FUT session with Dr. Diep 3500-4000 grafts

Cahustler

47 minutes ago, SWdan said:

Mine fell out pretty quick, I think around two or three weeks.  It's absolutely normal to think think they'll not grow back in. But around the three or four month mark the little guys start coming up. 

Amen 🙏 

• Thanks 1

So I have an hour before I crack open my first beer of the day and start cooking so here I am again. Went ahead and evened out my hair so it sort of blends in length wise. From now on I’ll let it grow native and new hairs and hope somehow physics work its thing and blends in together. 

looking back at my married life , an overweight balding man, did I care what I looked like? Not really ... (that’s why I’m single now) great dad , but that can only get you so far.. after she left and I looked at myself I knew I was in trouble . The weight came off some and I jumped on finasteride , I’ve met my share of women on dating apps, Old flames , however needs to get it done I did it. That’s until I couldn’t perform sometimes , not even with the help of big blue. We all know all frustrating and embarrassing that could be and most of the time there are no 2nd chances to redeem yourself..

I did however saw significant growth with finasteride but now I’m beginning to think that was the cause .  Another year goes by mostly by virtual intimacy because at this point I wasn’t willing to risk a 50% success rate in getting to the finish line. HT was mostly out of the question due to my fear of needles . What are my choices? perhaps I can find someone willing to accept half the man I am and half the hair of most men? In mid 2019 I met someone I thought a potential to become a life partner , that’s when I decide to give up fin and I know for a fact it would take a few weeks till I see the sides reversed . My plan worked , I got my libido back and it took a few months for my hair to fall again, and she fell head over heels for me but unfortunately things ended not working out... oh well , now I didn’t notice how much was coming out until my salon lady kept saying stuffs and my kids commenting how patchy my hairs were.i started minoxidil in place of fin by now but I want to say probably too little to late.

this is when I decide to lurk here and started researching about this HT thing everyone was fussing about. After a few consultations , asking tons of questions on here (thank you folks) I decided to plunk down a payment to reserve a spot in May, I want to say I lucked out because they’re mostly a years wait. Of course I get notifications regarding cancellation and I turned them all down because again my fear of needles, pain , and just a hassle .in January when my relationship ended that’s when I decided I need to start taking care of myself and I was invited to travel this summer . Then I asked myself what if I can get this over with now and by the summer I can actually travel? That’s when I decide to just do it....and took the cancellation that was offered to me. And of course we probably won’t be able to travel given the state we are in lol

i want to say ...wait got a visitor 

Be back later

508E552C-FB5A-4B82-9F98-8BFFDE73FF91.jpeg

• Administrators

Intriguing read, and it seemed similar to my story with Fin. I think you’re old enough to know where your headed norwood 5, and with this procedure, I think it’s gonna really transform your appearance. Hindsight m, you chose the perfect time to get an HT. No one’s gonna see you for a few months. You get to go through the ugly duckling phase in relative obscurity. I can see why your thread is already very popular, in a years time I hope this is all over and you got yourself a nice lady friend and nice set of hair.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin... you’re always encouraging ... I know there are points to the story if not given one already. Here is the continuance...

so far, I’ve tried finasteride and as I mentioned , I had some of the finest ladies naked in bed and all I could do was stare and of course there were no 2nd chances given , even with flowers sent... I’m sure some of us has also been through situations like this. I keep telling myself there is a god out there and somehow , one day I will just wake up and get my manhood back.. and he will probably throw in an extra 2-3 inches to compensate... 😂 NOT!! I knew I had to stop and I planned it pretty well. Note : I’m sure some of you have no issues and god blessed you ...he really did! 

