Why NOT to get an FUE- Interview with Dr. Willaim Reed- by Dr. Feller and Bloxham

You can do FUT after a previous FUE procedure. In fact, we do them quite often. The real variable will be the size of the previous FUE procedure. This is because the larger the procedure, the more picked over the donor, and the less you'll get out of a strip. For most people, it's still absolutely worth it and you'll get a good number of quality grafts from the strip. Definitely less than a virgin or previous FUT donor, but still good numbers.

The last one I recall was a patient who had pretty extensive FUE done prior. I don't remember the number precisely, but decent. I did a large FUT on him and was able to get over 2,000 grafts. Thickened up his frontal band and also some filling in the mid-scalp. Not bad for someone who had been hit pretty hard previously.

How many FUEs have you had?

thank you for the reply Dr Bloxham!

I have had 1 fue procedure of 2500 grafts. I've had my donor examined by my fue doctor Dr Bisanga and by Dr Hasson as well and both said I had lots of donor hairs. Dr Bisanga said post fue I still had well over 5000 fue grafts still available and Dr Hasson said easily 7k for fue and more for FUT as I went to him pre my fue procedure and he suggested I'd be a good candidate for either procedure given my donor hair and skin laxity but I was pretty set on fue. I went with fue thinking I would have lots of grafts to play with and that I wasn't a high norwood case that it would be a safe route but ultimately I want the best density/coverage possible and if that's better achieved thru fut I have to consider it for my next procedure. I just wasn't sure if that would be an option given how I started out but relieved to hear that it's still a viable option

Sorry, I answer in here, cause the other thread was closed. Unfortuantely, I have been on a business tripp and could not access the forum (as I do not like to use the company computer). Please apollogize for the late reaction.

And Gasthoerer, PM me your name and phone number and I won't post it online.

Like i mentionen before: If you agree to the conditions which I send by PM and stated in the forum, I would love to be part in this.

believe Gasthrower spoke out of turn by claiming that two doctors -who perform FUE and FUT regularly- offered him FUE to the exclusion of FUT. I believe in actuality there is more to his story that he has been omitting. I asked for his real name but he would not give it.

Please, Dr. Feller, I did not spoke "out of turn". You (!) mentionend two clincis, which (by chance) I had visited before. This is what I wrote:

QUOTE: "I second this choice of surgeons. Personally I had a consultation with two of them in the past, and going to have a further consultation up soon with one of them.

My questions will be after the ongoing discussion here:

- Why did they not recommend FUT but FUE for my case exactly (the gave some explanatio but I will deep dive and ask again).

- Which number of grafts is there borderline between FUE and FUT (in average) in their opinion.

By the way and without judging the methods by this statement: Both of them told me that their majority of work is FUE today. Only one mentioned a number (or maybe from only one I recall) and it was > 90 %. " END OF QUOTE

Furthermore, there is nothing to "ommit". I even gave some specifics to my case, after a poster asked me, why I am going for second visit:

QUOTE"Because I am a difficult case (DPA with bad hair/skin contrast and low hairline), I am planning carefully. I have to decide between several options to start (Front and top, only front, only front in a very conservative way). FUT or FUE depends also on the options I pick. Therefore I am going back to check, after now 2 years on meds, how stable the loss is and which option is best." END OF QUOTE.

Like mentioned before, I am happy to have such a discussion. I am happy to give you (!) my name, if it is not publised online. But my conditions was also to "keep it clean", if the clinic opts in or out. I do not want to be part in a slugfest.

I will ask the clinic I visit this questions anyway, but I admit that with your knowledge the discussion would be much more valuable.

Edited by Gasthoerer

As someone who has had both procedures, I think the best option for someone baldness past NW 2- 3, is to start with FUT and max it out that way. Afterward, you can get FUE into the FUT scar and it will look almost perfect if you choose proper doctors.

That way you will always have FUE in the bank for a rainy day. It makes no sense to be really bald and get a huge FUE mega session bc there is not enough donor to sacrifice without it looking thin and destroyed by those tiny scars.

The reality in this thread has killed me a little. When almost all doctors say FUT is so much better, then you quickly realize this is the case. I for sure am one of those who have overlooked a FUT in favor for FUE but never realized FUT is way better and i've been on hair forums for more than 8 year.

I really really don't want to get a FUT but i also really really don't want to get a FUE which is so so. I'm trying to optimize my result and the only way seem to be FUT.

Two reasons has made me revert to square 0, this thread and that i don't know which direction my hair loss is taking.

