Hair Transplant By Eugenix.

MNIK

On 2/26/2021 at 4:56 AM, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Really strange man. Did you do biopsy to make sure you don't have some dermatological issue? I don't remember who but someone recently posted that they have something along the lines of "frontal fibrosing scarring alopecia" and it was confirmed via a biopsy and that was the reason the hair transplant didn't last. But even in that case there was growth it just was destined to fall out eventually.

That being said, 5 months is still early although you're getting closer to a point where it becomes a problem.

FWIW I am personally at 3 months and I have 0 growth and lots of shock loss in both recipient and donor, but I hope it'll become better in the coming months.

Lets first Atleast see some results. I am in such stage that coming back to pre transplanted stage of hairloss itself would make me happy. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:11 AM, asterix0 said:

OP did you ever try minoxidil, or considered trying it? It could maybe restart the hair cycles of some of your native hairs that may have been lost due to shock loss, and put them back into anagen phase.

Yes i used to apply minoxidil religiously but not its on and off. I think ill start that again. 

9 hours ago, MNIK said:

Yes i used to apply minoxidil religiously but not its on and off. I think ill start that again. 

Dude, stopping or using minoxidil inconsistently will cause massive sheds or hair loss. This is probably what happened to you.

5 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Dude, stopping or using minoxidil inconsistently will cause massive sheds or hair loss. This is probably what happened to you.

Religious application of minoxidil was before the surgery. And 3 months post surgery i was asked to avoid minoxidil and after that i had started applying it and by on and off i mean sometimes it would be once a day and sometimes twice a day and that does not cause the massive hairloss you are talking abound. Massive hairloss would be cause if i use it for a week and completely stop using it for a couple of weeks and then restart it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNIK said:

Religious application of minoxidil was before the surgery. And 3 months post surgery i was asked to avoid minoxidil and after that i had started applying it and by on and off i mean sometimes it would be once a day and sometimes twice a day and that does not cause the massive hairloss you are talking abound. Massive hairloss would be cause if i use it for a week and completely stop using it for a couple of weeks and then restart it. 

I see. But who told you to stop minoxidil for 3 months? That is definitely a long enough time period to lose all your hair supported by minoxidil. 

If you were applying it all over your scalp, then all of your hairs were gaining minoxidil dependancy.

Edited by asterix0

7 hours ago, asterix0 said:

If you were applying it all over your scalp, then all of your hairs were gaining minoxidil dependancy.

Is that an accurate statement-  "all of your hairs"? As in, even the hair that's not affected by DHT?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

10 hours ago, asterix0 said:

I see. But who told you to stop minoxidil for 3 months? That is definitely a long enough time period to lose all your hair supported by minoxidil. 

Was told by Dr Arika to stop minoxidil since it may trigger an initial hairloss

9 hours ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Is that an accurate statement-  "all of your hairs"? As in, even the hair that's not affected by DHT?

All of your hairs are affected by DHT, just at different rates and levels. Looking at the OP's pictures, he was clearly diffusing all over the top, and was headed towards Norwood 5/6 eventually. 

6 hours ago, MNIK said:

Was told by Dr Arika to stop minoxidil since it may trigger an initial hairloss

In my opinion, that was a mistake. I am not a doctor, but I do know in almost all patients, stopping minoxidil for that long will have big time negative consequences for hair. 

9 hours ago, wibbles180 said:

Hoping this works out for you 

I Hope too. This really scares me at times. But since i have for this long i gotta stay positive and wait for couple of more months and just pray for the best to happen. I hope the next couple of months are magical

5 hours ago, asterix0 said:

In my opinion, that was a mistake. I am not a doctor, but I do know in almost all patients, stopping minoxidil for that long will have big time negative consequences for hair. 

I obviously have to trust the doctor and follow the instructions who has done my surgery. They would advice me the best possible thing. So i have put in all my faith in them and lets see how this shapes ahead

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

For how long did you use it before the operation? And what changes did you notice from using it?

I had been using it for 3-4years Approximately and no major difference was seen. Was also on finastride so i suppose this just slowed down my hairloss

2 hours ago, MNIK said:

I obviously have to trust the doctor and follow the instructions who has done my surgery. They would advice me the best possible thing. So i have put in all my faith in them and lets see how this shapes ahead

I understand, I'm not faulting you for following the doctor's instructions. 

I'm more so puzzled why that was recommended to you.

Also, by no means am I trying to give you a hard time. I want your result to turn out great. I'm just trying to explore reasons why you are at the stage you are right now, and this seems like a plausible explanation.

