hair greed is so real

Hair looks pretty good, but in those last pics I can see the gaps that might make it look pluggy. If it were me, I would just try to fill in the gaps. If you lower the hairline, I would go with a slightly more receded temples look. You said that you are loosing more behind the hairline, so I would save some grafts.

Good luck whatever you decide.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uploaded some hairline pics let me know what you think!

Do you want an honest opinion?? It looks a bit pluggy IMO.

The good news however is that a good surgeon can easily fix that, and I dont think it would cost very much

• Administrators

In that first pic it definitely looks pluggy, you have a lot of hair it's dense, but it doesn't look very natural to be honest, who did your surgery? If several people have called you out on it, then it's not just trained eyes that can see it. I had originally said don't do it, I have done a complete 180 on my original position, having a result that doesn't look natural is worst than being bald, being bald is natural, having an unnatural hairline is not therefore it should be fixed.

Like I said previously go to the right doctor, the zig zags your doctor did are too pronounced, it's kinda like a picket fence. Peapbody I do not say this to be mean at all so don't take it that way, only that I can understand why you would want to get it fixed, the fact that several people have accused you of having plugs or toupees is more than enough for me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Peapoddy, any chance you have confided to a friend or somebody that you had work done & word has got out?

I have been open with my procedures, ie my friends & people know - but if you were more secretive & people heard through the grapevine that may be why they are looking?

Totally agree ! Sometimes I actually envy the guys I see who are receding with no work done ,at least it's natural looking ! My doctor was Madras ,HDC in Cyprus

In that first pic it definitely looks pluggy, you have a lot of hair it's dense, but it doesn't look very natural to be honest, who did your surgery? If several people have called you out on it, then it's not just trained eyes that can see it. I had originally said don't do it, I have done a complete 180 on my original position, having a result that doesn't look natural is worst than being bald, being bald is natural, having an unnatural hairline is not therefore it should be fixed.

Like I said previously go to the right doctor, the zig zags your doctor did are too pronounced, it's kinda like a picket fence. Peapbody I do not say this to be mean at all so don't take it that way, only that I can understand why you would want to get it fixed, the fact that several people have accused you of having plugs or toupees is more than enough for me.

• Administrators
Well Dutchie & HTsoon, you are definitely seeing something I cant see. To me he looks great. Transplants are very rarely perfect & should not be expected to be so imho...

Go back and look at the first picture he posted where he's flexing, you will see that his hairline looks off, it looks very artificial, in this case it's not about perfection, in this case he is a repair. Obviously even the best hair transplanted hairlines will be no match for nature. But you should be able to wear your hair up and have no one tell you that you have had a transplant, unfortunately peapody has had different people tell him he has plugs or a toupee.

The thing about hairlines is that they are irregular, but they are not irregular in an obvious pattern, the changes should be slight and subtle with a few single hairs scattered across in an irregular pattern. The first photo is a perfect example of a transplanted hairline that no one would ever suspect was a transplant. The second photo although very dense is a perfect example of an obvious artificial hairline with multi unit grafts in the front.

I too had originally told him not to do it, but at this point based on what he has said and based on the photos, I think he should do it for the sake of it looking natural. Peapody HDC is a recommended clinic what have they said about this?

hairline-2.jpg

43.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

When I first saw this thread I also thought no way should he undergo another procedure. After hearing that it is easily noticeable in person I have changed my stance on it. In the end it is his head and as long as he knows the risks it is his decision. I would get several opinions from qualified surgeons to see what they think. I would not lower the hairline because you have already used a bunch of your graft supply. I understand that a bad transplant is worse than being bald so completely understand trying to get this fixed. A repair case is not hair greed so don't beat yourself up on that.

In my opinion you're more of a hairline repair case. Your instinct to lower it is completely wrong though.. IMO it would look worse not better than it does now. You need to get with an excellent surgeon to "soften" the harshness or what others have called "plugginess" of the hairline. Give it a more natural and softer appearance so that your eyes are not drawn to it but to your eyes and face. This is just as much artistry as it is medical skill. Get some consultations with some of the top docs you've already heard of here .. Rahal (The Hairline King), Konior, Shapiro, etc. etc. Get a few opinions as to how to tackle your case, ie. feathering your hairline with FUE extractions, adding some single hair grafts up front, etc?? I'm not an expert, just my opinion, but definitely don't lower your hairline, I think it would be a bit mistake. Good news - easy fix. Best of luck.

Thanks for the comments guys

I actually agree it shouldn't be lowered just softened

I really like the look of Jerry Cooley's hairlines ,so soft and natural looking !

Was also considering dr vories but not so sure now

The closest comparison I can give to being called out on my transplant happened recently only last week.

I met up with an x work colleague who I hadn't seen for a year ,we had a few drinks chatted usual stuff ,i always wear a hat even now i happened to take it off without thinking to comb my hair I could see him staring at me ,he said 'jesus what have you done last time i saw you you were bald ,what is it a wig? then i pulled back the hair to reveal my hair-line actually the whole thing was comical ,he was totally gob-smacked ,he didn't mention a wig because it looked pluggy he just couldn't understand a bald guy suddenly have hair I said just some pills i'm taking man, i could see he was skeptical so i came clean ,

actually he was very complimentary and said it took 10-15 years of me and that i was back in the game

his words just the way he sees the world regarding the ladies etc, but it was just a natural reaction he wasn't in anyway being nasty trying to show me up or anything.

The closest comparison I can give to being called out on my transplant happened recently only last week.

