3200-3500 Grafts (DHI) with Dr. Cinik

Bax

1 hour ago, Suede said:

Good to hear it went well even though it was a long day haha. I am sure you will be able to do it again once you see your results. 

Whats the plan for the upcoming days? Will you go back to the clinic for cleaning your head etc? And how long until you go back home?

Looking at your Pictures it looks good and it also looks like you got some great density in the front. Now the hard part kicks in waiting for the final result but I am sure you will be handling that better than laying down for another day haha!

Congrats on your progress Bax!

Thanks! Based on what Dr. Cinik and I spoke about, this time around should be all I need for hair restoration given my donor area and how many follicles had multiples in them!

Going to be heading back to the clinic tomorrow afternoon to have my bandages looked at. But I’ll be taking my medications this morning and afternoon for inflammation and edema, etc. Been sleeping with the neck pillow and keep on waking up because it’s not the most comfortable, but definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

And absolutely haha! Need to stay patient for the inevitable ugly-duckling phase that will come 😂. But I’m ready for this journey and to handle the challenges as they come! And definitely going to be easier than having to lay down again. 😂

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

Glad it all went well mate, it was good to read the beginning of your journey and I’ll look forward to hearing the progress as it unfolds. 👍🏼

Thanks! I feel as though it was important to recount my emotions right away for a more authentic experience!

Can’t wait to see where this goes!

53 minutes ago, Lohvisa said:

looks good. Hope you grow well, and wish u a stress-free ugly duckling phase.

That’s what I’m hoping for 🙌🏼 ! Let’s hope it’s simple and short enough 🙌🏼

Update after the first night:

Definitely not the most comfortable sleep (which I was prepared for). Lots of stiffness into my upper back and back from having the sleep on back with neck pillow around my neck. Even switched to sleeping on the ground so that I could have a stiffer service so my back could relax (chiropractor hacks 😂)

Not feeling much pain today and swelling is very minor and nothing even remotely like it was yesterday, which is awesome!

Follow-up with Dr. Cinik at 2 today!

4 days post-op update!

27 hours of travel to get back home to Canada, but I made it! Wore a mask the entire time for that extra precaution. Got a few extra looks because of the headband and recent transplantation, but what’s life without a bit of extra head turning and an audience 😂. Was extra cautious navigating the plane with the overhead bins and people lifting their luggage. So happy to report that there has been no head trauma!

Anyways, been feeling really good! Swelling is done a lot more and took the headband off this morning for my head wash. Still a bit of tightness in my scalp, but nothing uncomfortable. Super happy with how it looks and feels so far (just trying to enjoy what it looks like right now before the shock loss 😂). Feels weird to have a hairline again - never thought I would see the day! Since I’m a doctor, might be quarantining myself next week since a lot of my patients are a bit older and I don’t know if I’m impacted by COVID-19 yet since symptoms take awhile to generate. Works out well for me though because it gives me more time to get my scalp back to normal

Donor area is a little bit itchy, but I’ve been applying Aloe Vera regularly throughout the day to deal with that! Otherwise, feeling great! Will check in again once I’m able to start massaging the scabs out of the recipient site!

D4CC6701-8E87-4537-B9BD-C804238136CE.jpeg

ECF2E676-070A-4CE5-BA95-F79F388CA23F.jpeg

462F25E4-D715-4764-AD6C-DBE18CF9C099.jpeg

DD5BDAC4-369E-4BBC-8B9D-FF1F684ED67B.jpeg

DF00B85F-EFFB-4A91-B4BA-BFA26F027AA3.jpeg

9BC3E9B2-2FC8-40F0-AEBD-E0DCC8035A69.jpeg

8 hours ago, 83mjs said:

Great write up. The part you wrote about the discomfort of laying down for so many hours felt very familiar to me 😂 and I forgot about the light headed-ness! I almost fainted when I stood up too fast. Didn’t do that again!

Thank you! And right!? 😂 I definitely won’t be forgetting that anytime soon. That light-headed-ness was so real! I’m very happy that there’s no more pain or anything though, just the occasional itchiness at the donor side!

Have you had the procedure done yourself?

• Administrators

I wish I had that much hair in my crown haaha, great donor as well. How is it traveling right now? Are the airports empty?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wish I had that much hair in my crown haaha, great donor as well. How is it traveling right now? Are the airports empty?

Thanks man! I feel super lucky to have what I had in the beginning and to have a decent donor area!

And airports we’re actually packed with so many people who were unable to get back to their respective countries (Italy, US, etc). Pure pandemonium! But the airplanes themselves were really quiet! Had an entire row to myself for every flight!

