1036 graft FUE with Dr HASSON

Spidey

Did you map his scalp for miniaturization? You do not know what his safe zone is.

Lol exactly. It is absolutely ridiculous for stairstre to state as fact that Dr. Hasson extracted from outside the safe zone.

Good luck Spidey it seems as if you went into this with your eyes wide open. Despite what stairstre says Dr. Hasson produces some of the best hairlines in the field, and proof of that are the 100's of patient photos and videos.

Keep us posted.

How much of the FUE surgery was performed by Dr. Hasson himself?

The FUE was done by his technician. I believe he was one or two that is specialized in the extraction. Dr HASSON made all the recipient slits.

What stairstre says doesn't bother me at all. I did my research and I knew what I was getting myself into. All grafts were inspected, and they would not implant a graft that was transected or partially transected. There is no point to that as it is almost guaranteed those grafts won't grow. It seems like he is more worried than I am about the results. To be honest, I am not worried at all. I am not even anxious. The only part of the procedure that annoys me is the lingering pinkness in the recipient area.

One month pics to come later today.

Here I am one month post op. Pretty much all transplanted hairs have shed. The recipient area remains slightly pink, but is slowly fading. The numbness in the recipient area is also lessening. The donor area has been quite itchy since week 2. I have also been getting the odd pimple in the recipient area which resided in a couple of days. I have had approximately 5-6 pimples in the donor area which were pretty big, but I drained them without any issues. From the pictures, it seems that there may have been some shock loss in the donor area, but nothing really that noticeable. At this point, it is the "ugly duckling" phase. I have been using Minoxidil foam 5% since the 2 week mark including my recipient areas. You can see there are the odd hairs in the recipient area, whether they are native hairs or new hairs, I have no clue. The waiting game is on.

1monthback.jpg.7a38449848b0f02d78079c45c15ff756.jpg

1monthfront.jpg.2ccc380e627d2ab6479294d9d409ab9d.jpg

1monthfront2.jpg.f670a841e2f4074255c251ab16efd7c8.jpg

1monthleft.jpg.7802dc48a11f28879c75598cf559cc7c.jpg

1monthright.jpg.6901e9033797405d19f17a3ae96f9e66.jpg

Hi Spidey,

I must say that your donor area looks excellent.

Please excuse the questions. I’m considering FUE, and while I feel Dr. Hasson is too inexperienced at this time, the fact that he is now offering FUE is exciting.

In time we shall see (hopefully) the fruits of his labor.

So pretty much 10.5 hours of surgery with minimal breaks in between.

Can you elaborate on this more? For such a small number of grafts, this seems like a long procedure. I can understand that due to Dr. Hasson’s inexperience it may take longer but there are real concerns with graft dehydration, etc. How long were the grafts left outside of the body?

There is a real chance that you won't get stellar growth due to their in-experience with FUE.

While too blunt for my tastes, stairstre does have a point. Have you discussed this possibility with Dr. Hasson? You’re one of his earlier cases. And with this comes a lot of unknowns. I would love for Dr. Hasson to address how he was able to overcome many of the obstacles with FUE.

It would also be helpful for Dr. Hasson to create a video of his FUE technique for everyone to view. Transparency is critical, and we would all benefit certainly.

The FUE was done by his technician.

While there is a debate no doubt, I’m on the camp that FUE should be done by a physician. Some might disagree and to a point they are correct. It’s more about the outcome and results. Maybe it's just comforting in my mind that a doctor is performing the procedure. I'll have to get over that :)

Non the less, the ISHRS has issued a warning to consumers about this, Consumer Alert | International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

I bring this up because Dr. Hasson is a member of the ISHRS. It would be interesting to hear his stance on this subject. I’m also interested in the experience of the technician.

More information about the technician is needed, please.

All grafts were inspected, and they would not implant a graft that was transected or partially transected.

As mentioned above, transection is only one factor at play here. From my extensive research into FUE, there are other factors. Each plays a role in the success or fail of your procedure. The only way to ensure that Dr. Hasson is able to overcome these forces is with a video of his technique. Unfortunately, those experienced in FUE know that just because grafts were inspected and look great, does not ensure growth.

Can you please request a video of his FUE technique?

Despite what stairstre says Dr. Hasson produces some of the best hairlines in the field, and proof of that are the 100's of patient photos and videos.

I agree. Dr. Hasson does produce great work; however, he has yet to prove himself in FUE. I respectively feel this statement is a little misleading. While there are 100’s of photos, all are of FUT and not FUE.

That bring me to my last questions :)

Can you please ask Dr. Hasson to post any FUE results that he has?

Can you ask if he is using a sharp or dull punch?

Can you ask the size of punch? You mentioned .8 but I notice some larger incisions. I can enlarge them if you like.

Can Dr. Hasson post of a video of his FUE extraction technique?

How often is Dr. Hasson using ARTAS? What’s his opinion the robot?

What’s Dr. Hasson’s opinion about the ISHRA warning? Since he is a member.

Since you are one of his earlier FUE, did you get a guarantee of any kind should the grafts fail?

Thank you for helping me in my research.

