Dr. Louis Nader 8300 grafts FUE DHI

Guy73

I found the “ mother” of  all harsh lighting!! I dared myself to go under the light and snap a photo!! Tried to do it quickly sorry if not perfect but to all my fellow guys out there you know exactly the moment you realize density is lacking. 
https://imgur.com/a/glIKN3k

Another thing on density. It’s one thing to be in your car and you say this looks great! Maybe even walking around in your house. People see what you see. I honestly can spot a transplant right away when the density is not there. Why? Because it almost looks like a perfect hairline but you almost can count the hairs coming out of one scalp and most people don’t thin out with perfect hairlines. I was at a Christmas party one time and I was talking to this guy under a intense light. I keep thinking to myself this guys hair is not right. Even worse when a doctor gives you a perfect recession but the density is lacking. It just does not look right in way too many light situations. 

Just now, jjsrader said:

We get it.  You have a perfect result already.  You are in the tiny majority of hair restoration patients.  Keep gloating.

Yo brother, I am being real! You think I got this way in one procedure?? I am explaining the thing that made me self conscious when I am talking to somebody and I notice they glancing at my hairline. No body is perfect but I am giving hope that more than one procedure can overcome some weak points on transplants. 

• Like 1

It just seems like you are all Fabio in your posts - why don't you grow your glorious hair down to your waist in the back & become a model already!!  😆😆

Don't mind me - I'm just having a piss at you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

It just seems like you are all Fabio in your posts - why don't you grow your glorious hair down to your waist in the back & become a model already!!  😆😆

Don't mind me - I'm just having a piss at you.

No worries brother! Hey between you and me, I’d give Brad Pitt competition!😆😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn’t realized where exactly I was at. mid September will be 1 year. So I am almost 11 months. Haven’t been posting on time, sorry about that. This is pretty much it. 
https://imgur.com/a/dOlJPA7

what I am really happy about it how natural it looks. 
stay positive! And never lose hope!

1 minute ago, sandyr said:

Looks Fantastic @Guy73, Congratulations !  I would consider going with Dr. Nader, Is this the right webpage for Dr. Nader to start consultation: https://www.nadermedical.com/

That’s it! I think he’s been working on the website as of late. I would just email a few times you’ll get through. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

12 month update. Haven’t had a haircut either. wet and dry pictures under bright lights. All and all it’s been a journey. I would like to thank Doctor Nader for the results. 
https://imgur.com/a/coeuRzr

✌️✌️✌️

Did you even had hair loss? O_O

One of the best results I've seen!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

3 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Did you even had hair loss? O_O

One of the best results I've seen!

Thanks for the compliment. I watch your YouTube videos. You will get there to. The video you did on DHI fue is spot on. It’s not a marketing tool as some say and gives you the most natural look. 

https://imgur.com/a/dOlJPA7

@Guy73, with so many units extracted, how does your donor feel? Any lingering effects or loss of sensation?

As for the long hair thing, this was me prior to my procedure:

LongHair.jpg.44a8af29bdc89a0ca828d7b4692144ec.jpg

I was NW3 in that photo and had to part my hair in the middle to cover up the receded corners. Locked in the hair around the corners with titanium-hold hairspray. But I pulled it off though! Always wanted long hair. Will keep my hair short during the recovery process (now 2 months in), but can't wait to grow it out again. This time I can allow it to be free-flowing as it should be!

5 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

@Guy73, with so many units extracted, how does your donor feel? Any lingering effects or loss of sensation?

As for the long hair thing, this was me prior to my procedure:

LongHair.jpg.44a8af29bdc89a0ca828d7b4692144ec.jpg

I was NW3 in that photo and had to part my hair in the middle to cover up the receded corners. Locked in the hair around the corners with titanium-hold hairspray. But I pulled it off though! Always wanted long hair. Will keep my hair short during the recovery process (now 2 months in), but can't wait to grow it out again. This time I can allow it to be free-flowing as it should be!

Yeah donor feels normal. Does not feel like anything was done. I am sure if I take it down to a 1 or 2 guard it might seem thin. But not sure because I am looking to cut my hair anytime soon. The only thing about long hair I notice, is you lose more of it when washing and brushing. Definitely noticeable than short hair. It seems to grow back because I don’t have any areas of concern. I will say the longer you grow your hair out the more your density or lack of will show.  I am at the point where density is not a issue is any light. 
how many grafts did you get? Love to see your final results! Keep us updated!

59 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Yeah donor feels normal. Does not feel like anything was done. I am sure if I take it down to a 1 or 2 guard it might seem thin. But not sure because I am looking to cut my hair anytime soon. The only thing about long hair I notice, is you lose more of it when washing and brushing. Definitely noticeable than short hair. It seems to grow back because I don’t have any areas of concern. I will say the longer you grow your hair out the more your density or lack of will show.  I am at the point where density is not a issue is any light.

I can definitely attest to more hair being shed when it is long. I literally had to detassle my brush like corn after every shower. Then there was the hairs that needed to be scooped from from the shower drain after every shower. I started fin and min just before the HT. I must have had so much hair before despite being a NW3 for the 10+ years my hair was long. Wish I had started medical treatment sooner. Hairloss has stopped. Though right now if I am losing hair, it is much harder to see as each hair is about .25"-.5" long.

59 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

how many grafts did you get? Love to see your final results! Keep us updated!

