Best Clinics in Turkey for Frontal Hairline FUE Transplant Only?

7 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

If someone calls the doctor that successfuly performed your surgery a “Hack” I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t reply as politely as I did. 

My answer was not a cop out but instead I was again stating facts. 

Maybe "hack" was too harsh and not representative of what was bothering me. I apologize.

I also didn't realize you had developed a personal relationship with Dr. Pekiner after your surgery.

As someone who submitted a consult with Dr. Pekiner recently, reports like the ones in this thread concern me.

Needing to abort a surgery, during surgery, should indicate, first and foremost, the surgeon is either

a) incompetent to accurately assess the donor viability during the pre-surgery consultations, either in person or otherwise.

b) intentionally negligent to analyze the donor properly before surgery, which would indicate a red flag as to the type of clinic that is being run.

or c) it is impossible to accurately assess the donor before surgery and thus the doctor did the best they could. From what I have seen though, I think that with modern day technology and techniques this should not happen. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would understand if some extenuating circumstances happened, such as negative response to the local anesthesia, perhaps some excessive bleeding or underlying condition that caused unforeseeable complications.

However, It isn't a good enough argument to say, well, at least all the other grafts didn't get wasted. With the amount of time and money, not to mention the emotional roller coaster and anxiety this procedure produces, this argument isn't fair to the patient.

An analogy may be, hey you broke your arm but be happy, at least you didn't get hit by a bus. 

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Needing to abort a surgery, during surgery, should indicate, first and foremost, the surgeon is either

a) incompetent to accurately assess the donor viability during the pre-surgery consultations, either in person or otherwise.

b) intentionally negligent to analyze the donor properly before surgery, which would indicate a red flag as to the type of clinic that is being run.

or c) it is impossible to accurately assess the donor before surgery and thus the doctor did the best they could. From what I have seen though, I think that with modern day technology and techniques this should not happen. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would understand if some extenuating circumstances happened, such as negative response to the local anesthesia, perhaps some excessive bleeding or underlying condition that caused unforeseeable complications.

However, It isn't a good enough argument to say, well, at least all the other grafts didn't get wasted. With the amount of time and money, not to mention the emotional roller coaster and anxiety this procedure produces, this argument isn't fair to the patient.

An analogy may be, hey you broke your arm but be happy, at least you didn't get hit by a bus. 

VERY good post and one that @Portugal25needs to review. 

@Portugal25since you personally know at least one person who had an aborted surgery why was the question never raised in terms of why microscopic evaluation is not enough to spot dupa? 

Ok so I want to do some order here. As I said before, aborting a surgery after some extraction is  really horrible for the patient, no doubt. But we need to look at the big picture. @Portugal25 said there are only 3 cases -

@PT#31

@duchaine

@lixinfu

So the duchaine case indeed sounds bad, and that's the case everybody talking about. But the case of lixinfu is not the same at all, I read his thread - doctor Pekiner checked him before the surgery and already told him he is not a good candidate and completely refused to operate. But, the patient really insisted that he wants it done, so just after fighting with the doctor about it for a while the doctor gave up and agreed to try. After a few extractions he saw the situation is really bad since all extracted grafts had miniaturized hair and aborted. But this is of course a mistake of the patient, I would  never  argue with the doctor if he thinks Im not a candidate.

About the third case of PT31, I dont know exactly the details but lets assume it's the same as duchaine.

So, there are only 2 cases that we know of, of this bad conduct.  People tend to focus on some isolated incidents and have big conclusions. If the doctor operate on hunderds of cases, and has just a few mistakes, at the big picture it is almost nothing. Because bottom line, if I need now to choose a surgeon (which I do, and pekiner is currently one of my options), I would happily go for scenario of 98% of great results (which Pekiner do achieve), and 2% of aborted surgery.

The question still remains, that how does he didnt notice the miniaturization before? does he do microscopic analysis? what is he doing  to prevent those issues from reccuring?  I dont know, I think we should just clarify this issue with his representative.

