Dr. Louis Nader 8300 grafts FUE DHI

Guy73

I may be misremembering, but my recollection from the description of Doctor Wong's method was that he was still doing premade slits but utilizing pens for the implantation of the grafts in order to minimize graft handling. This doesn't sound like it's full blown DHI so much as simply implementing part of it.

Don't quote me on this though, because it's been a while since I've seen the video.

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I may be misremembering, but my recollection from the description of Doctor Wong's method was that he was still doing premade slits but utilizing pens for the implantation of the grafts in order to minimize graft handling. This doesn't sound like it's full blown DHI so much as simply implementing part of it.

Don't quote me on this though, because it's been a while since I've seen the video.

You are exactly right! Dr Nader started doing that technique back in 2004 or so I believe and said he had better or just as good results than his FUT and made the switch. That’s why I said dr Nader still makes slits but still uses the pen tool.  Dr Wong recently started the same technique or at least has used it. Not sure how often he does. 

Edited by Guy73
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 7:56 PM, LonelyGraft said:

I had this experience when I first began researching. Sent a detailed email with pics never recieved a response back.

After not receiving a reply after several emails, I was referred to Dr. Nader by a friend who was a patient. 

In order to secure an appointment, my friend called Dr. Nader's office (after emailing and not hearing back.) 

I would suggest calling his office.

• 4 weeks later...

I always new how my results would turn out by looking at the space between grafts after about the 10 mark before the shedding starts. Also you know you are at good density when it’s hard to tell where the the transplanted hair is. Anyone who shaves their head down can probably see a vague pattern of original loss. Achieving a buzzed look that blends perfectly is hard to do. 
https://imgur.com/a/MWsJkE1

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Almost have this hair long enough to tie up!!😄 what a journey but now I am reaping the rewards!! I can honestly say my hair blends together so well, I even forget that I ever even had hairloss. 🤔lol

https://imgur.com/a/xE1n6lF

• Like 4

Brad Pitt Legends of the Fall-type work there @Guy73. You don't suffer from hair loss anymore brother! Agree with the buzz down look in your prior post. Angle, direction, random placement. The doc has to put the time in if transplanted hair is to be indistinguishable from natural hair with buzzed low hair. So much flexibility with your what you can do with your hair when that is achieved.

Silly question about your personal safety. Did you feel in any way you were in jeopardy at any time? I read about travel to Reynosa and there is mention of daily gunfire. The presence of Cartels. Did you feel in anyway there was any hint of danger in your 3 trips to Dr. Nader's office?

2 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Brad Pitt Legends of the Fall-type work there @Guy73. You don't suffer from hair loss anymore brother! Agree with the buzz down look in your prior post. Angle, direction, random placement. The doc has to put the time in if transplanted hair is to be indistinguishable from natural hair with buzzed low hair. So much flexibility with your what you can do with your hair when that is achieved.

Silly question about your personal safety. Did you feel in any way you were in jeopardy at any time? I read about travel to Reynosa and there is mention of daily gunfire. The presence of Cartels. Did you feel in anyway there was any hint of danger in your 3 trips to Dr. Nader's office?

Thanks 🙏! Very happy with these results. I can honestly say and think the survival rate of my grafts from all procedures was very high. I never once thought things s didn’t grow. But most of my work was all done with a .007 .008 punch giving a undetectable result!  
safety? Never once felt afraid. His driver is very good and it’s not far from border. I am sure the internet can scare people once you start to google places up, but it looked very quite on the streets when I looked out the window of the car. If you want high end results without the high end price Nader is a must to look into. I laugh 😆 evertime I hear a doctor promoting fut over fue because they imply fut results are better and the gold standard. I have seen good results from both but DHI fue for me any day of the week! Just pick a doctor who does the implanting also and doesn’t leave everything to assistants. 

• Like 1

With those results you got, I am over the moon for you. Hot damn! What were you, a Norwood 5, now a 0? And 100% via FUE? Can't be real. Some serious merit with DHI when we see your work. Those graft bulbs definitely were protected during implantation. Can't go from NW5->NW0 over 8300 FUE grafts if the yield isn't high.

There is this recent thread about Dr. Couto's work. Couto is talked about as sort of the Masamune of hair transplantation and it shows. But I'll be darned if I look at the early results compared to your 10-day mark if I can tell the difference. Which guy below had work done by the acknowledged master?

masamune.jpg.92f50874beb3584ab74b9f8229155eeb.jpg

The pricing is just a bonus. Thanks for posting and the education brutha. Much appreciated.

