Hair Transplant Travel with CoronaVirus

2 hours ago, Abi28 said:

This is interesting, a friend of mine sent me this clip, it's for a movie called Contagion for Matt Damon, it was released in 2011, it exactly describes what's happening right now. 

Funny, I just watched this movie few months ago, it was pretty good to be honest. Anyway I really thought about that movie when the corona virus started, there are some similar elements in the movie and the stuff that happen now.

Anyway,  @BeHappy I dont think it's the media, and it sounds weird to me that people say that, I know that media say alot of shit, but the facts are that the chinese government did some serious steps to fight this virus, basically paralyzing the economy. I dont think the chinese government really care what the media say. And same goes for other countries that made some regulation which also harm the economy.  I dont know the numbers but Im sure the virus is of high risk to the population, higher than standard flu.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, duchaine said:

@Melvin-Moderator it is a scary situation.
Everything is closed, the laws change every other day, the number of sick people increases day by day and our sick/dead people is worst than China's because Italian are older.
We can't travel. We are not allowed to go to the airport and, in case, many countries, like turkey, closed their doors too italians.

I wonder what this means for the hair transplant industry, it seems that most Italians travel for hair transplants. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 million people die in the US every year to various causes...some natural some inflicted and the for profit media is mostly silent due to the amount of advertising money they make from corporations that have been and are complicit in causing many deaths (ie the opioid drug crisis has killed over 400, 000 people in the US). In one ominous breath they will say things to instill fear and make you want to panic then after in the next breath they will say but don’t....and they are continuously running on a constant loop showing  the same sky-is-falling videos of the the hospital in Italy with a few elderly patients with tubes connected to machines and people in hazmat suits and the same footage of the Chinese scrub-downs and lockdowns....all this then translates into politcans creating more fear and panic by passing dystopian laws to shut down activities making the fear and paranoia more realistic in the minds of the scared....and now the news media is circulating a story of a “study” from China saying the virus can jump further from one person to another...not the claimed 6ft but now 15 feet...it’s crazy.

The reality is...viruses come and go, our immune systems adapts, people with compromised immune systems due to other health conditions will die, elderly people die, overusing hand sanitizer and over sanitization only lets the human immune system more exposed to dangerous pathogens and unable to fight them...I can’t count the amount of times I’ve seen news stories on the dangers of too much sanitizer use...

Would I recommend travel for work or vacation or any not emergency medical procedure at the moment, depends, if you’re under 65 and no underlying heath issues then I would....but if you have pre existing health issue and over the age of 60-65 then no, wait a few months.

Edited by CosmoKramer

13 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

The reality is...viruses come and go, our immune systems adapts, people with compromised immune systems due to other health conditions will die

I think you are very misinformed about this virus, this has nothing to do with politics, ratings or media.. Italy had only 3 cases 3 weeks ago now they have 10,000 cases and over 600 deaths in just 3 weeks, this is not the seasonal flu, death rate in Italy is at 6% now.. I don't think Italy or China cares about the media and are creating some fake narrative for politic purposes, You live in the US but don't know what's going on outside of your country unfortunately..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I think you are very misinformed about this virus, this has nothing to do with politics, ratings or media.. Italy had only 3 cases 3 weeks ago now they have 10,000 cases and over 600 deaths in just 3 weeks, this is not the seasonal flu, death rate in Italy is at 6% now.. I don't think Italy or China cares about the media and are creating some fake narrative for politic purposes, You live in the US but don't know what's going on outside of your country unfortunately..

I’m Sorry, Abi, but I do know much about the situation as I have been following it closely since the end of 2019...so, I disagree with you there...and as you stated it’s just a few week old which was incorrect. Yes, when the media and corporate entities are not independent they skew things in their favor and get politicians whom they fund, to carry out the new laws and politics has a lot to play...some from whom I heard have said that it’s not a coincidence that this virus’ epicenter was from a Chinese market that has a biolabratory very close to it in distance and that before this new year China and Iran were seeing major democratic protest in Hong Kong and in Tehran...which both were reported to have mass infection and death rates...and now that’s all been tempered...now, is the 100% the case I’m not fully sure...but living in the US and following closely the issues we  have here and of which whistleblowers like Snowden and Assange have shed light on some scary subjects..I think this is very plausible...

I always try and see all angles of a situation and try to use logic...and I’m thinking in this social media heavy age we live in...were are all the posts/videos from all the tens of thousands of people and the families of the dead sharing their sadness over the situation?...I don’t doubt many have lost their lives but I have to wonder where is their voice in all this...other than news media’s repeatedly played looped footage.

Fear clouds thoughts and questioning our leaders on important issues...no matter where.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I’m Sorry, Abi, but I do know much about the situation as I have been following it closely since the end of 2019...so, I disagree with you there...and as you stated it’s just a few week old which was incorrect. Yes, when the media and corporate entities are not independent they skew things in their favor and get politicians whom they fund, to carry out the new laws and politics has a lot to play...some from whom I heard have said that it’s not a coincidence that this virus’ epicenter was from a Chinese market that has a biolabratory very close to it in distance and that before this new year China and Iran were seeing major democratic protest in Hong Kong and in Tehran...which both were reported to have mass infection and death rates...and now that’s all been tempered...now, is the 100% the case I’m not fully sure...but living in the US and following closely the issues we  have here and of which whistleblowers like Snowden and Assange have shed light on some scary subjects..I think this is very plausible...