Please continue the discussions, even though the truth is hard, it is the only right thing.

Rappy lol the reality of this thread? You mean the biased bullshit from old school doctors too lazy to perform FUE? Do you mean the doctors who pay to be on this website and all have an agenda? Do you mean all of the guys who already got stuck with a strip scar so they say well it was good enough for me it's good enough for you?

Look up some Dr. Diep or HDC results on here and be blown away.

This guy's results inspired me to have a FUE procedure from a doctor in Mexico who charges 1/5th the price Feller does and it turned out to be the best thing i ever did.

You are welcome.

This video gives a detailed answer to your first question:

Your second and third question are too subjective so no way for me to answer. But 10,000 available grafts ?! That's a bit far out there.

For your interest, Koray Erdogan collaborated with a medical university in Turkey to determine the damage on to grafts with a 30K RPM motorized system.

Grafts were analyzed with an electron microscope and the findings of that study were that there was no difference in graft quality with a manual punch vs motorized system.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Not sure why I'm even weighing in here, but here's a different POV than the two sides I keep reading...

-- FUE seems to get great results when things go well in the hands of the right doctor. If I do a procedure, it's gonna be FUE.

-- It's probably inaccurate -- and is certainly not very polite -- to assume Feller or Bloxham are deliberately giving misinformation out of some intricate greedy and lazy scheme. None of us know their private thoughts. And the real lazy and greedy thing to do, actually, is to push procedures for whoever wants them regardless of your own reservations and just have techs do most of the work, cheerlead surgery and watch the money roll in. My read on all this is that Feller totally believes what he's saying. He says we're all skewed by the rare good results posted online...well, perhaps he's a tad skewed by being a guy that patients with bad FUE results come to for help. But I don't think he's wading into the online chaos over and over again because he secretly doesn't believe his own position and thinks that he can somehow make more money by criticizing a hugely popular procedure. And in any case, it's not necessary to question a doctor's sincerity and morality just because we may disagree with his position.

Just my .02

Sorry, I answer in here, cause the other thread was closed. Unfortuantely, I have been on a business tripp and could not access the forum (as I do not like to use the company computer). Please apollogize for the late reaction.

Like i mentionen before: If you agree to the conditions which I send by PM and stated in the forum, I would love to be part in this.

Please, Dr. Feller, I did not spoke "out of turn". You (!) mentionend two clincis, which (by chance) I had visited before. This is what I wrote:

QUOTE: "I second this choice of surgeons. Personally I had a consultation with two of them in the past, and going to have a further consultation up soon with one of them.

- Why did they not recommend FUT but FUE for my case exactly (the gave some explanatio but I will deep dive and ask again).

- Which number of grafts is there borderline between FUE and FUT (in average) in their opinion.

I second this choice of surgeons. Personally I had a consultation with two of them in the past, and going to have a further consultation up soon with one of them.

- Why did they not recommend FUT but FUE for my case exactly (the gave some explanation, but I will deep dive and ask again).

- Which number of grafts is there borderline between FUE and FUT (in average) in their opinion

By the way and without judging the methods by this statement: Both of them told me that their majority of work is FUE today. Only one mentioned a number (or maybe from only one I recall) and it was > 90 %. " END OF QUOTE

Furthermore, there is nothing to "ommit". I even gave some specifics to my case, after a poster asked me, why I am going for second visit:

QUOTE"Because I am a difficult case (DPA with bad hair/skin contrast and low hairline), I am planning carefully. I have to decide between several options to start (Front and top, only front, only front in a very conservative way). FUT or FUE depends also on the options I pick. Therfore I am going back to check, after now 2 years on meds, how stable the loss is and which option is best." END OF QUOTE.

Like mentioned before, I am happy to have such a discussion. I am happy to give you (!) my name, if it is not publised online. But my conditions was also to "keep it clean", if the clinic opts in or out. I do not want to be part in a slugfest.

I will ask the clinic I visit this questions anyway, but I admit that with your knowledge the discussion would be much more valuable.

You called his bluff. The said Dr has no intention of conducting this conversation with FUE doctors and recording it. The reality is that I can't even see them ever agreeing to it. If he he really wanted to or thought he do it, then he would have done this already. I still don't understand why he needs you to disclose your real name to him before he agrees to do it. Rejecting your perfectly reasonable conditions is very convenient.

with better lighting your donor area looks a bit thin,

but after 6000 grafts I guess that's to be expected?

FUE.jpg

I do not understand this comment!

