HT at DermaPlast with Dr Keser, FUE, 1000 grafts

alex84

This is my third HT after my first HT which was a horrible experience, and a second one which was a solid result but it needed a little touch up. It lacked some density in the frontal third and after two and a half years some of my original hairs fell of so i decided to go for a 3rd op with dr. Keser.

Doctor Keser is highly praised as an excellent doctor, with an amazing result, great yield of growth and great density so I decided to go with him considering that this is my last HT because my donor is totally depleted. It was weak to start with, also my hair is very thin, and my first Ht was horrible and destroyed a big part of my donor. For my type of donor, manual punch should have been first and only choice. 

Info about the procedure:

-1000 grafts ht with dr. Keser (max. that the doctor was comfortable extracting, even do I asked for more)

-two day operation, 4 day/3 nights stay in Ankara

-area of coverage: hair line and temples 

-extraction: manual, all done by doctor Keser

-implantation: Pen ?,  all done by doctor Keser

-very professional; the op was completely painless (except for the anesthetic), it was running smoothly with no stopping, consultations before every part of the procedure, assistant/translator was present at all time all time during the operation

-the receiving area very clean, almost no bleeding after, graft placement looks excellent, done as i requested, density very good 

-donor area with almost no bleeding, used the only remaining grafts above the harvested part of the donor 

-first day after th op no swelling, second and third day big swelling of the face

Now i just need to wait and see, but for now it looks very good and clean for three days after the surgery

Dr. Keser photos before, shaved and after:

IMG-20200926-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200926-WA0020.jpg

5 hours ago, alex84 said:

IMG-20200926-WA0005.jpg

Goodness!  So this is a FUE scar??  I've never seen anything like it.  

Good luck with round 3.  Overall you seem to be in a decent position all things considered.

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

15 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Goodness!  So this is a FUE scar??  I've never seen anything like it.  

Good luck with round 3.  Overall you seem to be in a decent position all things considered.

Why would you think that that is a fue scar?

Yeah, it is what it is...could have been smarter the first time but i had no knowledge before my first pick.

Three days after OP it looks very clean, no scabs, a little more swelling on the face, no pain

20200928_185713.jpg

20200928_185717.jpg

20200928_185725.jpg

8 hours ago, alex84 said:

Why would you think that that is a fue scar?

What is it if I may ask?  

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

3 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

What is it if I may ask?  

it is a scar from another medical operation unrelated to HT. I have had it for years and have been thinking of covering it but since my donor is so weak I never did.

• Like 1

Cool, sorry I should have taken more time to read your initial post.

8 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Cool, sorry I should have taken more time to read your initial post.

no problem, I have had it for so long that I forget how it looks to other people. When I was younger and people asked me about it I said that aliens kidnap me and that I was so scared, shut tight, that they couldn't probe me downstairs so they went in through the head or that the doctor said that I have too much brain that he needs to remove some of it. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Valued Contributor
27 minutes ago, alex84 said:

no problem, I have had it for so long that I forget how it looks to other people. When I was younger and people asked me about it I said that aliens kidnap me and that I was so scared, shut tight, that they couldn't probe me downstairs so they went in through the head or that the doctor said that I have too much brain that he needs to remove some of it. :)

Cool! Now I have an alibi for my scars! 😄👍

12 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Looks great. I have similar hair quality so I'm looking forward to your results. Are you on any medication?

Also, do you know if Keser was using magnification when he did the extractions? I've heard that he doesn't.

Thx, i think so too. About hair quality and type of hair loss, yes it was difficult for me to find similar cases to compare. Currently no. I just started Fin yesterday, after 6 months break. I took Fin for two years and then I stopped, no big side effects, but some smaller ones. I ll use fin for a few months because of shock loss, that is my first concern now. If i dont lose any of my original hair this HT will be a success. I used vitamins but i stopped taking them, now I ll start again. 

I am not sure but i think he did have magnification glass.

7th day update

After 7 days my HT is completely undetectable. My donor looks amazing like nothing happened there. Transplanted areas look very good, no scabs, no pain, hairs still didn't fell off. I don't know what to say but it looks excelent

screenshot_589.png

screenshot_590.png

screenshot_591.png

20 hours ago, Kaya said:

Everything looks good so far :) What is your age?

Keser uses his own punches he designed to extract and catheter needle to implant.

Thx, i am 36 years old. I did not know that about his extraction method but my donor and it looks great ( in the places where he extracted). 

Impressive healing and good design, you should have a great result.

You have a cool looking scar too, like a viking tattoo. If I use my cloud gazing vision I'd say it looks like.... an eagle or pterodactyl landing on a perch! :D

-Hope there's no emotionally charged event that lead up to that and it was just typical rough housing gone bad.

image.png.d01ef97cc30ea8d96c386941bb6fa57b.png

Edited by ciaus

12 hours ago, ciaus said:

Impressive healing and good design, you should have a great result.

You have a cool looking scar too, like a viking tattoo. If I use my cloud gazing vision I'd say it looks like.... an eagle or pterodactyl landing on a perch! :D

-Hope there's no emotionally charged event that lead up to that and it was just typical rough housing gone bad.

image.png.d01ef97cc30ea8d96c386941bb6fa57b.png

You made me laugh so hard with your comment, you have such a vivid imagination.xD
I went and googled that shape because it reminded me of something and I found it to be a triskelion, those three legs going in a circle.

I found it to be the mark was used by the king of Sicily who lived in Syracuse 400 bc. Ridiculous thing is that even do i am from Croatia i was born, on Sicily, in SyracusexD

Maybe i am the reincarnation of that king but if that is so why do I have such bad hair while he has very thick hair in that coin?:D

Silver Drachma from Sicily, minted during the reign of Agathocles (361–289 BC), Greek tyrant of Syracuse (317–289 BC) and king of Sicily (304–289 BC). Inscription: ΣΥΡΑΚΟΣΙΩΝ ("Syrakosion") Laureate head of the youthful Ares to left; behind, Palladion. Reverse: Triskeles of three human legs with winged feet; at the center, Gorgoneion

screenshot_594.png

screenshot_593.png

• 2 weeks later...

30 days update
Nothing special to report, no pain, no redness, no hair :)
It looks like all my transplanted hair has fallen out and now it’s a waiting game.

screenshot_618.png

screenshot_619.png

screenshot_620.png

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

All looking good and on track 👏

i wish that track was faster ;)

• Haha 1