1 Year Anniversary Dr. Diep FUE

x-tian-230k

Hello All,

I cant believe I made it to the 1 year mark and could not be happier with my results. I have posted my journey here on the forums so please refer back to my older posts to follow along. I have been absent for the past 6 months because I wanted to just let my hair grow and allow everyone to see the difference. With that being said here is my backstory:

I have been slowly loosing my hair starting in my early 20's. My hair dresser started to notice my heair was thinning but I thought nothing of it until several years later. HInd sight beeing 20/20, I would have started rogain when I was forst told but my subborn ness led me to where I am today. I am a norwood 5. At 37, I finally am able to afford this hair transplant via FUE method. I have performed a ton of research and I settle don Dr. John Diep. Meeting with him was great. He didn't rush me, he didn't try to sell me the most expensive procedure, nor did he try to push anything I didn't need. With that being said, I had my procedure done by Dr. Diep in his Los Gatos facility 29Jan15.

You can see my intial post here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178272-my-procedure-dr-diep-fue-2500-grafts.html

Currently I am on Rogain and Propecia. Many asked me if I had any side effects of Propecia. I will say at first yes. But Dr. Diep stated that you have to give it three months to let your body get adjusted to the medication and your sex drive will be back to normal. He was right. I was back to normal after 2 months of use. With that being said, here are my pre-op pictures and my 1 year anniversary pictures. I have been contacted by many forum members asking questions about the surgery and Dr. Diep. I will say that this is the one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has made my quality of life so much better. I walk with confidence! It has shaved 10 years off of my life. Absolute life changer! Its well worth the money!

FullSizeRender.jpg.3a746b9bfd63983981fe78dc03b37e9e.jpg

IMG_7202.JPG.7afe0fb4571648bd2e1d2f454fc24841.JPG

IMG_7203.JPG.81dbe218d08cdf67f64e4a3939c519bd.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG.b20b9d4ad8004f4590d474c58cad0153.JPG

• Administrators

Looking fantastic, were you in one of his YouTube videos? I'm 6.5 month post op from Dr. Diep also.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
I am not one of those on the youtube videos. Congrats. How are you liking your progress thus far?

I'm very happy, at 6 months it's been life changing I'm happy as is to be honest

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sweet!!! Very dramatic difference indeed. Without even looking at your facial features, you definitely still resemble a much younger guy with the hair. Great choice of haircut too. So many guys get great transplants and then get haircuts that age them.

Wait, is this 2500 grafts? How is it that some docs can get good results with 2500 grafts on a nw 5, while other docs use 2500 grafts on a nw 2 with pretty much the same density and results

Wait, is this 2500 grafts? How is it that some docs can get good results with 2500 grafts on a nw 5, while other docs use 2500 grafts on a nw 2 with pretty much the same density and results

Yes. 2500 graphs. I am not sure how to answer your question but I am happy with my results.

Sweet!!! Very dramatic difference indeed. Without even looking at your facial features, you definitely still resemble a much younger guy with the hair. Great choice of haircut too. So many guys get great transplants and then get haircuts that age them.

Thanks Mate!

Great result and you actually look a lot like HTsoon in the hair at least :) Ironic both went to same doctor. Congrats and nice style of hair by the way.

How did you split the grafts between crown and front? For 2500 with that sort of crown thinning you really got a home run result.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Great result and you actually look a lot like HTsoon in the hair at least :) Ironic both went to same doctor. Congrats and nice style of hair by the way.

How did you split the grafts between crown and front? For 2500 with that sort of crown thinning you really got a home run result.

Thank you! I think he did 2000 in he front and 500 in the back.

Super results. Mind blowing. You were an inspiration in my journey with Dr. Diep. But my crown has not filled in as well as yours at 7 months.

I am glad I can be of any help to you and your journey. We are a band of brothers in this battle of hair loss. I am glad I can help with any of your concerns my brother.

Wow, hairline looks amazing and natural. I'll be extremely happy if I get that result by next year. I am 1 month post-op from my procedure with Dr. Diep and your posts really helped me with what to expect in the whole process.

Congrats on an awesome result!

I did a bit of research and came across Dr. Diep's name. From there I stumbled across this post, which prompted me to create an account literally just now. I think that I am finally ready to pull the trigger and have a procedure done. I have been procrastinating for years and this thread finally gave me a HUGE push, thank you SO much for sharing your story, as well as pictures and details of the procedure!

I know that each case is different, but around how much did you pay for this to be done? I need to know what I am about to walk into so I can plan accordingly..

Thank you!!

I did a bit of research and came across Dr. Diep's name. From there I stumbled across this post, which prompted me to create an account literally just now. I think that I am finally ready to pull the trigger and have a procedure done. I have been procrastinating for years and this thread finally gave me a HUGE push, thank you SO much for sharing your story, as well as pictures and details of the procedure!

I know that each case is different, but around how much did you pay for this to be done? I need to know what I am about to walk into so I can plan accordingly..

Thank you!!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I think his price per follical is 7 dollars or so. Multiply that by 2500 plus 500 for the ACell shot.