I need a less ethical HT surgeon

Basically everything you have written, starting from your thread title, over your comment how bad your situation is (with people staring at you etc.), sticking to this nonsense 17 % (please do not tell me again, that a reputable dr. has told you so), to your desire to remove your hairline for SMP

Actually, you sound like have freaked out to me. I think it is a good time to hold tight and leave your hair alone for a while. I am certain you will regret you next move if you act now. 

• Like 1

I'd very much prefer to leave the hairline alone and just do the SMP but I'm concerned it's not going to match. The hair on the sides of my head is much lighter.

Maybe a good doctor can make it blend together idk, if I do go the SMP route I'll definitely take their advice on that.

The thread title was also a reference to something the doc said, that it wouldn't be ethical for him to do more work on me anytime soon, that I needed to wait. I'm not sure if that's true or he's just being overly conservative.

And people definitely do give my hair weird looks lol idk what to say there. I'm not insane.

Edited by whyevenbother

I think your hair looks good. Much better than I expected. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

Gas,

Makes a lot of sense, acting impulsively id never a good idea. Honestly, I haven’t seen any issues with your hair at all, the hairline looks normal, I don’t see ridging, pitting or cobblestoning. You look pretty good in my opinion. We are our worst critics snd honestly, people are way too self absorbed now a days to look at you, nothing about you screams unnatural or HT. Just looks like you have a slightly receded hairline.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You’ve received a lot of good advice from forum members. Your ethical doctor advised you to wait for 2 years before considering another procedure. That seems like solid advice. And maybe in 2 years your head will be in a better place and your expectations will be realistic.

By your own estimate your hair loss is actively progressing, despite the use of finasteride and dutasteride. 6000 grafts is enough to pack the front and middle thirds when you need to, but that is not now. Your hair loss patten warrants a conservative approach. You should thank your surgeon.

Remember, life doesn’t end at 40. Don’t sacrifice your appearance for the rest of your life to chase a juvenile hairline for a few years in your mid-thirties. You will sorely regret it.

Edited by Spaceman

On 10/2/2018 at 12:03 PM, whyevenbother said:

Regarding donor I only asked one of the 2 doctors I saw recently and he said I have around 6000 grafts left.

IMG_20181001_205255.jpg

I think you look decent here.

Do you have a photo immediately post-op (or even pre-op) of your first FUE at 1,700grafts? That number of grafts covering front and mid scalp (not including temples) is sparse. A cosmetically normal looking density is roughly about 40 grafts/square centimeter but you covered both front/mid scalp which at 1,700 grafts would probably come out to 25 grafts/sq cm; your density seem to be as expected.

Edited by fortuneplant

It looks OK to me and you haven't even given it a chance. No way will your second HT have fully grown in 4 months. The same applies to the other post you made 1-month post op with concerns about the hair angles. At one month it would have been shedding all over the place. You have to give it at least 18 months.

The 17% comment sounds like it came from 1700 grafts over a 100 sq cm. If you had no hairloss you would have about the equivalent to 100 grafts per sq cm, hence 1700/10000 = 17%

If it makes you feel any better then mine is not much better at about 25% on average. Frontal hairline is probably 45%, and some areas at the back as low as 10%.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

At four months, there is a lot of new growth on the horizon about to erupt!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi there Whyevenbother I feel your emotions here, it is not easy when you feel unhappy with the outcome of taking such a big step when it comes to having hair restoration.  I have been there, like us all and still there actually, I lost my hair in my early 20's and it most certainly erodes a way at your self-esteem and even worse when people stair and tell you again and again your head looks like a cabbage doll effect or planted sparse planted forest, to name a few of the comments and it pretty much destroys your inner well-being, but as the years move on and you get older you come to accept it until one day you get the chance to right it.

As much as anyone tries to help you here by sharing your hair is looking pretty okay, it is you alone that has to come to terms with how you feel inside and it is plainly obvious at this stage you are not happy and therefore if you are still in a financial situation to do something about it then it will cost you nothing to at least get some seconds opinions from some of the other Doctors out there that maybe in close proximity to where you live.

I don't usually do this but for you I m going to attach a current photo of how my hair still looks to this day after having in the early days 3 actual operations and trust me I believe with your hair my friend there will be some Doctors out there that will lift your spirits especially if you still have grafts left to perform these operations.  

All the best to you and hope you find happiness up the track.

PS: I m actually going to begin using Scenar therapy on my scalp because I have heard many reports of people receiving wonderful benefits of even growing their eyebrows back, so I believe it might very well assist with any further hair loss at least and as for growth that will be an added bonus in the mix.

Photo on 7-02-14 at 11.43 am #3.jpg

• Administrators

Wow thanks for posting this, do you have any grafts left? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey there Melvin,

Actually since those very early 1980's since the restorations were done. I really have not been in that financial position to pursue any further work, we have Doctors here in NZ, but very expensive per graft, as I've notice here not even one doctor from my side of the world is even recommended so that does not in-still a lot of confidence in me for starters going down that route even if I had the finances to tackle it within my own country.

So far my 3 operations consisted of the following back in the early 80's, having said all this I had an extremely ethical and integrity based Man in the late Dr Bruce Fox whom was an exceptional Plastic Surgeon, though the technology just was not available in those early days of grafting, he even at the time was one of the first to try laser in regards to hair transplantation, but was not happy with the results at that time of development.

I underwent 3 actual operations over the space of a year and a half, but very few grafts were used in those days, If I recall not even 1st75, 2nd150 3rd 250 grafts were utilised during those 3 procedures, he created the hairline based the premise as I aged.

I actually wanted it lower in my early 20's and he said no way, he would not do that, as I mature he said it will look out of place and we have to conserve your donor area, so despite my wants at that time he would not proceed, that is what I mean by very ethical and caring of his patients. A very nice Doctor with pleasant manner too.

Many thanks for your feedback

Edited by zealander

Hope things work out for you.  When you cut hair short, it is very hard to guage density.  If you grow it, then you can see if it lacks adequate density.  What kind of doc takes money and shoots for a 17% density goal when the objective is to have hair that looks normal after paying thousands of dollars.  

If the doc couldn’t help plan this properly from the beginning, then he should have never touched your scalp IMO.  Why take someones money only to leave them in a half ass limbo?  What was the ultimate goal here?  Why the conservative approach and why did he fail to inform the nitty gritty details that you need 50% density after he took your money?  What is that all about?  Surgery is not a joke and doctors need to fully inform pagients and avoid FAILING to inform any detail or hide shit.