1036 graft FUE with Dr HASSON

Spidey

Absolutely amazing work, Spidey!! Judging by your hair style, you know you have a great result!

One quick question though -- in terms of your overall hairline, would you say that it's complete "as is" our would it require another HT pass for you to be able to slick back your hair?

Absolutely amazing work, Spidey!! Judging by your hair style, you know you have a great result!

One quick question though -- in terms of your overall hairline, would you say that it's complete "as is" our would it require another HT pass for you to be able to slick back your hair?

Thanks for the comment. I am totally happy with how my hair is. I actually can, and do slick my hair back and it looks completely fine.

Maybe when I have time, I will post pictures of my hair styled with product. It actually looks better with the "wet" look with pomade. I'm a big hair product guy and love my reuzel pomades. All my pics, including the ones taken by hw are of my hair with no product and dry. The only picture I posted with product was one of my five month ones with product and flash.

I realize it's not to the density of my teens but I am happy with that, especially if my hair does thin out a bit more in the future. This way I won't have super dense corners and a thinner mid area, which would look very unnatural.

It depends on what happens in the future regarding whether I go in for a touch up or not. If my hair stays relatively the same as it is now, I am happy with not ever having to do another procedure. I rather not damage my donor area more if I don't have to as I like to fade the sides and back of my head down to a number 1 on an Oster, which is actually closer to a 1/2 guard on most other trimmers.

• 4 months later...

Only 1036 grafts? What a dense result! Nicely spread extractions. That's a great price for American patients at current exchange rates, especially, since this is for MANUAL FUE. Very small amount of FUE surgeons offer manual FUE in North America. Its great to read FUE grafts are inspected under the microscope and separated accordingly. These things are important. Great result and great job to the clinic. What a result . You are set.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Looks fantastic man, 

i would never know you had a transplant 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the update spidey.. ur hair looks great .. should look good for many years .. ur native hair also looks thick n dense .. congrats ..  u might be one of those that will hold onto the majority of their hair till u an old man :)

On 9/3/2015 at 6:22 PM, stairstre said:

Classic Hasson donor area in my opinion. His strip seems to be always taken above the safe zone putting the patient at risk long-term.

He's made the same mistake here and extracted (or should I say assistant) outside of the safe zone with FUE.

I hope you're not headed for a high norwood. If you are, there is a VERY real chance that you will lose the transplanted hairs due to miniaturization.

While the work does look good, it's a small number of grafts. No doubt you will need a second to increase the density or style your hair strategically to make up for the lack of density.

I'm guessing that Dr. Hasson would have recommended more grafts had it been strip.

In the end, time will tell. As I mentioned, the recipient site looks great. Donor area (though a small number of grafts) good also. The only issue I possibly see is density due to your hair and scalp contrast. Easy fix though with a touch-up.

That brings me to the question I'm sure many are wondering. The elephant in the room so to speak.

Why on earth would you book FUE with Dr. Hasson?

He has no FUE results. None. Nada.

You're basically a guinea pig here. He is learning how to do FUE at your expense. He is training on your head. They also offer ARTAS at the expense of patient's heads, which is bad enough. The purchase was a sign of desperation no doubt.

I guess what I'm getting at is I hope that you got a really good discount, especially since you're promoting his work on the forum. Something they are REALLY desperate for. Word on the street says their schedule took at hit because of their reluctance to offer FUE.

If not, call them now and ask for one or at minimum a discount towards future work. There is a real chance that you won't get stellar growth due to their in-experience with FUE. Did they tell you that during the consultation? I hope so.

Anyway, best of luck. I hope it works out. While the work looks good, time will tell if Dr. Hasson has learned how to overcome the many pitfalls of FUE. He is not proven in FUE, and in my opinion should not be changing patients top dollar until proven.

There are much better alternatives.

Good luck.

Where is this guy these days anyways. ... ?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, Spidey said:

Where is this guy these days anyways. ... ?

You're pretty much a dream candidate for every doctor. A NW2 turning into a NW1. Despite the small case, this is what a HT should look like. Amazing result man! 

Have you considered a mini 500 graft touch up in the future? Not that you need it, but you'll probably get your old high school hairline back with one hah. 

7 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

You're pretty much a dream candidate for every doctor. A NW2 turning into a NW1. Despite the small case, this is what a HT should look like. Amazing result man! 

Have you considered a mini 500 graft touch up in the future? Not that you need it, but you'll probably get your old high school hairline back with one hah. 

I am debating whether to get a touchup down the road. A part of me wants to just live my life not thinking about anymore procedures as there is still a decent amount of down time and ugly duckling phase even for a small procedure. 

At the same time my hair loss so far has been very slow and a touch up down the road might possibly be the last as well.  

Edited by Spidey

• Administrators

Interesting spidey,

Did you ever shave your head before committing to surgery? I think you’d be surprised how different a shaved head with hair looks like in comparison to one with no hair. Im not saying thats not a solution, it most certainly is, but believe me shaving your head and moving on as a norwood 2 is totally different than shaving your head and moving on as a norwood 4,5 and 6. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Interesting spidey,

Did you ever shave your head before committing to surgery? I think you’d be surprised how different a shaved head with hair looks like in comparison to one with no hair. Im not saying thats not a solution, it most certainly is, but believe me shaving your head and moving on as a norwood 2 is totally different than shaving your head and moving on as a norwood 4,5 and 6. 

I had buzzed my head to a no. 1/2 prior on a couple of occasions. Didn't mind the look at all.  The problem now is that if I do it now the slight hair textures may look a bit noticeable I had work done. 

• Administrators
Just now, Spidey said:

I had buzzed my head to a no. 1/2 prior on a couple of occasions. Didn't mind the look at all.  The problem now is that if I do it now the slight hair textures may look a bit noticeable I had work done. 

Yea, I understand, but honestly it probably didnt look bad cause you still had hair and a hairline. If you didnt have a hairline or hair, I dont know if you’d still feel the same. I shaved my head in high school and didnt mind at all, but when i shaved my head as a bald guy, my face wasnt framed and this made my forehead look huge which threw my facial proportions way off. Some guys can pull it off though for sure. 

View my thread

• Administrators

I just brought it up, because it sounds like you just want to shave your head and move on. Unfortunately, hair loss is progressive, so a shaved may look good right now, but in the future it may not thats all.

View my thread

I see why you mean. If my hair loss got to a nw4+ there's no way I'd bother playing catch up. And that's the problem I'm debating. I'd get a touch up if my hair stabilizes and doesn't go past a 3. If it does I'm not willing to go through multiple procedures. 

Spidey,

I personally admire the guys that can shave their head after they’ve lost a good amount of hair and not care about it anymore. But for me, I hated the way I looked with a shaved head. That’s true whether or not I had a hairline. I just don’t have the type of head that looks good shape. So for me, no matter how much hair I lost, hair transplant surgery seemed like the right solution for me and now, I’m so glad that I didn’t. That said, if you can get away with shaving your head and moving on, then that would be probably the best thing to do.   But only you can decide whether or not you are happy with the way you look and feel with a shaved head. You could always sport that look for a while and later down the road, if you decide that you want hair again, you could always consider surgery then. But once you undergo hair transplant surgery, shaving your head completely usually isn’t feasible  because some kind of scarring will show. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Like 2

Ur hair is the fine the way it is now spidey.. I wouldn’t go for a touchup if I were u unless u get to Norwood 3 level .. if ur crown haven’t shown diffusing thinning At ur age I’m very doubt u would ever get bald enough to need to shave ur head .. A buzz cut later in life might be an option for u if u don’t want to go for another surgery .. u don’t have to shave it completely bald to have to be worrying about the bumpy skin texture .. I’m assuming .. but u know ur head better than me ..

im like bill however .. I never want to be bald .  I like having hair , it makes me a lot more youthful than my age .. best wishes ..