Of course, 6000 grafts will make the donor look thiner. It is simple math, right? Even with FUT the donor would be thinner. Less hair on same surface = thinner.

And yes, you can also see the FUE scars (even though this is a good healing result). But imagine this short with a strip? FUT would be much (!) more easy to call out by anyone not only people from a forum about hairtransplant.

Dr. Feller,

I think in general you are right with this statement. Many patients and folks in the the internet get out of their mind. I think this is human nature. But, if you refer to the case in this forum, which I also have posted in, you have missed also some points.

- The clinic itself was posting within this thread and failed to give information (e. g. medical reasons)

- It is the duty of the clinic to explain to the client (and make sure he understands) that there are (!) medical reasons.

By the way, if any (I am not saying they are) of the claims are correct (like asking for money during surgery or throwing away grafts without any medical indication) this is (!) indeed highly unethical. Especialy the number of grafts discussed in this particular case, are a significant %-tage of the overall available graft count. As hard as you fight for FUT over FUE because of density and available grafts, you should be shocked if such a number of grafts would be wasted.

You called his bluff.

Dear Mav,

I do not believe this was a bluff. Actually, I belive Dr. Feller, that he is as passionate about this topic as it appears here. Unfortunately, I do not believe that another clinic would agree. This could be great value for many user in this forum, but it could also end in a big mess and slugfest. The clinics would have nothing to gain, but much to lose. That is why I asked also "to keep it clean".

But I have send Dr. Feller my name anyway, as he promised to not disclose it. Let us see how other clinics react.

Dr. Feller,

I think in general you are right with this statement. Many patients and folks in the the internet get out of their mind. I think this is human nature. But, if you refer to the case in this forum, which I also have posted in, you have missed also some points.

- The clinic itself was posting within this thread and failed to give information (e. g. medical reasons)

- It is the duty of the clinic to explain to the client (and make sure he understands) that there are (!) medical reasons.

By the way, if any (I am not saying they are) of the claims are correct (like asking for money during surgery or throwing away grafts without any medical indication) this is (!) indeed highly unethical. Especialy the number of grafts discussed in this particular case, are a significant %-tage of the overall available graft count. As hard as you fight for FUT over FUE because of density and available grafts, you should be shocked if such a number of grafts would be wasted.

Gas,

The unnecessary wasting of grafts is unethical no matter what the circumstances are.

However, it appears that you, other uninformed patients like yourself, and many of my own colleagues don't seem to think wasting grafts is such a bad thing.

Let me explain:

When a doctor supposedly throws grafts into the trash because the patient won't pay for them, a claim that is most likely fictional, THAT'S wrong and unethical.

However,

When a doctor performs a megasession FUE which guarantees graft wastage, a claim that is absolutely true and verified, that's just fine.

See the problem here ?

Gas,

When a doctor performs a megasession FUE which guarantees graft wastage, a claim that is absolutely true and verified, that's just fine.

See the problem here ?

I don't think any ethical Dr would perform the extractions, unless he was intending to implant them.....:confused::confused:

An unethical Dr can bin grafts regardless if it's FUT or FUE..

I don't think any ethical Dr would perform the extractions, unless he was intending to implant them.....:confused::confused:

An unethical Dr can bin grafts regardless if it's FUT or FUE..

You're not getting it:

When a doctor performs a megasesson FUE he guarantees the unnecessary wastage of grafts every single time. Not by virtue of "binning" them, but in the very act of extracting them.

Not so for FUT.

So when a patient opts for FUE he does so at his own risk knowing that he is going to waste grafts as compared to an FUT.

But when a doctor offers FUE instead of an FUT without telling the patient he will be needlessly wasting grafts he is demonstrably acting unethically.

FUE has grown and thrived on the willful and "pretend" blindness of BOTH parties.

Gas,

The unnecessary wasting of grafts is unethical no matter what the circumstances are.

However, it appears that you, other uninformed patients like yourself, and many of my own colleagues don't seem to think wasting grafts is such a bad thing.

Dr. Feller,

at first, I am hardly an uninformed patient. Maybe I am not a hair transplant professional, but I think I know much more than the average person having a hair transplant And I think many users in here are very well informed as well.

Secondly, I see a waste of grafts as a bad thing. But I have a hard time to see the similarities between a clinic which on purpose (!) throwing grafts away and a clinic performing FUE.

Throwing grafts ways (without any medical indication) is just plain wrong an unethical. No reason for a debate at all.

