Which surgeon shall I choose in Turkey?

Rookieboy

Kaan is not a "never heard" surgeon. He worked for HLC and Keser. Here are some first results and more in other Forums.

Nah, you cut out the second but very important part of my post, just for the sake of argument apparently.

I wouldn't go with a never heard of surgeon who hasn't at least been vetted through patient experiences on HRN.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... stick and place and I think that it is the best technique for when transplanting into existing hair or when having a second or third touchup procedure.

If it's your first procedure and you have advanced hairloss I wouldn't worry about stick and place though. Instead I would search out the major density kings who excel at just "simple" dense packing.

The main advantage of stick and place is that out of body time of the grafts is reduced. This is supposed to give better growth. Also typically one person is doing the entire procedure, which theretically should give more consisten results. Drawback is that the number of grafts / day is limited.

If the loss is advanced, dense packing is not (!) the highest priority either. A good plan and wise distribution is.

Nah, you cut out the second but very important part of my post, just for the sake of argument apparently.

I wouldn't go with a never heard of surgeon who hasn't at least been vetted through patient experiences on HRN.

Like I said: This is not a never heard surgeon. He worked for the best clinics in turkey. And he is doing most of the procedure himself (unklike Erdogan for example), which makes him attractive to a certain group of clients. Just like Erdogan is the right one for a certain type of patients. I personally think, this is a borderline case here and not a clear "Erdogan type" as the loss is not that big. yet

HRN is a great site, but only the starting point of the research. This site recommends Yamann and Beehner, but not clinics like Lorenzo or Couto as far as I know. That alone is telling. I agree your point that caution is important, but your point is very one sided. There are much more forums which help to guide a clinic than HRN.

The main advantage of stick and place is that out of body time of the grafts is reduced. This is supposed to give better growth. Also typically one person is doing the entire procedure, which theretically should give more consisten results. Drawback is that the number of grafts / day is limited.

If the loss is advanced, dense packing is not (!) the highest priority either. A good plan and wise distribution is.

Like I said: This is not a never heard surgeon. He worked for the best clinics in turkey. And he is doing most of the procedure himself (unklike Erdogan for example), which makes him attractive to a certain group of clients. Just like Erdogan is the right one for a certain type of patients. I personally think, this is a borderline case here and not a clear "Erdogan type" as the loss is not that big. yet

HRN is a great site, but only the starting point of the research. This site recommends Yamann and Beehner, but not clinics like Lorenzo or Couto as far as I know. That alone is telling. I agree your point that caution is important, but your point is very one sided. There are much more forums which help to guide a clinic than HRN.

The best usage case for the stick and place technique is for transplanting in between existing native hair or for in between previously transplanted hair - second or subsequent procedures.

Persons suffering from advanced hairloss especially in their first procedure will not benefit greatly from the stick and place technique.

Actually if the surgeon is doing all the stick and placement himself the graft placement part will involve longer duration and thus possibly longer time out of the body.

Maybe you have noticed or not, but I have Couto in my signature and I also do mention cases and literature from Lorenzo in my posts from time to time.

While my posts are aimed at helping the OP as my ultimate aim, your second post, again with inaccuracies and partial information, shows to me you are just trying win some baseless argument.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Maybe you have noticed or not, but I have Couto in my signature and I also do mention cases and literature from Lorenzo in my posts from time to time.

While my posts are aimed at helping the OP as my ultimate aim...

Seems like I have really difficulties to follow your argumentation, sorry. In my opinion your argument with Couto and Lorenzo just proof my point and not yours: There are great clinics which are not recommended here (like Lorenzo) and also have almost no results by user posted here (Couto).

This statement is what I just said and obviusly you agree! Only difference: I have the same opinion about Lorenzo, Couto and Kaan in that regard, you only about Lorenzo and Couto. Why don't we leave it there and do not accuse each other for bad intentions? If the TO is interested in a certain clinic, he has to do the research for himself anyway.

Seems like I have really difficulties to follow your argumentation, sorry. In my opinion your argument with Couto and Lorenzo just proof my point and not yours: There are great clinics which are not recommended here (like Lorenzo) and also have almost no results by user posted here (Couto).

This statement is what I just said and obviusly you agree! Only difference: I have the same opinion about Lorenzo, Couto and Kaan in that regard, you only about Lorenzo and Couto. Why don't we leave it there and do not accuse each other for bad intentions? If the TO is interested in a certain clinic, he has to do the research for himself anyway.

Gasthoerer, there are some aggressive people here, right?

I agree with you when you say that there are other forums and websites that can offer some other dr and examples of their work and that it is up to the individual to choose.

We are here to offer our experience and support, that is how i see it.

With that said dr Kaan is a young doctor with not many HT operations done by him, but there is a dozen of examples on that italian site. If that is enough for Rookieboy ok, after all it is his decision.

With that said dr Kaan is a young doctor with not many HT operations done by him, but there is a dozen of examples on that italian site. If that is enough for Rookieboy ok, after all it is his decision.

Thank you, yes! It is everyones responsiblity to search for himself. We can only give hints. I always recommend to search several forums as ervery forum has its favorites.

If this Dr. K proves himself to be the next Keser/Erdogan through proven patient experiences on here I will give the props that are due.

While I have a large amount of personal experience and also knowledge spanning several decades, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong or reluctant to add another recommended doctor.

But it has to be proven first.

Also this thread was about recommended doctors in "Turkey" not others in Spain or elsewhere.

And my biggest issue was being half quoted in what I said. So I'm just as confused as anyone regarding some of the comments (including "aggressive posters").

