1 Year Anniversary Dr. Diep FUE

x-tian-230k

Thank you! I think he did 2000 in he front and 500 in the back.

I can't believe you got that sort of square footage covered with 500 grafts in the crown, when so many say its the black hole of grafts and sometimes 1000 doesnt even seem to cover a similar area half as well.

Count youself among the blessed.

I've only seen 4-5 Diep cases here but each one seems to be a home run. I guess his main issue is "bedside manner" but guy gets amazing results with some really pronounced stages of Norwood - I usually see NW4/5 with him and he shaves off 10 years quickly off their look.

• Like 1

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Must say this is an outstanding result...extremely natural looking hairline, densely packed, no wiryness or tangled outcome as some FUT surgeons claim for FUE.

I am turning into a big fan of Dr. Diep. Cherry on the cake...done with just 2500 grafts??? OMG...that saved u some money as well and I think he got the perfect tuning/mix for the Acell shots. Like some one said...this one is a Home Run...Out of the park it goes.

Happy for you mate!

I can't believe you got that sort of square footage covered with 500 grafts in the crown, when so many say its the black hole of grafts and sometimes 1000 doesnt even seem to cover a similar area half as well.

Count youself among the blessed.

I've only seen 4-5 Diep cases here but each one seems to be a home run. I guess his main issue is "bedside manner" but guy gets amazing results with some really pronounced stages of Norwood - I usually see NW4/5 with him and he shaves off 10 years quickly off their look.

What do u mean by bed side manner? I am truly blessed.

Must say this is an outstanding result...extremely natural looking hairline, densely packed, no wiryness or tangled outcome as some FUT surgeons claim for FUE.

I am turning into a big fan of Dr. Diep. Cherry on the cake...done with just 2500 grafts??? OMG...that saved u some money as well and I think he got the perfect tuning/mix for the Acell shots. Like some one said...this one is a Home Run...Out of the park it goes.

Happy for you mate!

Thank you! Again as I said I am truly blessed.

What do u mean by bed side manner? I am truly blessed.

Heard some comments here from a patient of his who posts often that he is difficult to get a hold of after the surgery for follow up questions, etc.

Like I said in his thread I'd rather get a 10 result and 4 "follow up availability" than a 8 result and 8 "follow up availability".

That said there is a big psychological impact on this surgery as seen by many comments in many threads here as many people get into panic over any small issue post surgery ("I sneezed too hard on day 2 - am I doomed to lose 10% of my grafts??" haha) so I can see why prompt responses to any query are a big consideration to some.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Heard some comments here from a patient of his who posts often that he is difficult to get a hold of after the surgery for follow up questions, etc.

Like I said in his thread I'd rather get a 10 result and 4 "follow up availability" than a 8 result and 8 "follow up availability".

That said there is a big psychological impact on this surgery as seen by many comments in many threads here as many people get into panic over any small issue post surgery ("I sneezed too hard on day 2 - am I doomed to lose 10% of my grafts??" haha) so I can see why prompt responses to any query are a big consideration to some.

Agh gotcha. To be honest since I was local I was able to come see him during his times that he was available so I didn't have too much of that issue. I may have had to see him about a few issues. One being my shock loss and the other was just a concern over swelling. Both times he made himself available. He is typically booked out 6-8 months so I can certainly see his lack of availability but I think his nurses and staff do a good job at answering some questions. With that being said I am extremely happy with my 1 year results. I am hoping my 18 month results are better as I was told that it could take up to 18 months to fully see the full potential. Good luck!

I am thinking about getting this doctor. Im curious because if I could ever get the same hair as you, did Dr. Diep say you can bleach it? :D That would be like the best feeling. It would be like being bald and then turning super sayon! Geling the hair into blond spikes.

Yes. 2500 graphs. I am not sure how to answer your question but I am happy with my results.

Was going through your other thread where you mentioned that the Doc said way over 3000 grafts

"To my surprise, Dr. Diep had to come in serveral times because the nurses had started they had hair follicals left and all the holes were taken up. At the end, Dr. Diep stated that he did well over 3000 follicals for me, of which I was sooo excited to hear! He was able to do the front and the rest on my dome. So overall my experience at the office was please. Dr Diep was great, and the nurses were great!"

Plus the ACell shot... I guess that could be the differentiator here in making the result what it is... Simply Mind blowing. Otherwise its hard to believe how Dr Diep could achieve this outcome with just 2500-3000 grafts. And do you know the liquid Dr. Diep uses to hold the grafts...is it saline or the ATP (Liposomol ATP) liquid to hold the grafts while they are sitting out and for spraying on for the first few days after the HT Op. Will be great to know if this was the case.

So it has to be 3000+ grafts and the A Cell shot (Plus the ATP if it was used). Did he provide any specific medications to promote hair growth other than Rogaine and Propecia ? Any supplements or shampoos ?

All said and the result is fantabulous! Happy for you!

• 3 weeks later...
I am thinking about getting this doctor. Im curious because if I could ever get the same hair as you, did Dr. Diep say you can bleach it? :D That would be like the best feeling. It would be like being bald and then turning super sayon! Geling the hair into blond spikes.

You are a funny dude. If u have any questions do not hesistate to reach out.

Was going through your other thread where you mentioned that the Doc said way over 3000 grafts

"To my surprise, Dr. Diep had to come in serveral times because the nurses had started they had hair follicals left and all the holes were taken up. At the end, Dr. Diep stated that he did well over 3000 follicals for me, of which I was sooo excited to hear! He was able to do the front and the rest on my dome. So overall my experience at the office was please. Dr Diep was great, and the nurses were great!"

Plus the ACell shot... I guess that could be the differentiator here in making the result what it is... Simply Mind blowing. Otherwise its hard to believe how Dr Diep could achieve this outcome with just 2500-3000 grafts. And do you know the liquid Dr. Diep uses to hold the grafts...is it saline or the ATP (Liposomol ATP) liquid to hold the grafts while they are sitting out and for spraying on for the first few days after the HT Op. Will be great to know if this was the case.

So it has to be 3000+ grafts and the A Cell shot (Plus the ATP if it was used). Did he provide any specific medications to promote hair growth other than Rogaine and Propecia ? Any supplements or shampoos ?

All said and the result is fantabulous! Happy for you!

Good catch. It's been over a year and I didn't go thru my thread when I wrote my follow up. I'm just happy and I just wanted to show my results. My apologies if I misrepresented anything. Definitely not my intention. With that being said I do not know what liquid he used. He only said rogain and Propecia. They give the best chances of keeping ALL the hair left on your head.

Thank you again!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 11/23/2020 at 5:12 PM, rica said:

is the doctor in USA?

Yes Los Gatos, California.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
42 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

10/10 would love to see how this held up over the years. I’ve read hair transplants aren’t permanent.

People need to stop spreading that nonsense. As long as it’s taken from a stable zone, it will be permanent.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree with Melvin.  I had my surgery 8+ years ago and I’ve experienced no discernible hair loss.  My wife is a hair dresser and cuts my hair often and she has seen no noticeable hair loss.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.