In general, when you’re a middle (all aged Honestly) income balding man, you’re pretty much screwed unless you have a sense of humor which I kinda do, if not by the ladies it will be by your own self esteem. I am my own worst critic, I remember in 7th grade I skipped a class because I couldn’t get the hairspray to style my hair a certain way...I’m the person that looks in the mirror every freaking morning, after sex and at night. Everyone of my intimate lady friends say it’s ok (some just stay silence but you know they’re looking) to be bald, just shave it all off, some tells me, your bald spot and getting bigger and even makes fun of me, we all try to hide the bald spots to our own Eyes and the public, yes we know it’s there and most people would care less but since you’re your own worst critic you need to do something... and that’s why you’re here. this surgery will be a point that dictates where the rest of my time will be , (Assuming we all live through the Coronavirus, it would fucking suck if you die after a HT right?)...whether it’s a success , I go from here to point A , otherwise maybe I take another path, let’s call it B. Simply because the confidence it gives you to do certain things, plan certain things or say fuck it and accept what it is. 

the surgery itself went ok, I remembered the day before I arrived at a hotel, went to the office to get pain scripts and drove to Costco and picked up some meds and the lady called me from office saying she forget to get me scrubs... I must say some things can be a little better organized by this office... they had asked me for repeat photos which I’ve already sent , but of course if my HT turns out great then none of you are allowed to talk bad about them. Basically, I wasn’t explained or know what to expect.. they’re just too damn busy raking and counting the benjamins ? Who knows? that night I couldn’t sleep, too excited or nervous . I really didn’t want to do it, go through it ...so I opened up my phone and looked at my worst photos . The bald spots and I’m like, I need to do it. I’m not going to go into details about the surgery as most of you already how that shit went.. you’re always welcome to PM me and ask anything. I’m beyond an open book. Now I get my HT, without a steady income and a loan to pay off I am thinking what happens now, can I pay the bank off with hair? 

I remember me never liked traveling anywhere especially internationally because they wouldn’t allow me to smoke in flights, that’s how addicted I was to cigarettes, I wanted to share that because of the transplant, I have given up on this nasty habit for about a month now. I do sneak one in here and there but this is how determined I wanted to change my life . I just hope I can keep it off. Ok I’m pretty much done here and before I sign off I wanted to say yes my ex-wife did leave me for a younger, fitter man with a full head of hair. Strangely His hairs are mostly white (salt and pepper according to my daughter) now from what I saw on my daughters phone. I think it’s Karma 😂 he’s almost 10 years younger than me. I know, white hairs are better than bald, most if not all my hairs are still black but Imagine if I can get more of it ? sorry guys I’m just bored under quarantine so I kept rambling on .....peace out ✌️ 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LonelyGraft said:

Wtf can u take a pic with light over ur head? That’s insane if growing already 

Lol I’m sorry brother.. it’s an April fools joke.. in light of quarantine... it’s toppik..

I Was testing it out in case I need to video chat with some lady, this and the dim lights.. I might be able to pull it off?

at least until 3-4 mos when I hopefully will see growth..

forgive my silliness 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

@Cahustler 

The toppik looks pretty dang good. I can’t tell at all.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yeah I’ve had the bottle for a few years. Never could get myself to use it... but if the situation called for it I will and hope that won’t be an issue in the future if we should ever meet in real life. And if any chance I can’t grow the transplanted hair I will most likely disappear and ghost the girl and then go into hiding. That is if we even go that far.. sadly our hair or lack of it sometimes dictates how we live our life but it’s true.

at this point I just want my old thinning hair back lol... but of course if I get results in a few months I’ll say otherwise..anyone felt this way during the first few months

Edited by Cahustler

Day 38 

nothing much going on with my head, the scar is starting to crust so that’s a good feel, part of my head still numb ..scar is still tender to sleep on , or I’m just not used into it yet...I’ve been sleeping on a travel pillow for over 1 month now

a question for the keen Eyes of the forum, are you able to detect any improvements at all to my scalp? It feels like there are hairs coming up when I rub my head and I rub my damn head 10 hours a day.  Please let me know if you can see or not see a difference ... yet

since I see my head everyday I can’t tell any difference but I know some of you folks here have eyes like eagle 🦅 

if you need a better photo I can have my kid take one tomorrow 

just got meds from the doctor for my Zits to cure the itchiness and antibiotics. It sure works so I wouldn’t have to scratch my scalp too much...

for the ppl that have a FUT scar or know about FUT scars, are they detectable when you swim and what guard do you use to cut your hair?

much appreciate any info you can provide ....thanks 🙏

05647958-9422-417A-93B1-0218DB3069DB.jpeg

Edited by Cahustler

• Administrators

Realistically, you won’t see any signs of life until at least 90 days.

