hair greed is so real

I remember reading posts from roughly 10-12 years ago on these forums. He goes by the handle "Sofarsogood" and he had several procedures involving leg hair that were placed in his hairline and he was happy with the result. They were two small sessions from what I recall. He is really the only one I have read about in the forums that was happy using leg hair and he had very thick coarse leg hair.

Have not seen him post since then and have not read about anyone else using leg hair that was happy with the outcome.

As we know, BH should be a last resort and the results are anything but reliable. But if it works for you and you are happy, then who is to say to the contrary.

But some words of caution. Do a small test session first before committing to any large numbers...:rolleyes:

The best BH surgeons will advise you of that and that BH is hit and miss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when I went back for the second, free procedure the doctor specifically aimed for singles and tried to cherry pick lighter hairs, but still....doubles all the way across! xD

I just think I have very thick hair in part because my hair follicles must naturally have doubles and triples..or something, I don't know. I don't really get it. But what I do think is there is no point on adding density if the hair color is wrong, the caliber is thick (which I swear seems thicker than native hair in the back) or fair follicles are prone to doubles! xD

But I appreciate the comments Gillenator.

I think for me the frustration is that it's sooo close to working, it is POSSIBle to transfer hair. But in the end it's an aesthetic failure as a procedure - at least for the results that I was expecting. But for the guys who have been happy with their result I'm glad for them.

But we'll see when I get some hairs electrolyzed if that makes things look better. If the hairs were just lighter, and not so thick, and not so many doubles across the front, then I would be relatively happy I think, even if the density is still a little questionable.

Yeah, when I went back for the second, free procedure the doctor specifically aimed for singles and tried to cherry pick lighter hairs, but still....doubles all the way across! xD

I just think I have very thick hair in part because my hair follicles must naturally have doubles and triples..or something, I don't know. I don't really get it. But what I do think is there is no point on adding density if the hair color is wrong, the caliber is thick (which I swear seems thicker than native hair in the back) or fair follicles are prone to doubles! xD

But I appreciate the comments Gillenator.

I think for me the frustration is that it's sooo close to working, it is POSSIBle to transfer hair. But in the end it's an aesthetic failure as a procedure - at least for the results that I was expecting. But for the guys who have been happy with their result I'm glad for them.

But we'll see when I get some hairs electrolyzed if that makes things look better. If the hairs were just lighter, and not so thick, and not so many doubles across the front, then I would be relatively happy I think, even if the density is still a little questionable.

Whose your doctor? They should not be practicing if they said they were going to be put singles in the hairline and they put doubles.

You're welcome Harry and having those doubles removed will definitely make an improvement.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the advice

How many grafts do you think i should go for ?

So did you end up going for it? Kinda late to the party but I agree that a small procedure would help soften the hairline. You have good hair and are maintaining well on fin so I would think a small procedure would look fantastic.

Good luck with your decision.

An update would be nice...;)

Gillenator