Best Clinics in Turkey for Frontal Hairline FUE Transplant Only?

To the member @duchaine I don't know if he has given these two options, he will be able to tell how things went in his case.

However I consider Pekiner one of the best surgeons in Turkey, I have written him several times in the various threads.

Edited by Egy

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@Egy actually Pekiner extracted 200 grafts from @PT#31 and gave him two options: 

1) Abort the previously booked 3 day surgery and charge him no money (clinic loses 3 days of revenue).

2) Implant the extracted 200 grafts and charge him only those 200 grafts

@PT#31 chose option 2 but he could have left without paying any money to Dr. Pekiner.

This was shitty of Pekiner.

He already extracted the grafts. What was the patient supposed to say, "Nah Bro, just chuck those 200 grafts in the trash."

The doctor should have apologized profusely, then implanted the grafts free of charge. I also think Pekiner could have offered some kind of compensation.

Either way, it's not the patient's responsibility to worry about their doctor's loss of revenue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, karatekid said:

No Im not joking, did you read what I wrote? I said that this part of aborting during the surgery is awful, especially such high number like 200 grafts.  I just wondered if it really happens often.

R u joking again? Just do a basic search. There’s several cases that have been aborted including a Chinese patient this past year

On 8/30/2020 at 11:59 AM, Egy said:

To the member @duchaine I don't know if he has given these two options, he will be able to tell how things went in his case.

However I consider Pekiner one of the best surgeons in Turkey, I have written him several times in the various threads.

In my case, he said he could transplanted the grafts but it was a waste of time, because my FU were dying.
So, I said not to insert any graft.

In first place, just after he aborted HT, he tried to charge me about 1000 euros.
He said I should have paid the "caution" and about 2,5 euro/189 extracted grafts.

I said that it wasn't fair that he charged me the price for "caution" because I was there...so he charged me the priced the extracted graft.

I called his assistant the next day and I asked for totally refund.
I waited 2 days, talked with the doctor, explained why I thought that he wasn't fair to charge me for wasted grafts and he gave me my money back.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, karatekid said:

Why does it matter which one of those reason? he prefer to avoid surgeries with low potential, and honestly I dont think it is that bad, it shows he has ethics, either way you want a surgeon that his reputation is important to him, rather than one who wants only your money. And bottom line you know that if you had a procedure with him you have very high chances of good results.  The really weird part is that he aborts it DURING the procedure... I mean, is it really true? people here keep saying this, but did we really hear it happens often? if it was only one or two cases then maybe it was just some 'glitches',  But if it happens repeatedly then it is  concerning, even frontal consultation cant prevent it? I am in contact with him to verify this issue actually. It is just bad since his results are amazing, but I really wouldnt want to get aborted on the day of the surgery...

The first thing I look for is a good diagnosis.
In my case, pekiner gave me a wrong response.
As @LonelyGraft said, can you image how stressing and mentally damaging a wrong diagnosis can be?

i do not know why he said I’m not a good candidate (I’ve my personal idea about it) but i think the results i got speak for themselves.

9B65E7AD-EB0A-4BB8-828B-BAA2F3C45DDE.png

52F12E8F-D800-4FB0-902A-78C94ED0FB14.jpeg

0C04AED9-8CDA-4342-AF39-C608764A1D46.jpeg

Edited by duchaine

21 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

R u joking again? Just do a basic search. There’s several cases that have been aborted including a Chinese patient this past year

There are a total of 3 cases:

@PT#31

@duchaine

@lixinfu

Dr. Pekiner told me that so far there has been no other cases and the last one, my friend @PT#31 got to chose to pay nothing or have the extracted grafts implanted and pay just for those grafts.

Both myself and @duchaine contributed to make everyone aware that this was happening with Dr. Pekiner and I was telling everyone about my friend @PT#31 even before he came to HRN to show his results with Dr. BF.

I do believe that by making everyone aware that Pekiner was aborting surgeries (that were later performed by other Doctors without any issues) has changed Pekiner`s approach towards miniaturized hairs because there hasn’t been any other case at his clinic.

