3200-3500 Grafts (DHI) with Dr. Cinik

Bax

Big congrats to you and thank you for sharing your HT journey. It helps all of us who are looking to have surgery to see what results are possible and yours is an excellent one for sure.

• Valued Contributor

Bax I am incredibly happy for the two of you! Congratulations on a brilliant outcome for life. That being your fantastic results and your marriage. Wishing you all the best and it was a privilege to follow your journey. Here's to the future!

17 hours ago, Ads said:

Big congrats to you and thank you for sharing your HT journey. It helps all of us who are looking to have surgery to see what results are possible and yours is an excellent one for sure.

Thank you so much! This forum is what helped me decide on if and when I should do my hair transplant, so it felt right to return the favour!

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Bax I am incredibly happy for the two of you! Congratulations on a brilliant outcome for life. That being your fantastic results and your marriage. Wishing you all the best and it was a privilege to follow your journey. Here's to the future!

Thank you so much, man! I feel very lucky and blessed right now in my life!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!

Long time no see! Hope you are all doing well!

I’ve been super happy with my results for the past 2.5 years and have no regrets! I wanted to pop on here to receive some advice or guidance, so to speak. Over the past few weeks, I’ve noticed more of my scalp when I am looking in a mirror, so I decided to take some pictures tonight. The first picture is from tonight, the second one is after I combed it out, and the third one is a picture of my head in July 2020. I think everything is probably fine, but I can’t help by notice that my hair looks a bit thinner than it did 2 years ago? Is this a normal time line of hair transplants? Am I using bad hair products (hair gel and a bit of hairspray?). I’m still using oral supplements of biotin, saw palmetto, and a natural hair growth tonic. I’m even using the hair shampoo that I still have from Dr. Cinik’s and only wash my hair every 2 days. I’m probably just being paranoid and this was probably just a bad hair day, but I wanted to get your guys’ thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance, as always!

6C4FF5CC-9D12-4AF2-845B-81E9F68437E7.jpeg

39FA7EC1-9D50-439C-B5EF-2487D9829B8D.jpeg

3966B001-9BD2-46A6-AC74-6ED31A777CEB.jpeg

I think that what you are observing, is your natural hair's recession in the forelock, creating the see through effect when wet. When getting an HT, our natural hair, will continue to recede and going back in your thread, you had a really strong forelock at the time of the transplant. 

It's entirely possible that while your transplanted hair is thriving, your forelock is thinning out. Finasteride/Saw Palmetto help maintain midscalp and crown hair, their effectiveness is greatly reduced when it comes to forelock/temples. 

No reason to go crazy or change anything right now but if in 5 years time you notice some obvious thinning and are unhappy with the appearance, you can always go back for a top-up to cement your frontal third. 

2 hours ago, Bax said:

Hello everyone!

Long time no see! Hope you are all doing well!

I’ve been super happy with my results for the past 2.5 years and have no regrets! I wanted to pop on here to receive some advice or guidance, so to speak. Over the past few weeks, I’ve noticed more of my scalp when I am looking in a mirror, so I decided to take some pictures tonight. The first picture is from tonight, the second one is after I combed it out, and the third one is a picture of my head in July 2020. I think everything is probably fine, but I can’t help by notice that my hair looks a bit thinner than it did 2 years ago? Is this a normal time line of hair transplants? Am I using bad hair products (hair gel and a bit of hairspray?). I’m still using oral supplements of biotin, saw palmetto, and a natural hair growth tonic. I’m even using the hair shampoo that I still have from Dr. Cinik’s and only wash my hair every 2 days. I’m probably just being paranoid and this was probably just a bad hair day, but I wanted to get your guys’ thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance, as always!

6C4FF5CC-9D12-4AF2-845B-81E9F68437E7.jpeg

39FA7EC1-9D50-439C-B5EF-2487D9829B8D.jpeg

3966B001-9BD2-46A6-AC74-6ED31A777CEB.jpeg

Firstly you got a great result from Dr Cinik. 

In general if you have native hair in the transplanted area, then you can notice a bit thinning after some years if you dont take finasteride to stop DHT from attacking the hair follicles. As i saw from your description you only take saw palmeto and some vitamins which dont actually stop further hairloss. So you need to take oral finasteride to stop the hairloss, if you dont take it dont expect to stabilise your hairloss.

Edited by Gramatik

2 hours ago, StillAlive said:

I think that what you are observing, is your natural hair's recession in the forelock, creating the see through effect when wet. When getting an HT, our natural hair, will continue to recede and going back in your thread, you had a really strong forelock at the time of the transplant. 

It's entirely possible that while your transplanted hair is thriving, your forelock is thinning out. Finasteride/Saw Palmetto help maintain midscalp and crown hair, their effectiveness is greatly reduced when it comes to forelock/temples. 

No reason to go crazy or change anything right now but if in 5 years time you notice some obvious thinning and are unhappy with the appearance, you can always go back for a top-up to cement your frontal third. 

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

Firstly you got a great result from Dr Cinik. 

In general if you have native hair in the transplanted area, then you can notice a bit thinning after some years if you dont take finasteride to stop DHT from attacking the hair follicles. As i saw from your description you only take saw palmeto and some vitamins which dont actually stop further hairloss. So you need to take oral finasteride to stop the hairloss, if you dont take it dont expect to stabilise your hairloss.

Thank you both for your advice and reassurance! Perhaps I might consider starting to use finasteride again to see if that helps, or just leave it as-is and get another procedure done down the road if need be!

• Like 1