I met up with an x work colleague who I hadn't seen for a year ,we had a few drinks chatted usual stuff ,i always wear a hat even now i happened to take it off without thinking to comb my hair I could see him staring at me ,he said 'jesus what have you done last time i saw you you were bald ,what is it a wig? then i pulled back the hair to reveal my hair-line actually the whole thing was comical ,he was totally gob-smacked ,he didn't mention a wig because it looked pluggy he just couldn't understand a bald guy suddenly have hair I said just some pills i'm taking man, i could see he was skeptical so i came clean ,

actually he was very complimentary and said it took 10-15 years of me and that i was back in the game

his words just the way he sees the world regarding the ladies etc, but it was just a natural reaction he wasn't in anyway being nasty trying to show me up or anything.

Kind of funny what happened today lol

I'm a part time personal trainer so naturally I work close with clients , anyway today one particular lady just keeps having a dig at my hair ! I got featured in a local magazine with a few pictures posted of me, and she immediately focused on my hair saying it looks like I wear a toupee haha Then in front of other people in the office she asks me to pull my hairline back I obviously did ,otherwise she would suspect it's a wig haha So she stared at it for a while and just said ,you've had some work done right ? I was like nooo... what are you on about haha

I think maybe the wig like appearance is from the hairline being too harsh and the fact my temple points are too far back ?

picture attachment below

I forgot to post original quote, my above post related to this.

I'm afraid this is the world we live in some people just have no class

I forgot to post original quote, my above post related to this.

I'm afraid this is the world we live in some people just have no class

after seeing a picture of me, this girl once said, you could benefit from looking into hair transplants, given I've already had one that is totally age appropriate for me, I actually took that as a compliment!! since she had no idea without my HT I would have been totally bald...

after seeing a picture of me, this girl once said, you could benefit from looking into hair transplants, given I've already had one that is totally age appropriate for me, I actually took that as a compliment!! since she had no idea without my HT I would have been totally bald...

Yes it's a bit of a balancing act getting density and naturalness, anyone who meets me for the first time haven't shown any indication of looking at my hair in any circumspect manner,

but obviously someone who knew my hair situation pre op are going to think something's going on, luckily most people have only known me with a hat only family and a few close friends know, but yes i agree I would take an age appropriate transplant over a unnatural looking one.

Actually I'm really pleased to say I've maintained really well . Ive had a few ups and downs with treatments ( I dropped minoxidil for 3 months which was a big mistake )but when I'm consistent my hair is nice and thick

What are your thoughts on Vories then ?

Hi Peabody , do you think you've lost hair since your first surgey? If your looking for super soft hairlines check out dr lupanzula in Brussels ! I'm hoping to see him in London in January for consultation . I personally would avoid dr vories

Only what I've heard but his clinic is not as hygienic as it could be , i.e. Performing surgeries without a face mask on and no shoes on in some cases which some may seem as not a problem as long as the result is good but to be honest I'm not blown away by his results , on one of his recent posts I questioned his use of concealers/hair fibres in the results pictures which was pretty obvious to anybody his reply was that he would supply a video comb through of the patient at his 12 month follow up , my guess is the patient doesn't come in for his 12 month follow up ;)

Anyway it's only my opinion I too was initially interested in dr vories but after research I crossed him off my list , I'm down to 3 Lorenzo , lupanzula , erdogan my main thing is to try and get a. Surgeon that performs the main parts of the surgery himself and not technicians and if the 3 I've mentioned lupanzula is the only one . Will be good to meet him in jan and get a consultation I've had consultations with both other surgeons .

I've also been looking at another Spanish surgeon dr Juan couto he's got some great videos on YouTube , just very little by the way of patient testimonials and a very Spanish website . I've sent an email to try and make contact but not heard anything back .

Out of interest would you not go back to hdc ?

Interesting ! I would consider it

I'm really impressed with dr Jerry cooleys hairlines ! He hardly does FUE though ? I wouldn't want fut for a small amount of grafts

Only what I've heard but his clinic is not as hygienic as it could be , i.e. Performing surgeries without a face mask on and no shoes on in some cases which some may seem as not a problem as long as the result is good but to be honest I'm not blown away by his results , on one of his recent posts I questioned his use of concealers/hair fibres in the results pictures which was pretty obvious to anybody his reply was that he would supply a video comb through of the patient at his 12 month follow up , my guess is the patient doesn't come in for his 12 month follow up ;)

Anyway it's only my opinion I too was initially interested in dr vories but after research I crossed him off my list , I'm down to 3 Lorenzo , lupanzula , erdogan my main thing is to try and get a. Surgeon that performs the main parts of the surgery himself and not technicians and if the 3 I've mentioned lupanzula is the only one . Will be good to meet him in jan and get a consultation I've had consultations with both other surgeons .

I've also been looking at another Spanish surgeon dr Juan couto he's got some great videos on YouTube , just very little by the way of patient testimonials and a very Spanish website . I've sent an email to try and make contact but not heard anything back .

Out of interest would you not go back to hdc ?

I wouldn't lower your hairline but only soften it slightly to fill in the gaps. Your hairline looks age appropriate, lowering it would look strange as you get older. You look fine to me, but to take care of the slight imperfection, a few hairs along the hairline will give a more natural look.

You mentioned Dr Cooley and as a patient of his I can't say enough about how fantastic of an experience I had with him. I did do fut but he does do more fue than you think. Going with him was the best money I ever spent. His hairlines are elite in my opinion and he doesn't get talked about enough on here.

I would normally not advise lowering a hairline further but in your case I can see why you would want to do something as it is higher one side than the other and needs softening. You need to find a talented Doctor who can provide you with a soft natural looking hairline. I haven't read through all the thread but you had FUT last time?

You need to find a Doctor that can search out some soft hairs with FUE for the hairline as it appears you have coarse hair in the occipital zone where the strip is taken that and the design is working against you.

Try to do some in person consultations so you are on the same page as the Doctor before committing to surgery.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.