FUT session with Dr. Diep 3500-4000 grafts

Cahustler

2 minutes ago, Tbcruz said:

No problem. Next step is staple removal, shedding and finally growth with some maturing after that. Long road ahead lol. 

Amen brother 🙏 he’s on vacation next week so I have to wait an extra week to get them staples out , then I’ll get another haircut and try to even it out and I’ve already bought some baseball caps for the upcoming Months

I wonder what it feels like to have a full head of hair.. I still can’t imagine or think it could happen to me . I’m just going to tell myself whatever happens it should be better than when I started the procedure.

Reading  some of the thread here I can truly feel how happy they are for people that achieved the goal. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Cahustler said:

I wonder what it feels like to have a full head of hair.. I still can’t imagine or think it could happen to me . I’m just going to tell myself whatever happens it should be better than when I started the procedure.

Reading  some of the thread here I can truly feel how happy they are for people that achieved the goal. 

You have the right mind set, don’t set your expectations too high. A full head of hair, is rarely achieved with surgery alone. I’m just gonna be honest. The few who’ve achieved that legendary status like @Aftermath have had several procedures. 

Now, I’m confident you’re gonna look night and day difference when everything is all said and done. But don’t expect perfection. I think your mindset now speaks volumes of your character and why you’re a great candidate. 

• Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 10 

most of the scabs are out.

i couldNt  help at times I scratched them out. I know I shouldn’t so I used some coconut oil before washing my hair and a lot did come off. The scalp is clean and that’s all I can do as a patient doing his part. Looking at the pics now it seems like the newly grafted hair wasn’t as dense as the first few days . Is it because of the scabs coming off?

so I had to stop talking to 3 gals from the dating app because there was no way in hell I would meet them at this point . The struggle is real. I guess I will just hide under a rock for 3-4 months and hopefully I can grow some hair by then. 

F106B990-23CF-4A7D-A822-E027DB71AD2B.jpeg

5B597D6E-AF5E-42FA-99BA-9E6A861055E3.jpeg

E78632E9-B159-40F3-BE9E-599F00CD45AC.jpeg

5CCAD7C9-A460-4467-A51D-4BD64D192846.jpeg

• Administrators

The hairline looks super dense, everything looks good. I feel you on having a weird look. You should have see my last procedure. I looked like a monk lol.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Day 15, 

I wasn’t going to post but I noticed today many hairs were shedding on the sink?

i saw more scabs coming in so I’ve been finger rubbing/ lightly scratching here and there for the stubborn scabs .

guys, is it normal to shed this early?

i started 5% minox yesterday Morning being the 14th day and the topical fin at night ...let’s get this puppy going. I need to go on a dam date ...!!!!

the staples are dissolving but I can feel some there still, I can’t see so I can’t wait to get this out next week. Some part of my head still numbed . Donor itches but I mostly just rub around it, fear of scratching might infect. I still use the ointment. Maybe give it another 1-2 weeks

please let me know if the hairs falling out is normal my fellow HT guys

2418E9B8-B4A3-4073-8E92-D82A194E3661.jpeg

20022C2A-62FE-4DFD-A0DD-C3A6C76E4280.jpeg

8CC4FAA0-6F2D-43E8-BF85-6207935BC95F.jpeg

1A2A76CB-9EB5-4D17-83AC-D998A63D7310.jpeg

• Administrators

Yea it’s normal, you’re shedding faster than others, because you kept the scabs clean better. 

View my thread

Thanks for the lightning response Melvin. You’re so freakin awesome .

as I mentioned I had the amniofix (not sure if that helps) so it seems everything is going the way it should, (I’m normally a fast healer by the way)..just fast forwarding a bit . If only the hair would fast forward coming out 😂. Fingers still crossed 

Edited by Cahustler

Day 18

donor itching like crazy, I stopped using ointments until after staples getting removed this Thursday . Can’t wait. It’s beginning to feel uncomfortable.

scabbing is coming in nonstop . Shedding a lot lot 

i am also growing pimples in a few places. I think it’s too soon to grow anything but I’m getting the symptoms of growing hairs already at 18 days? My kids tell me the scar looks really good. I asked for pics and this is the next they can do for me. 

so shedding , growing zits and donor itching like crazy ... oh and I’ve been mostly indoors with the kids off from school . Looks like many of us are staying indoors either working or whatever 

stay safe everyone 

68C2E426-AC5E-4683-A438-E259B8405924.jpeg

AA77527E-B6A0-4DBF-9FAD-5EC9E6B8C576.jpeg

C49C73BD-6D1A-4ADF-9EE6-CEE940FC77DA.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

The pimples are normal, seems you’ve fast tracked the healing part. Pimples usually come around 3 month.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The pimples are normal, seems you’ve fast tracked the healing part. Pimples usually come around 3 month.