Edited by jimcraig152

2 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

With those results you got, I am over the moon for you. Hot damn! What were you, a Norwood 5, now a 0? And 100% via FUE? Can't be real. Some serious merit with DHI when we see your work. Those graft bulbs definitely were protected during implantation. Can't go from NW5->NW0 over 8300 FUE grafts if the yield isn't high.

There is this recent thread about Dr. Couto's work. Couto is talked about as sort of the Masamune of hair transplantation and it shows. But I'll be darned if I look at the early results compared to your 10-day mark if I can tell the difference. Which guy is guy below had work done by an acknowledged master?

masamune.jpg.92f50874beb3584ab74b9f8229155eeb.jpg

The pricing is just a bonus. Thanks for posting and the education brutha. Much appreciated.

Very much appreciate the compliment! I am glad to give hope to other people. Doctor Nader is one of those guys who really cares. If your not happy he will go out of his way to get you back in the chair and do his best to achieve the results your looking for. He really enjoys his work and it shows. My last visit after the procedure we sat a talked a bit, after we shook hands I was about to leave. I said don’t I have to pay you? Oh yeah I almost forgot he said. 😆because that’s the kind of guy he is. He is so involved and personal with everyone just make you feel Like family. ☺️

absolutely!! Two Jedi masters!!!

your right! If your 10 day mark can look like a undetectable buzz cut with density and natural hair direction your likely end results are going to be great!! 

• Like 1

Two words - HOLY F*&K! It almost feels like you came here to troll us all haha

Of course 8300 grafts is a lot of grafts, but damn this looks good! Do you happen to know some finer details of your surgeries? I'm a bit of a HT nerd 🤓, so would be curious to know your hair caliber, average hair per graft, grafts/cm2 in total etc :D

• Like 2

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

9 hours ago, Guy73 said:

Almost have this hair long enough to tie up!!😄 what a journey but now I am reaping the rewards!! I can honestly say my hair blends together so well, I even forget that I ever even had hairloss. 🤔lol

https://imgur.com/a/xE1n6lF

Your transplanted hair is amazing, I envy it LOL. Thanks for sharing anyway, it boost up my interest to have my hair transplant done soon too. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Two words - HOLY F*&K! It almost feels like you came here to troll us all haha

Of course 8300 grafts is a lot of grafts, but damn this looks good! Do you happen to know some finer details of your surgeries? I'm a bit of a HT nerd 🤓, so would be curious to know your hair caliber, average hair per graft, grafts/cm2 in total etc :D

Not sure my hair caliber🤔I know I have very fine hair. I do know a .07 and .08mm punch was used. Now as far as grafts per square obviously it’s not the same in my crown as the front but in know in the front all the way to about mid scalp it’s got to be close to 100 grafts per sq. How do I figure that? Simple , Dr. Nader started out conservative in basically all my procedures to have the best possible yield. When he draws out the grid before surgery he marks 35 grafts per grid. He went over the same area 3 times 1 year apart from each. This gives me approximately 100grafts per square. I know he did count some square centimeters in front after the third and it was 100. Some people here say it’s impossible I would agree if you’re trying to do that in one shot but mine were spread out between three different procedures and the results speak for themselves.

The only downside to a conservative approach is going back to get an area reworked. But on the upside the survival rate is better. I’m not sure how he works now maybe he does 40-45 hair per sq cm but I know in my case that’s how it was done. I always knew the first transplant was not gonna be suffice I was OK with going back and planned on it. Also think the DHI approach gives the surgeon a better tool for angles and direction of hair along with the ability to place hairs super close together that traditional fue and forceps might not be able to do as efficiently. Just my 2 cents on that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Not sure my hair caliber🤔I know I have very fine hair. I do know a .07 and .08mm punch was used. Now as far as grafts per square obviously it’s not the same in my crown as the front but in know in the front all the way to about mid scalp it’s got to be close to 100 grafts per sq. How do I figure that? Simple , Dr. Nader started out conservative in basically all my procedures to have the best possible yield. When he draws out the grid before surgery he marks 35 grafts per grid. He went over the same area 3 times 1 year apart from each. This gives me approximately 100grafts per square. I know he did count some square centimeters in front after the third and it was 100. Some people here say it’s impossible I would agree if you’re trying to do that in one shot but mine were spread out between three different procedures and the results speak for themselves.

