Does anyone else think hair loss makes you look unhealthy?

FUE2014

You can have a healthy diet and lifestyle, not smoke or drink too much, work out etc, BUT, despite all of the above, thinning hair IMO makes you look unhealthy, which had always been my biggest beef with hair loss.

a lot of people cope with it by doing more exercise or weight training etc., that's how I dealt with it when younger

so my take is no, but I do see what you're saying

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hair is very imp u dont have hair you are done. Bald guy cant approach a women even if he does chances of him getting hooked are minimal.women go to bald guys if guys have money and they for sure majority of women with bald guys cheat and that too with hairy guys. i have my friend in tel aviv he has two kids one daughter 14 year old and son 16 yeras old they dont want to go around with father and they tell their father dont come to school gathering or anywhere bcz they feel ashamed. Its wrong kids should not be like this but thats how it goes. Not one many friends of mine one friend married to high school sweetheart and she cheated after 10 years she openly admitted after getting caught that it no fun sleeping and going around with you as you look ugly. Thats very bad but its trueIts my opinion no matter what whether socail life or personel life. Hair loss is curse and very depressing. Your self esteem and self confidence drip to rock bottom. You cant talk to any pretty ladies by looking right in their eye. Womens are attracted to hairy guys more then they are to bald guys. No matter what people say its the experience i have seen with not one but many many friends. Prime minister of india narendra modi did hair transplant at age of 60 go and google it. My friend people say at young age i loose hair and its very depressive no matter in what age you loose hair you loose it and depression starts which is directly proportional to bad health. I have seen many people with hairloss look sick and anaemic though they are hail and hearty and healthy. In israel many people divorce for various reason and one prime reason is hairloss and israelis are known to have more hairloss then any other race maybe I am wrong.Its my opinion in middle east cases of baldness are high and you can see shiny shiny scalp of males who are middle eastern. It my opinion.

Hair is very imp u dont have hair you are done. Bald guy cant approach a women even if he does chances of him getting hooked are minimal.women go to bald guys if guys have money and they for sure majority of women with bald guys cheat and that too with hairy guys. i have my friend in tel aviv he has two kids one daughter 14 year old and son 16 yeras old they dont want to go around with father and they tell their father dont come to school gathering or anywhere bcz they feel ashamed. Its wrong kids should not be like this but thats how it goes. Not one many friends of mine one friend married to high school sweetheart and she cheated after 10 years she openly admitted after getting caught that it no fun sleeping and going around with you as you look ugly. Thats very bad but its trueIts my opinion no matter what whether socail life or personel life. Hair loss is curse and very depressing. Your self esteem and self confidence drip to rock bottom. You cant talk to any pretty ladies by looking right in their eye. Womens are attracted to hairy guys more then they are to bald guys. No matter what people say its the experience i have seen with not one but many many friends. Prime minister of india narendra modi did hair transplant at age of 60 go and google it. My friend people say at young age i loose hair and its very depressive no matter in what age you loose hair you loose it and depression starts which is directly proportional to bad health. I have seen many people with hairloss look sick and anaemic though they are hail and hearty and healthy. In israel many people divorce for various reason and one prime reason is hairloss and israelis are known to have more hairloss then any other race maybe I am wrong.Its my opinion in middle east cases of baldness are high and you can see shiny shiny scalp of males who are middle eastern. It my opinion.

I disgree with all of this 1000%. If all this were reality, we mine as well all pack it in since most men will eventually expierience some hairloss. Oh and if this were true and the people in Isreal are that shallow, remind me never to step foot there :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Well i think it certainly makes us look older.. most of the time i see before and after pics im thinking wow looks like they turned the aging clock back...

And in a lot of cases (and definitely my own) I looked bloody miserable if i had to have my pic taken. Now i have recovered enough hair to look ok im happy and smiling again.

The other thing i found is that when i did shave it all off before having any Hts i just looked like a thug with a weird shaped head. Some people it really suits them. For me i hated that look.