Do you think my pimples would be caused by minoxidil? I didn’t have any issues with minoxidil prior to the surgery. 

the itching is driving me nuts. 
Any advice? I can’t wait to get staples out Thursday 

Day 21-22

suture removal day. Been shedding like crazy, seems all transplanted hair has about fall off... itchiness has been the case lately and I’ve been scratching here and there , but knowing the follicles are secured put my mind at ease? 

contemplating making the 2 hrs drive but during this time it would be difficult to get an appt to get my sutures remove locally.

my daughter was nice enough to make the trip with me, stopping halfway at Carl’s Jr. and we ate in the parking lot because of the no dine in rule in effect.

onto magic Diep’s office and right away I get the good news of Mary being able to see me on time to remove the sutures (thank you) but due to the virus Diep is not able to see me and is only going to attend to surgical patients only: (a heads up on this would of been appreciated) anyway I was a bit disappointed but would understand where he is coming from. In the room I was told it might hurt a little when she starts to cut out the sutures so I clenched my fist but to my relief it felt fine and actually when she rubbed the saline on my scar it felt so good because of how itchy it’s been. I would of let her rub my scar all day. She says I’m healing just fine.

i did have a few follow up questions but was told I had to ask the office manager Allison, I waited but they all seemed too busy so I emailed her the questions and have yet to receive the answers. But usually they are pretty good at getting back to you. I wanted to get back on the road right away being traffic hrs but the roads were so clear today. 

one main question was if I could start wearing my full face mask for my cPaP machine? I wanted to wait for the removal of the sutures but I haven’t been using it for 3 weeks . Thank to anyone that can answer this question

F20286FE-092D-4764-B5EB-48616E1B1565.png

pic of my daughter putting on the ointment on the scar

Edited by Cahustler

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Cahustler said:

Day 21-22

suture removal day. Been shedding like crazy, seems all transplanted hair has about fall off... itchiness has been the case lately and I’ve been scratching here and there , but knowing the follicles are secured put my mind at ease? 

contemplating making the 2 hrs drive but during this time it would be difficult to get an appt to get my sutures remove locally.

my daughter was nice enough to make the trip with me, stopping halfway at Carl’s Jr. and we ate in the parking lot because of the no dine in rule in effect.

onto magic Diep’s office and right away I get the good news of Mary being able to see me on time to remove the sutures (thank you) but due to the virus Diep is not able to see me and is only going to attend to surgical patients only: (a heads up on this would of been appreciated) anyway I was a bit disappointed but would understand where he is coming from. In the room I was told it might hurt a little when she starts to cut out the sutures so I clenched my fist but to my relief it felt fine and actually when she rubbed the saline on my scar it felt so good because of how itchy it’s been. I would of let her rub my scar all day. She says I’m healing just fine.

i did have a few follow up questions but was told I had to ask the office manager Allison, I waited but they all seemed too busy so I emailed her the questions and have yet to receive the answers. But usually they are pretty good at getting back to you. I wanted to get back on the road right away being traffic hrs but the roads were so clear today. 

one main question was if I could start wearing my full face mask for my cPaP machine? I wanted to wait for the removal of the sutures but I haven’t been using it for 3 weeks . Thank to anyone that can answer this question

F20286FE-092D-4764-B5EB-48616E1B1565.png

pic of my daughter putting on the ointment on the scar

They may be understaffed, as the governor has called off all non-essential staff- this includes administrative workers. I would shoot Diep a text. He’s usually good to respond. The scar looks good, doesn’t look stretched at all. Excited for you man.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Day 23 

the office did email me back (thanks) and okayed the cPap but I was going to have to try it on soon anyway. They wanted pics of my pimples but I’m not sure why. Aren’t they all the same and they already know that’s part of the phase. 

as you can see most hair has shed , this is truly ugly and I’ll try to get my head shaved today with a 1 or 2 guard? Hopefully that’ll even out . 

has any of you in the ugly phase ever wonder if actual hairs will Ever grow? This is the feeling I have , somehow I still have a feeling all this isn’t real lol 

3D8A8197-24A5-4E7C-8389-8D69F6F5B94B.jpeg

EE8C7A73-A9CC-4E14-976B-DDB8E88DB3C8.jpeg

94F96FB1-75C1-4789-BACE-EE878ADB7E47.jpeg

D6971665-40E9-4244-AD37-07F8528B7F26.jpeg

5C102544-7536-4BE4-ACF7-35C864E0FF1E.jpeg

being at home under quarantine so I can post when I feel like it with so much time on hand . 

Finally got it down to a 2 guard. My salon lady refused service today because of quarantine so I had to end up enforcing child labor of my daughter. I’ll remember that come tip time in the future . Not a bad job, this is the shortest my hair has been since childhood. Zits are all over . Not too crazy about the scar but that was the price of 1 surgery vs 2. If I ever ever would go for a 2nd procedure, FUT is out of the question. kinda glad I got this done prior to all this chaos , 
I read somewhere this shampoo is really good, so I went and got a bottle. 

I will hold off on posting from here on and cross my fingers unless I have questions or seeing growth. take care guys and stay safe. For this that have any question about my procedure feel free to message me . 

731CAEE3-2610-449A-B45C-70B04339B99E.jpeg

6A82B604-3F50-4D5B-B0EF-9CCDEF5B31A8.jpeg

32ABCDBD-4069-4483-8DA5-001FEFC9FB7B.jpeg

FFF14D0C-2209-411F-AF72-ACA558850A06.jpeg

56BB7C63-58FD-4B37-BA20-CCE70D8ACCE0.jpeg

Scar looks real good. Hey, I wonder if Dr. Diep has changed the way he does things. Two years ago, Jenny brought me in a small cup with 7 or 8 pills in it. Within 30 minutes I was out. I barely remember being woke up for lunch then more pills. Awake the last hour or so as they were finishing up.  I had zero pain. (FUT) Since I had to fly from San Jose to NM, I wore a very loose fitting ball cap during the trip.  Not too much discomfort the next few days...maybe I got lucky, but it took six months for the numbness to subside. I wish I had been close enough to go to his office for the suture removal. 

I think your HT is going to turn out great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWdan said:

I think your HT is going to turn out great. 

thanks , I hope it just turns out, period. lol.

getting on the flight, were you able to keep the cap on thru TSA? Mary told me with a doctors note you can. I’m assuming you did. It would suck having to take off the cap in public at least for me .

There was a chance he waited a tad late when administering those last 2 rounds of anesthesia therefore it felt like I had about 70-80 shots total. But I’m sure that’s different for everyone.
i did like the fact he told me ‘now we are going to inject you with Amniofix, so we know we got what we paid for.

Also the tech was singing 🎼 in my ears and her voice was really sweet, I never knew when the channel was changed from CNN to MTV lol but I didn’t mind because her voice was soothing 😊

SWdan you hair looks great man but why does it seems most transplanted folks wear their hair up.. I’ve always liked bangs so I’m curious if I can do that later on. 
anyway god bless and stay safe !!

I had some anxiety about going through TSA, and if they'd want me to remove my cap. I guess walking through the X-Ray scanner they didn't see anything, because nobody said anything to me. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 8:23 AM, Cahustler said:

has any of you in the ugly phase ever wonder if actual hairs will Ever grow? This is the feeling I have , somehow I still have a feeling all this isn’t real lol 

LOL, anyone? EVERYONE! 😉 I am at 2.5 month and it is my second procedure. The waiting kills me and I cannot believe it will ever grow.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

LOL, anyone? EVERYONE! 😉 I am at 2.5 month and it is my second procedure. The waiting kills me and I cannot believe it will ever grow.

I just thought it wasn’t normal to be at an ugly phase 3 weeks post op? I’m think somewhere somehow something went wrong and everything is falling out 

Mine fell out pretty quick, I think around two or three weeks.  It's absolutely normal to think think they'll not grow back in. But around the three or four month mark the little guys start coming up. 

• Thanks 1