FUE vs. FUT is a matter of math. How much is the difference in growth (and potential damage for further procedures) and how much do I bother to have a strip scar. If the clinic doesn't give rightfull information (that FUT will have a better result in average), this is also unethical. But having an FUE on a patient per se is not unethical. Actually, I can be even the better method depending on the number of grafts. The debate is: Which number is this? 500? 1000? 1500? 2000?

Dr. Feller,

at first, I am hardly an uninformed patient. Maybe I am not a hair transplant professional, but I think I know much more than the average person having a hair transplant And I think many users in here are very well informed as well.

Secondly, I see a waste of grafts as a bad thing. But I have a hard time to see the similarities between a clinic which on purpose (!) throwing grafts away and a clinic performing FUE.

Throwing grafts ways (without any medical indication) is just plain wrong an unethical. No reason for a debate at all.

FUE vs. FUT is a matter of math. How much is the difference in growth (and potential damage for further procedures) and how much do I bother to have a strip scar. If the clinic doesn't give rightfull information (that FUT will have a better result in average), this is also unethical. But having an FUE on a patient per se is not unethical. Actually, I can be even the better method depending on the number of grafts. The debate is: Which number is this? 500? 1000? 1500? 2000?

That's my point. If grafts are knowingly wasted, they are wasted. Doesn't matter what the INTENT is. The question is: what's the difference between wasting them by throwing them in the garbage or by killing them during the extraction process? None, of course! Putting a different label on what caused the waste of grafts is immaterial to the patient.

FUE = Graft waste.

Or to put the formula in your terms:

FUE= Throwing Grafts Away

You are uninformed and your posts are misleading. I do not mean this as a swipe, it's just the truth. I would ignore your posts but for the fact that they confuse the public who actually believe that you have a clue as to what you are writing about. My colleagues should also be chiming in, but to their shame and negligence they don't.

You have:

Never performed a surgery.

Never seen one performed.

Probably never even met a person on whom a procedure was performed,

Have no medical training.

Have no actual medical experience.

Have no intimate knowledge of what's going on.

The sum and substance of your knowledge is a lay internet chat forum and what other lay posters write. Period.

You believe you are debating me. I don't debate laymen. I debate colleagues ALL of which have failed to come onto this site to "set me straight" except for one who got his butt kicked and fled the debate based on his OWN video of how he performs the procedure. Now why do you think that is my friend ?

I perform both procedures, and even a third, and can tell you with force that FUE is a bad idea for a megassion if you have the choice to have an FUT. But I'm not a regulator or a hair transplant cop. Do as you will. All I can do is what I have been doing. The rest is up to you.

You are uninformed and your posts are misleading. I do not mean this as a swipe, it's just the truth. I would ignore your posts but for the fact that they confuse the public who actually believe that you have a clue as to what you are writing about. My colleagues should also be chiming in, but to their shame and negligence they don't.

You have:

Have no intimate knowledge of what's going on.

Dr. Feller,

this is a dicussion forum. I am discussing in a nice and approbriate manner. Please do the same. There is nothing in my posts, which gives you a reason or even a justicfication to get as offensive as you do.

"You are uninformed and your posts are misleading." Please tell me, where I have given false or misleading information!

"You have:

Have no intimate knowledge of what's going on."

Where do you get this information from? Some of these statesments are clearly wrong.

"I perform both procedures, and even a third, and can tell you with force that FUE is a bad idea for a megassion if you have the choice to have an FUT." Where is this coming from? I never, ever (!) said that FUE is the better option for megasessions. You must confuse me with someone else.

P.S. And actually, you are only (!) discussion laymen here. This is (!) a forum for laymen or better patients. What I fear is that because of your aggresive behavior no other clinic will join.

Edited by Gasthoerer

Dr. Feller,

this is a dicussion forum. I am discussing in a nice and approbriate manner. Please do the same. There is nothing in my posts, which gives you a reason or even a justicfication to get as offensive as you do.

"You are uninformed and your posts are misleading." Please tell me, where I have given false or misleading information!

"You have:

Have no intimate knowledge of what's going on."

Where do you get this information from? Some of these statesments are clearly wrong.

"I perform both procedures, and even a third, and can tell you with force that FUE is a bad idea for a megassion if you have the choice to have an FUT." Where is this coming from? I never, ever (!) said that FUE is the better option for megasessions. You must confuse me with someone else.

P.S. And actually, you are only (!) discussion laymen here. This is (!) a forum for laymen or better patients. What I fear is that because of your aggresive behavior no other clinic will join.

