Dr Hasson/7264 FUT/great transformation/15 months post-op

This patient in his late 20’s from Edmonton wanted a realistic hairline and as much overall coverage as possible. Through our website https://hassonandwong.com/consultations-in-your-city/ he scheduled a visit to Calgary to see Hasson and Wong representative and former Dr. Hasson patient James to discuss his hair loss and possible options. With his good laxity and density, Dr. Hasson and team were able to harvest 7264 grafts via FUT. 2190 singles, 4564 doubles and 510 3-4 hair grafts were used. With his average texture hair and given the large area to cover, good density throughout the front zone and mid scalp was achieved with a decent amount of coverage in the crown. These photos were taken 15 months post-op on his second visit to the clinic where he received an additional 2721 grafts to increase the density of his crown. With the extra crown work, in 6-12 months, the “great” may have to be upgraded:)

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-front.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-front-close.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-left-angle.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-right-angle.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-left.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-right-close.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-right-angle-close.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-top.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-crown.jpg

MD-DR-H-15-mo-po-FUT-post-op.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Great and realistic result.

Great documentation like mentioned before.... Most clinics would just show the hairline and midscalp to make the density look better.

This is a great example of what patients with major loss can relate to.

that's certainly a large area to cover even in a mega-session. would have loved to have seen the FUT scar and how far or close to the ears they would have had to come to get that many grafts. result speaks for itself.

• Administrators

Wow this is a fantastic result, any post op photos of the additional 2,700 grafts? I would love to see the placement of those grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Spanker, GasThoeroer, Andy, Spidey, HairLostYears, David, Home1212, Triple7, HTsoon, Thanks for all the comments!

GasThoeroer: His loss is MPB and not DUPA. His donor hair was quite good and not showing of any signs of weakness that would prevent a procedure. His sides may continue to drop a bit without medication but the permanent donor zone was easily identified and deemed sufficient.

Andy/Spanker: Thanks for the recognition on the documentation/pics.

Andy: Unfortunately I did not take these pics, I usually can elicit a smile when I do. He is quite happy even though the pics would not show it! I have attached another pic, slight smile? How’s that? :)

HairLostYears: I see the Rivers Cuomo!

Apollo89/mosd: These photos depict only the first surgery result of 7264 grafts. The 2721 grafts for the crown were placed after these photos were taken.

Home1212: Don’t have any scar shots but can probably get some at some stage.

HTsoon: I have also uploaded a post-op shot of the placement for the 2nd procedure of 2712 grafts.

DSCF8761.jpg

md.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Spanker, GasThoeroer, Andy, Spidey, HairLostYears, David, Home1212, Triple7, HTsoon, Thanks for all the comments!

GasThoeroer: His loss is MPB and not DUPA. His donor hair was quite good and not showing of any signs of weakness that would prevent a procedure. His sides may continue to drop a bit without medication but the permanent donor zone was easily identified and deemed sufficient.

Andy/Spanker: Thanks for the recognition on the documentation/pics.

Andy: Unfortunately I did not take these pics, I usually can elicit a smile when I do. He is quite happy even though the pics would not show it! I have attached another pic, slight smile? How’s that? :)

HairLostYears: I see the Rivers Cuomo!

Apollo89/mosd: These photos depict only the first surgery result of 7264 grafts. The 2721 grafts for the crown were placed after these photos were taken.

Home1212: Don’t have any scar shots but can probably get some at some stage.

HTsoon: I have also uploaded a post-op shot of the placement for the 2nd procedure of 2712 grafts.

DSCF8761.jpg

md.jpg

I'll take that smile... Looks like he was giving it his all.

Either way a great result and cant wait to see how the crown comes in.

If this was a FUE procedure how many grafts do you think he would have been able to get?

Thanks KO.

Andy,

If this was FUE, we would have probably done around 4,000 grafts in the first procedure.

The second would have been around 2,000 for a total of about 6,000 FUE. This total number may have been the equivalent of around 7,500 FUT as far as coverage and result. So we would probably conclude that with FUE he could have had a similar result in 2 procedures to what he achieved in the one FUT session.

Hassonandwong.com

Thanks KO.

Andy,

If this was FUE, we would have probably done around 4,000 grafts in the first procedure.

The second would have been around 2,000 for a total of about 6,000 FUE. This total number may have been the equivalent of around 7,500 FUT as far as coverage and result. So we would probably conclude that with FUE he could have had a similar result in 2 procedures to what he achieved in the one FUT session.

Are you saying that a total of 6000FUE grafts would have given the same coverage/result as the 7264FUT session?

Are you saying that a total of 6000FUE grafts would have given the same coverage/result as the 7264FUT session?

kramer79:

Generally, yes. 6,000 FUE may give a similar result to 7,200 - 7,500 FUT. Since we can pick only the grafts we want with FUE, fewer singles make up the total and therefore with more 2 and 3 hair grafts, the total amount of hairs is greater than with the same number of grafts in an FUT. So we figure on average between 20 and 25% more coverage or density with FUE versus FUT given the same number of grafts. This would likely hold true for the medium to larger cases. If we need a higher number of singles for just hairline work, the percentage may drop a bit and in some smaller cases not be much different.

Hassonandwong.com