- I am not here to defend or bash nobody, just saying the fact and my objective view on it

• Administrators

Guys, 

I understand your concerns, but you guys are beating a dead horse. What is there to explain? He aborts surgeries if he’s not confident, does it suck? Yes, but that’s why you have a choice. You don’t have to choose him if you don’t want too, very simple. Can we move on and help the OP with the original question.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, karatekid said:

Ok so I want to do some order here. As I said before, aborting a surgery after some extraction is  really horrible for the patient, no doubt. But we need to look at the big picture. @Portugal25 said there are only 3 cases -

@PT#31

@duchaine

@lixinfu

So the duchaine case indeed sounds bad, and that's the case everybody talking about. But the case of lixinfu is not the same at all, I read his thread - doctor Pekiner checked him before the surgery and already told him he is not a good candidate and completely refused to operate. But, the patient really insisted that he wants it done, so just after fighting with the doctor about it for a while the doctor gave up and agreed to try. After a few extractions he saw the situation is really bad since all extracted grafts had miniaturized hair and aborted. But this is of course a mistake of the patient, I would  never  argue with the doctor if he thinks Im not a candidate.

About the third case of PT31, I dont know exactly the details but lets assume it's the same as duchaine.

So, there are only 2 cases that we know of, of this bad conduct.  People tend to focus on some isolated incidents and have big conclusions. If the doctor operate on hunderds of cases, and has just a few mistakes, at the big picture it is almost nothing. Because bottom line, if I need now to choose a surgeon (which I do, and pekiner is currently one of my options), I would happily go for scenario of 98% of great results (which Pekiner do achieve), and 2% of aborted surgery.

The question still remains, that how does he didnt notice the miniaturization before? does he do microscopic analysis? what is he doing  to prevent those issues from reccuring?  I dont know, I think we should just clarify this issue with his representative.

- I am not here to defend or bash nobody, just saying the fact and my objective view on it

His rep is super unprofessional and wanted things censored, hence why he is no longer here. So you can consult directly with them and keep the forum current on his reasoning

All good, appreciate the comments and info, its all helpful. And yes, I got a good idea for doctors and clinics, was looking into HDC with the help of Doron due to their great results. I don't disagree that the other doctors wouldn't be terrific choices as well... am still keeping an open mind to everything.

23 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

VERY good post and one that @Portugal25needs to review. 

@Portugal25since you personally know at least one person who had an aborted surgery why was the question never raised in terms of why microscopic evaluation is not enough to spot dupa? 

I wrote the same thing several times.

About mu specific situation: If pekiner stated the operation thinking that I was a good candidate and then he aborted the transplant becuase he realized that I wasn’t, he clearly made a wrong diagnosis in the pre op phase.

if I’m a good candidate (as the story showed I’m), that means he made a wrong diagnosis during the operation.

in any case, the way he acted could be psychological devastating for me.

in 2020, a doctor has a lot of tools to see if the fu are miniaturized so it is unacceptable that he aborts the op.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:53 PM, Portugal25 said:

I talk with Doctors regularly and from what I know of the health world when a Doctor tells you he’s not comfortable doing your surgery you thank him and go ask for a second opinion.

Are you kidding?

you are right: if the doctor doesn't fell comfortable doing your surgery, thank him and ask for another opinion.
When my father got his lung surgery, the first doctor said he didn't have enough skills to perform a such difficult surgery and gave us the name of a super skilled doctor that accepted the challenge.

But the doctor shouldn't start the op in the first place.
What if the doctor started the operation, removed half of his left lung and then he aborted the operation?

according to @asterix0, in 2020 we have so many tools to analyse the donor area that a doc should never interrupt a surgery.
Not talking about my specific case but in general, there are several reasons why a doctor aborts an operation:

a) he is unable to analyze the donor area before surgery

b) he think that he doesn't have the skill to manage short/small FU

c) he doesn't have enough time (according to many doctors I talked, small FUs requires a lot more time to be extracted and transplanted properly)

d) he uses something happens during the op that scares the doc so he says that the donor area is not "good enough".

