Caucasian Blonde 2500 FUE Dr. Bhatti *Tracker*

Lennney

Thanks, I'm also excited to see what the temples end up looking like. I tried to get my haircut today, but the barber I see may be out for a couple weeks due to injury. I guess I'll have to keep growing it for now.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

4 hours ago, HLPToronto said:

I think I wouldn't want my hair cut until 120 day mark. Just so you are able to see each and every follicle sprouting, shredding and coming back to life. it's an interesting journey 

I think my HT will look better with it grown out, but I am more concerned with the rest of my hair looking goofy. I already feel better seeing how much growth there is. I had 0 hairs before, and now I have hundreds in those areas. I can see changes in my hair almost daily. I've looked about 10 times or so for the mythic "little white hairs" people have, and can't find them. My hair seems to come from nowhere.

• Like 1

Airfare guide

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dr Tejinder Bhatti said:

Thanks for posting your update.

Thanks Dr Bhatti! It's looking even better now that I've grown it out a bit. I've got another update due in a couple days.

I've had a crazy realization moment today. The fin I was taking wasn't fin, but tinfal biotin pills.😐 

The good news is that my hair may improve more, now that I've "started it". The bad news is obviously I've not been taking fin this entire time.

Airfare guide

Just now, Dr Tejinder Bhatti said:

Hi,

Inspite of having omitted, you are doing alright. I will recommend you start Finasteride right away.

Yes, I was diligent with the tinfal (I thought was another brand name for finasteride like proscar and others), and I will be even more diligent with the fin you provided me. 

I meant to mention also, there are at least two other active members who received your HT on this forum:

@HLPToronto and @Petroholic I believe. 

I'm excited with the growth I'm seeing, and every day it gets better!

• Like 1

Airfare guide

Hello all, I am updating with my 105 day progress (3.5 months). Dark blue shirt is AM (surprisingly contained morning hair) and green shirt is 10 minutes post shower hair in PM.

Apr241.jpg

apr242.jpg

apr243.jpg

apr244.jpg

apr245.jpg

apr246.jpg

apr247.jpg

apr248.jpg

• Like 1

Airfare guide

Thanks Cosmo, I really like the framing of my hairline too! It's not too high where I'm disappointed with the HT, and not low that it will look comical in 10 years. I've always had a big forehead. I think I now have a slightly large forehead. I went from a 6-head to a 4.5head.

Airfare guide

The growth has started and is on par with what has been told to us by doctors before HT at 3.5 month mark 

The only thing that is unexpected is the fact that HT will go unnoticeable . At this stage also your HT is very much noticeable . The hair coming out in a particular shape is not natural and people are bound to notice like In my case .

I think you mentioned that you are wearing a cap. I think that is required. The other option is getting a buzz cut every month till 5-6 months .

Have you considered using fibres to pass this awkward stage . I am a month behind you at 2.5 month mark and have ordered caboki to manage this stage .

6 minutes ago, Petroholic said:

The growth has started and is on par with what has been told to us by doctors before HT at 3.5 month mark 

The only thing that is unexpected is the fact that HT will go unnoticeable . At this stage also your HT is very much noticeable . The hair coming out in a particular shape is not natural and people are bound to notice like In my case .

I think you mentioned that you are wearing a cap. I think that is required. The other option is getting a buzz cut every month till 5-6 months .

Have you considered using fibres to pass this awkward stage . I am a month behind you at 2.5 month mark and have ordered caboki to manage this stage .

Not sure what you mean about buzz cut every 5 months. I do wear a hat constantly, I'm afraid I won't know life without it, even when my HT comes in! Anyway, I didn't wear a hat today at a pharmacy, and the doc who had only seen me prior with a hat didn't mention anything. I again attribute this to American culture of not wanting to offend anyone. 

I have not considered using any hair products because of the hats I wear. If it was impossible to wear a hat, I would more likely wear makeup to conceal the redness, as opposed to wearing hair where I didn't have it. Does that make sense? My logic is: I looked pretty bald before,and I look bald(ing) now. I didn't wear a hat because I was bald post HT, I wore it for the redness and not wanting to have awkward conversations where I defend my decisions... Now I wear it because I'm used to it, and those I interact with are used to it.

They're going to ask questions and such whenever I stop wearing my hat, regardless of having an HT or not (if someone wears a hat non-stop for 5 months, people notice). I plan to shed the hat permanently late May, very close to my 135 day update. I will start a job then. I'm already not embarrassed by the redness. I just see that as the natural pivot point where I meet new people, and establish a new normal.

Airfare guide

2 hours ago, Lennney said:

Hello all, I am updating with my 105 day progress (3.5 months). Dark blue shirt is AM (surprisingly contained morning hair) and green shirt is 10 minutes post shower hair in PM.

Apr241.jpg

apr242.jpg

apr243.jpg

apr244.jpg

apr245.jpg

apr246.jpg

apr247.jpg

apr248.jpg

Growing really well Lenny. Looks like Dr.Bhatti did a great job on you.

That's right the place and culture where you are living matters a lot. I am currently doing a job in a small town in India ( Agra ). People here are interested a lot in other people's lives and are not afraid to speak anything out .

People noticing , commenting etc although should be a minor consideration in the journey for a final goal . 

For you wearing a hat for 6 months should entirely solve this problem .

In my job I have to wear formals so cannot wear a cap . My options are to get a no. 1 trim ( buzz cut ) all over every month for 6 months  or maybe use hair fibre (although am a natural sort of guy and hate using any hair products ) or maybe let ppl say whatever they want to and just remember the final goal .

13 hours ago, Petroholic said:

That's right the place and culture where you are living matters a lot. I am currently doing a job in a small town in India ( Agra ). People here are interested a lot in other people's lives and are not afraid to speak anything out .

People noticing , commenting etc although should be a minor consideration in the journey for a final goal . 

For you wearing a hat for 6 months should entirely solve this problem .

In my job I have to wear formals so cannot wear a cap . My options are to get a no. 1 trim ( buzz cut ) all over every month for 6 months  or maybe use hair fibre (although am a natural sort of guy and hate using any hair products ) or maybe let ppl say whatever they want to and just remember the final goal .

I understand your concerns petroholic, we are all pretty much in the same boat and trying to hide this awkward look as much as possible for the next 6 months or so.

I also work in the corporate environment, even when you wear formals, a flat cap looks nice enough for any office environment my friend. I am wearing it whenever I go to the office just a few days in a month ( fortunately, I run my office stuff and personal business mostly from home ) . 

if I go to the office 10 days in a month, I have started going to another office location which is way less busy location, less people around  more and more. so practically i am just facing office people/my boss 4 days a month for next months and my boss is cool with the flat cap look..... she even said I look trendy in this :) so this is an option you should explore within your organization. 

I never had to ask, neither I will for any approval... when few close friends and co workers including my boss wondered about  the new look, i simply said that I decided to shave my head to fix my diffused thinning stage as they are aware,  and  I am trying some serious scalp therapies and medications, initial is shedding/redness phase due to minoxidil... so a flat cap is much better  :) with a smile on my face and no one bothered me anymore with other questions. 

its no ones business even at work to restrict you to not wear cap for sometime, it could be infection, religious ground, on humanitarian ground, no one should ask you about the flat cap.. or deny the right to wear it.... PLUS it really suits overall office attire. 

But if you can't really do it due to extremely strict policies,  or ask to WFH for a few months , then buy hair fibre and dermmatch.

Conceal your hair with dermmatch first, then sprinkle a little caboki or toppik and you are good to go without a hat

In my opinion, dont buzz cut every month if you are planning to wear hair fiber and concealer as little length is always required to overlap and cover your scalp/redness and then brushing it all together will hide any awkward bald areas during growth phase.  You have good amount of native hair , so it should be easy to cove naturally and look nice with fibers, it will come with practice ....

download.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my 120 day - 4 month update photos:

* Also, I personally feel that my hair looks much better under normal lighting, AND I recently went to a formal event without headwear. I didn't get any mentions, but its a start into the hat-free lifestyle that will come in the next few weeks.

may91.jpg

may92.jpg

may93.jpg

may94.jpg

Airfare guide

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, HLPToronto said:

I think I wouldn't want my hair cut until 120 day mark. Just so you are able to see each and every follicle sprouting, shredding and coming back to life. it's an interesting journey 

Also, great advice Toronto! I think I've gone about as long as I can without a haircut, and my barber is still out. I do think my hair looks more improved with the length, and it is beginning to be difficult (good thing) to distinguish where my natural hair ends and my HT begins. I'll ask for my haircut to keep top length & trim sides and crown area.

• Like 1

Airfare guide

6 minutes ago, Lennney said:

Also, great advice Toronto! I think I've gone about as long as I can without a haircut, and my barber is still out. I do think my hair looks more improved with the length, nd it is beginning to be difficult (good thing) to distinguish where my natural hair ends and my HT begins. I'll ask for my haircut to keep top length & trim sides and crown area.

yes, side trim is required. I am almost there :)  and already started to feel the same it's getting difficult slowly for me as well to distinguish 

@HLPToronto Be sure to keep us posted on your own progress too, you'll be approaching 2 months this week I believe. **I'll preface this by saying that for me, the 2 month update was the worst** I looked not great at 2 months, but I knew it was part of the journey, so I never felt "down". All of the journey has been exciting, and I think I appreciate my recent growth even more because of it. For me it was also true that I looked worse at 2 months than I did before the HT. Glad you're feeling great with your progress!

Edited by Lennney
** added preface ** Since I may have been incoherent.
  • Like 1

Airfare guide

2 hours ago, Lennney said:

@HLPToronto Be sure to keep us posted on your own progress too, you'll be approaching 2 months this week I believe. **I'll preface this by saying that for me, the 2 month update was the worst** I looked not great at 2 months, but I knew it was part of the journey, so I never felt "down". All of the journey has been exciting, and I think I appreciate my recent growth even more because of it. For me it was also true that I looked worse at 2 months than I did before the HT. Glad you're feeling great with your progress!

Thanks Lennney ! Yes, I will be posting my updates with pics but I thought of collecting /capturing my own growth (almost every week) and post an update straight at 4 month mark.

That post should reflect 2 months, 3 months, 4 months update all at once ( personally I am taking pics for my own records almost daily) 

:) I am happy for your growth as 5-6 month is the real game changer for 90% of patients, so you should see a thick bush shortly . good luck 

• Like 1