic.   

Dr. Arshad’s surgical protocol  

Dr. Arshad feels surgeons must perform hair restoration surgery and be involved in every critical step, so he is intimately involved throughout all the procedure stages. He devises the surgical plan, designs the hairline, performs all Follicular Unit Excisions and follicular unit strip harvest, and creates the recipient sites. Dr. Arshad has a strict protocol for careful implantation and has a large team of experienced technicians proficient in graft handling and implantation. This, coupled with Dr. Arshad’s experience in plastic surgery of the head and neck, allows him to handle tissues carefully and perform more extensive hair transplant sessions.  

The vast majority of Dr. Arshad’s patients undergo FUE surgery. Dr. Arshad’s team includes two associate surgeons, which he has trained himself, and a technician team of 10. Dr. Arshad’s team follows up with all their patients from the first seven days, at one month, and then every three months until 12 months. Dr. Arshad has an open lifetime follow-up policy for any patient he has operated on.  

Dr. Arshad’s preference is to use a 0.7mm to 0.85mm motorized punch. He emphasizes high magnification to ensure only single-haired follicular units are placed in the frontal hairline. Dr. Arshad personally checks and selects soft finer grafts for the hairline under a high-powered microscope. Dr. Arshad can obtain a densely packed result with 60 FU/CM2 dependent on the patient’s donor supply and hair characteristics and goals. Dr. Arshad can perform large mega sessions in a single day with his experienced and competent team. 

View Dr. Arshad's website HERE

Below are some examples of his work: 

Clinic Posted Results

Patient Posted Results

As always, we learn through collective wisdom. We appreciate all feedback and input.

Best wishes,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Thank you John,

I agree very reasonably priced and the work looks very good thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Anyone else want to provide some input?

View my thread

Being from the UK myself, I’ve had my eye on his threads for a while and have liked what I have seen so far.  

When did he first train in hair restoration surgery, which surgeon did he train under, and when did he first start solely focusing on hair restoration as his focal trade? 

Personally, at this moment I still wouldn’t place him on my shortlist of surgeons to choose from, simply due to the low volume of threads and posted results in comparison to other European surgeons that are close by who have years worth of experience and results posted online. 

That’s not to say I wouldn’t regard him as a good surgeon, because his results have been extremely impressive and I have been vocal on each of the threads to express my delight at seeing this type of work come out from the UK. 

I guess everyone has to start from somewhere, and if the results continue to stack up and maintain their consistency, I would for sure consider him as a great option, at a great price point also. 

Idk the criteria you guys go off in terms of the number of of patient results required for a recommendation, but if it’s a minimum of 5x or more - then he ticks the boxes for me. 

• Like 2

He absolutely deserves to be recommended on merit. He has been wonderful with me from start to finish. What I like the most is not just the effectiveness of the procedure and obvious aftercare but he is so transparent with people from the word go. I have heard him on occasion even say no to people where as others would just take the money and put up.

He is on the end of a call or message whenever and for what was a traumatic experience for me I cannot thank him and his team enough for making me so comfortable throughout. It is inevitable that he will end up on here so for me the sooner the better and the results speak for themselves, that’s a fact !

• Like 3

Dr Arshad definitely should be on the recommendation list in my opinion. He is an amazing surgeon who is very passionate in hair restoration with a great skill set to achieve such natural results. He is driven on achieving the best results for each individual client and is 100% transparent with each case, even saying the client dose not need a HT and to consider other treatments such as taking finasteride ect. When other clinics would go ahead with the HT because the client has requested one. He has also helped many who sadly had a bad HT experience and failed results. 

The staff in his clinic all do an amazing job to Dr Arshad's strict high standards. With a competitive price per graft too, the more people know of Dr Arshad and his clinic the better in my opinion.

• Like 2

It's a definite thumbs up from me! I can personally attest to the skill, professionalism, and aftercare of Dr Arshad. I had my fourth surgery with Dr Arshad, after having previous work with Dr De Reys and Dr Raghu Reddy, back in 2019 when Dr Arshad was just starting build his excellent reputation in hair restoration surgery. I was confident him in as soon as I met him, after hearing about his previous surgical training and philosophy regarding hair transplantation.

I could not have been looked after better during my surgery. Dr Arshad and his team were superb. Dr Arshad was very involved in my surgery too - unlike some surgeons. He after receiving the anaesthetic, he did lots of extractions (with his lead technician) and all of the incisions. He kept checking on my well-being throughout the day and that of his team. 

The aftercare I received was amazing. I received regular texts and calls from the clinic and Dr Arshad himself. Due to my previous surgeries, I had some issues with my donor area. Dr Arshad sent out some cream, which did the trick and kept monitoring how I was doing. This shows what type of doctor he his. He genuinely cares for all of his patients. 

Dr Arshad is more than worthy of being recommended on this website, in my opinion.  

• Like 3

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

• Administrators

Glad to hear from his past patients. That is certainly encouraging to hear about his excellent aftercare. Please keep the input coming.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Being from the UK myself, I’ve had my eye on his threads for a while and have liked what I have seen so far.  