I always try and see all angles of a situation and try to use logic...and I’m thinking in this social media heavy age we live in...were are all the posts/videos from all the tens of thousands of people and the families of the dead sharing their sadness over the situation?...I don’t doubt many have lost their lives but I have to wonder where is their voice in all this...other than news media’s repeatedly played looped footage.

Fear clouds thoughts and questioning our leaders on important issues...no matter where.

I understand what you are saying, you are basically saying this could be a biological warfare? It's not far fetched to be honest and I agree with you.. I am only talking about the virus and how dangerous it is because a lot of people are saying this is like the flu but it's really not, when you have 10,000 cases and 600 deaths in 3 weeks in 1 country isn't that serious? It's a serious thing and whatever is happening in Italy and china could happen a week or two weeks from now in the US, I think the next 2 weeks will show how serious this virus actually is. I sometimes thing that there is something bigger going on but then again why does everything has to turn into a conspiracy theorie? maybe it's just a virus that came out of China like the SARS in 2004? I don't know but I do know that this is a serious issue because of the way the virus easily spreads between people.. Anyways I hope they find a vaccine so we can move on from this whole thing because it is a bit worrying..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

I understand what you are saying, you are basically saying this could be a biological warfare? It's not far fetched to be honest and I agree with you.. I am only talking about the virus and how dangerous it is because a lot of people are saying this is like the flu but it's really not, when you have 10,000 cases and 600 deaths in 3 weeks in 1 country isn't that serious? It's a serious thing and whatever is happening in Italy and china could happen a week or two weeks from now in the US, I think the next 2 weeks will show how serious this virus actually is. I sometimes thing that there is something bigger going on but then again why does everything has to turn into a conspiracy theorie? maybe it's just a virus that came out of China like the SARS in 2004? I don't know but I do know that this is a serious issue because of the way the virus easily spreads between people.. Anyways I hope they find a vaccine so we can move on from this whole thing because it is a bit worrying..

Yeah, and I agree with what your saying on the differences in seasonal flu viruses compared this one, is it a bioweapon that got out of control I can’t say for sure, from what I’ve read the coronavirus itself was a “host” type virus and now its genetics contains SARS. And yes, I’m very concerned and do think it’s serious but I choose to keep a level headed mind and gain as much information as possible and keep a healthy dose of skepticism about the claimed numbers of infected/deaths because  how are we to know for sure what we’re told, with such large numbers social media would be flooded with the situation the victims are facing so I have to wonder...it’s much better than accepting everything as fact given the many missteps that have happened, and I agree with you..I hope that it’s resolved soon to peoples lives and livelihoods can return to “normal”.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:57 AM, Abi28 said:

the numbers of people infected doubled from 500 to 1000 in 1 day in spain

To be less dramatic about this... the number of "tested positive" doubled. They have dramatically increased the number of testing. The virus is spreading fast but it isn't doubling every day. Testing, however, might be doubling.

And remember that 80% of those infected show no signs or show only mild symptoms. Yes they can spread it, but most people never even need to see their doctor. It's just a small cold.

I still have a HT scheduled in Turkey next month. I'm still planning to make it. Turkey announced today their FIRST confirmed case. ONE.

Be smart when boarding a plane, yes, but Turkey is totally safe.

3 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Sorry but you are delusional if you think this virus is just a small cold

poor punctuation

"most people never even need to see their doctor, It's just a small cold."

For most people, about 80% infected, it *feels* like a small cold. Stop listening to Rachel Maddow.

Just now, MachoVato said:

poor punctuation

"most people never even need to see their doctor, It's just a small cold."

For most people, about 80% infected, it *feels* like a small cold. Stop listening to Rachel Maddow.

Who is Rachel Maddow? do you even know what's happening in Italy and other countries in Europe? You don't have to see a doctor but you have to be in quarantine for 14 days because of the way this virus can spread that's why it is dangerous and that's why the virus has been declared as a global pandemic today.. ''It's a just a flu bro'' lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Who is Rachel Maddow? do you even know what's happening in Italy and other countries in Europe? You don't have to see a doctor but you have to be in quarantine for 14 days because of the way this virus can spread that's why it is dangerous and that's why the virus has been declared as a global pandemic today.. ''It's a just a flu bro'' lol

I know plenty. I live in the Middle East and we also have serious travel restrictions... I know about the 14 days and medical clearances to get into countries. Yes, you're overreacting. Have fun in your bunker.

15 hours ago, MachoVato said:

I know plenty. I live in the Middle East and we also have serious travel restrictions... I know about the 14 days and medical clearances to get into countries. Yes, you're overreacting. Have fun in your bunker.

