14,450 Total Grafts (5,450 BHT) Eugenix 21/23 Dec 2019 Aug 2021 Oct 2022

Zoomster

On 12/30/2020 at 10:15 PM, Zoomster said:

Hi Guys 

Hope everyone had a peaceful and happy Christmas....I’m a Week late with the 12 month update but Christmas kinda got in the way 😊

I had a grade 2 shave at back and sides 23 Dec and about an inch of the length on top ..I’m very happy how things have panned out however I am relying on fibres to give me some extra coverage mid scalp and crown ..just a very little sprinkling ..

A couple of take aways from the 12 month pics attached 

-I’ve definitely been on the receiving end of some harsh anagen desynchronisation and whether I’ll regain some or all of the lost hair is still an unknown I guess 

- I’ll definitely be revisiting the team towards the end of next year to fill in the mid scalp / side part area and crown 

- and absolutely was the correct decision as a NW6/7 to go ahead and have the procedure ...as I may of mentioned before ..you restore much more than just your hair when you go ahead and decide to have a HT..

choose your Operating team very carefully ..

im hopeful of still further slight improvements throughout the next 6 months ...to lead me into final procedure number 2....

have a great and safe 2021 guys and a sincere thanks to all the supportive comments throughout our journey together..

0B62DC9D-CAD3-47F9-9B26-B661851CC55D.jpeg

61A5C605-4FCA-408E-A9F1-40DE76D6FE67.jpeg

22EC17CA-92AA-4F9B-AAE3-8A848C44D198.jpeg

02F0F31A-1ED0-4262-BAE1-C37BA58EA1BE.jpeg

C6CDD457-59CE-4A27-96FC-A129D9ED38D2.jpeg

I too have experienced a fair amount of anagen desynchronization. My theory is that the "12 month" result for Eugenix patients actually happens around month 11 because most of us experience such early growth. I believe it will come back, but it definitely looks a little disconcerting. 

Overall, however, both of our results are very good, and a little density work will make them even better. Happy New Year, brother!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fluffhead said:

I too have experienced a fair amount of anagen desynchronization. My theory is that the "12 month" result for Eugenix patients actually happens around month 11 because most of us experience such early growth. I believe it will come back, but it definitely looks a little disconcerting. 

Overall, however, both of our results are very good, and a little density work will make them even better. Happy New Year, brother!

@Fluffhead...happy new year to you . .always such no BS feedback 

So, I had a thought, I wonder if some of the desynchronization in zoomster's case is due to beard hair being on a different cycle than scalp hair, since he had 1,400 beard grafts.

@FluffheadI am not sure with Anagen desynchronization if the hair actually comes back. I was under the impression that only a certain percentage of hair actually appears on the scalp at one time due to hairs going through their respective cycles so in essence, the results after Anagen desynchronization are more or less the actual final results- correct me if I am wrong.

Would it be correct to assume that if anagen desychronization can cause as much of 30% to not show on scalp that since @Zoomsterhad around 7,000 grafts that if he gets a 2,100 grafts in second sitting (30% of 7,000), that he should see results as he saw before the desynchronization took place?

Eugenix explains it well in this video:

I have personally experienced it myself, and apparently @Zoomsterhas also. I think that case by case there are many factors at play, but I would assume the primary one is how many transplanted hairs actually grew in the first place. If less than full growth was achieved, the desynchronization phase might be more obvious. Also gotta remember that your native hair isn’t guaranteed to stick around even if you’re on Finasteride. Miniaturization of native hairs will impact the result over time. For me it hasn’t caused much of a drop in the overall aesthetic, but it does strengthen the urge to bulk up what I have with a second pass. For us poor bastards suffering from hair loss, it’s a never ending fight. Just have to stay hopeful and consistent. 😊

• Like 3

• Administrators

@Zoomster

It may be a seasonal shed, I wouldn’t worry about it, your hair still looks amazing. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Zoomster

It may be a seasonal shed, I wouldn’t worry about it, your hair still looks amazing. 

Thanks Melvin..I agree it still looks great in certain lighting situations even without the use of fibres ..

My 12 month update was given with newly cut top to about 2.5 inches and direct daylight through window for added transparency..

At the sweet spot of around 4 inches on top and normal room lighting it would of looked a few degrees more impressive for sure 

I would of happily settled for a result like I have now if this what was promised ...no question ..

Hope you're keeping safe and well .

• Like 2

Having just read your entire story I can only say (whilst taking my hat):

A very very big congrats also from my side ;-)

With your quite advanced hair loss I am wondering how your planning was done beforehand and  which tools were used? Eg.:

- detailed on-site evaluation of your donor

- max. amount of available grafts (scalp and beard hair)

- total amount of needed grafts

- graft distribution plan (amount of grafts needed for the various recipient sub areas)

1 hour ago, BoldnotBald said:

Having just read your entire story I can only say (whilst taking my hat):

A very very big congrats also from my side 😉

With your quite advanced hair loss I am wondering how your planning was done beforehand and  which tools were used? Eg.:

- detailed on-site evaluation of your donor

- max. amount of available grafts (scalp and beard hair)

- total amount of needed grafts

- graft distribution plan (amount of grafts needed for the various recipient sub areas)

Good questions, and to add to @BoldnotBald, are you open to sharing which clinics you had consulted with that you had been rejected by? If you are not open to disclosing names, can you share the total number of clinics you consulted with that did not think you were a suitable candidate?

If you have yet to see, Eugenix came out with a video yesterday showing @Zoomster1 year results. The video clearly shows the success of the procedure complete with video at all angles including a brush through of the hair.

Check it out!

@Zoomster- were you using any hair fibers in the video?

Hi Sla ...thank you ....no none whatsoever...I'm delighted to report I'm seeing thickening of misdcalp and crown areas even since last HRN update ...consistent with what the docs said..expect further improvements from midcscalp and crown up to around 18 months.. 

• Like 4

Nice to hear that the results are improving for you @Zoomster🙌🏻😊
I had not heard about this with Anagen  desynchronization before, but l think especially using different type of hair sources can perhaps contribute. But it’s good hear that it’s thickening up😊. It’s re-assuring for myself, as l will visiting Eugenix myself this year😊. Thx for sharing the update

• Thanks 1

I’ve read a few times about anagen desynchronisation being a thing over the years, however admittedly less so recently until on this thread . . . I think the second hand car salesman of the HT industry Sp*x used to allude to it quite a lot - always used to strike me as a good excuse clinics and surgeons could fall behind to justify only 80% of growth actually being achieved. 

I’m not implying that is the case here, the results are clearly fantastic for Zoomster. 

@ZoomsterWatching your latest youtube thriller I was wondering whether you lost some weight as your face seems to be more of a rectangular shape now. Or is it maybe simply because of your additional hair on top?

Apart from that I think you are one of the lucky guys who could stay bald forever without any doubt since you have a very aesthetic shape of head. but now it's too late for that :-)

In terms of my previous question about all your planning would you mind letting us all in on this secret?

2 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hi Sla ...thank you ....no none whatsoever...I'm delighted to report I'm seeing thickening of misdcalp and crown areas even since last HRN update ...consistent with what the docs said..expect further improvements from midcscalp and crown up to around 18 months.. 

The results spoke for themselves on the video and you couldn't even see any areas of lower density or anagen desynch.

Glad thinks are thickening up even, more!

One other potential reason for the slight dip in density is the that 1,400 grafts were beard hairs.

In the following video at 3:05 Dr. Arika shows how beard hair is in anagen for 2 months-1 year followed by a 1-3 month telogen, compared with scalp hair that is in anagen for 2-8 years followed by a 3 month anagen phase. She underscores this point of possible density dip due to beard hair cycle at 5:23.

• Like 1

@BoldnotBald..hi thanks for the nice comments..

Re the planning strategy you enquired about i took comfort in my decision  that i arrived at one of the very best clinics globally for my advanced stage of hair loss and decided to implicitly trust their expertise in planning and design..

Both Dr Arika and Dr Sethi examined my donor where I was pleasantly surprised that they described it as " good"..as I was refused as a candidate previously by Fargo Clinic Manchester...

Dr Andre Nel in Dublin Ireland also consulted with me October 2019 where he found that if he were lucky he good achieve a max of 3500 grafts obtained through a FUT / FUE / BHT combination...the only way possible to achieve the 3500 grafts due to " below average " donor is his view ..

Dr Arika advised me that I have 2000 scalp grafts available for another procedure for added density/ crown work should I want a second pass ....

Hope this helps 

Z

Thanks for being very honest and open, Zoomster.

From what you´ve just written I assume that the way it worked in your situation on-site Eugenix was something like this (please correct me if i got things wrong or haved missed out on something)

1. Dr Arika and Sethi examined your scalp and beard hair donor whilst having a look at the size of your bald area.

2. They both said that you would need to have about 7000 grafts to get a decent coverage of your head. And that your donor would allow for that.

3. You then said: "Yippiyeah. Then let´s go for it. Immediately!" Then your donor area also including the lower part of your chin got shaved completely.

4. Finally the surgery followed:

day 1 and day 2: extraction and implantation of scalp hair grafts,

day 3: extraction and implantation of beard hair grafts

correct

1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

@BoldnotBald..hi thanks for the nice comments..

Re the planning strategy you enquired about i took comfort in my decision  that i arrived at one of the very best clinics globally for my advanced stage of hair loss and decided to implicitly trust their expertise in planning and design..

Both Dr Arika and Dr Sethi examined my donor where I was pleasantly surprised that they described it as " good"..as I was refused as a candidate previously by Fargo Clinic Manchester...

Dr Andre Nel in Dublin Ireland also consulted with me October 2019 where he found that if he were lucky he good achieve a max of 3500 grafts obtained through a FUT / FUE / BHT combination...the only way possible to achieve the 3500 grafts due to " below average " donor is his view ..

Dr Arika advised me that I have 2000 scalp grafts available for another procedure for added density/ crown work should I want a second pass ....

Hope this helps 

Z

WOW! This is unbelievable @Zoomsterhow the other clinics (who I am assuming are reputable) had a DRAMATICALLY different view on your situation and were proven wrong.

It would be really interesting if you sent them the video of how your results turned out with Eugenix.

And to top it off, you were told you have another 2k scalp grafts yet available, not to mention beard grafts. So, Dr. Nel estimated you at 3,500 including body hair (if you were lucky), while with Eugenix, you could probably have close to 12k grafts (scalp + beard).

So good that you didn't listen to them!

• Like 1