When did he first train in hair restoration surgery, which surgeon did he train under, and when did he first start solely focusing on hair restoration as his focal trade? 

Personally, at this moment I still wouldn’t place him on my shortlist of surgeons to choose from, simply due to the low volume of threads and posted results in comparison to other European surgeons that are close by who have years worth of experience and results posted online. 

That’s not to say I wouldn’t regard him as a good surgeon, because his results have been extremely impressive and I have been vocal on each of the threads to express my delight at seeing this type of work come out from the UK. 

I guess everyone has to start from somewhere, and if the results continue to stack up and maintain their consistency, I would for sure consider him as a great option, at a great price point also. 

Idk the criteria you guys go off in terms of the number of of patient results required for a recommendation, but if it’s a minimum of 5x or more - then he ticks the boxes for me. 

He started performing surgery 8 years ago with his own practice 4 years. Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 2

View my thread

With Covid and the difficulties with travel i've been eyeing up Arshad for the past few months. I've seen few good results from him and some that aren't that impressive to be honest. If there were no travel restrictions I doubt I would have considered him. 

Saying that, we do have some people on here who have kindly posted their results and I'm eagerly waiting to see how their transplant turns out. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

With Covid and the difficulties with travel i've been eyeing up Arshad for the past few months. I've seen few good results from him and some that aren't that impressive to be honest. If there were no travel restrictions I doubt I would have considered him. 

Saying that, we do have some people on here who have kindly posted their results and I'm eagerly waiting to see how their transplant turns out. 

Thanks for the feedback, there are technical difficulties that have to be considered in various cases. For example fine hair, donor density, cm2 being covered. From what I’ve seen Dr. Arshad is one of the few surgeons who present cases with wet hair and a direct comb through. That detailed presentation has caught my eye personally, as it’s the most honest way to present results. A few posts above there are some patients whose results have fully manifested. Feel free to take a look. Again, thanks for your input and feedback.

• Like 1

View my thread

I’m currently three months post surgery with Dr Arshad and whilst my final result will not be seen for around nine months, so far so good.

I have made a detailed review on this forum. Feel free to read for a full breakdown of how the day went.

In terms of the professionalism of everyone involved at the hair doctor and the aftercare, I have nothing but good things to say.They have been absolutely fantastic so far. I would highly recommend

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for giving us your input @Classygentleman to hear positive feedback from past patients is fantastic.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

I have had my FUE with dr Arshad and I fully agree he deserves to be on the recommended list , one of the best In my opinion 

The procedure and aftercare have all been amazing and I couldn’t recommend them enough , you can see my post on the forum for more details and results 

simon 

3E27F4BF-56C3-4A5C-9FA1-73B7BDD152C6.jpeg

Edited by Siyork89
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Siyork89 said:

I have had my FUE with dr Arshad and I fully agree he deserves to be on the recommended list , one of the best In my opinion 

The procedure and aftercare have all been amazing and I couldn’t recommend them enough , you can see my post on the forum for more details and results 

simon 

Wow that’s incredible man, congratulations 👏🏼👏🏼 Thanks for the input.

View my thread

17 hours ago, Siyork89 said:

simon 

Wow, thats amazing, literally. You must be over the moon, thanks for sharing. Im UK also so will consider Arshad too.

• Like 1

I had 4,500 grafts with Dr Arshad just over one year ago and my opinion is that he should definitely be on the recommended list. 

The procedure was performed in a single day at his excellent facilities in Yorkshire (UK) for a reasonable price and the level of customer service from him and his team has been perfect in every engagement I have had with them. 

I am delighted with the results and have already recommended him to several people I know.

Before and after picture attached that shows progress at 12 months - there are more pictures on my post on the forum.  

Hair - 12 months.JPG

• Like 5

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Yorkshire Neil said:

I had 4,500 grafts with Dr Arshad just over one year ago and my opinion is that he should definitely be on the recommended list. 

The procedure was performed in a single day at his excellent facilities in Yorkshire (UK) for a reasonable price and the level of customer service from him and his team has been perfect in every engagement I have had with them. 

I am delighted with the results and have already recommended him to several people I know.

Before and after picture attached that shows progress at 12 months - there are more pictures on my post on the forum.  

Hair - 12 months.JPG

Incredible results, thank you for your feedback 👏🏼

View my thread

1 hour ago, Marco Van Basten said:

A reputable surgeon in the UK who is reasonably priced would do great. Especially with International travel restrictions etc

For example, is he as good as Bisanga?

If yes, I would rather drive 3 hours than fly to belgium lol

Highly unlikely to be good as Bisanga. Though I did see him working with Bisanga recently, think it was on Instagram. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, jaypee2502 said:

Highly unlikely to be good as Bisanga. Though I did see him working with Bisanga recently, think it was on Instagram. 

Yes, he visited Dr. Bisanga’s clinic recently.

View my thread