The only downside to a conservative approach is going back to get an area reworked. But on the upside the survival rate is better. I’m not sure how he works now maybe he does 40-45 hair per sq cm but I know in my case that’s how it was done. I always knew the first transplant was not gonna be suffice I was OK with going back and planned on it. Also think the DHI approach gives the surgeon a better tool for angles and direction of hair along with the ability to place hairs super close together that traditional fue and forceps might not be able to do as efficiently. Just my 2 cents on that. 

Very good approach. I feel like exactly in the same shoes like you were once. 10 months in after my first round. Had up to 55 grafts/cm2 in the hairline, but because my hair is very thin (~50nm) it doesn't look as thick.
I do believe you on 100 grafts/cm2. Did you have a lot of native hair in those areas to begin with or is it 100% transplanted density?
I'm going after exact same approach. Step by step. With 1 surgery for high norwood level is impossible to achieve outstanding result, especially if hair shaft diameter is fine like ours.
Thanks for your response!

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

1 hour ago, Rolandas said:

Very good approach. I feel like exactly in the same shoes like you were once. 10 months in after my first round. Had up to 55 grafts/cm2 in the hairline, but because my hair is very thin (~50nm) it doesn't look as thick.
I do believe you on 100 grafts/cm2. Did you have a lot of native hair in those areas to begin with or is it 100% transplanted density?
I'm going after exact same approach. Step by step. With 1 surgery for high norwood level is impossible to achieve outstanding result, especially if hair shaft diameter is fine like ours.
Thanks for your response!

I had almost a bare front starting out. 
https://imgur.com/a/yNVF9ls

I know for dr. Nader said he would try and mimic a double graft by placing 2 singles close together because of my fine hair. You and me have a similar hair type so I would recommend the same approach even if it takes longer for a finished result. 

5 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

I had almost a bare front starting out. 
https://imgur.com/a/yNVF9ls

I know for dr. Nader said he would try and mimic a double graft by placing 2 singles close together because of my fine hair. You and me have a similar hair type so I would recommend the same approach even if it takes longer for a finished result. 

Ehh, not that bare :D I'm slick bald in the front (had maybe 13 hairs haha)

Follow me on YouTube

1 minute ago, Rolandas said:

Ehh, not that bare :D I'm slick bald in the front (had maybe 13 hairs haha)

Lol, yeah I had a lot of skin showing that’s for sure. I probably even lost most of those stragglers by now! Lol 

I watch your YouTube channel, so you will definitely get there. Can’t wait for the upcoming  “Rolandas man bun” tutorials!😄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Lol, yeah I had a lot of skin showing that’s for sure. I probably even lost most of those stragglers by now! Lol 

I watch your YouTube channel, so you will definitely get there. Can’t wait for the upcoming  “Rolandas man bun” tutorials!😄

Nah man, my girlfriend keeps nagging me to cut my hair short. Man bun won't going to happen! haha

In any way I'm comparing myself to myself. I'm already ahead of how I looked, and to be honest, I'm already ahead of my entire family haha But nevertheless I'm happy for your result. Truly a game changer and I'm hoping to get "to the other side" soon too :D

Follow me on YouTube

Bravo man, bravo! Your results are truly fantastic. And your donor area looks fresh even after 8k+ grafts! 

Goes to show FUE can be good for large amounts of harvesting too. It's just a matter of the doctor having the right skills. I wish all HT doctors would evolve and stop leaving grotesque strip scars in the back of patient heads!

Edited by JohnBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Hey man, why is that? Could you elaborate?

I believe that is in reference to this case where the patient didn't get great density. As I understand it, not all patients get good density. Luck of the draw it seems. But that makes Dr. Nader no different than any other surgeon.

My surgeon is known for producing great yield and density. But then look at this father and son's results here. So yeah, luck of the draw and thus would make Dr. Nader no different than any other surgeon.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

I believe that is in reference to this case where the patient didn't get great density. As I understand it, not all patients get good density. Luck of the draw it seems. But that makes Dr. Nader no different than any other surgeon.

My surgeon is known for producing great yield and density. But then look at this father and son's results here. So yeah, luck of the draw and thus would make Dr. Nader no different than any other surgeon.

As soon as you start posting again, posts start getting reported again. What on earth do these cases have to do with this thread. You’re taking a break till after the holidays. 

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

@JohnBob

These cases have nothing to do with this thread. Please do not de-rail this thread, as did Jim.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.