Yep, that's it ! It's my "aggressive" behavior !

Are your feelings hurt ? Well, I'm truly sorry for that. Truly. But facts don't care about feelings. And it's my job to deliver the facts until someone can show me new facts. So far, nobody has. Can you believe that ?

Ahem. By the way, you are on my thread. You chose to come onto it.

Notice no FUE practitioner has come on here to refute the interview I posted with Dr. Reed ? Nor the interview with Dr. Lam in another thread? Nor any of the FUE videos I've posted ? Nor anything else I've ever written about FUE for the past 15 years? Look how many views this thread has. You don't think FUE doctors aren't following this thread ? You bet your hair follicles they are.

1. Yep, that's it ! It's my "aggressive" behavior !

Are your feelings hurt ? Well, I'm truly sorry for that. Truly.

2. But facts don't care about feelings. And it's my job to deliver the facts until someone can show me new facts. So far, nobody has. Can you believe that ?

3. Ahem. By the way, you are on my thread. You chose to come onto it.

4. Notice no FUE practitioner has come on here to refute the interview I posted with Dr. Reed ? Nor the interview with Dr. Lam in another thread? Nor any of the FUE videos I've posted ? Nor anything else I've ever written about FUE for the past 15 years? Look how many views this thread has. You don't think FUE doctors aren't following this thread ? You bet your hair follicles they are.

Do you actually read what you write? You cannot be serious with this and you owe me an apology. Again!

1. Yes, just read this post or actually just this few sentence, which are completely inappropriate and out of hands.

2. Which facts? In this particular moment, we can’t even discuss facts, because you start a dogfight without any reason and without sticking to any topic. Keep in mind, I never badmouthed you in any way. I even defended you against other users.

3. I came to this thread cause you mentioned my name in another thread which…was closed because of you aggressive behavior (See a similarity?). Therefore, I could just answer in this thread, which was about a very similar topic. Also, just because this is “your” thread, the forum rules (and the rules of good behavior in general) are still valid.

4. What has this to do with anything, we two are discussing right now? Nothing! But maybe there is another reason, why no one wants to “discuss” with you (please refer to 1 and 2).

Like I said before, this is a discussion forum for patients. If you strictly want to have exchange with colleagues, you have to go the same route as any scientist: Publish papers in journals and have them reviewed and/or speak at a congress about hair transplantation. If you come to an open forum, anyone can ask questions if this is done in an appropriate way. Which I do and I will not change this.

You got it.

Quite a few parallels on this site.

The issue is that regarding facts you likely have the high ground on the substantive truth (but clearly deal in Trump like showmanship) however for many patients their choices when it come to surgery will be heavily influenced by feelings, whether or not that is rational. Some simply don't want a strip cut out the back of their head, no matter how many benefits you emphasise to them.

And again, there have been over ten 5000 + FUE cases over the past week I've seen on this forum and the international forum with donors that still look strong only a little past a zero. They may be more difficult and have a lower success rate, but there are plenty of FUE megasessions by great doctors yielding results as good as any FUT surgeons are getting. Look for yourself on this forum, they aren't hard to find. It's clear FUE can achieve strip like results and do so on a regular basis.

I'd love to see studies comparing your yields over fifty patients with FUT with a European FUE surgeon such as Erdogan or Lupanzula.

Not hard to see you as a Shapiro fan, for better or worse.

Hi all,

So I joined the forum after finally trying the shaved head/acceptance route and definitively deciding it is not the look for me!

I've followed the forum for a while and had initially decided FUE (with Dr Erdogan) was the procedure for me (I'm 32, Norwood 5A maybe). This thread had done nothing but confuse me!

Bottom line is I really do not like the thought of having a strip scar. I have also seen what appear to be magnificent results from Erdogan via FUE. Of course, I have also seen astonishing results via FUT (particularly from Hasson & Wong).

With my type of hair loss, one surgery will never be enough. So my thinking is I would transplant around 3000 grafts into the front and middle of my head, leaving the crown (and further density) for another procedure once the pattern of loss has become clear in that area.

Now I have a relatively small head, meaning a relatively smaller region that needs transplanting (I'm assuming that's how it works?). So I'm confident 3000 grafts into the front and middle would make a significant cosmetic difference under the right surgeon. That would leave another procedure of roughly the same amount of grafts to cover the crown and further density in the future.

After reading 16 pages in this thread though, I'm left confused as to whether I should actually be considering FUT for my first procedure?

Any advice please?

