Dr. Louis Nader 8300 grafts FUE DHI

Guy73

5 minutes ago, Franky9208 said:

@GeoHairthe restrictions were extended till April 21 so we should be good by may I assume 

I hope so but every month they just keep extending it. Last Thursday they announced it was extended to April 21st when originally it was March 21st AND they have done that every previous month so I feel like nothing will change and they will extend it again next month like they have been doing every month but I heard dental work is accepted as "medical treatment" and people are still crossing the border under that pretext. I just haven't found any forums of people discussing if hair transplants are considered "medical treatment" as well. Currently the only way to cross the border as "non essential" travel, is through plane unless you are going for a "medical treatment". Hopefully Brenda will have an answer and I will let you know but I feel that she would have told us if they had any issues previously and I am assuming hair transplants are considered "medical treatment" and that is how they have been continuing their operation this far. I am sure border agents are well aware of the driver that will pick us up and he goes back and forth through the border almost on the daily so the border agents might possibly have no issues with us crossing in Dr. Nader's vehicle.

5 hours ago, Franky9208 said:

@GeoHairyea let me know but like you said I’m sure the agents might know the driver since they cross every day but if you don’t mind let me know what Brenda says 

I spoke with Brenda and she said the restrictions don't apply to Americans crossing the border and I should be fine. Time to get the flight tickets and go ahead with the 2 day procedure. I hope the guys on these forums are right because unfortunately Dr. Nader had NO before/after photos which concerns me a little bit.

I just had my procedure this Monday 22 and Tuesday 23. No problems at all. Going in to Mexico the driver just drives right in. No one stops you going in.  Most of the border personnel, on the way back, know the driver. He goes back and forth multiple times everyday. Just have a passport or passport card. That will get you through quicker than drivers license and birth cert. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

I just had my procedure this Monday 22 and Tuesday 23. No problems at all. Going in to Mexico the driver just drives right in. No one stops you going in.  Most of the border personnel, on the way back, know the driver. He goes back and forth multiple times everyday. Just have a passport or passport card. That will get you through quicker than drivers license and birth cert. 

Hey Bill, 

I hope you get a great result. That said, can you create your own thread. This thread is for @Guy73

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

30 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey Bill, 

I hope you get a great result. That said, can you create your own thread. This thread is for @Guy73

Yeah , no worries post all you want here. Just hope others have the success I had with Dr. Nader. 

49 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

I just had 4500 grafts done with Dr. Nader this past Monday and Tuesday. Originally, Dr. Nader had suggested 5500 grafts but changed it to 4500 when he examined me, saving me $1000!  I was most concerned about walking out with a totally buzzed cut, which I've never had, so he used a number 4 clipper on top.  Everything, Guy73 said about him is 100% accurate.  His office was super clean, his staff was super nice and professional. Dr. Nader takes his time and you never feel rushed. My wife and I were the only patients in the office the entire time. Just one surgery per day.  He provided a good lunch each day.  First day took 6 hours; second day took 7 hours. I was nervous going in to Mexico, but the driver was great and everything was fine. Getting in to Mexico took a minute or two and getting back only took about 30 minutes each day. Spring Break was the previous week, and he told us the wait times had been up to 4 hours.  My best advice to anyone interested Dr. Nader is to make sure to contact his office manager, Brenda, when  you email for information.  She will responds very quickly. 

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

That looks nice! Let the waiting game begin!!

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey Bill, 

I wasn't trying to start my own thread. I was trying to give Guy73 props for being so helpful and informative. 

9 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

I wasn't trying to start my own thread. I was trying to give Guy73 props for being so helpful and informative. 

Much appreciated! Feel free to post here any updates. I wish you all success!

Hi Bill, good luck with you're HT. I think the reason Melvin prefers you start you're own thread is so your result with Dr. Nader can be found separately from Guy73's result. This makes it easier for the community to follow your progress and support you.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

For full transparency @Bill Smith asked me to remove his post.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Started growing it out again from buzz cut in February . Almost 2years since last procedure and growing strong 💪.  I remember in the beginning the doctor was not sure about the hairline because I wanted it more aggressive than he originally had drawn out. I am so glad I was able to get away with this. It looks so natural that even I myself forget sometimes I had anything done. 😂

https://imgur.com/a/dPkNKHs

• 5 months later...

Was looking back at some pictures and I am amazed at the tight packing that was done. The picture here shows the outline of my receded hairline. That huge space was completely bald before. This was on my 3rd transplant where I added density in front and crown. 65970272-2F94-41FF-BEB5-D085F0DCC479.thumb.jpeg.f78cc1a532c517edb284b028c8f74c29.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, Guy73 said:

My first procedure a pre op picture502D74A1-749C-42E1-BE59-58092FB0EBEC.jpeg.e9fcf1c69aec8084c74a0a5c4ba83a0d.jpeg

is the zig zag pattern on the hairline followed by the doctor? i really wonder how it comes out 1 year after surgery.  i know  a straight line would look too fake but this seems like it could also come out looking very bad? 