Currently on a 14 day quarantine just to be on the safe side. So gives my head some time to heal haha. It all worked out!

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bax said:

Thanks man! I feel super lucky to have what I had in the beginning and to have a decent donor area!

And airports we’re actually packed with so many people who were unable to get back to their respective countries (Italy, US, etc). Pure pandemonium! But the airplanes themselves were really quiet! Had an entire row to myself for every flight!

Currently on a 14 day quarantine just to be on the safe side. So gives my head some time to heal haha. It all worked out!

There’s so much panic over this Coronavirus, seems like you’re not too worried. Wish you the best man. Are you doing the quarantine out of free will or are they making you?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s so much panic over this Coronavirus, seems like you’re not too worried. Wish you the best man. Are you doing the quarantine out of free will or are they making you?

There’s so much panic all thanks to the media unfortunately. I’m not too worried. And I’m doing it out of free will because I’m a doctor and I work directly with patients so just doing my due diligence. But I have no symptoms whatsoever. Just going to enjoy this time to relax and recharge from the life!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, Bax said:

Thank you! And right!? 😂 I definitely won’t be forgetting that anytime soon. That light-headed-ness was so real! I’m very happy that there’s no more pain or anything though, just the occasional itchiness at the donor side!

Have you had the procedure done yourself?

I have - I'm only about a month ahead of you. I also went to Turkey, although I went to HLC in Ankara. I need to put this in my signature I guess 😀https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/56309-4938-grafts-fue-hlc-5-7-february-2020/

I'll be following your progress man, good luck!

On 3/10/2020 at 3:44 PM, Bax said:

Thanks! Based on what Dr. Cinik and I spoke about, this time around should be all I need for hair restoration given my donor area and how many follicles had multiples in them!

Going to be heading back to the clinic tomorrow afternoon to have my bandages looked at. But I’ll be taking my medications this morning and afternoon for inflammation and edema, etc. Been sleeping with the neck pillow and keep on waking up because it’s not the most comfortable, but definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

And absolutely haha! Need to stay patient for the inevitable ugly-duckling phase that will come 😂. But I’m ready for this journey and to handle the challenges as they come! And definitely going to be easier than having to lay down again. 😂

Do you know what punch sized was used?

6 hours ago, 83mjs said:

I have - I'm only about a month ahead of you. I also went to Turkey, although I went to HLC in Ankara. I need to put this in my signature I guess 😀https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/56309-4938-grafts-fue-hlc-5-7-february-2020/

I'll be following your progress man, good luck!

Awesome man! I just checked our your forum and you’re looking great so far! Nice results and excited to see how things go with you too!

Hi! I just wondered, how did you pay for the HT? Someone said they had to pay a s**t ton of extra money (tax) just because they paid with a credit card instead of cash. So what they recommended was to take out all of the cash at the airport and hide it really well BEFORE flying down to Turkey. Is it still cash payment only?

40 minutes ago, bruceporter said:

Hi! I just wondered, how did you pay for the HT? Someone said they had to pay a s**t ton of extra money (tax) just because they paid with a credit card instead of cash. So what they recommended was to take out all of the cash at the airport and hide it really well BEFORE flying down to Turkey. Is it still cash payment only?

Hey!

This is true! They charge an extra 300 euros if you use credit card. Personally, I took out euros before I left Canada and then hide it inside my carry-on bag. Only took it out when I had paid for the procedure. 300 extra euros is pretty hefty, so I didn’t want the extra charge haha!

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Hello gents! 

9 days post-op and still very happy and healing nicely and enjoying the process! No longer sleeping with that neck pillow. This morning was the first time I was able to massage the recipient area with the special shampoo to begin the removal of some of the scabs. Didn’t go to crazy so that I dont damage the grafts. Definitely a messy job 😂. Very cool to see the hairs underneath it and to have a hairline again ahahaha! Donor area is completely recovered and no more itchiness, although I am still applying the Aloe Vera anyways!

Just waiting for the inevitable shock loss and hope that the ugly duckling phase is short-lived!

Will post another update once all the scabs are out!

859474E9-8AA9-4F26-980E-50240A6A9583.jpeg

A7ACBA05-CD53-4D71-BDDC-8848D185D374.jpeg

F21483B2-6B95-4A26-AD59-4C94403209F8.jpeg

BCBF5BDC-3391-4FD8-B99F-7DCD8631F8D5.jpeg

EED6624B-F6F8-4BFE-A4F4-D58273302EB9.jpeg