Which surgeon shall I choose in Turkey?

Rookieboy

Hi Guys,

This is an amazing forum and thank you all for your hard work.

I'm 35 years old with a frontal hair loss for the past 7 years. I have only one uncle with hair loss of the crown, no other family is effected. I'm fit and healthy. Photos attached.

I've had three consultations in the UK all saying I have good donor hair and have said I'll need 1500 grafts and have quoted me ?3500.

After reading on this forum and having had two of my friends having had very successful hair transplants in Turkey, I decided on Turkey.

I have the following treatment plans and costs

1. Dr Erdogan Koray 2700 grafts for 7000 euros

2. Dr Erkan Demirsoy 2500-3000 grafts for 1.25euro per graft

3. Dr Resul Yaman 1800-2200 grafts at 1 euro per graft

4. Dr Ali Karadenis 3000-5000 hairs for 3000 euro

5. Dr Hakan Dogonay 2000 grafts for 4000 euros

Which surgeon would you recommend, my top two choices are Dr Erdogan koray or Dr Demirsoy. I like his results and the fact I'm the only patient and he does most of the work and I can save 3500 compared to dr Erdogan. Also why is there such a difference between the grafts required in the UK or there, is it just down to it being an online consultation.

IMG_5190.jpg.f30063ad9eda5e3ef4d6349c6ca3ff3c.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg.6309e0af8b67977180e0488e9b20a326.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg.5df26b407701c37983cd5e5653f61757.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg.75684065992fb616cc010e079c7be81c.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only two doctors I would go to Turkey and they are Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Keser.

People like to lump all of the Turkish docs into one group and say the results are "not that different" but that is not true.

Erdogan stands out by miles ahead in terms of amazing results and few if any cases of subpar results.

Keser is up there too but the clinic communication is not the greatest.

The others are just in tier 2 or 3 lower and are only chosen by people looking for a cheap doc.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

good luck man, they are hard to get in touch with at times, and sometimes takes quite a while to get a response from their rep.

Forum member Gatsu on here went with Keser and has some writeups and you can also try to send him a PM. You can see the previous work Dr. Keser did in his final thread with 3rd procedure with Dr. Lupanzula for temples and midscalp.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187515-2987grafts-dr-lupanzula-6.html

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

There are only two doctors I would go to Turkey and they are Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Keser.

People like to lump all of the Turkish docs into one group and say the results are "not that different" but that is not true.

Erdogan stands out by miles ahead in terms of amazing results and few if any cases of subpar results.

Keser is up there too but the clinic communication is not the greatest.

The others are just in tier 2 or 3 lower and are only chosen by people looking for a cheap doc.

I can't see a single before after photo on his website for some reason?

If you're talking about Keser their site is often down and maybe they've upgraded it etc.

Check out forum user Gatsu's results with Keser (I bumped up and older thread here recently).

Based on my research, inside Turkey Erdogan and Keser are the highest recommended doctors and a lot of foreign language forums also highly recommend Keser.

He is not my top choice for Turkey and doesn't make the final cut for my top recommendations in my signature, but he is only one of two I recommend if looking into Turkish docs.

go dense or go home

Thanks hsrp10. I will contact Dr Keser.

Smart move. Especially at your age (34/35). Keser can do Erdogan-like work with non-Erdogan graft counts. And under age 40, you’ll in all likelihood need to save grafts for later :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

If you're talking about Keser their site is often down and maybe they've upgraded it etc.

Check out forum user Gatsu's results with Keser (I bumped up and older thread here recently).

Based on my research, inside Turkey Erdogan and Keser are the highest recommended doctors and a lot of foreign language forums also highly recommend Keser.

He is not my top choice for Turkey and doesn't make the final cut for my top recommendations in my signature, but he is only one of two I recommend if looking into Turkish docs.

Oztan is well worth looking into as well. Using stick and place technique similar to Keser and involved throughout the full procedure.

Personally I think that unless you're a NW2 Erdogan is the best option in Turkey, a transplant isn't horrific but at 500-750 grafts a day I don't think I could endure that with Keser even if I think Keser offers among the best FUE results in the world and that stick and place will in general provide better results.

Hello, firstly you can browse through this site using the search option, titles only, by the name of the doctor. For reference try finding patients with the similar hair loss and degree, along with the similar hair color. Then you can decide on how many grafts is needed and wich doctor can give you what you want. Also, do this on the internet, and do not take reference from the patients on the clinics websites; every clinic has had 10 or 15 satisfied clients!

Koray Erdogan is an excelent doctor, but so are the others.

You need to understand why Erdogan has so many satisfied clients:

1. he is very selective with his potential patients-he is so well acclaimed that he can chose only good patients and say no to others (thick hair, great donor, not difficult HL, not many diffuse HL, FIN users only and so on)

2. he tends to use 20-50% more hair for HT than others (so the results look great in the short run)

It is just his business model.

I did my HT at dr Doganay and for now i am satisfied, but i also considered/contacted dr Erdogan, dr Demirsoy and dr Civas.

I can't see a single before after photo on his website for some reason?

Yeah, there are so many unfinished Keser threads on this forum that i am wondering why?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/search.php?searchid=3152863

Thanks Guys,

Dr Keser thinks I'll need 1500-2000 grafts.

I'm still searching. I'm also looking at Dr Oztan. Any more advice will be welcome.

alex84 how much of the work was done by Dr Dogonay and how many patients did he have?

Were you not put off by his negative reviews from a few years ago

Thanks Guys,

Dr Keser thinks I'll need 1500-2000 grafts.

I'm still searching. I'm also looking at Dr Oztan. Any more advice will be welcome.

alex84 how much of the work was done by Dr Dogonay and how many patients did he have?

Were you not put off by his negative reviews from a few years ago

Hello, dr Doganay did all my implantation, and the tech did the extraction. You can read my step by step experiance here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188759-hair-transplant-ahd-dr-hakan-doganay.html

I wasn't put off because i kind of know what happened in 2015 for dr Doganay, and since then he didn't have any bad results...But one of his employees is still trolling on this site and rewiving his mistakes so it looks more than it is.

He is an excelent dr, when he is doing implantations and not his techs, so that was my request for doing the op with him.

Also, a few of the guys from my country forum had an operation with him and they all seemed happy and had good results.

You can also check my first HT experiance where you can see what happens when you rush in to do a HT without real reserch:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188801-bad-experience-sante-3000grafts.html

Don't consider or go to Doganay. Only a moron would. We aren't talking about one bad result or one instance of unethical conduct. It was systematic and went on for years.

Don't consider or go to Doganay. Only a moron would. We aren't talking about one bad result or one instance of unethical conduct. It was systematic and went on for years.

Well thank you JeanLDD, your choice of words says a lot about your decision making abilities!

Rookieboy, as i said before browse through this site and don't rush you decision.

Well thank you JeanLDD, your choice of words says a lot about your decision making abilities!

Rookieboy, as i said before browse through this site and don't rush you decision.

And your choice of doctor shows a lot about your decision making abilities. A decision maker who chooses a doctor who reused equipment that was supposed to be thrown away after the procedure, caused infections, outright avoided performing any of the surgery on various patients and left it all to technicians, left untrained technicians to work on patients, had likely over 100 bad (or worse) results over a period of a few years, destroyed donors and refused to repair any of this on many occasions or offer refunds. Noticeably you also went to a no-name clinic with bad reviews and very little available information on it online for your first procedure. One with zero presence on major forums either. You're the definition of a terrible decision-maker.

Don't act like the word moron isn't justified or that its out of place here, we're adults and this is the real world. Peoples lives are ruined by bad transplants and unethical doctors like yours. Time to grow up mate.

And your choice of doctor shows a lot about your decision making abilities. A decision maker who chooses a doctor who reused equipment that was supposed to be thrown away after the procedure, caused infections, outright avoided performing any of the surgery on various patients and left it all to technicians, left untrained technicians to work on patients, had likely over 100 bad (or worse) results over a period of a few years, destroyed donors and refused to repair any of this on many occasions or offer refunds. Noticeably you also went to a no-name clinic with bad reviews and very little available information on it online for your first procedure. One with zero presence on major forums either. You're the definition of a terrible decision-maker.

Don't act like the word moron isn't justified or that its out of place here, we're adults and this is the real world. Peoples lives are ruined by bad transplants and unethical doctors like yours. Time to grow up mate.

You know this for a fact how? Are you are some kind off HT police? Or do you just trust one gruntled employee who has been trolling here?

As for my first HT i rushed and made my decision based on price and great marketing on balkans from Sante plus hospitals, thay do have 3 hospitals there...you do know that there are other countries other than Australia?

Now please stop posting to me in this members thread and if you have any more questions for me simply send a PM.

Right guys

I have contacted Dr Kaan Pekiner, he does the whole procedure himself, manual punch extractions and stick and place implantation technique. He does 1000 grafts a day and my operation will take three days.

Is there a big difference between stick and place and the normal implant technique.

Right guys

I have contacted Dr Kaan Pekiner, he does the whole procedure himself, manual punch extractions and stick and place implantation technique. He does 1000 grafts a day and my operation will take three days.

Is there a big difference between stick and place and the normal implant technique.

Who?

Just because he's using a similar technique as other top tier surgeons do doesn't make him in their same level.

I wouldn't go with a never heard of surgeon who hasn't at least been vetted through patient experiences on HRN.

Hey but it's your money and scalp..

go dense or go home

Again I don't recommend going with that doc you mentioned as he hasn't been fully vetted through patient experiences on this forum, that is a surefire way to lead yourself in the direction of subpar results.

Dr. Konior does stick and place and I think that it is the best technique for when transplanting into existing hair or when having a second or third touchup procedure.

If it's your first procedure and you have advanced hairloss I wouldn't worry about stick and place though. Instead I would search out the major density kings who excel at just "simple" dense packing. And thus Erdogan remains a recommend Turkish doc in your case.

Again, just because he (the doc you mentioned above) uses the same techniques as other elite surgeons does not make him elite by default.

Proceed with caution is the best advice I can give.

go dense or go home