FUT session with Dr. Diep 3500-4000 grafts

Cahustler

10 hours ago, Arslan20 said:

Hi. Hope you are doing good . Could you mention the price per graft and also why you did not go for FUE?

Comes to about $5 per.

i didn’t want multiple surgeries.

FUE would require 2 sittings. i simply don’t think I wanted to go through it...and I hear FUT supposedly has better yield..but not so sure

the guys that have done FUT told and showed me their scar and is undetectable .

but would I ever do it again? No .

i would probably do FUE the next go if I ever would go back to the table and try to cover up the scar in the process.

if you want or need advice I’d suggest you create a thread, tell them about your history and post pics ... most people here are helpful.. you’ll always have a couple of dipshits here and there but 90% +  here are good people.. if you need larger grafts amount people lean FUT but the technology is getting better and better where some clinics can do a shitload in one day (FUE) that would be an ideal choice

5 months in. 
cant say I’m ecstatic. I have seen better 5 months results . I’m looking forward to  month 6. I haven’t given up. Still using minoxidil and recently homemade minoxidil + finasteride . 

thinking about a possible Addition 6 month amnio injection if it doesn’t improve. Here is hoping for more coverage so I can at least do a freakin comb over of the crown... but I swear it does look better in person than under the camera... why is that?

AFADBB6F-17B0-4008-90A9-319B4C47170D.jpeg

727F7C22-B8BF-40FA-99C9-A65BB92CBE45.jpeg

D89F98E4-EB76-48F6-BE69-2E42E0D67B56.jpeg

14A31876-B03E-4218-93FD-81152D4FB59B.jpeg

F524D454-627C-44B8-9407-BADF0C24F583.jpeg

CCF349CC-4071-4B24-BA07-F9B00DD47EB1.jpeg

E16C174B-6BBF-41D8-B74F-8E98165CC594.jpeg

AFFCE0E6-FA0C-4638-9EFF-B834EB49F376.jpeg

I can see improvements from your starting out point. At 5 months now I’m sure it’s just going to keep getting better. Maybe your just a slower grower. You certainly chose a excellent Dr so I can’t see any reason why you won’t end up with a really good result. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I’d love to see an update as well, hope you’re doing well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well folks I apologize for not being on lately. Just going through tough times . I’m sure I’m not the only one 

here are some 9 months update.

in short, the front top and sides are amazing as I see it. 

it’s just the crown that I’m not happy with. Although I see growth but I don’t think it’ll be much better.

all in all I don’t regret the decision to get the procedure. In fact I haven’t been able to hand brush my hair back or style the front until now. if only they were able to extract more to fill the crown. It’s crazy but in my bathroom LED white lighting the back looks great. But reality in regular lights it’s obviously showing a lot of scalp. The front however I could not be more pleased. 

more to come and feedbacks welcome 

65730C5F-307C-4AE0-B13D-A3ABA1989FC5.jpeg

82E2DBC2-4FDB-4CA0-A7AF-E1EDE6DDDDD3.jpeg

5ACE4E04-30E8-4827-A02E-72AB0D404EA6.jpeg

16FF9E83-102E-4B54-8D49-563952B0884F.jpeg

7630C33C-1B4A-477F-92F0-6F962F488ECE.jpeg

Edited by Cahustler
  • Like 1

Added one more . All is good until the very back where I see a lot of scalp.

oh well. I just turned 50 so I’m guessing it’s not bad looking for being 50. 

funny story I tried to dye my hair burgundy and it didn’t work because of my dark hair. I went to the salon and told the salon gal it didn’t work.

she said yes it worked your hair is all black, I said this is my regular color 😡😡😡

knock on wood , at my age it can grey any minute 😂 

3E443E5E-D5E3-4927-AC18-135B1F6989AC.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

The front looks absolutely awesome man 👊 as for the crown, it's not that bad. You will definitely need another procedure some day to work the crown. But the transformation has been dramatic. Sorry to hear about the hard times. I guess the good thing is now you have a great head of hair 😁

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Cahustler said:

not sure if i would want another procedure or be content at 50.

If i get FUE can it cover up the FUT scar too?

I mean it looks good, the front is super solid. The crown, as expected could use more grafts. In my opinion, you’re better off using concealers in the crown. Now that you got some hairs there, it’ll definitely work well.

View my thread

Funny now i always brush my hair back with my fingers/hand lol

because i can...i stopped cutting the front and top for 6 months now.

i will just let it grow for another 6-12 months. just trimmed it evenly.

heck maybe it will be long enough a bit of the crown too haha

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I mean it looks good, the front is super solid. The crown, as expected could use more grafts. In my opinion, you’re better off using concealers in the crown. Now that you got some hairs there, it’ll definitely work well.

i guess so, but honestly i am not anal about it. i am not a young cat so some hair loss should be expected.

Not a true fan of concealers although Dermatch works amazingly well for me. If i want to dress up one day and go all out i may consider. i still got a full thing of dermatch. i used it 4-6 months but i had a cap mostly.

I am still using minoxidil and some topical homemade fin at the crown only

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Cahustler said:

Funny now i always brush my hair back with my fingers/hand lol

because i can...i stopped cutting the front and top for 6 months now.

i will just let it grow for another 6-12 months. just trimmed it evenly.

heck maybe it will be long enough a bit of the crown too haha

You should slick it back, it will definitely cover the crown. I mean the front looks legit. You’ve definitely turned back the hands of time. Glad you came back and updated us. Hope everything starts to turn around for you. I hope the government will help out more than $600. Thats not even a fraction of rent in California. 

View my thread