19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

I must say one thing looking at the pictures it looks like e hair was transplanted in a semi circle shape?

Agreed, the transplanted hair pattern is quite odd and the very first thing I noticed.

Mostly confer with what Spanker already said, hope it works out for you. If you need another round there are more experienced and skilled FUT/FUE surgeons to help.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirror, here is an example of a guy who had similar work to you:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173884-dr-koray-erdogan-2603-grafts-fue.html

Notice how the surgeon worked into the patient's existing native hair and the work does not end abruptly? Part of the reason for this is that when the MPB advances it will still look natural. Also, note how the pattern of slits looks random, not like stadium seating rows. This is the artistry of HT surgery and part of what separates hack surgeons from the elite.

The fact that your doctor is telling you the HT will look thinner than normal and that you will need another to get to proper density is nonsense. A HT should be able to stand on its own in terms of naturalness and density. I do not believe this doctor knows how to deliver on either count.

Again, this information is not meant to upset you, but to educate and help you out.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I have read this whole thread with my head in my hands. When I read the post where you said you have just returned from the 8 hour surgery my heart sank.

First of all I'm certain propecia and minoxidil would have maintained and REGREW hair at the front - as it thickens what you have. You had so much hair at the front that was thinning, but could have been taken care of by the meds.

Foolhardy has been a word you've said often and I'm afraid it's a very appropriate one. Not only did you go against the advice of people who have been researching hair loss and having HT's since before you were even losing hair, but you then went with a surgeon no-one has heard of. That, in itself is unheard of. As it's been stated, people find this forum and thank their lucky stars they have found a network of great doctors. You found it, ignored everyone and went with a complete randomer.

You had 2000 grafts in such a small area. I had 2000 grafts in a very conservative hairline that also went deep towards my midscalp, and now 18 months later I'm looking like Brad Pritt. A low hairline doesn't necessarily mean a good one.

** DO NOT GO BACK FOR A SECOND SURGERY IN ONE YEAR **

I really hope that chest hair is a good as you say. You have wasted 2000 grafts in a very small balding area, at a very young age. What's more, if you need corrective surgery you'll be wasting MORE grafts in this area. The work really doesn't look good at all. Even if it does turn out to look good in a years time, you'll still have used up too many grafts. If you'd had a conservative 500 FUE procedure from a good doctor, it wouldn't have been quite so bad.

I really feel for you, and I'm really quite angry and annoyed by this whole thread to be honest. You should have listened or at least gone to some recommended doctors for consultations. The doctor you went to should be shot.

I really hope we're all wrong, I hope it works out for you. Either way, stick around. You wont get better advice than here and wont find better doctors than on here.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I must say one thing looking at the pictures it looks like e hair was transplanted in a semi circle shape?

You did already say this several pages ago, lost in amongst all the posts of you saying it'll look awesome etc. did it take for everyone else to point out the flaws before you realised? Not impressed with your posts in this thread pal. This whole thing is just BAD and yet you've been enthusiastic like a cheer leader.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

It would be nice if everyone could just stop basing their judgement when I am only at my second month, the ugly phase. By the Gods, I understand your reluctance and bitterness, but what is done is done. Please come back in another 4 months, and then perhaps... nonetheless, thanks for taking your time to partake in my thread.

The judgement is on the post op photos, after you see hundreds/thousands and have been there yourself, you can tell when something isn't quite right.

No-one is bitter (I was annoyed last night though) we just want the best for you and it's disappointing you made the decisions you made.

Please keep us updated, I genuinely hope it all works out for you. I do just want to re-iterate that you shouldn't go back to that doctor. 2000 grafts in that area was too much in the first place, no way should you need a further procedure.

The judgement is on the post op photos, after you see hundreds/thousands and have been there yourself, you can tell when something isn't quite right.

No-one is bitter (I was annoyed last night though) we just want the best for you and it's disappointing you made the decisions you made.

Please keep us updated, I genuinely hope it all works out for you. I do just want to re-iterate that you shouldn't go back to that doctor. 2000 grafts in that area was too much in the first place, no way should you need a further procedure.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, I hope I won't have to go back for another one, as I would see no reason to, considering I had a whole 3500 hairs transplanted in a relatively small area.

You know the space between the "new" hair and your native hair, did the doctor shave that part down? That could be why there's a gap

You know the space between the "new" hair and your native hair, did the doctor shave that part down? That could be why there's a gap
I'm not sure. He might have done it, but it should have grown back to normal overall length by now I think. I have had my hair cut twice all-over since my hair transplant. Mayhap it be shockloss or some such... I have at least some shockloss other places.

I fell headlong whilst skiing and hit my head, and presumably lost my last bit of reasoning.

I also hit the area where the grafts are. The surrounding skin around two of my hairs turned red, but did not start bleeding. Is there a possibility they may have suffered from the hit? Thanks.

I just saw the post-op photos... I does not look good at all from what I see. I hope I am wrong.. But the incision pattern is so uniform, sparse and unnatural...

I just saw the post-op photos... I does not look good at all from what I see. I hope I am wrong.. But the incision pattern is so uniform, sparse and unnatural...
Unnatural is one thing, but sparse I agree with. Which photos are you referring to? If you are referring to the one's right after surgery, then those were taken with a horrible low-quality web-cam, hence the vagueness and probably unnaturaleness.