We don't have to be politically correct on every word we say, for example getting into semantics about lesser known doctors (never heard of, not well known etc etc...)

We are adamant about protecting patients from having poor results, some like myself who have been on the receiving end of both subpar and amazing results so I know both ends of the spectrum.

Anyway hope the OP ends up with a surgeon that meets his needs and can give him optimal results.

go dense or go home

My remark, aggressive posters, was written based on my experience on this site and this thread. Fact is that since my first post 3 out of 5 replies or comments toward me was aggressive instead of constructive or helpful. Another fact is that this guy asked us to suggest sugents in Turkey but in the last 15 or 20 post there were no suggestions, only arguments... so to get back to topic, here is a list of some of the recommended doctors in Turkey (from 4 diferent sites):

Dr. Erdogan Koray, Istanbul

Dr. Hakan Doganay, Antalya

Hairline Clinic, Ankara

Dr. Tayfun Ouguzoglu, Istanbul

Dr. Erm? Karadeniz, Istanbul

Klinika Cosmedica , Istanbul

Dr. Resul Yaman, Istanbul

Dr. Serkan Aygin, Istanbul

Dr. Keser Ankara

Dr. Erkan Demirsoy

Dr. ?zlem Bicer

Dr. Cink

Search, google and email them, try to find similar cases for you to get the real idea of what you can expect from each doctor.

To me you look like you still have a good thick hair (you are in early stages of AA), and a solid donor, and i think that with a good HT and some preventive medications you can keep you hair and good looks for a long, long time.

My advice to you is that you need to account for some native hair shock loss (temporary or even permanent), especially if you haven't shaved your hair in a long time, and/or posibillity of future hair loss.

Good luck

Just go to Erdogan. Everything I have seen of Kaan is impressive and as are his credentials but there really isn't enough on any forum to conclude he's worth going to. And why would one pick Kaan over Keser or Oztan who have long term proven track records and in my opinion still visibly better results on average than Kaans?

OP is not a stick and place case, he is a 3000 graft megasession case requiring full frontal third restoration. There is no other doctor in Turkey that is a better option for this case than Erdogan.

Go to Erdogan OP. Problem solved.

And as hsrp10 mentioned, people get aggressive here because anyone who has flicked through forums for even ten minutes sees plenty of people throwing away tens of thousands along with butchering themselves cosmetically and their potential for future procedures. Don't take advice from Alex84 for example who acts like a pillar of reason when he went to a no-name hospital clinic in Turkey with horrible results and subsequently chose Doganay who is notoriously unethical in multitudes of ways and has been for years, as backed by hundreds of forum complaints.

Guys thank you all for your advice, which is invaluable. Do you think I have advanced hair loss?? Maybe I am in denial about the extent of my hair loss.

And are there any negative reviews of Dr Erdogan koray.? It seems like he has flawless results. What is your opinion about Dr Demirsoy? I'm tempted by the lower price albeit I can afford the more expensive surgeons

Would you recommend a trip to Turkey to have an in person consultation before I choose a clinic ( most likely Erdogan koray) and if you guys could recommend anyone in the world for my hair restoration who would it be?

Guys thank you all for your advice, which is invaluable. Do you think I have advanced hair loss?? Maybe I am in denial about the extent of my hair loss.

And are there any negative reviews of Dr Erdogan koray.? It seems like he has flawless results. What is your opinion about Dr Demirsoy? I'm tempted by the lower price albeit I can afford the more expensive surgeons

You hair loss doesn't look to bad, but you won't know the full extent of your HL until you shave your head. Also, you are not a 20 year old kid at the start of your HL, you are somewhere in the middle of your HL which is, considering your age, probably slowing down, so one good HT could give you a solid set of hair. Maybe in the future you do need one more but you will see that in time.

I would advise you that when you do decide on your HT you do your whole front 1/3, not just around that frontal patch of hair.

Get an online consultation .. save time n money .. if u making the effort to travel .. then might as well do it when u there .. unless u don’t feel confident in them in person then leave ..

Yes, there is no need for face to face consultation. Just send plenty of photos like clinics take before the op and save your money.

• 3 weeks later...

Just my 2cents. While researching was impressed with Erdogan and Kesers results.

What put me off having a HT in Turkey was the grafts numbers quoted. Which seemed excessive for the area being covered.

I’d rather pay slightly more and preserve my precious donor.

• 3 weeks later...
Just my 2cents. While researching was impressed with Erdogan and Kesers results.

What put me off having a HT in Turkey was the grafts numbers quoted. Which seemed excessive for the area being covered.

I’d rather pay slightly more and preserve my precious donor.

This is true for most but not for all. Keser and Pekiner work with lowest numbers possible.

I see his name a lot on this forum but there are very few examples of his work on here and even less documented cases from beginning to end.

Also, if he can only do 500 grafts per day and I need 4000 grafts, I am not up for being in a chair for 8 days!

I see his name a lot on this forum but there are very few examples of his work on here and even less documented cases from beginning to end.

Also, if he can only do 500 grafts per day and I need 4000 grafts, I am not up for being in a chair for 8 days!

Are you talking about Keser? If you need 4000 grafts, he will turn you down anyway. He is very selective.

If you need 4000 more or less and are not up for being in a chair for days then go with Dr. Erdoğan ;)

I'm still searching. So guys and gurus for my final loss who would be the best surgeon in the world for me. Irrelevant of price and location. I am open to outside of Turkey as well. Thank you allsas always

Are you talking about Keser? If you need 4000 grafts, he will turn you down anyway. He is very selective.

If you need 4000 more or less and are not up for being in a chair for days then go with Dr. Erdoğan ;)

Do you know what Keser charges per graft?