Hi Spidey,

I must say that your donor area looks excellent.

Please excuse the questions. I’m considering FUE, and while I feel Dr. Hasson is too inexperienced at this time, the fact that he is now offering FUE is exciting.

In time we shall see (hopefully) the fruits of his labor.

Can you elaborate on this more? For such a small number of grafts, this seems like a long procedure. I can understand that due to Dr. Hasson’s inexperience it may take longer but there are real concerns with graft dehydration, etc. How long were the grafts left outside of the body?

While too blunt for my tastes, stairstre does have a point. Have you discussed this possibility with Dr. Hasson? You’re one of his earlier cases. And with this comes a lot of unknowns. I would love for Dr. Hasson to address how he was able to overcome many of the obstacles with FUE.

It would also be helpful for Dr. Hasson to create a video of his FUE technique for everyone to view. Transparency is critical, and we would all benefit certainly.

While there is a debate no doubt, I’m on the camp that FUE should be done by a physician. Some might disagree and to a point they are correct. It’s more about the outcome and results. Maybe it's just comforting in my mind that a doctor is performing the procedure. I'll have to get over that :)

Non the less, the ISHRS has issued a warning to consumers about this, Consumer Alert | International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

I bring this up because Dr. Hasson is a member of the ISHRS. It would be interesting to hear his stance on this subject. I’m also interested in the experience of the technician.

More information about the technician is needed, please.

As mentioned above, transection is only one factor at play here. From my extensive research into FUE, there are other factors. Each plays a role in the success or fail of your procedure. The only way to ensure that Dr. Hasson is able to overcome these forces is with a video of his technique. Unfortunately, those experienced in FUE know that just because grafts were inspected and look great, does not ensure growth.

Can you please request a video of his FUE technique?

I agree. Dr. Hasson does produce great work; however, he has yet to prove himself in FUE. I respectively feel this statement is a little misleading. While there are 100’s of photos, all are of FUT and not FUE.

That bring me to my last questions :)

Can you please ask Dr. Hasson to post any FUE results that he has?

Can you ask if he is using a sharp or dull punch?

Can you ask the size of punch? You mentioned .8 but I notice some larger incisions. I can enlarge them if you like.

Can Dr. Hasson post of a video of his FUE extraction technique?

How often is Dr. Hasson using ARTAS? What’s his opinion the robot?

What’s Dr. Hasson’s opinion about the ISHRA warning? Since he is a member.

Since you are one of his earlier FUE, did you get a guarantee of any kind should the grafts fail?

Thank you for helping me in my research.

Why not just reach out to Dr Hasson yourself and do a consultation to ask these questions. I'm sure his consultants Ferko, Doug, or Joe can answer those questions for you?

Poole

With all due respect , I am not going to ask Dr Hasson all those questions and request a video, because they are your questions, not mine. For those concerned and have questions, you guys should be emailing him, or his reps.

I am here to document my experience and on going results. I understand how some of you may be skeptical with HW and FUE, if that's the case, there are many other Drs to choose from for FUE.

I may be one of HW first documented cases, but it doesn't mean I am one of their first FUE cases.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Spidey,

I really appreciate the time you've taken to document your Hasson FUE.

Ironically it might be your HT success that ends up being the pioneer case for Hasson being seen as a master of both FUE & FUT. Best of luck as you head into the upcoming months!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, two days shy... but oh well... As you can see, there is some action going on.. There are tons of tiny fine hairs in the recipient hair sprouting, and also some denser hairs.. Not sure if they are the native hairs or the transplanted hairs that survived. As you can see where it is circled red, that whole area is transplanted and all survived without shedding.

Anyways, not too too much to show in terms of change, but it does look like things are starting to pickup.

2monthfront.jpg.ba29cc8f22a29125d513efe8d5f48e9c.jpg

2monthtop.jpg.a9bec6b0aaf7d41c611eb946731ef8db.jpg

2monthleft.jpg.54a02b0aed5244f0770eb03b47593c01.jpg

2monthright.jpg.8fb5f9ca367a20b1130b79c824b40356.jpg

2monthback.jpg.8e7f8d1e565c07642d7e976679c39efa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes you have to wait to see peoples real motives as there is a thread about shills on this site it is interesting to see that Poole joined the forum and that day made his first and only post nearly two months ago and we were supposed to believe that he was an interested FUE patient trying to undermine Spidey's decision to have FUE with Dr Hasson.

Just a regular first time poster trying to understand the process hmmm?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

It seems like it's been longer than three months as the wait is excruciating! lol....

But so far so good. LOTS of fine hairs sprouting, and a good number of hairs are thickening, as you can see.

I have not cut the top since the two month post, but have been getting weekly cleanups on the sides and backs. The pictures are immediately after I had my sides/back cut to a 1-1.5 fade.

I can't wait until the top grows out long enough to style.. That's what happens with coarse Asian hair.. you can't have it too short or it looks like a chia pet!