10 minutes ago, duchaine said:

according to @asterix0, in 2020 we have so many tools to analyse the donor area that a doc should never interrupt a surgery.
Not talking about my specific case but in general, there are several reasons why a doctor aborts an operation:

a) he is unable to analyze the donor area before surgery

b) he think that he doesn't have the skill to manage short/small FU

c) he doesn't have enough time (according to many doctors I talked, small FUs requires a lot more time to be extracted and transplanted properly)

d) he uses something happens during the op that scares the doc so he says that the donor area is not "good enough".

Further, for a) I would think with microscopic lenses, high resolution imagery, and additional highly trained techs to assist with the examination would be enough to do the analysis. If not, this should be communicated to the patient before surgery.

b) If such a doubt exists this should be clearly communicated to the patient pre-surgery.

c) The surgery should then be postponed until the next day, not cancelled outright.

d) This may be some unforeseeable event, such as adverse reaction to anesthesia, blood clotting / excessive bleeding. I don't even know what other serious conditions are possible, perhaps some premature dermal necrosis, but I would imagine this is exceedingly rare. 

Edited by asterix0

1 minute ago, asterix0 said:

Further, for a) I would think with microscopic lenses, high resolution imagery, and additional highly trained techs to assist with the examination. 

b) If such a doubt exists this should be clearly communicated to the patient pre-surgery.

c) The surgery should then be postponed until tomorrow, not cancelled outright.

d) This may be some unforeseeable event, such as adverse reaction to anesthesia, blood clotting / excessive bleeding. I don't even know if more serious conditions are possible, perhaps some premature dermal necrosis, but I would imagine this is exceedingly rare. 

I have a few questions about my story. I asked his assistant to reply in public in the past but he didn't.
When he aborted the op, he took some tricoscope images of my scalp to show me that my FU were miniaturized. Now, if a tricoscope image of my scalp is enough to check the donor zone, why didn't he take the images before the op?
He made all the extractions in the same area: is that the way a doctor checks the donor zone?

38 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I have a few questions about my story. I asked his assistant to reply in public in the past but he didn't.
When he aborted the op, he took some tricoscope images of my scalp to show me that my FU were miniaturized. Now, if a tricoscope image of my scalp is enough to check the donor zone, why didn't he take the images before the op?
He made all the extractions in the same area: is that the way a doctor checks the donor zone?

Without having any other information, it looks like he just didn't care to do it beforehand. 

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

I wrote the same thing several times.

About mu specific situation: If pekiner stated the operation thinking that I was a good candidate and then he aborted the transplant becuase he realized that I wasn’t, he clearly made a wrong diagnosis in the pre op phase.

if I’m a good candidate (as the story showed I’m), that means he made a wrong diagnosis during the operation.

in any case, the way he acted could be psychological devastating for me.

in 2020, a doctor has a lot of tools to see if the fu are miniaturized so it is unacceptable that he aborts the op.

You were in a tough spot my friend. That really sucked to be sent on your way. But you handled it well and got hlc to work on you, who imo, are one of the best in Turkey. U also got a refund from pekiner which is great. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys, 

I understand your concerns, but you guys are beating a dead horse. What is there to explain? He aborts surgeries if he’s not confident, does it suck? Yes, but that’s why you have a choice. You don’t have to choose him if you don’t want too, very simple. Can we move on and help the OP with the original question.

If you refer to my post, I have no idea what you talking about. If anything, I was talking in the favor of the doctor, I said that we judge by a tiny fraction of his cases and it is wrong.

And why you say we beating dead horse? why is he a dead horse and who says we beating him? I think this is a legit discussion about a great doctor, that we aware of his 2 misconducted cases, and we want to know why does it happen and what are the chances it will happen for a new patient. As someone that consider him for upcoming surgery I find it important. And of course there is something to explain - why didnt he find out those problems before the surgery?  Are those super exceptional cases for some specific reasons or is it something that has high chances to occur again?

One thing you are right though, this thread is probably not the place for this discussion

Back to the original question...

For the hairline, the best in Turkey is most likely Keser from the results I have seen. I just wish they were more cases, not enough are posted on this and other forums. The fact is he does everything himself, that is a big big plus.

ASMED or HLC - it depends on you. Do you want to put trust in Dr Koray and his technique, they are probably the most popular clinic in the world doing 4-5 patients a day. State of the art clinic, and countless testimonials. He's had a bit of a bad rep lately, but just think how many people post results from there compared to others. There's probably like 30 Keser cases I can find online but hundreds from Asmed.

With HLC the doctors perform the entire operation, so you have that piece of mind. Who the doctors are and how long they've performed FUE, you will have to investigate that yourself.

21 hours ago, Vpac said:

For the hairline, the best in Turkey is most likely Keser from the results I have seen. I just wish they were more cases, not enough are posted on this and other forums. The fact is he does everything himself, that is a big big plus.

ASMED or HLC - it depends on you. Do you want to put trust in Dr Koray and his technique, they are probably the most popular clinic in the world doing 4-5 patients a day. State of the art clinic, and countless testimonials. He's had a bit of a bad rep lately, but just think how many people post results from there compared to others. There's probably like 30 Keser cases I can find online but hundreds from Asmed.

With HLC the doctors perform the entire operation, so you have that piece of mind. Who the doctors are and how long they've performed FUE, you will have to investigate that yourself.

@VpacASMED is a expensive hairmill with technicians doing surgery on 8 patients per day and several complaints of unethical behaviour so you can`t compare it with HLC where you have a surgery fully performed by the best Doctors in Turkey (Dr. Akin and Dr. Ozgur) using a much more advanced and precise technique called stick&place (the same used by Dr. Konior considered by many to be the best FUE Doctor in the world).

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 1:25 AM, karatekid said:

If you refer to my post, I have no idea what you talking about. If anything, I was talking in the favor of the doctor, I said that we judge by a tiny fraction of his cases and it is wrong.

And why you say we beating dead horse? why is he a dead horse and who says we beating him? I think this is a legit discussion about a great doctor, that we aware of his 2 misconducted cases, and we want to know why does it happen and what are the chances it will happen for a new patient. As someone that consider him for upcoming surgery I find it important. And of course there is something to explain - why didnt he find out those problems before the surgery?  Are those super exceptional cases for some specific reasons or is it something that has high chances to occur again?

One thing you are right though, this thread is probably not the place for this discussion

Bad results r one thing but dishonest and unethical behavior is entirely something else. pekiners clinic and advisor did shady things on this forum and have patients censored on others. The patient advisor tried to do the same here but was promptly told to go pound sand by the management which was a great move. I understand Melvin’s frustration Bc dealing with piece of shit ppl like the advisor can get quite tiresome

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 3:54 AM, Vpac said:

Eh....holding asmed in the same conversation as hlc is comical to me at this point, especially since they’re the same price. Turkey is full of Syrian refugees and young people looking for work so clinics have unlimited supply of techs they can hire. Yet hlc still chooses for all work to be performed by a doctor using the most labor intensive methods (manual fue and stick & place). This speaks volumes to me.

with the amount of bad results and complaints from asmed, it’s straight up playing Russian roulette (imo of course). There’s a reason they were removed from here

Edited by LonelyGraft
  • Like 1

I genuinely believe that people tend to complain and share results more in circumstances where there have been some issues.

Considering ASMED does 5/7 patients per day I believe the number of reviews is statistically poor.

I also went there last month to get 5000 grafts and they seemed to be very well organised, of course I’m now looking forward to see what the final result will be like🤞

However back to the original post: 

I changed mind at the very last minute for various reasons but I’ve always been a big fan of Dr Hasson as I firmly believe he offers the best consistency since 10 years or more.

Results are always natural and since you only need less than 2000 graft I definitely recommend you a Strip session especially if you do not suffer of an extended bald pattern.

He also practises FUE ( he went to ASMED to learn Dr Koray’s technique). Slightly more expensive but quality comes first.

In case you want to have more patients experience from ASMED ( as I understood you’re oriented to Turkey) I also recommend to look at the Turkish forum( you can choose your language even though translations are quite weird).

best of luck Chris ✌️

Edited by Jimmy58