LMAO, I am just saying corona virus is no the flu, anyways hopefully things get better in the next few weeks and everything is back to normal.

Edited by Abi28

I live in Portugal and we just got the first Covid-19 patient last week after seeing on the news the hardship many countries are enduring due to with this outbreak. 

Despite the whole country being on Red Alert to the care we must take and having seen what happened in Italy and China, today only 7 days later, we have almost 100 cases and unofficial numbers are said to be much higher as the government is holding information to prevent a mass panic.

I have several Doctors in my close group of friends telling me that they got scared when looking at recent CT Scans showing the aggressiveness of this new strain of the COVID-19 that is spreading super fast due to governments taking too much time to finally decide on a nationwide public services and borders shutdown like Italy has just enforced. 

Myself and almost every other parent with kids in Portuguese private schools just got a email this evening saying that schools are now closed.

The Portuguese government is expected to announce the closing of public schools by the end of the week.
Justice courts shutdown this evening and hopefully other public services will also be closing to stop the widespread of this virus.  

Hospitals are not prepared for the insane number of infected patients coming in every day so many won’t have a bed nor medical supplies nor machines for respiratory support to aid in recovery. Therefore, many people will not actually die not from the virus but from the inability of hospitals to treat them. 

If any of you think this is a hype or can be compared with any other virus mentioned here that actually never really traveled very far then you are greatly mistaken as this is spreading like wildfire and will cause respiratory infections on a high percentage of infected patients so if the hospitals are unable to treat the infected patients the risk of death is high.

@MachoVato luckily you are going to a private clinic in which you will be the only patient and will be recovering isolated in your Hotel room but even still I think going threw a international airport right now is not advisable.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

To all the people saying this is just a flu, NBA player Rudy Gobert was tested positive for the corona virus and the NBA now suspended the season, again this is serious and the virus is spreading like wildfire, people who still think it's overblown and hype will change their mind in the next few days 

• Administrators

Tom Hanks got the COV

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Portugal25 You are right that my clinic would be a safer bet because he only has 1 patient per day. But truth is I am not sure I will be able to travel to Turkey in 3 weeks. Right now I can't fly direct, if have to fly to UK or Amsterdam first. Which I'm willing to do but it would cost me a lot.

And if I do that, I might have to quarantine myself before being let back into the Middle East, maybe. So it gets tricky.

At the moment I'm keeping my flight and travel plans. The day before I'll make the decision if I can do it or not. I'm hoping restrictions will ease up by then. Crazy times. Everyone stay safe.

Today I got to work and found that our CEO has COVID-19. Sadly the company where I work still hasn`t sent everyone home.

This is not like Zika, Dengue or any other virus that never travelled very far away from their point of origin!

COVID-19 will be reaching our family our friends our colleagues and ourselves if drastic mesures are not enforced!

US finally opened its eyes because of the more agressive virus strain in Italy and therefore decided to close its border but only to Europe so obviously it won`t be enough because this virus is not only in Europe and will continue to spread like wildfire amongst the population until public services are shutdown and people stay indoors for the duration of the incubation period which is 20 days.

Doctors here in Portugal are working overtime and taking ventilators out of surgery rooms because no hospital is prepared for the influx of Covid-19 patients. There is a triage in effect at Hospitals due to lack of equipment, medicine and beds so older patients will not be getting proper care as they are giving priority to children and young adults.

Stay safe people and isolate yourselves from your elderly friends and family.

Edited by Portugal25

It doesn't get much more serious than this, open your eyes folks.

The West do seem to be worryingly a bit too relaxed about this whereas the Asian states who have quite recent experience of SARS seem to have learnt from past mistakes and are taking no chances this time around with lock-downs in Korea, Japan, China and beyond.

Thailand too banned all flights from China very soon after the outbreak taking a massive financial hit to their tourist industry but shockingly they were one of only a handful of nations to do so. Flights from China continued on to all other countries until very recently. Crazy!

I do find the limited actions of Western governments worrying, they are waiting to go through the motions with a heavy emphasis on actions taken on the advise of senior health care professionals who don't necessarily have any experience in real world disaster scenarios.

I would have preferred to take maximum action from the off akin to the Asian nations. It almost seems that Western governments were/are too afraid to lock-down because of the financial implications taking precedence over human lives. In any case the cost of an immediate lock-down and prevention seems as though it would have been a lot less costlier than dealing with a mass infection that now seems ever increasingly likely, (See Italy).

People need to stop taking the stance, "I'm young and healthy, it won't affect me". Personally I wouldn't like to be responsible in passing this on to someones elderly parent leading to possible death. Think about it guys!

Take care people, be sensible, look after your yourselves and especially your elders... and hopefully see you all on the other side of this nightmare.

Edited by Shera
  • Thanks 1

I just heard that spain closed itself to incoming visitors, someone knows if that true? Where can I get updates about the latest regulations regarding the virus? Seems like everyday are added more and mroe restrictions and limitations across the world.

On the news, I have seen countless airports around the world look like a ghost town.

The state of Virginia, Maryland, and Wash DC have all closed every school for the next 2 weeks.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY