14,450 Total Grafts (5,450 BHT) Eugenix 21/23 Dec 2019 Aug 2021 Oct 2022

Zoomster

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Beard hairs are usually thicker than scalp hair but are only single hair grafts. 

Thats not the reason for the sparseness in the visuals. The reason for the sparseness is the coarse nature of the beard grafts and the nature of the beard grafts to move away from each other rather than sticking to each other like scalp hair.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Just now, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Thats not the reason for the sparseness in the visuals. The reason for the sparseness is the coarse nature of the beard grafts and the nature of the beard grafts to move away from each other rather than sticking to each other like scalp hair.

I didn’t disagree I was simply stating the difference in the 2 types of grafts.

Sure ..I got real lucky in that prices increased in Jan 2020..I was one of the very last patients to enjoy the Dr Sethi led premium package @ 120 INR ..less 20% for booking and paying deposit 3 months  in advance....the above subject to 18% GST

Z

Edited by Zoomster
Update

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

Hope everyone is safe and well out there ..I’m just past the 10 months mark at this stage .

Got a barber cut 2 weeks ago where he cut it way to short as they tend to do 😊..chopped me down real good ..

I feel If anything there has been a slight disimprovement along the side part from crown to mid scalp ..just wondering might it be a seasonal shed or perhaps hairs taken from above my ear or nape of neck have actually lost the battle with DHT as I had retrograde alopecia going into the HT..or perhaps it’s stress related as it’s been one sure Annus horribilís my side .

On a positive the Donor appears to have bounced back great ..

Started using Alpecin caffeine shampoo to try and help thicken things up 

Z

B433AF0F-CE77-4716-A34F-6B60D2022D0E.jpeg

F8E3BEF9-F955-40A1-8345-86C42CCB62E9.jpeg

764FF2CE-61E7-4552-ACBA-4B3340D03EA5.jpeg

CA1CAE79-7DC8-494C-919A-4FCC5AEA047D.jpeg

97FD3D2B-FA40-4C72-A861-E5F4E262AD6E.jpeg

0A8F351E-F315-4EA9-B7CC-BB9E2D493CFA.jpeg

Edited by Zoomster
Update

49 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Hi All 

Hope everyone is safe and well out there ..I’m just past the 10 months mark at this stage .

Got a barber cut 2 weeks ago where he cut it way to short as they tend to do 😊..chopped me down real good ..

I feel If anything there has been a slight disimprovement along the side part from crown to mid scalp ..just wondering might it be a seasonal shed or perhaps hairs taken from above my ear or nape of neck have actually lost the battle with DHT as I had retrograde alopecia going into the HT..or perhaps it’s stress related as it’s been one sure Annus horribilís my side .

On a positive the Donor appears to have bounced back great ..

Started using Alpecin caffeine shampoo to try and help thicken things up 

I’ll keep you all posted 

Z

B433AF0F-CE77-4716-A34F-6B60D2022D0E.jpeg

F8E3BEF9-F955-40A1-8345-86C42CCB62E9.jpeg

764FF2CE-61E7-4552-ACBA-4B3340D03EA5.jpeg

CA1CAE79-7DC8-494C-919A-4FCC5AEA047D.jpeg

97FD3D2B-FA40-4C72-A861-E5F4E262AD6E.jpeg

Remember the anagen synchronization we discussed in the beginning of this thread.

So reading between the lines If one suffers from anagen desynchronisation like I appear to have we can only hope to enjoy up to 80% of transplanted  hair volume at any one time come final result...?

Edited by Zoomster
Update

27 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

So reading between the lines If one suffers from anagen synchronisation like I appear to have we can only hope to enjoy up to 80% of transplanted  hair volume at any one time come final result...?

Wondering about this as well. People say wait 12 months for the final result, but if at 12 months anagen desynchronization begins to occur, wouldn't it appear roughly equal to 100% of the transplant at 80-90% thickness? I believe that I experienced this between months 6-7 which is why I suddenly become concerned about how my result was coming along. Something to keep an eye on for sure. 

Can't tell that you got chopped. Hair still looks really good. I feel that when you get to this point in the journey hair greed sets in for most, especially if the transplant is above average. You can see what a full head of hair would look like, but the density just isn't there. Makes you start wondering what an extra 1500-2000 grafts in select areas would look like. 😄

Keep fighting the good fight brotha. 

-Fluff

Hey Fluff

Re the 1500 -2000 grafts possible 2nd pass .. only one way to find out !!

Something you said a while back stuck with me 

"You're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the desired final result you're looking for "..ie youd have a 2nd procedure If needs be ..

Something tells me you wont be needing one 😊

Z

1 minute ago, Zoomster said:

Hey Fluff

Re the 1500 -2000 grafts possible 2nd pass .. only one way to find out !!

Something you said a while back stuck with me 

"You're prepared to do whatever it takes to get to the desired final result you're looking for "..ie youd have a 2nd procedure If needs be ..

Something tells me you wont be needing one 😊

Z

We'll see. Right now things are trending up, but I'm greedy. 😅 Have been balding since my early 20's and now see what I've been missing for all these years. Will make a decision once C-19 has run its course. Right now nobody is getting into India. I'm sure when this is all over Eugenix is going to have a line out the door.

-Fluff

I hear you re the what you’ve been missing out on all those years ...

people in general just seem ...friendlier 🤔...and yes ..chicks do seem to do more “double takes “...when there’s a frame to face ..

that’s another conversation altogether 😊

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zoomster said:

I hear you re the what you’ve been missing out on all those years ...

people in general just seem ...friendlier 🤔...and yes ..chicks do seem to do more “double takes “...when there’s a frame to face ..

that’s another conversation altogether 😊

Hair is life which is why HT is life changing.

Looking good, Zoomster- Yes, I would suspect this is the result of anagen desynchronization based upon what I learned from this video (below). 

Have you checked with Dr. Sethi regarding this?

Your HT still looks AMAZING and the actual aesthetic difference is so minor. As HT patients, we are all focused on being hyper-focused on looking closely at the scalp and hair, however, most people are not and upon looking at you would not notice a thing. 

As humans, we tend to rather not have something at all rather than gain something only to lose it, so I can imagine how it feels to have had a slightly denser result at 1st only for it to get ever so slightly less dense.

You mentioned that your buddy said regarding mid-scalp density that in real world situations no one would even notice. I agree.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your journey. As others said, you can always go for another 2k grafts.

• Thanks 1

On another note, to Fluffhead- I think your HT looks amazing!

You mentioned in another post that you have been losing hair since your 20s and that you suspect you had been holding steady at a NW3 due to finasteride. 

Given your mentioned family history of NW6 and 7, I personally would save the grafts. While finasteride could (fingers crossed) hold you steady for the rest of your life, I would be thinking worst case such as what if you stop becoming a responder, or what if they determine that long term use of the drug has detrimental effects (hopefully not).

We all hope that there is a cure to all of this in due time in which we have hair cloning available or they figure out how to safely revive all the dormant hair follicles, but I am one to plan for the worst.

Be well and enjoy your amazing new look! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SLA said:

On another note, to Fluffhead- I think your HT looks amazing!

You mentioned in another post that you have been losing hair since your 20s and that you suspect you had been holding steady at a NW3 due to finasteride. 

Given your mentioned family history of NW6 and 7, I personally would save the grafts. While finasteride could (fingers crossed) hold you steady for the rest of your life, I would be thinking worst case such as what if you stop becoming a responder, or what if they determine that long term use of the drug has detrimental effects (hopefully not).

We all hope that there is a cure to all of this in due time in which we have hair cloning available or they figure out how to safely revive all the dormant hair follicles, but I am one to plan for the worst.

Be well and enjoy your amazing new look! 

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Given my family history it would be wise to wait. For the next 9 months, I don’t think a touchup will be possible, so I’m confined to daydreaming for the time being. 😄

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Its night and day from where you have came from, and looking at your donor, a successful second of pass of 1500-2000 grafts will turn this from 10/10 to 11/10.

Go for it! 

I think its looking that way alright ..

Thanks man 

• Administrators

Maybe I’ll be next to you @Zoomster haha when you go in 😝

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.