This is why I love HRN!

Edited by Portugal25

7 minutes ago, duchaine said:

In my case, he said he could transplanted the grafts but it was a waste of time, because my FU were dying.
So, I said not to insert any graft.

In first place, just after he aborted HT, he tried to charge me about 1000 euros.
He said I should have paid the "caution" and about 2,5 euro/189 extracted grafts.

I said that it wasn't fair that he charged me the price for "caution" because I was there...so he charged me the priced the extracted graft.

I called his assistant the next day and I asked for totally refund.
I waited 2 days, talked with the doctor, explained why I thought that he wasn't fair to charge me for wasted grafts and he gave me my money back.

A price for "caution"? What the hell is that?

This makes Pekiner sound like a shyster and a hack.

1 minute ago, PizzaWolf said:

A price for "caution"? What the hell is that?

This makes Pekiner sound like a shyster and a hack.

@PizzaWolfa caution is another word for a deposit to book your intended date.

I also paid a deposit in 2008 to Dr. Rahal to secure my date will you also be calling Dr Rahal a shyster and a hack?
I kindly ask you to reffrain from such name calling and unfounded accusations as this is not the environment that is promoted at HRN by @Melvin-Moderatorand the other Admins

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

We can make points without cursing. In my opinion, Pekiner does good work, he does abort sessions if he feels the grafts are miniaturized. There was a case of sub-par growth, he probably doesn’t want to take the risk. There’s no point beating a dead horse, seems to happen a lot here. Draw your own conclusion and choose the best surgeon you see fit.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

I also paid a deposit in 2008 to Dr. Rahal to secure my date will you also be calling Dr Rahal a shyster and a hack?
I kindly ask you to reffrain from such name calling and unfounded accusations as this is not the environment that is promoted at HRN by @Melvin-Moderatorand the other Admins

I didn't realize that "caution" was another term for "deposit." Thank you for that.

As for the rest, don't use a strawman argument on me.

It sounds an awful lot like Pekiner is extorting guys that are vulnerable after he's done whatever weirdness is going on with this "miniaturized graft, dying FU" hustle.

Didn't he do this to a friend of yours? You don't seem all that upset about it.

1 hour ago, PizzaWolf said:

I didn't realize that "caution" was another term for "deposit." Thank you for that.

As for the rest, don't use a strawman argument on me.

It sounds an awful lot like Pekiner is extorting guys that are vulnerable after he's done whatever weirdness is going on with this "miniaturized graft, dying FU" hustle.

Didn't he do this to a friend of yours? You don't seem all that upset about it.

@PizzaWolfmy friend @PT#31is very thankful to Dr. Pekiner for being humble enought to admit he wouldn`t be able to achieve the results he desired and for aborting his surgery. He paid about 500€ to implant the 250 grafts already extracted and afterwards went to @Dr. Bruno Ferreirathat works with Lorenzo performing surgeries on patients with miniaturized hairs and DUPA on a regular basis (hence more used to patients with this condition).

You can check @PT#31results thread and see that he`s supper happy so far instead of  being scared of his outcome should Pekiner had taken the risk to do a surgery on a patient with a condition he`s not confortable with operating on.

Like @Melvin-Moderatorsaid Pekiner does good work, he does abort sessions if he feels the grafts are miniaturized. There’s no point beating a dead horse.

Edited by Portugal25

22 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Every doc asks for a deposit.
The problem is Pekiner tried to hold the deposit after HE decided to abort the surgery because he gave me a wrong diagnosis in first place.

Edited by duchaine

51 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Every doc asks for a deposit.
The problem is Pekiner tried to hold the deposit after HE decided to abort the surgery because he gave me a wrong diagnosis in first place.

He learned from his mistake @duchaine because he didn`t even suggest keeping @PT#31deposit as that`s unaceptable.Pekiner even refunded his brother`s deposit for a surgery in 2020 just because his brother was scared he could have the same condition. His brother is now also going to Dr. BF.