Edited by asterix0

2 hours ago, MNIK said:

I had been using it for 3-4years Approximately and no major difference was seen. Was also on finastride so i suppose this just slowed down my hairloss

I think both were synergistically working together to keep your native hair alive. This is the same situation I am in, diffusing all over the top of my head, but with both finasteride and minoxidil, the hairs have been alive for many more years than they would be otherwise. 

They were doing a pretty good job considering everything when I look at your pre-operation pictures. 

30 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

I understand, I'm not faulting you for following the doctor's instructions. 

I'm more so puzzled why that was recommended to you.

Also, by no means am I trying to give you a hard time. I want your result to turn out great. I'm just trying to explore reasons why you are at the stage you are right now, and this seems like a plausible explanation.

No man i get it. Everyone here is to help and i am glad that this post has got a bit of traction which would help others make an informed decision ,having said that , YES things haven’t gone the way i wanted until now but the doctors have shown me results where there was no growth Untill 8months and all of a sudden a spurt in the next 2months. I am hoping for the same and trying to stay positive. 

Edited by MNIK
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

I think both were synergistically working together to keep your native hair alive. This is the same situation I am in, diffusing all over the top of my head, but with both finasteride and minoxidil, the hairs have been alive for many more years than they would be otherwise. 

They were doing a pretty good job considering everything when I look at your pre-operation pictures. 

Exactly what i feel too. If not both Minoxidil and finastride i would have progressed much faster.

Okay. So lets get this cleared. Minoxidil increases blood flow on the scalp. This in turn causes excessive oozing of blood when the slits are being made. It becomes difficult for the surgery to be performed smoothly in such a case. Secondly, the hair that have come due to Minoxidil do shed off during that period. The pre-existing hair that have not grown due to Minoxidil remains intact.

11 hours ago, MNIK said:

We do not want you to worry over this nor feel any added anxiety as this shedding phase is already scary enough. 

Rest assured, you shall have an amazing growth. 

• Like 3

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

@Abhinay Singh I think it is understood that topical minoxidil should be paused some time before surgery and briefly after. Perhaps +/- 2 weeks each way, for exactly the reasons you stated.

Why did the clinic recommend pausing for 3 months though? Why did they not recommend a low dose oral minoxidil alternative in this transitory period instead? 

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

@Abhinay Singh I think it is understood that topical minoxidil should be paused some time before surgery and briefly after. Perhaps +/- 2 weeks each way, for exactly the reasons you stated.

Why did the clinic recommend pausing for 3 months though? Why did they not recommend a low dose oral minoxidil alternative in this transitory period instead? 

Minoxidil does not grow strong and thick hair. Mostly there are just miniaturized hair that stabilize due to it. However, we do stop it quite in advance because the discontinuity causes the hair saved by Minoxidil to disappear giving us a clear idea of the complete area that we need to cover. 

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

16 minutes ago, Abhinay Singh said:

Minoxidil does not grow strong and thick hair. Mostly there are just miniaturized hair that stabilize due to it. However, we do stop it quite in advance because the discontinuity causes the hair saved by Minoxidil to disappear giving us a clear idea of the complete area that we need to cover. 

Minoxidil hair is not as strong as thick donor hair, this is true, but it is better than nothing. The combination can give an increased illusion of density, which is the best hair transplant patients can hope for anyway because we can never get our true native density back.

I'm afraid with this approach you are proposing, patients will lose a significant amount of hair that will make a cosmetic difference, and will likely result in the patients requiring another transplant to fill in what he lost from discontinuing minoxidil for such a prolonged period.

And to be fair, if a patient wishes to go down this road, that is ok and I believe he has that right. I just think Eugenix should disclose this to every patient before proceeding with surgery and this approach in general. I hope the original poster was informed of this prior to surgery. 

Edited by asterix0

55 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Minoxidil hair is not as strong as thick donor hair, this is true, but it is better than nothing. The combination can give an increased illusion of density, which is the best hair transplant patients can hope for anyway because we can never get our true native density back.

I'm afraid with this approach you are proposing, patients will lose a significant amount of hair that will make a cosmetic difference, and will likely result in the patients requiring another transplant to fill in what he lost from discontinuing minoxidil for such a prolonged period.

And to be fair, if a patient wishes to go down this road, that is ok and I believe he has that right. I just think Eugenix should disclose this to every patient before proceeding with surgery and this approach in general. I hope the original poster was informed of this prior to surgery. 

Well, leaving Minoxidil prior to the procedure is necessary and important. Also, the hair that have come due to Minoxidil (and disappear when Minoxidil is stopped for a while) will come back nonetheless even when the patient starts using Minoxidil after a month of the procedure. My personal experience, Nelson's experience and so many of our patients experiences validate for that. Discontinuation of Minoxidil, in no manner, calls for another transplant. Discontinuation of Finasteride, however, will call for an inevitable future procedure. 

• Like 1

Kind Regards