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

Hey @Cahustler! I saw your question about your scar over on Tbcruz’s page. I thought I’d answer on your thread to take up less real estate on his.

I don’t think you should worry about your scar just yet. I don’t think you should worry at all, really. It looks like you’re dealing with a little bit of shockloss back there and that’ll make it harder to hide right now. Once it clears up it should be a little easier. Your scar, in particular, looks great! It’s nice and thin still. At your point, during my journey, my right side had already widened up more than I would’ve liked. Some people really can hide the scar with a short haircut, there are quite a few documented on here, but most people have to leave their hair at about a grade 4 to sometimes longer. Some guys can get it down to a 2 or a 3. I feel like a grade 4, though, is still nice and tight. If you really spend some time on here you’ll come across them. Right now we’ve got a lot of time on our hands!

Again, my scar is a little wider on my right side than anywhere else on my head so I can’t cut it any shorter than a 5 but I like my hair longer anyway.  My shockloss really started to be less noticeable around months 4 or 5 and by month 6 it really wasn’t a problem.

It’s impossible to say when your scar will fully mature but most stop worrying about it around 5 to 6 months and by a year you probably won’t even care unless you’re trying to cut your hair super short.

Here’s my thread. I wouldn’t compare our journey to one another’s. They’re bound to follow different timelines but I did a fairly decent-ish job of documenting my scar up until I stopped looking for it. Maybe it’ll give you a better idea or put your mind at ease if you’re really thinking about it a lot. Looking back, my scar was already showing signs of what it was going to do at 2 weeks.

My opinion is that your scar looks great and I really don’t see a reason why it would stretch out or cause any problems as long as you follow your doctors orders. I’ve been following your journey so far and look forward to more updates. 🙂👍🏻

Happy Growing!

Edited by Steeeve
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Look at this way @Cahustler you get to stay home during this dreadful ugly duckling period, while most of us had to go in to work and have to deal with this crap in public lol.

• Like 1

View my thread

Day 50

was not going to update till later but it’s day 50 and under quarantine so why not?

im looking at the back of the head and the scar is slowly becoming undetectable especially in the public where no one knows about a HT, as it seems the same on the right side.. the left side however seems to need more hair to cover ..

the top of the head and the front seems to have a bit of an improvement and I think I am seeing the crown having a smaller balding vs pre HT? I might have to do a side by side post maybe next month and see if there are any improvements.

any tips to how to post pics side by side?

4722D10F-B20C-4703-90B5-08B94F293430.jpeg

9678C999-EF12-4CF6-9F17-CE29D901F3E0.jpeg

501BC5B4-99DA-4D69-B860-64AEC989036F.jpeg

9C1EC1D2-794D-4B81-8133-2078B7536174.jpeg

E613D70B-4FFF-4999-97A5-6053527C17F8.jpeg

• Like 1

Something funny I remembered on surgery date, after taking the initial pills and we BS a little and then he asked me how I want my hairline as he drew on my head.. I don’t remember if I actually had a say lol 😂 but at that point and throughout what I’ve researched some things were better left unanswered 😂 I might of told him I want the hairline near my eyebrows 

• Administrators

image.jpeg

lmao good thing he didn’t listen 🤣 

• Haha 2

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, T2222 said:

Hey did you die your hair for the procedure?

Lol I thought you asked if I died?

no I did not dye my hair as I have no white hair (not bad for being almost 50) and knock on wood..

with that said, the doctor did ask me if I have any white hair? I’m not sure why he asked that... could he have not do surgery if my hair was white?

Edited by Cahustler
  • Haha 1

Day 69... had to post because that’s one of my favorite number . Not sure if there is anything new growth because I look at my hair few times a day so it’s the same to me everyday ... zits are not going away... I do use antibiotic ointment but still .... any other advice? Sometimes it itches so much I want to rip out the scalp , so I have to limit minoxidil...the minoxidil makes it worse

C349D732-5FFF-4489-B04D-AB307DBF0B1E.jpeg