You did talk with him and got your deposit back (there`s really no way he could justify keeping your deposit).

In the end you managed to fit in a surgery at HLC right after you were aborted by Pekiner so you didn´t even lose the flight cost ;)  and your results are impressive, congratulations!!!

My family and friends are mostly Doctors and I can tell than you most definitely don`t want a Doctor doing surgery on you if he`s not confortable with what he`s doing so both you and @PT#31 are very lucky to have been aborted and went to Doctors that were confortable doing your surgery.

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

@duchaine 

You look fantastic my friend great results 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Edited by Portugal25

2 minutes ago, duchaine said:

you deleted your previous comment...
did you regret for the compliments? lol

Double Posted by mistake 

5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

He learned from his mistake @duchaine because he didn`t even suggest keeping @PT#31deposit as that`s unaceptable.Pekiner even refunded his brother`s deposit for a surgery in 2020 just because his brother was scared he could have the same condition. His brother is now also going to Dr. BF.

You did talk with him and got your deposit back (there`s really no way he could justify keeping your deposit).

In the end you managed to fit in a surgery at HLC right after you were aborted by Pekiner so you didn´t even lose the flight cost ;)  and your results are impressive, congratulations!!!

My family and friends are mostly Doctors and I can tell than you most definitely don`t want a Doctor doing surgery on you if he`s not confortable with what he`s doing so both you and @PT#31 are very lucky to have been aborted and went to Doctors that were confortable doing your surgery.

@Portugal25you seem to ignore this question but why does pekiner abort dupa surgeries in the first place? You consider dr Ferreira and Lorenzo authorities in regards to dupa but they evaluate patients microscopically before even heading to the operating room. Why can pekiner not catch this with microscopic evaluation? He has to start surgery and go 100+ grafts deep then diagnose the patient with dupa. Makes absolutely no sense

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

@Portugal25you seem to ignore this question but why does pekiner abort dupa surgeries in the first place? You consider dr Ferreira and Lorenzo authorities in regards to dupa but they evaluate patients microscopically before even heading to the operating room. Why can pekiner not catch this with microscopic evaluation? He has to start surgery and go 100+ grafts deep then diagnose the patient with dupa. Makes absolutely no sense

@LonelyGraft you seem to be forgetting that I’m just a patient of Dr. Pekiner. 
Your questions is something that only the Doctor or his representatives can explain properly. 

40 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Your questions is something that only the Doctor or his representatives can explain properly. 

Obviously. But you’re backing up his decision to abort surgeries like it was the right/ethical thing to do when there’s several unanswered questions 

37 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

A bit of a cop out there, bud. You went all kindergarten tattle-tale on me a few posts ago for saying mean things about your boy Pekiner.

You don't think there's something really strange going on with these aborted surgeries? Still attempting to charge or hold deposits after taking hundreds of grafts?

Any theories?

8 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Obviously. But you’re backing up his decision to abort surgeries like it was the right/ethical thing to do when there’s several unanswered questions 

I talk with Doctors regularly and from what I know of the health world when a Doctor tells you he’s not comfortable doing your surgery you thank him and go ask for a second opinion.

Unfortunately in the hair transplant world many Doctors aren’t humble enough to walk away from a pay day and many times it’s not even Doctors you are talking with but rater underpaid technicians that only get paid if they do your surgery.

So yes I will defend any Doctor that says he’s not comfortable doing a patient surgery as for the reasons why he’s not comfortable and why he needs to extract grafts that’s something only the Doctor can explain.

Edited by Portugal25

7 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

A bit of a cop out there, bud. You went all kindergarten tattle-tale on me a few posts ago for saying mean things about your boy Pekiner.

You don't think there's something really strange going on with these aborted surgeries? Still attempting to charge or hold deposits after taking hundreds of grafts?

Any theories?

If someone calls the doctor that successfuly performed your surgery a “Hack” I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t reply as politely as I did. 

My answer was not a cop out but instead I was again stating facts.