Much appreciated.

Hi Jawz, in a way your post is a microcosm of thousands of guys thinking about having a hair transplant .

The dreaded scar, or for Dr Feller, in his opinion it's the fear of the actual procedure itself in having a lump of flesh removed

form the donor area then sutured up ,which lets be honest is a legitimate fear.

It is this fear rational or otherwise which a has led to online marketing promoting FUE if you like as a soft option with no need for a scar and comparable results to FUT .

OK this thread may have confused you but at least it has made you think ,and you now know FUE is not scarless and most people would agree FUT for larger cases is the way to go .

Dr Erdogan gets great results and and he seems to have mastered the FUE procedure to a high standard ,my only concern with him is is I haven't seen any of these sexy results 4-5 years later ,but that is another thread in itself .

Edited by Mick50

Hi Jawz, in a way your post is a microcosm of thousands of guys thinking about having a hair transplant .

The dreaded scar, or for Dr Feller, in his opinion it's the fear of the actual procedure itself in having a lump of flesh removed

form the donor area then sutured up ,which lets be honest is a legitimate fear.

It is this fear rational or otherwise which a has led to online marketing promoting FUE if you like as a soft option with no need for a scar and comparable results to FUT .

OK this thread may have confused you but at least it has made you think ,and you now know FUE is not scarless and most people would agree FUT for larger cases is the way to go .

Dr Erdogan gets great results and and he seems to have mastered the FUE procedure to a high standard ,my only concern with him is is I haven't seen any of these sexy results 4-5 years later ,but that is another thread in itself .

Hi Mick - thanks for the reply.

I'm not necessarily scared of getting FUT, but I certainly don't like the idea of having a linear scar which I am unsure how it would heal.

At least with FUE I know I will have a scatter pattern scar which if performed by a good surgeon, shouldn't be very noticeable even with very short hair.

I think what sways me to FUE is thinking long term. By the time I'm 50/60 I might be sick of all this and not really care about my hair too much and just keep it short. That would never be a comfortable option to take if I undergo FUT due to the linear scar.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Dr. Feller, while you're paying attention to this thread. I'm experiencing some nasty shock loss around my scar at three months still. I'm now just starting to see some hairs poke through In your experience at what point does this usually recover ?

Yes, it overwhelmingly recovers- in FUT.

But you are a hybrid, aren't you ? You had two failed FUE procedures and then an FUT to repair them. So the question is: how will a person who has FUT AFTER failed FUE recover ? It depends on the amount of damage from the FUE extractions and how well your body was able to compensate for it prior to your FUT procedure.

The reason is germane to this topic.

In a typical FUT case there is blood vessel disruption in one particular and confined area, the area where the donor strip was taken. As a result you may see shock loss from that area extending away. Usually from the scar downward. But, since the vascular disruption is in such a thin line and most of the affected skin has not been touched by surgery the body will usually compensate and heal it rather quickly bringing the shock loss areas "back online" with no problem and little permanent hair loss.

Not so with FUE.

FUE causes direct damage to the donor area. Guaranteed and with no exceptions. And the damage not only affects the skin where each and every extraction is pulled from, but skin further down the "vascular line" that is depending on that blood for survival-even if that area had no FUE extractions.

Indeed, FUE causes 13 TIMES the amount of vascular trauma, and the consistently thinned appearance of megasession donor areas bears this reality out.

The physiologically costly difference between an FUE and an FUT is that in an FUT the wound is stitched closed. Vascular bridges are very quickly established over the gap because both ends are now in contact with each other and nature takes it's course.

FUE is the opposite.

In an FUE case the holes are left open. The ends are not brought together. They can't be. So when you add up the gaps in total you realize you've left a gapping hole in the scalp which blocks vascular recovery. The laymen looks at an FUE donor area and just sees a bunch of small holes and thinks no big deal. A knowledgable doctor looks at it and sees serious vascular damage. Similar to shrapnel from a bomb or shot from a shotgun.

Several of my colleagues have claimed that the holes are so small and so shallow they have no vascular consequence. Really ? I say. Then why do they need to sponge up and irrigate blood away continuously throughout the extraction process ?

Below I will post a video I did to explain why an FUE victim was suffering so much after his FUE procedure. He had just had an FUE megasession and was in pain and suffering from an apparent infection. He reached out on this forum for help because his doctor was not available.

This video explains the chronic vascular deficiencies suffered by FUE megasession patients as well as associated painful chronic FUE neuropathies, and massive FUE donor thinning.