14,450 Total Grafts (5,450 BHT) Eugenix 21/23 Dec 2019 Aug 2021 Oct 2022

Zoomster

• 5 weeks later...

8 month update 

Hi folks 

Delighted to report I’m enjoying what I believe will be my long term hairstyle into the future ..I’ve shelved the ponytail idea as the style I’m sporting now is proving so helpful in wiping out any weak areas in one sweep back motion .

I use a hair crème which is what you see here ( no fibres at all ) …I got a zero right up to the top of each side of scalp last week ..the barber didn’t speak English and just gave me the style he has wearing which I love to be honest 

Ive dropped oral minoxidil due to too many heart palpitations..which I’m very frustrated about as it’s a wonder drug if you ask me .

Ive enclosed an outdoor hairline pic again just crème product ..

My eternal gratitude to everyone Involved in my restoration,Docs ,techs and indeed my esteemed forum members .

Karl 

IMG_1127.png

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

8 month update 

Hi folks 

Delighted to report I’m enjoying what I believe will be my long term hairstyle into the future ..I’ve shelved the ponytail idea as the style I’m sporting now is proving so helpful in wiping out any weak areas in one sweep back motion .

I use a hair crème which is what you see here ( no fibres at all ) …I got a zero right up to the top of each side of scalp last week ..the barber didn’t speak English and just gave me the style he has wearing which I love to be honest 

Ive dropped oral minoxidil due to too many heart palpitations..which I’m very frustrated about as it’s a wonder drug if you ask me .

Ive enclosed an outdoor hairline pic again just crème product ..

My eternal gratitude to everyone Involved in my restoration,Docs ,techs and indeed my esteemed forum members .

Karl 

IMG_1127.png

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1122.jpeg

IMG_1121.jpeg

IMG_1120.jpeg

IMG_1119.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

Outdoors now attached 

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.png

IMG_1136.jpeg

IMG_1137.png

IMG_1138.png

IMG_1139.png

• Like 10

The slick back looks awesome on you Karl! Definitely the best look on you, and if it hides more in the crown area then it's a double win.  I would agree that is the better approach than the pony tail. I've always thought the pony tail had a more hippie look to it, which, knowing you, definitely doesn't suit your overall image. Looking better by the day Karl! 

I do have a suggestion for you though. Not sure what kind of hair brush you are using, but unless it's a boar bristle brush, the regular combs and brushes tend to cluster the hairs together instead of spreading them out evenly. What I've been doing is starting off with a normal wide bristle comb to de-knot and get the hair loose and flowing, then I use the boar bristle brush as the finishing brush, just lightly brushing and following the direction of the styled hair to spread out the coverage in the most balanced way possible. Looks cleaner this way, and also most importantly, A LOT FULLER! 

Trust me, it works like a charm and makes a noticeable difference in aiding to the illusion of density in my opinion.

https://a.co/d/3MTFjE8

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

71GNLfwuV2L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Looks absolutely killer 🤩 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Unreal Karl! The hair style really suits you. Also  highlights a huge advantage of the FUE/BHT combo, in that these hair styles now can be rocked on high norwoods, when typically you had to wear is much longer to conceal the FUT scar. 

1 hour ago, Bandit90 said:

Unreal Karl! The hair style really suits you. Also  highlights a huge advantage of the FUE/BHT combo, in that these hair styles now can be rocked on high norwoods, when typically you had to wear is much longer to conceal the FUT scar. 

Thanks mate ..I wouldn’t ordinarily of gone zero right up to the top of sides but like I said the barber just sheared it all off like I was a true NW 0 ..I normally leave it blended into around 3 at the higher end of sides to help camouflage some of the FUE scars ..which are very acceptable btw ..👍

• Moderators

Your hair line is amazing. Nobody would ever think that's a hair transplant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 5 weeks later...

9 Month update 

Well folks it’s been a pretty stressful couple of weeks hair progress wise .

On the strength of a friends recommendation I decided to try “ Just for Men” grey reducing hair dye shampoo ..please to all members avoid at all costs ..long story short i lost a large number of grafts after my first application..could see a wet ponytail like clumb of grafts in the shower cubicle after the washing out of the shampoo ( you’ve to leave in for 2 mins ) it was almost tear inducingly stressful .

It wreaked havoc across my scalp with grafts lost in hairline and mid scalp ..

The Doc has assured me the lost grafts will grow back ..Ive been an Anagen desynchroniser with my last 2 procedures normally around 10months so I’ll be under the gun over the next couple of months ..fingers crossed all will be ok 🤞

The pics attached are with hair crème applied no fibres but probably some of that Devils product darkish hue on board .

Just haven’t the energy or headspace to write to the company and complain ..I’ve enough on my plate 

Karl 

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1643.png

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1640.png

IMG_1638.png

IMG_1637.png

IMG_1633.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

"Ive been an Anagen desynchroniser with my last 2 procedures normally around 10months so I’ll be under the gun over the next couple of months"

Can you help me to understand this a little better, @Zoomster? I've seen comments and a video that mention it, but I'm not quite clear on whether this is a permanent phenomenon (hairs that were transplanted at the same time always phases in and out at the same time forever) or if, over time, they start to phase in and out in a staggered timeline like normal scalp hairs do.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:55 AM, Zoomster said:

9 Month update 

Well folks it’s been a pretty stressful couple of weeks hair progress wise .

On the strength of a friends recommendation I decided to try “ Just for Men” grey reducing hair dye shampoo ..please to all members avoid at all costs ..long story short i lost a large number of grafts after my first application..could see a wet ponytail like clumb of grafts in the shower cubicle after the washing out of the shampoo ( you’ve to leave in for 2 mins ) it was almost tear inducingly stressful .

It wreaked havoc across my scalp with grafts lost in hairline and mid scalp ..

The Doc has assured me the lost grafts will grow back ..Ive been an Anagen desynchroniser with my last 2 procedures normally around 10months so I’ll be under the gun over the next couple of months ..fingers crossed all will be ok 🤞

The pics attached are with hair crème applied no fibres but probably some of that Devils product darkish hue on board .

Just haven’t the energy or headspace to write to the company and complain ..I’ve enough on my plate 

Karl 

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

IMG_1643.png

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1640.png

IMG_1638.png

IMG_1637.png

IMG_1633.jpeg

Doesn’t look like you’ve lost a strand of hair! @Zoomster- you’re looking great. 

Glad you got reassurance from Doc that all is not lost and you can’t even tell from the photos as your hair looks FULL 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...