9 hours ago, travelguy1 said:

is the zig zag pattern on the hairline followed by the doctor? i really wonder how it comes out 1 year after surgery.  i know  a straight line would look too fake but this seems like it could also come out looking very bad? 

You can browse through my post. I don’t believe he followed that line closely. My hairline looks so good I myself can’t tell where the old hairline use to be. Even after a buzz cut the blend is so natural and dense. Props to the Doc!  One of the reasons I went FUE. Although many fut procedures turn out good I can almost always tell because it’s a double edge sword pulling out hair from the center line of your head. Thick stalky grafts even single ones seem out of place and unnatural. But I guess that also depends on hair type,color and other factors. Just speaking in general. Sometimes I try and convince my self I was never losing my hair. Lol , if you get anything done no matter fue or fut and can’t figure out the old and new you had one hell of a doctor even if you need 2-3 procedures. Rome wasn’t built in a day!😀

One more lie in the industry, “it not noticeable to most people”.  Let me explain something. If you can notice, someone else can notice. It’s that simple. When you are losing your hair or maybe you have a full head of hair.  You are constantly comparing yourself to someone else. People constantly look at other peoples hair and hairline when talking to each other. It’s just subtle but I am sure you do to. We are all vainly people. 😂

@Guy73 I'm going for my 2nd procedure with Dr. Nader (you're absolutely right, he's AMAZING), my 1st procedure was 4400 graphs in November (15 weeks ago) and the growth has been awesome. The 2nd procedure will be to add density on my hairline and crown. 

My question is what was the reasoning behind doing 3 procedures instead of doing it all in 2 procedures? My second (and final) procedure this November, I'm aiming for another 4000 graphs. I was just wondering if there was a reason you split it up or you were happy after the 2nd and then later decided for one more (3rd) procedure? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Let2Fly said:

@Guy73 I'm going for my 2nd procedure with Dr. Nader (you're absolutely right, he's AMAZING), my 1st procedure was 4400 graphs in November (15 weeks ago) and the growth has been awesome. The 2nd procedure will be to add density on my hairline and crown. 

My question is what was the reasoning behind doing 3 procedures instead of doing it all in 2 procedures? My second (and final) procedure this November, I'm aiming for another 4000 graphs. I was just wondering if there was a reason you split it up or you were happy after the 2nd and then later decided for one more (3rd) procedure? 

I would have love to get all my grafts in 2 procedures. Dr. Nader in the past always favored no more than 3k grafts per session and even preferably 2k grafts. ( he absolutely will do more in some cases. I am just saying what he prefers)For obviously reasons. One there’s a time factor, the second getting the graphs back in the scalp quicker is always going to be more beneficial. I know he uses a good solution to store the grafts. But it’s also a case of blood supply. There’s more risk for the doctor when you make that many incisions to the scalp. Remember each graft placed back into the scalp is fighting for the blood supply in that area and could end up that some graphs don’t survive because too many graphs were placed at one given time. For this reason I was OK with breaking up my procedures if it meant getting the best outcome. That’s why some of these outfits that do 5000 grafts per session can have really great results and then really bad results It just depends on the individual and how their scalp responds. People are Very quick to blame the doctor when things don’t go well but because of fierce competition in the industry doctors want to give patients what they want and hope for the best.
https://imgur.com/a/U6Ff9EH

30 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

I would have love to get all my grafts in 2 procedures. Dr. Nader in the past always favored no more than 3k grafts per session and even preferably 2k grafts. ( he absolutely will do more in some cases. I am just saying what he prefers)For obviously reasons. One there’s a time factor, the second getting the graphs back in the scalp quicker is always going to be more beneficial. I know he uses a good solution to store the grafts. But it’s also a case of blood supply. There’s more risk for the doctor when you make that many incisions to the scalp. Remember each graft placed back into the scalp is fighting for the blood supply in that area and could end up that some graphs don’t survive because too many graphs were placed at one given time. For this reason I was OK with breaking up my procedures if it meant getting the best outcome. That’s why some of these outfits that do 5000 grafts per session can have really great results and then really bad results It just depends on the individual and how their scalp responds. People are Very quick to blame the doctor when things don’t go well but because of fierce competition in the industry doctors want to give patients what they want and hope for the best.
https://imgur.com/a/U6Ff9EH

I definitely understand that. Nader said the same thing and we ended up doing the first procedure over 2 days. Roughly 2200 each day. That was going to be the plan again for the front/crown density this November...barring my donor area supports it which I believe it easily will. Thanks for the info my man!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Need advice. How many grafts do I have left?

I am very happy with my hair but even after my 3 hair transplant my crown was never perfect. I have had two passes on the crown not sure how many grafts because I used many for the front to mid scalp. I have been pretty stable in my hairloss for the last few years using Rogaine but when you turn 50 it’s almost like a clock. No matter what you do Mother Nature takes its course. Honestly at this point I don’t know what’s translated and what’s not I have had soo much hair moved. 
I am going back for a small crown touch up. 
what do you think I have left in my donor? Yes it’s a little thin but I have it buzzed down do a #4 guard. 
let me know your thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/i1IRF6N