3200-3500 Grafts (DHI) with Dr. Cinik

Bax

2 hours ago, fabofly said:

Amazing man. I'm heading to cinik this summer as well. Hoping the Corona pandemic is settled by then. Is there a reason why he didnt do the mid scale area ?

Hey man!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I hope everything settles down too! I definitely got in under the radar before this whole thing blew up!

So, based on the pictures, it looks like I have hair loss in that mid scalp area is because I actually have good density there already :). However, I have a very pointy head at the top of my skull so the razor cut down those hairs a lot closer to the skull. It’s growing back in normally now, though!

14 day update! Donor area growing back and looks completely normal! No more scabs on the recipient area - just a little bit of redness! Just hair, hair and more hair, which is growing!

So far so good!

D298C3AC-81A5-4580-88C1-218CD31F78FC.jpeg

0C9EC80E-CA3D-490A-B974-A86A6779070D.jpeg

FC4BEEEE-9C09-4501-8047-72C4B2AD0B55.jpeg

ABB054AB-A566-41AC-8629-1604945749DC.jpeg

85F5EF91-A07C-45CD-8A27-5668834D21A8.jpeg

• Administrators

Looking good man, how’s the quarantine?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looking good man, how’s the quarantine?

Thanks man!

It’s actually been quite productive! Painted the entire upstairs of my house and a bunch of other odd jobs here and there that I had been meaning to do for awhile!

Work is also shut down for the time being except for emergency cases, so will be quarantined for even longer haha!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Looking good mate. Are you happy with everything so far? 

Thanks man! I’m super happy with everything so far. It has definitely exceeded my expectations, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the rest of the journey will hold!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

So, today marks exactly one month since I’ve had my procedure done!

It seems like I still have a lot of hair in the recipient area and it’s getting longer and longer each day, which has me really excited. But I’m not holding my breath because I know that shock loss can happen until around 2 months.

Slightly dry scalp, which is slowly becoming better and regaining its moisture each day. I’m still using the biotin shampoo and supplementing with biotin, saw palmetto, and taking 1mg Finasteride (I’m taking it again because I’ve never experienced any side effects)

Currently still not working so my patients are going to be very surprised when I return to work 😂. I’ve received so many kind and encouraging comments from people in my life and I already feel great about how things are looking. Each day it looks different! 

What do you guys think about the shock loss? Has anyone experienced (or know anyone) who didn’t have a significant amount of shock loss?

Also, I’m working out for the first time since the surgery because I’ve gotta get back into shape!

I’ll post more pics next month! Take care and be well! Looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

233A51F9-64E4-48A0-8B6D-81306B0C78B2.jpeg

1D01E0E9-4544-4366-A75F-5E648305F389.jpeg

884B933C-31DB-4D9B-8A61-39AB2B11077C.jpeg

5288D4D7-0BBA-4B6A-84B6-8B18BDF77933.jpeg

3A97B760-5ADF-40C9-B6A1-2C0CB76EA520.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Suede said:

Looks really good Bax! I am happy for you and cross my fingers it will keep growing. 

How is your donor? Sore?

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Every day is a mystery and I’m loving it haha!

Donor area is totally fine! No soreness, numbness, or itchiness at all and it feels exactly like it did before the procedure :)

its looking pretty good. seems like youve held onto a decent amount of the grafts. I remember shedding still continued til maybe 1.5 to 2 months but it hit hard around 2.5-3 weeks and began to taper. If the transplanted hairs are gaining length as fast as the natives then you're in for some fun times ahead. If they are kind of stagnant, then I would vigorously but carefully try to massage them and they might end up coming out.

40 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

its looking pretty good. seems like youve held onto a decent amount of the grafts. I remember shedding still continued til maybe 1.5 to 2 months but it hit hard around 2.5-3 weeks and began to taper. If the transplanted hairs are gaining length as fast as the natives then you're in for some fun times ahead. If they are kind of stagnant, then I would vigorously but carefully try to massage them and they might end up coming out.

Thanks for your insight and for sharing your experience!

I would say the transplanted hairs are growing at a reasonable pace considering it’s only been a month, but definitely slightly slower than the donor sites (which I suppose makes sense!)

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next month!

1 minute ago, Bax said:

Thanks for your insight and for sharing your experience!

I would say the transplanted hairs are growing at a reasonable pace considering it’s only been a month, but definitely slightly slower than the donor sites (which I suppose makes sense!)

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next month!

did you get 3500 grafts? I think i missed the final graft count

1 hour ago, bismarck said:

Clean aggressive work. Would love to see pics of the donor if possible. Happy growing.

Thanks man!

My donor site was the back of my head and a little bit on the sides just above my ears in the pictures above :)! All of it looks completely normal and exactly like it did before the procedure!

Is there another angle that you are wanting to see the donor area?

9 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Thank you to you as well, you are certainly very conscientious with documentation.

Do you have pics of the donor at the time of surgery without bandaging?

My pleasure! I’m hoping that by sharing my experience authentically, I can help people decide if hair transplantation is something they wish to pursue! I know I spent hours and hours on this forum trying to find the right doctor for me and if I truly wanted to go through with the procedure. It’s such a great platform and I’m grateful for it!

As for pics of the donor area at the time of the surgery, I had not thought to take any. All I have is the pics from my first post and a picture of the screen at the clinic (see below). 

Hopefully this helps :) 

938F72B9-EF73-44C0-9C15-6D08713AAB68.jpeg

9519CB2B-1671-4B56-9DE2-4DEF13F6B1F7.jpeg

19 minutes ago, bismarck said:

What I was getting at was trying to see the punch size and the pattern of harvesting at the donor, so post procedure but without bandaging is what I meant.You may not have these pics.

Or you could have just said “immediately post op”

49 minutes ago, bismarck said:

What I was getting at was trying to see the punch size and the pattern of harvesting at the donor, so post procedure but without bandaging is what I meant.You may not have these pics.

OHHH! Yes, I do have that haha! See below

4DE325AE-0EB3-40FE-ACD6-F3228868578D.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Clean, clean work.

Thanks man! It’s actually great to hear that! I had the same thoughts when I saw the finished product, but it’s great to hear it from someone else!