Pretty excited to see the changes in the next month alone.

back.jpg.0c812aa522a44dff927c2d3594e1e8e6.jpg

front.jpg.a79868dd651fc534c75a45cafba5f809.jpg

IMAG2109_1.jpg.e556d4f2b971b3282c2e53bc7e09fc55.jpg

left.jpg.6cbcec55fe3cb038dfd752376f9d6697.jpg

right.jpg.318ccf2f7836f373fecc4546551e9e3d.jpg

It seems like it's been longer than three months as the wait is excruciating! lol....

But so far so good. LOTS of fine hairs sprouting, and a good number of hairs are thickening, as you can see.

I have not cut the top since the two month post, but have been getting weekly cleanups on the sides and backs. The pictures are immediately after I had my sides/back cut to a 1-1.5 fade.

I can't wait until the top grows out long enough to style.. That's what happens with coarse Asian hair.. you can't have it too short or it looks like a chia pet!

Pretty excited to see the changes in the next month alone.

I think it looks great! Congrats! I feel like after being on this forum for a while, H&W, Rahal and Shapiro are the best in North America, just my opinion.

My question is, when you're a young guy and you start attacking the temples if you're using rogaine will it help save the hair behind it as hair loss continues or will you need to use Fin as well?

Even in my case, a N5 I know the only way to keep fighting MPB is to have future HTs, but I'm 45 and when I see young guys getting HT to address what I dont consider NOT a real problem are they setting themselves up for procedure after procedure for many many years to come? I know a lot of people think it's one and done, but I've come to accept that I dont think that's truly the case.

I saw a few guys at Rahal that I would consider fine, but in their minds they didn't look good and were BALD. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder...:-) It reminds me of the pretty girl in school that thought she was fat, but weighed 110lbs.

It is in the eye of the beholder and for me, my age is the reason why I wanted to get it done.... If I was in my forties and started to recede, I honestly would not do anything. Being younger, I want to enjoy my "younger" days looking the way I feel. If my recession progress in a few years, so be it... I feel with the rate of my recession, I will be able to enjoy the new hairline for up to, and hopefully at least 10 years... If that happens, I will be very happy. Only time will tell. If my hair starts to recede at the rate it has been for the last 7 years, I should be in a good place... If it has or does slow down, even better...

I think you'll be changing your tune when you're eventually in your 40's - its like a blink of an eye buddy, we've all been there .... totally agree with "leftygolfer's" assessment - you set yourself up for a lifetime of procedures when you start doing HT's at a young age, inevitably the native hair behind the great hairline that you've just gotten will recede - so you're always playing catch up - as long as you realize the implications, that's fine, I think because HT's are so common nowawdays, young guys really don't think about future hair loss and they think 10, 20 years is a way long time into the future ... its not

I think you'll be changing your tune when you're eventually in your 40's - its like a blink of an eye buddy, we've all been there .... totally agree with "leftygolfer's" assessment - you set yourself up for a lifetime of procedures when you start doing HT's at a young age, inevitably the native hair behind the great hairline that you've just gotten will recede - so you're always playing catch up - as long as you realize the implications, that's fine, I think because HT's are so common nowawdays, young guys really don't think about future hair loss and they think 10, 20 years is a way long time into the future ... its not

Doubt it. I am not going to chase my hairline with the limited amount of donor hair.. If there is a "cure" then I may opt for that, but I am not about to spend an infinite amount of money to have sub par overall coverage from an X amount of donor hair.

• Administrators

I can see both sides, being on the older young range (30) the way I see it, is that young men get surgery to look their age, older men get surgery to appear younger( generalization), there is a social dynamic in that statement, when I see 50 year old men getting surgery, I feel somewhat that it is more of a luxury as opposed to necessity in some cases for young men, I'm not going to downplay personal dilemmas with balding whether you're 18 or 60, I'm sure it sucks regardless, but we can not be blind to the social stigma that is associated with premature balding that's not viewed the same as slower progressive balding that occurs in the later parts of life. With that being said, I do see young guys get what I feel unnecessary surgeries, where a tiny bit of recession at the temples have occurred and this could be easily concealed with a different hairstyle. I did not choose to get surgery until my hairloss could no longer be concealed and I was essentially rock bottom.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

this subject is personal to me because I elected to get a HT in the early 90's when I was only in my early 20's - I had a full head of hair but was definitely "thinning" and receding at the hairline so it freaked me out. I jumped into a HT without knowing the implications - and quite frankly, I don't think the doctor/clinic was very ethical in performing the procedure, but I was obviously of age to consent. In any event, the grafts used in those days were "plugs", not single follicular units used today. As I got older, I continued to lose hair but the plugs at my hairline remained. To conceal the plugs and my disappearing hairline, I used quite the creative combovers, gels, hairsprays, etc. for DECADES until finally I had enough and did my research to correct the problem. My point being, I don't think any 20 year old should be getting a hair transplant - because you don't know what the next 10 or 20 years will be like for you. Fortunately, i'm in my mid 40's now, I'm not concerned with having a thick, full head of hair, just a natural, conservative appearance which is what I managed to achieve thanks to Dr. Rahal and his team. I just like to caution young guys - who like me - want to jump into getting a HT without being fully informed.