FUT session with Dr. Diep 3500-4000 grafts

Cahustler

• Administrators

Glad you’re sharing your journey man, it’s going to be amazing to see the change.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you again Melvin for your patience and understanding in answering most of our questions to the best of your knowledge. Surprisingly I’m actually feeling less pain today although I’ll take more meds this evening. I’m glad the most dreadful part is over.. the numbing meds are the worst part and the 13 hrs sit in.

i must of had like 70-80 injections that day and there are times I actually screamed out loud and the doctor told me to quiet down lol. 

I am Noticing the hairs implanted are very coarse and very tough because  they’re from the back of your head, will they fall off and softer hairs will grow? Of course I am clueless when it comes to this . Any insight would be greatly appreciated 

Day 4, donor is sore. Will keep taking pain killers until that subsides. Sleeping is not the greatest feeling on a neck pillow. And the donor is bothering me a bit. Eye was swollen yesterday. 

was wanting to shave off the side hairs to try and even out the hairs. And just overall less hair to deal with after the ointments .

started to wash the recipient hairs today.

basically just rinse with medicated shampoo. I hope the grafts are secured 

but I will wait till day 8 and give the head a good wash and massage. Will have my daughter take more pics later today. 

day 4-5 

Here are a few more pics . 
just got a buzz cut... 

couldn’t deal with the long hair.

what do y’all think so far?

it seems obvious they packed the front and mid scalp more heavily than the crown but I’m glad to see some work on the crown. my eyes are swollen and the top is turning white after a shower?

i can’t wait till day 8 to give it a good scrub

F55EC702-9D64-4DB4-B8B5-6B6451F91A54.jpeg

1125DB7F-D06A-42EA-AC43-50D471481EF2.png

93BE5DD1-D095-47F0-AE07-A1E0F0E36AF6.png

57AAD363-14EB-4C3A-8FCB-40E6E9D9363F.png

Edited by Cahustler

If I was a betting man I would bet that Diep got this one right and it is gonna be a total success. Scar is looking really good this early and the grafts look nice, clean and dense.  Did you get prp or acell or anything? Good luck with everything by the way. 👏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Sam.

is that shockloss around the scar already? I have some too more on one side than the other. 

8 hours ago, Sam818 said:

If I was a betting man I would bet that Diep got this one right ...(thank you, I hope you’re right) 

Did you get prp or acell .. (I ended up with Amniofix) it went up to $600. I did bring up the fact that it was $500 when I was quoted and the price given was supposedly good for a year. Well the price went up he said .

are you going to keep questioning the man with a knife to your head? As many members have said, when you’re paying this much already for the procedure what’s another $5-600? I hope it has or will help with the healing process and perhaps with the growth. Who knows

Edited by Cahustler

Day 6 night 

today is the first day I haven’t taken any pain meds. Donor still bothers me a bit but not enough for me to jump on the meds. I’m still taking meds for infection and using ointments . I’m applying medical shampoo directly to donor and sprinkle on recipient area as instructed. Some parts of donor is starting to itch which tells me it’s healing.. so I’m guessing day 8 I can start using my shampoo to wash the grafted area? It feels like a beard so I’m not sure how to wash it?

AE14BE77-F39B-440C-8FC9-931B6B42EDAB.jpeg

01482C6D-E6BD-4C9F-8BCF-5D3626BABE2E.jpeg

A8BFF962-D109-4EDE-89A0-98CE3F4C7086.jpeg

A2E19758-5C65-4326-B10D-0815E138ED9F.jpeg

BE038195-A412-48FC-B496-E1A1F474943B.jpeg

Day 8, SCABS , Scabs scabs Crusts

after a 20 min wash I’ve gotten out a lot of scabs but it’s nonstop . I’ll give it another go tonight . Some hairs came out with the scabs or crusts. I think that’s normal?  Donor is itchy not much pain. I think it’s a good sign when the wound starts to itch. 

F16CB5AA-D046-4E65-9F1D-6CFC7909B48F.jpeg

I scrubbed none stop lol nice and easy and slowly until nothing was left. 

Once I started I couldn’t stop.

• Haha 1

Yea completely.

• Thanks 1

No problem. Next step is staple removal, shedding and finally growth with some maturing after that. Long road ahead lol. 

• Thanks 1