Unnatural is one thing, but sparse I agree with. Which photos are you referring to? If you are referring to the one's right after surgery, then those were taken with a horrible low-quality web-cam, hence the vagueness and probably unnaturaleness.

I think you might be in denial, friend. After reading your thread and seeing your pictures, I would have to agree with everyone else. Would it be safe to say you rushed into this? I mean, I know you said you've been researching 2-3 years and made up your mind about getting a HT, but is there any part of you that thinks you may have rushed into this particular surgery, with this particular surgeon and not done your due diligence? Hopefully it doesn't look as bad as what we are all expecting but judging by your pics and the whole artistry behind placing and directing the grafts, I would have to guess it won't be your desired outcome and will most likely need a repair/touch up. Nevertheless, I hope nothing but the best in the future with regards to your battle with hair loss.

Not talking about the immediate post-operative photos... I really hope things work out for you but you should have heeded our advice.

I think you might be in denial, friend. After reading your thread and seeing your pictures, I would have to agree with everyone else. Would it be safe to say you rushed into this? I mean, I know you said you've been researching 2-3 years and made up your mind about getting a HT, but is there any part of you that thinks you may have rushed into this particular surgery, with this particular surgeon and not done your due diligence? Hopefully it doesn't look as bad as what we are all expecting but judging by your pics and the whole artistry behind placing and directing the grafts, I would have to guess it won't be your desired outcome and will most likely need a repair/touch up. Nevertheless, I hope nothing but the best in the future with regards to your battle with hair loss.
You're right. I did rush into this, out of desperation and sadness of how it made me look. I did research, but not ample enough it seems. I don't know... the hair transplant surgeon and his team answered all I asked, and made me feel at home and comfortable, not rushing me in and out. He still follows up my every question.

Hey, try not to get down on yourself, people make mistakes. I assure you most people on this site are only here to help, not judge. It's hard to decide what's good advice when you're new to this. Just be careful from here on out because you only have a limited supply of donor. For now, just try and take it easy and not worry too much until the final product but brace yourself. Take the necessary steps to correct this, if need be, and make clear and conscience decisions in the future. Take into consideration what the senior members advise and above all, do your due diligence. How are you feeling mentally? I don't mean your sanity but generally how are you feeling after your procedure and after creating this thread which got the brutally honest reviews you may not have expected? I want to make sure you're alright because if you were worried about how you looked pre-ht, I don't want you to fall into depression. I know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Always keep in mind that it's not the end of the world, far from it. This all can be fixed if need be. This is a great site where you can vent, we're all here for one another even though most of us don't know each other. Cheers, pal.

You're right. I did rush into this, out of desperation and sadness of how it made me look. I did research, but not ample enough it seems. I don't know... the hair transplant surgeon and his team answered all I asked, and made me feel at home and comfortable, not rushing me in and out. He still follows up my every question.

I really wish you hadn't rushed into it after you had about 8 pages of this community telling you not to.

But what's done is done. You have to forget it and be like any other post op patient now, get it off your mind for the next year or so. You can evaluate in the next 12-15 months and see where to go from there.

Hey, try not to get down on yourself, people make mistakes. I assure you most people on this site are only here to help, not judge. It's hard to decide what's good advice when you're new to this. Just be careful from here on out because you only have a limited supply of donor. For now, just try and take it easy and not worry too much until the final product but brace yourself. Take the necessary steps to correct this, if need be, and make clear and conscience decisions in the future. Take into consideration what the senior members advise and above all, do your due diligence. How are you feeling mentally? I don't mean your sanity but generally how are you feeling after your procedure and after creating this thread which got the brutally honest reviews you may not have expected? I want to make sure you're alright because if you were worried about how you looked pre-ht, I don't want you to fall into depression. I know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Always keep in mind that it's not the end of the world, far from it. This all can be fixed if need be. This is a great site where you can vent, we're all here for one another even though most of us don't know each other. Cheers, pal.
Mentally per today, I am feeling tranquil yet anxious, of course. I really hope this all works out. I feel as though I did something right for myself, yet I erred. To me it looks fine, but that is only through the eyes of a novice. Yes, "if need be", I take it can in fact be corrected, but again I hope it will not come to that. Maybe, maybe not. You have my thanks for your support and encouraging words. Godspeed!

I really wish you hadn't rushed into it after you had about 8 pages of this community telling you not to.

But what's done is done. You have to forget it and be like any other post op patient now, get it off your mind for the next year or so. You can evaluate in the next 12-15 months and see where to go from there.

Aye, you are right. I will still keep updating the community though, if there is any interest for me doing so. Thanks for sticking with me, I appreciate it. Pray the outcome may please me, heh.

AH! These pics are hard to look at. There is such a distinct difference in the flow and direction between the recipient area and the native area. How far along are you now? Almost 3 months?
Could I send you the photo via e-mail, then the quality won't degrade, and you can as well zoom in on the picture without it getting blurry. 2 months and 5 days. I am seeing growth, but I probably won't be seeing anything significant before month 4, or some such. Can I PM you?