My procedure was estimated for 2250 grafts. Ended up with 2337. Results at the early 2-month point are good, not great, certainly not elite. Surgical techniques used in my procedure leave a lot to be desired. I am definitely documenting my journey here though. Come stop by and comment.

So if I may comment further regarding Nader's work on you, it is truly absolutely elite. 3 key things I take away from his work on you plus 1 key thing about DHI:

1. I particularly am observant of the fact that he placed grafts randomly throughout your entire recipient area, mimicking nature. No comprises were made for a gain in time needed to be spent in the surgery room. I've seen some surgeons randomly place grafts near the hairline, then start punching in linear rows towards the crown. Then there are surgeons who only place in rows (sadly, that is how my surgeon does things).
  2. Secondly, we've all seen great transplants that have that "It's so good, it has to be fake feel." to it. Pretty much, it is the same reaction when we see a woman with a great breasts under a form fitting top, "They look so nice, they have to be fake." Your hairline has that nature made quality to it. No hint of artificial enhancement whatsoever.
  3. 8300 units were punched out of the sides and back of your head!!!???? It's almost like I can call you out for bullshit on that one. But I can't as I know it to be true. Unfugginbelievable.
  4. Lastly, DHI. Being that the placement in DHI pierces the skin and is therefore a surgical operation. Surgical procedures ethically and perhaps legally should only be done by a surgeon, then DHI pretty much guarantees that the doctor is doing both the extraction and placement. In-experienced/ill-equipped techs don't perform the work; they are only there to assist. It truly is a rarity to have find a surgeon that performs the actual placement in FUE or FUT. But safe to say, the real marketing advantage of DHI, provided you have work done by an ethical clinic is that the doctor is performing the placement? If so, I will add DHI clinics to my short list should I ever seek out additional work to be done on me.

Thanks for sharing. Eye-opening stuff and congrats!

Edited by jimcraig152

@jimcraig152 you are definitely knowledgeable on the subject and right on target! The only thing I am not sure if other DHI doctors do, Dr Nader makes incisions prior to using the implant  punch tool. I forget the reason behind it but also the blunt tip has something to do with his technique. Either way his skill is definitely elite and sometimes over looked. No comb forward or parted to the side results here, just a reality of my true results. I see other amazing results here also so plenty of other good doctors. I will check out your post for sure!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy73 said:

@jimcraig152 you are definitely knowledgeable on the subject and right on target! The only thing I am not sure if other DHI doctors do, Dr Nader makes incisions prior to using the implant  punch tool. I forget the reason behind it but also the blunt tip has something to do with his technique. Either way his skill is definitely elite and sometimes over looked. No comb forward or parted to the side results here, just a reality of my true results. I see other amazing results here also so plenty of other good doctors. I will check out your post for sure!!

I believe all of the doctors do this because the angle of the slit helps the doctor place each hair at the correct angle. I've been to Nader twice and am very happy but your results are incredible! After this pandemic, I'll most likely see Dr. Nader one last time :)

Edited by pidds
  • Like 2

• Administrators

DHI in my opinion is one big hype job, almost all of the black market clinics do DHI. One of the best clinics in the world Hasson and Wong don't do DHI. The lateral slit technique has been the gold standard for over a decade, and this technique which stipulates the surgeon create the slits and the technicians place the grafts has been the gold standard for ever. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

DHI in my opinion is one big hype job, almost all of the black market clinics do DHI. One of the best clinics in the world Hasson and Wong don't do DHI. The lateral slit technique has been the gold standard for over a decade, and this technique which stipulates the surgeon create the slits and the technicians place the grafts has been the gold standard for ever. 

Melvin you are totally wrong. First of all Hasson and Wong recently have implemented DHI in their practice. In fact Dr. Nader talk to Dr. Wong at a convention where Dr. Wong was impressed with his technique and was using the same. You could also confirm that from Joe Tillman whose last procedure was done DHI by Dr. Wong.Second the slit thing is common but in conjunction with a implanter pen it is not. Many clinics that do DHI do not make slits but I am sure some do. But I think the whole design of the implanter pen is to be direct implant hence the term DHI. 

2 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Melvin you are totally wrong. First of all Hasson and Wong recently have implemented DHI in their practice. In fact Dr. Nader talk to Dr. Wong at a convention where Dr. Wong was impressed with his technique and was using the same. You could also confirm that from Joe Tillman whose last procedure was done DHI by Dr. Wong.Second the slit thing is common but in conjunction with a implanter pen it is not. Many clinics that do DHI do not make slits but I am sure some do. But I think the whole design of the implanter pen is to be direct implant hence the term DHI. 

Apparenlty Wong uses DHI / Implanters for FUE but Hasson doesn't.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

6 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Apparenlty Wong uses DHI / Implanters for FUE but Hasson doesn't.

Yeah I’m glad you mentioned it also because I said this almost a year ago because Dr. Nader mentioned it to me. But nobody seem to believe me. Then I seeing Joe Tillman on his last procedure explaining Dr. Wong using a new technique DHI. That just confirms it. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Guy73 said:

That’s not what I was told by Doug their patient coordinator for the past 20 years.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s not what I was told by Doug their patient coordinator for the past 20 years. 

Good interview. Yeah something must have convinced DR. Wong in the last 2 or so years that changed his mind. You have to remember many of the seasoned experience doctors go to these conventions and other events and pick up bits and pieces and might change direction. I know Dr. Nader did fut for many years before switching to DHI fue. Regardless it’s not some black market thing. If you think about it, it’s possibly easier to place direction of hair and the ability to get closer together with DHI.