To be honest i was depressed over my hair loss and this went on for many years - im now off the anti depressents and my general health has improved.

cant decide i was talking about hair loss but you are one who went off the topic so let me ANSWER YOU AS YOU SAID ABOUT ISRAEL. if you are from us i will tell u we rule US you dont know we people are more then 50percent in us and yes we rule you us people. Google my friend you step or dont step we have steped everywhere and we are ruling, the most genius people are jews undoubtedly. Obama ar any president whether US , germany, uk, australia , we make them and when we dont need we break them. You know israel is surrounded by how many middle eastern countries and we are the smalles pocket and minority in the population worldwide but our brain is bigger then whole world. Google the map of israel and we are surrounded by all middle east muslim country and how we are ruling them. What world are you living you are from US and you don't know how we made out foothold we started migrating their and we married white christian women and mens and we have change the face of our race in US in 50 years. You cant figure out now if you see any men or women in us ON STREET if she/HE is jew BCZ NOW WE LOOK LIKE WHITE MEN/WOMEN. WE no more have curly hairs and no more that many bald men. Yes we have given baldness to this world we are carrier of baldness and every jew knows that but he will not tell you.Yes but anywhere like in israel or any other country you will from our feature specially nose. Sorry to admit yes we changed our race face in US and it took us more then 50 years and we are here now. Any field in US legal, technical, media bureaucracy.

All administration is in our hand.

LOL. That has to be the funniest post on here ever. I never realized Israel ruled the US and all middle eastern countries and had larger than average brains. Amazing. Remind me again who is the one that went off topic??

If the Israel people are so smart, please have them start working on a cure for baldness :)

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Of course, this isn't even up for debate. Temple points alone yield a vast impact on our looks as a whole, the hairline, and crown that's just another part all together. In Fact, temple points are paramount towards the natural appearance of hair restoration, and are the most importance characteristic of an aesthetic result.

Iv'e seen fat losers, alcoholics who are diabetic, and not healthy by the any means who look good for their age due to the fact they have a full head of hair. Getting older, loosing skin elasticity, and becoming wrinkly is highly accentuated when you're bald, and it becomes that much more apparent, and worse then it actually is. Hair acts like a safe guard towards preserving youth, and vitality.

Regardless of exercising, and eating healthy it wont make up for a slick NW7, all though it's a step towards the right direction if being proactive is what one is after.

Post deleted - I see no point in arguing with Fueonly. Please can the moderators ban this fella? A lot of people have had enough of him

Moderators can you please at least remove that ridiculous post by that joker? Offending & hatred is high on his agenda. Ignorant.

One minute it was a topic about hairloss & the next minute he turns it into a political circus. It's a hairloss website you clown. Stop being so touchy!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading fueonly's post. And by laugh, I mean laugh at him.

If I have ever seen a justifiable reason to ban a person from this forum, I just saw it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Always amazed in how these threads turn into a stick of dynamite...:confused:

Hair loss is a matter of perception and even stereotyping.

I do think women have a more difficult time with it and are perceived as being less healthy when they experience visible signs of hair loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think if anyone firstly look at someone having very less hair on his head than it really make a difference to their thoughts. Hair's are something which gets noticed, but I don't think everyone with less hair's look unhealthy, it depends upon their physic also. Hairloss always have some reason so know it and fix it.

• 1 year later...

I actually don't think hair-loss makes someone look unhealthy it just makes you look bald ,and older which isn't the same thing as looking unhealthy.

As for sexual attraction I think if you asked most women lets say over 25 if they were given a choice between a guy with a great head of hair but a skinny unattractive body or a guy with a balding head but a fit healthy toned body most of them would choose the latter this is just looking at it from a looks point of view of course there's a lot more to attraction that just the physical, actually skin tone in my opinion is more indicative of looking healthy or not

Edited by Mick50

• Administrators

Make you look older YES but look sick I don't think so, the only time you look sick in my opinion, Is when you shave your head and face slick bald, makes you look like you have cancer, but thinning hair doesn't make you look unhealthy in my opinion just older which sucks :(

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

It may just be the mental association that comes with how you view sickly individuals. Hair protects the skin so perhaps you may see it as deficiency.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians